PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Country or San Fernando Valley - Anyone live there?

topi
12-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Sorry for a strange question, but I live in the UK and I'm thinking of moving away... maybe to Canyon Country or San Fernando Valley.

So if anyones around those areas or knows about them, it'd be cool to have a talk about stuff! Away from the forum or whatever if it's messing the place up haha.

stiizy
12-16-2008, 09:55 AM
You should post this in Regional for better responses...

Just ask a mod to move it for you....

topi
12-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Ah crap yeah, that would be a good idea yup! Thanks for the tip off - I'll ask now. :)

stiizy
12-16-2008, 10:01 AM
No problem.....

S13SilviaGirl
12-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Tell ya what

You move here, and I will go to the UK for you? Deal?

But in all seriousness, what do you want to know about the area?

scweet1
12-16-2008, 11:42 AM
San fernando Valley is Huge, what exact area are you looking in to? Pacoima?

topi
12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
See thats the thing, I don't really have a clue - so I could do with advice on...

1. I've been told these areas are good for the car scene, good community. Is that right?
2. I've also been told that theres alot of business in autos. Tuning, rods, shops etc, so jobs should be ok?
3. I wont be looking at expensive houses and stuff, but where should I avoid? I don't wanna get shot in the face and my car stolen.
4. What are the cops like with modified cars, are there any homo laws?

Basically I want somewhere close to regular drift days, a good community of car guys, a job, and a general chilled out life haha.

xfallen1x
12-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey dude here's a link to our SFV 240 meet thread here on zilvia.
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-states/164708-official-wednesday-night-sfv-240-meet-818-a.html
We meet up every Wednesday night and talk about everything. We also discuss & attend track events, organize bbq's and all that jazz. You're welcome to post up in there and ask away with the peeps there. We'll be happy to answer whatever questions you have about the area and lifestyle here in SoCal. I also have guys that commute to the meet from the Canyon Country/Valencia area so they also could put their :2c: about that side of the tracks too.
All in all, SoCal has a rich tradition with the import scene. Valley cops are not too bad (at least in my experience) as long as you're not monkeying aroun town attracting attention to yourself. You do have to watch out for your car (but not any more than anywhere else) as there are thugs stealing them unfortunately. Anyways feel free to ask away. I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback.

Om1kron
12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
See thats the thing, I don't really have a clue - so I could do with advice on...

1. I've been told these areas are good for the car scene, good community. Is that right?

california is cool for car enthusiats, but that particular area in the 661 is pretty drab, and I've seen a stock 240 stolen from that area, could only imagine them going bonkers with a modded one.

2. I've also been told that theres alot of business in autos. Tuning, rods, shops etc, so jobs should be ok?
it's all about pit crew motorsports hahaha j/k (inside joke) the economy sucks in our country right now man, finding a good paying job right now is not so easy with a 6 percent average unemployment rate.

3. I wont be looking at expensive houses and stuff, but where should I avoid? I don't wanna get shot in the face and my car stolen.

watts.... seriously.

4. What are the cops like with modified cars, are there any homo laws?
you will get pulled over for no front plate, anything they can think of they will pull you over for. They will even pull you over to tell you that your car is rad and if you can tell them what they can get for their cars.

Basically I want somewhere close to regular drift days, a good community of car guys, a job, and a general chilled out life haha.

yeah palmdale is in the cards for you, but aint jack shit up there.

topi
12-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Nice one man, thanks for the advice. It's funny you should say about the economy, part of the reason I want to move away from the UK is the same reason, but it's reeeally bad right now. Alot of people are being fired, big factories are closing down, nobody can even get loans or credit cards because the banks are so unstable. Harsh times.