PDA

View Full Version : anyone experienced with ebay?

thelinja
02-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Alright, so I won a bid on ebay, the seller didn't specify the payment type. So I transferred money from my checking account to my "My eBay" account to pay him through that. The seller then tells me he only accepts COD's. Perfect. Is there anyway I can transfer this money back into my account? I emailed eBay and all I got was this automated email BS that didn't help at all. I'm totally new to eBay and any help will be appreciated.

hotdogg
02-13-2003, 12:07 PM
i don't know much about the ebay payments, but how could it be a scam if you aren't paying for the item until you receive it. there should be an option that will let you transfer your ebay account back to your bank account. how else would sellers get their money when they sell something.

thelinja
02-13-2003, 01:17 PM
No, I'm not claiming scam. If the previous story was unclear, I'll tell it again. Here's what happened. I won the bid at $69 dollars with shipping. I went into "My eBay" and transferred $69 in to my "my eBay" account for payment because the seller didn't specify what payment type he wanted and I thought paying through eBay itself would be simpler and less of a hassle. I emailed the seller and he told me he only accepted COD's. He didn't get my eBay payment. He didn't recieve any payment from me, so this is not a scam. I just want to simply know how to get my money transferred back into my Checking account from my "my eBay" account.

Dousan_PG
02-13-2003, 02:03 PM
give us the weblink!
last time i posted something for sale you had to select "type of payment"

thelinja
02-13-2003, 02:18 PM
here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6749&item=2400603960)
There it is, upon closer inspection, it does say that he wants COD. I just read up top where it gave you differnet payment options.

hotdogg
02-13-2003, 04:41 PM
ok go to "myeBay" click on the accounts tab, at the bottom at the account-related links click on refunds. you have to fill out a form and mail or fax it. so it looks like it will take a few weeks.

thelinja
02-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Sweet! Thanks man. It's been there all along, I've just been overlooking it.