PDA

View Full Version : S13 OEM cd player options?

LAWL
12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
I need some help from the Nissan Audio Gurus. First things first. Vehicle is a 1991 240sx SE. I bought it with an aftermarket H/U in it but it was stolen the other night. (fuck thieves)

In light of this I want something OEM so thieves are less likely to steal it.

I would like something 100% plug and play. Does Infiniti/Nissan have anything that would plug right up?

If there are no plug-and-play options, is there a quick and easy way to splice the 95 and up connectors into the 91-94 240 harness?

If I had to splice in new connectors, is there any single or double DIN Nissan radio that would have iPod connectivity?

Lots of question but I just got done searching for a couple hours and had no answers.

-Thanks

projectRDM
12-18-2008, 06:29 PM
The newest stuff will have an AUX input for iPods but you'll need the 95- up harness. Problem is a lot of the newer radios aren't all double DIN, the 350Z for example has that weird curve to it and is ugly as hell. The nicest OE deck that looks clean would be an Xterra/Frontier 6CD unit, non Rockford Fosgate, because it has an amp built in.

LAWL
12-19-2008, 05:43 AM
So you're saying it is possible to wire in new connectors then? I guess it's time to go digging for pin diagrams on a 240 and a Frontier/Xterra...

projectRDM
12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
So you're saying it is possible to wire in new connectors then? I guess it's time to go digging for pin diagrams on a 240 and a Frontier/Xterra...

Go to any decent audio store and ask for a Metra 71-7550, that's the radio side of the Nissan plugs 95-up. Plugs right into the radio, then you just hardwire it in the car.

LAWL
12-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Are the wires the same colors just different plugs? I've found a guide for the 240, still trying to decide what head unit I want though so I haven't searched for a wiring guide for 95 and up vehicles...

projectRDM
12-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Are the wires the same colors just different plugs? I've found a guide for the 240, still trying to decide what head unit I want though so I haven't searched for a wiring guide for 95 and up vehicles...

Metra harnesses go by the aftermarket audio colors, red for ignition, black for ground, orange for illumination, etc. So it's a simple matching to the OE codes, for example blue is ignition, red/blue is illumination.

LAWL
12-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Cool, thank you for your input. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and document what I do and turn it into a walkthrough that can be applied to any 95+ non-bose headunit. (since I couldn't find something like that in the first place)