PDA

View Full Version : Sweet @&$)(@#$&*@#!$)[email protected]#$*#$ Christ!!

Silviaholic
02-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Im sorry I need to vent....

WHAT THE ****! WHY CANT I ****ING WIN?! WHY IS IT EVER TIME SOMETHING GOES RIGHT, I GET IT RIGHT UP THE TAIL PIPE SON OF A FUICKING BITCH I JUST CANT GET THIS **** STRAIGHT!!!

IMA BE STUCK MAKIN FUKIN 7.76 TILL I LEAVE FOR THE FUKIN ARMY AND THAT WONT BUY ME ****!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

WHY CANT LIFE NOT SUCK AND BLESS ME WITH A CAR AS COOL AS JEFFS?!!?! WTF

thank you for your time, feel free to delete this post at your discretion

HaLo
02-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Hum.. What are you talking about?

96SEChick
02-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Ummm...what happened?

nrcooled
02-13-2003, 07:52 PM
I am picking up on a hint of disgruntledness (is that a word?)

96SEChick
02-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by nrcooled
I am picking up on a hint of disgruntledness (is that a word?)

But was he ever gruntled?

Dousan_PG
02-13-2003, 07:59 PM
sounds like hes got no luck
he got a job that pays 7.xx per hour before he leaves w/ the army to...whereever...

Jeff240sx
02-13-2003, 08:00 PM
I can't quite understand the disgruntled vs. gruntled thing. It's seems being gruntled is a good thing, cuz when people are separated from it, or disgruntled, they flip out.
So, Lauren, I believe that everyone is gruntled.

And dude.. what happened to you?
-Jeff

Annoying Eric
02-13-2003, 08:02 PM
If i remember correctly, he posted about finding a nice s14, maybe it fell through and he couldn't buy it... other then that i have no clue what could be wrong.....

96SEChick
02-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
I can't quite understand the disgruntled vs. gruntled thing. It's seems being gruntled is a good thing, cuz when people are separated from it, or disgruntled, they flip out.
So, Lauren, I believe that everyone is gruntled.

And dude.. what happened to you?
-Jeff

Sorry--bad joke.

Silviaholic--seriously--what's wrong? We're your family :D

BLiTz
02-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Silviaholic
IMA BE STUCK MAKIN FUKIN 7.76 AND THAT WONT BUY ME ****!!! WHY CANT LIFE NOT SUCK AND BLESS ME WITH A CAR AS COOL AS JEFFS?!!?! WTF
Its alright, I make 6.50, and my car sucks...so your not the only one.:D

kandyflip445
02-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BLiTz
Its alright, I make 6.50, and my car sucks...so your not the only one.:D

I make 6.50 too!!!! Sucks....:( I don't even have a 240 yet...that's why I'm a poseur....

misnomer
02-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Haw haw, stupid poor people. I'm rakin' in $6.75/hour working only 15 hours a week! Keep this up and I'll have that new filter in my airbox in NO TIME FLAT!

Sucks going from just under $12/hr to this, but, it's all good. Perhaps when I finish ROTC and/or college, I'll get me somethin' slick, like strut tower bars!! Livin' large, baby, livin' large :-)

akiraintegra06
02-13-2003, 10:34 PM
hope he doesnt work at the post office....jk....bad joke.....

AceInHole
02-13-2003, 10:51 PM
I make 8/hr, but my job is surfing the internet.... and my car is as cheap as it gets.

DSC
02-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I just lost my job out of the blue(laid off)...there isn't enough money in my account to cover my car payment.

If your joining the army soon anyway, why's it matter what you make now?

ca18guy
02-14-2003, 01:37 AM
If your this stressed out now, I hate to see you after you get out of Army Basic :-\

Sundi240
02-14-2003, 02:17 AM
This is how it works.

If you have little or no education, you get a job that pays little.
If you have post secondary education, you get paid well.

Roly
02-14-2003, 03:58 AM
i make $24 an hour and I still bitch that it's not enough.

dorifto240
02-14-2003, 04:29 AM
IMA BE STUCK MAKIN FUKIN 7.76 TILL I LEAVE FOR THE FUKIN ARMY AND THAT WONT BUY ME ****!!!

Heres a trick: try SAVING YOUR MONEY!

