View Full Version : Installing subrframe bushings

singlecamslam
12-14-2008, 09:37 AM
OK i know this is pretty straight forward deal, but i had the hardest time ever removing those metal sleeves that are on the subframe because they were rusted to the frame, so now i damamged the rim of the subframe and the new aluminum bushings are not going in. So, what are my options? i was thinking to fix the rim as much as i can and than take a torch to it, spray some lube on it and hammer the crap out of the bushing to get it in there? Let me know what i can do to solve this problem.

CrimsonRockett
12-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Take a chisel to it and fix what you bent in?

Take a picture.

That really helps us point you in the right direction.

murda-c
12-14-2008, 09:47 AM
fix it as best you can, make sure there are no cracks, paint the subframe to prevent rust, and freeze the bushings before you put them in.

singlecamslam
12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry i cant get pictures, But i did just that, I fixed the bent parts today and forgot to paint it... and right after i put the top bushings in i realized that i didnt paint it, so i feel pretty dumb. So far i got the top bushings in with no problem, its the bottom ones giving me problems. And i live in california, is rust that big of an issue down there? I'm just going to paint it from the bottom where the bushings are not in yet. Thanks guys.