PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket cat-back exhaust path...

Odysseus
12-15-2008, 09:33 PM
So this weekend Im beginning the buildup for my custom exhaust on my S13. Ive noticed that most aftermarket exhaust paths are more straight than the stock path. Does anyone have pictures of where the new tubing is ran so I kind of have a rough idea? I would like to eliminate the two 90* bends right before the muffler among other bends if possible...

projectRDM
12-15-2008, 11:55 PM
From the downpipe look straight back.

There's your exhaust path.

Or, search any number of pictures online of Schassis exhausts.

Odysseus
12-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Trust me, Ive tried. I have a few, just seeing what else I can get. You never can be too prepared...?

alzahakar
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
There's 3 ways to handle this.

1) Trial and Error
2) Take it to an exhaust shop
3) Buy and aftermarket exhaust.

I would go with 3. They make proven power.

Odysseus
12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
The thing is, I have everything I need to build this exhaust. Ive been working on getting it all together for a while now. Its my senior project for school.

alzahakar
12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
If you are using a mandrel to bend the pipe, bend a little and fit it. If it clears everything at that bend, move to the next. That's about the only way to do it if you are using a single piece of pipe. If you don't wanna fit, do a search on conduit bending mathematics and apply that. Just remember, for every bend, the pipe shortens, so you will have to calculate the take up to your next bend.