I make $8/hr, and it may have taken 2 yrs, but my car seems to be doing just fine :D

rslice97
02-14-2003, 04:40 AM
I sold my 86 200sx for $1500, about what i bought it for. Great! I bought a 95 240 in great shape. put new wheels on it and was about to put on a new suspension. Kick ass! When a dude ran a stop sign and totaled my car. Cool! Oh well. I spent about three months looking for a new car. Found a nice 97 240!! great!! Until some dude decided to smash a shopping cart into the passenger door. Whoops!!!! Fought with his insurance for a couple of months. Got them to fix it. Then i decided to crash into a couple of curbs and Fu%k up the suspension. Dont drink and drive!!! The moral of the story? Im not sure. Just stay positive and things will get better. Just look at me. good things can happen to bad people!!
Good luck
Rich

ps sorry for the long sad bastard post

chokudoriS13
02-14-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Sundi240
This is how it works.

If you have little or no education, you get a job that pays little.
If you have post secondary education, you get paid well.

A somewhat misguided statement as far as the current economy is concerned. I'm about to graduate from a somewhat high-rated school (UCLA), with two B.A.'s (Economics and Psych) and an Accounting minor, and I'm screwed as far as jobs go. There are simply no jobs out there. Ask "Got Sileighty?" on this board. He graduated last spring... Have him give you an account of the current job market. I have friends who have graduated who sit on their ass or wait tables. One had a 3.95 GPA from USC Marshall School of Business, excellent extracurriculars and jumped on a $40k a year offer which requred a relocation to a central California village. Another just had an interview last week and was told that his competition is a f%^ing former VP of a finance company. This is partly why I'm making an attempt to go to law school (just took the LSAT Feb.8th)... But, for that year I have to kill between then and now, its a $9 an hour job for me, with TWO and a HALF degrees.

Silviaholic
02-14-2003, 05:35 AM
Damn, i expected this to be deleted within minutes, not blown up with twenty post over night...hmmm...

well I have has some sleep and **** still sucks. I work at the wonderful world of Pep Boys as a service advisor, the lowest paid service advisor of the entire company. It is a managment posistion with the headaches to prove it. I cant stand working hard for **** money.

I talked to a guy at Nissan who would be down payin my 10 an hour as an advisor, but when I got the the service manager was talkin some **** about being a Car Porter, you know the lucky guy that drives the car from here to there for 8 and hour.... yea sounds like fun but now I have to look at my roots in Pep Boys or go to a new company, being the new guy again and learning all sorts of new ****....not to mention having that first week of pure ****ing up like we all do at our first job.....sweet christ.

I cant save my money since I crashed a Camry in August and Im still paying it off, good luck borrowing your sisters car with no tread in the rear in the first 10mins of rain....damn it.

And Eric, your right. Im not getting that s-14 and I am UBER****ED. Thats all I wanted was that car, I had everything arragned and since me and Pops arent talking Mom wouldnt sign the f*kin paper without him.... I dont want them to ****ing PAY for the car, just sign a damn paper...but NOOOOO Dad has to be a dumb cum guzzling gutter slut with nothing to do better than make my life a living hell....

anyone wonder why Im leaving for th ARMY for 6 years? Not to mention the 8k sign on bonner (bonus) which will bring me THAT mutch closer to my MCS14... :-D yea...thats my euphoria....MCs14

sykikchimp
02-14-2003, 07:22 AM
lol.. I'd rather drive a pinto than join the army..

I'm with Roly... 45K a year, and still underpaid.. :(

KiDyNomiTe
02-14-2003, 02:16 PM
geez I made 6, then moved to 6.25, now I am unemployed, unemployment is fun, except I have too much free time (thats why my post count is getting to the 2000s, need to find a job quick.

Chicken Magnet
02-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Coming from someone who was in the military:

1. Get your **** straight and get promoted to at least E4.
2. Ask to go to Japan for at least 2 years which will be enough time for you to rate bringing a car back to the U.S.
3. Buy a Silvia, Fairlady, Skyline, whatever floats your boat.
4. Bring to the U.S.
5. Get laid every night and win races on the side.

I was in the Marine Corps and a couple of my friends brought a right hand drive Fairlady and another brought a Skyline to the states in Southern Cali.

I'll probably get recalled again to go to Iraq, but I will go without question if they let me bring my mountain bike. I heard there are a lot of good trails there...

Nerfdude
02-14-2003, 03:02 PM
heheh.. i'm 18 and in highschool, and i make 10 bucks average an hour weekdays and 15 weekends... pizza guy! woo! unfortunately, i spend it all....
maybe i should put money in the ol' bank account.

