PDA

View Full Version : 95 Air Conditioning Problem with USDM Controls

alzahakar
12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Ok, I've searched and can't find a similar problem. If it's there, I didn't find it. I have a 95 S14 with USDM climate controls and no A/C compressor. I don't think the lack of a compressor would affect what's going on in my case. It's getting cold here in Vegas, so I started trying to use the heat.

When I turn the ignition to the ON position or initially start the car, the controls work perfectly. If I am driving and turn the system off, it doesn't shut off. It keeps blowing. Keep in mind, the switch is now in the off position. When I get where I'm going and turn the ignition off, the system will shut itself off. Now the controls all work perfectly again. Alternatively, if the system is off when I start driving, I can turn the system on and it does not come on. It stays off. Switch in the off position, I stop and shut the car off, the system now kicks on and the controls work as they should.

I was thinking it may be something with the alternator not putting out enough current to keep the engine and auxillary systems running, but I could be dead wrong, just trying to get some other opinions before I start replacing stuff.

***edit***
Some more information on the car: It has a KA24DE, not much in the performance department other than a header and exhaust, nothing JDM except the headlights.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you can help me out.

alzahakar
12-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Bump. Any help would be much appreciated.

alzahakar
12-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Think I figured it out. I think my ignition switch took a crap on itself.