Natty
02-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Nerfdude
heheh.. i'm 18 and in highschool, and i make 10 bucks average an hour weekdays and 15 weekends... pizza guy! woo! unfortunately, i spend it all....
maybe i should put money in the ol' bank account.
I tried that for 2 hours before I quit. It was hell on my car.
I figure if you can get a better delivery job, you can buy a POS pizza beater, but not for thw 12hr I was gonna get.
Jeff

deltrr
02-14-2003, 05:08 PM
i get paid 8/hr and i work in the parts dept @ a nissan dealership

i think im underpaid..

91CRXsiR
02-15-2003, 01:03 AM
no1 w/ a High school diploma should be making less than 10/hr
you can get an office job doing filing or wutever leave the pizza jobs to the pimpled faced seniors.

how much do I make you say?...

jaksihet nothing.. cuz im opening my own business so techically i don't get paid =) i hate taxes

DarkSideoftheSpoon
02-15-2003, 02:41 PM
$6.25/hr... with my 100-hp civic wearing 15x7 ASA wheels, an A'PEXi exhaust and AEM intake. Everybody starts small. If I'm lucky I'll get two jobs this summer, work 60 hrs/week, and make enough to buy an S13 coupe and a JDM SR20 by next summer.
Either that or an H22 for the Civ- torque is sweet.

By the way, this forum is awesome and you guys rock.

s14vaxlr8
02-15-2003, 03:21 PM
do as good as you can on the asvab test and you can get a better MOS, try military intelligence or a special mos, you will make bank when you get out plus get a special duty allowance. i was a tank gunner on an m1a2 for 2 years and got me nowhere, just a 21 year old now making barley 40k in the 2nd richest fckn county in the us.

chicken magnet was right, get your e4 asap, i know in the usmc its a little harder to pull rank, but with osut training for tankers i got my e3 out of basic training. e4 within the next year

2. get a contract marraige, find a chick that lives with her parents, that you can deal with and wants money like you do, live on base, youll get paid to live off base usually depending on where it is..... can be up to 900 monthly for your housing, plus bas comrats for food is an extra 250 month. but your living in the barraks like mentioned and the 900 can be split by you and your "wife" thats a good sum of change in your pocket per month, if you know spanish, you get paid more too if you score well on a test, if not you can learn it easy, and pass

good luck
cody

ca18guy
02-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Listen to the above person. Get a good score on the ASVAB and get a good gaurenteed job. Sign up for 4 years for that job, most skilled non-grunt jobs get a good re-enlistment bonus (i'm going by AF standards so maybe army/navy people can enlighten me on there re-ups) anyway after 4 years either take the big bonus to re-enlist for a few more years or get out and have a good chance at a nice job. Either one will probably make you more then signing up for 6 and getting 8k (more like 5k after taxes) don't be suckered by the recruiter. To put it in perspective, in my carrear field I signed for 4 years and got a 1k sign on, I can then re-enlist at the end of that for 60k for 6 years or 40k for 4 more years (thats 41k in bonuses for 8 years of duty compared to 8k of bonuses for the 6 you would sign up for)

s14vaxlr8
02-15-2003, 05:44 PM
agreed sign up for 4 and theyll beg you to and pay you more to stay in, i was offered 24k for 4 more years, but hell no, i was ready to bounce:D

Silviaholic
02-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DarkSideoftheSpoon
$6.25/hr... with my 100-hp civic wearing 15x7 ASA wheels, an A'PEXi exhaust and AEM intake. Everybody starts small. If I'm lucky I'll get two jobs this summer, work 60 hrs/week, and make enough to buy an S13 coupe and a JDM SR20 by next summer.
Either that or an H22 for the Civ- torque is sweet.

By the way, this forum is awesome and you guys rock.

thank you....thank you

[emotion emmy Thank You speech]

but yea...money blows...I want more.

Im doin 40 hrs a week and I barley hit 500$ every two weeks... its asstastic..but yea, Im puttin EVERY last ****in cent I have away for my MCS14, which I would like to have in the next 1-2months

Silviaholic
02-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by s14vaxlr8
do as good as you can on the asvab test and you can get a better MOS, try military intelligence or a special mos, you will make bank when you get out plus get a special duty allowance. i was a tank gunner on an m1a2 for 2 years and got me nowhere, just a 21 year old now making barley 40k in the 2nd richest fckn county in the us.

chicken magnet was right, get your e4 asap, i know in the usmc its a little harder to pull rank, but with osut training for tankers i got my e3 out of basic training. e4 within the next year

2. get a contract marraige, find a chick that lives with her parents, that you can deal with and wants money like you do, live on base, youll get paid to live off base usually depending on where it is..... can be up to 900 monthly for your housing, plus bas comrats for food is an extra 250 month. but your living in the barraks like mentioned and the 900 can be split by you and your "wife" thats a good sum of change in your pocket per month, if you know spanish, you get paid more too if you score well on a test, if not you can learn it easy, and pass

good luck
cody

didnt see this post, sorry for the dbl post...

Im a 63y, Track Vehicle Mechanic, with a 74 ASVAB score. **** for a HS student I dont think that is HALF bad... but I have a 8k sign on bonus and Im already a E-2 so I am on my way.

b_dyche
02-16-2003, 02:37 AM
I just got processed for the Navy a couple weeks ago... got a 94/99 on the ASVAB in a little over half an hour, went Navy 'cause dad's a retired Chief - no way I could live down joining the AF or the Army...

Anyway, I went for the NUKE program 'cause I wanted something intellectually stimulating... and the advanced paygrade & such from having my associate's degree and 4 years ROTC wasn't bad either, so I won't hit a command until I'm an E-4 at least, most likely E-5 'cause of the year and a half total of schooling (bootcamp, a-school, and nuke school)...

I totally understand the broke thing as well... I work a commissioned sales job, which is great because I have an hourly base pay, but it sucks because you get used to good money ($7500 in December alone) and go to crap money ($1300 in January) and then to decent money ($2500 this month) all because of differenct circumstances...

I agree with the guys above: make sure to work yourself as hard as possible to get your E-4 out of school before you hit your command... it'll pay big for you in the end (the higher the rank and the younger you are when you re-enlist determines how much $$$ you are worth for x amount of years!)

Chicken Magnet
02-16-2003, 10:00 AM
To get promoted quick, get a job in Intelligence or where there's not a lot of people.

To make a lot of money when you get out because of all the training, get a job in computers or hazmat (hazardous material).

My friend was given a job because he knew a lot about computers
60K starting and they trained him! He was only 21 years old when he got out.

Jim96SC2
02-16-2003, 11:06 AM
It's all about work ethic, financial stability, and job loyalty. I started in high school at 5.25 and I make 9.70 now. It sucked in the begining but I'm doing OK now. I work as much as I can every week (union limits PT to 17.5 hrs max.) pick up any overtime when offered and I cover almost the entire dept.'s sick leave (about 8 people). Every 2 weeks I make about 400-500 dollars (I have a second job too) after taxes which about 80% gets put into my account for my car.

My method:
1) Track income over 2 months and figure weekly earnings after taxes.
2) Note expenditures during the week (especially food and gas!).
3) Take an honest calculation of how much time it would take to get enough money for certain "stages of car development.
4) Try and beat projected times.

Start wiht small stages and work up.

masta
02-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah, what did you expect? It looks like you are still in High School.

Like many people have said, you can not make a whole lot during this time without a degree or work experience. If that were the case life would be too easy. In time you will be able to get what you want if you work hard.

jsr20det
02-17-2003, 02:11 PM
6.75 an hour here, and im only 16. Expecting my first car before summer! I just need to save up 2 grand, and my mom said she'll pay for the rest of my 240sx.

Phlip
02-17-2003, 04:53 PM
I want to know where you guys are getting your high school jobs... I worked in a Grocery store and at celebration station (Chuck E Cheese with a kart track and mini golf for those that don't know) and NEVER made over 6.** an hour until I was getting ready to graduate... Granted, I am doing quite a bit better for myself at age 23 now, but I would have killed for 6.75 at 16-17 personally...

b_dyche
02-18-2003, 01:59 AM
I've worked quite a few jobs... some "official" and some not... driving tractor/training horses/bucking hay is the best job in the world... farmer's pay good $$$$ for someone who is willing to do the hard work...

I also worked at the NASWI Commissarry for 2 years as a bagger... tips only... on the old system I'd make about $50/afternoon (3 hours)... good money for a 16 year old kid...

my next job is gonna be a pizza driver... gotta get that to replace JC Penney... retail business sucks...

gotta make enough to make the ends meet until bootcamp...