View Full Version : SR20det equiv to N/A. HELP!!!!

bl3ujay07
12-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Alright, still trying to figure out WTF is wrong with my s13 sr motor. Been trying to fix the F***en problem for about three months now and still nothing.
Mods (list what comes to mind for full detail):
-s13 blacktop stock 25 with j4 ecu
-hks step 1 (???) 264 cams
-greddy ras
-greddy valve spring
-walbro fp
-gredy fmic
-greddy down pipe
-stock cat with custom 3” exhaust
-solid mounts
-greddy type s bov

Description of symptoms: when driving and throwing it to neutral, car idle drops to about 500 rpm, yes 500 rpm, and then goes back to about 900 rpm. Before, no boost until a bit before 4k rpm, now no boost until maybe 4.25k rpm. Boost gauge show 11-12lbs of boost, but does not feel anything like 11-12, probably not even 7 lbs!!!
If you tend to push car a bit, just so it hits boost for a bit and throw it into neutral, car will die, so I would slowly brake and throw it into lower gear so the motor will run. Will eventually keep dying if I throw it into neutral. This also happens when you exit the freeway. ß can that be bc of bov? It seems like the softer it is, the more it tends to die off easier. So now I have bov closed all the way. Vac reads 10.

Ok, so far, I have checked timing three times. Also took off valve cover to make sure cams were positioned correctly. Took it to shop to check also, and timing is good, so don’t tell me its bc of timing. Checked vacuum lines and all is good. Checked knock sensor and the harness, np there. Cleaned maf. Checked for boost leak. Checked gap for spark plugs, .032. coil pack looks good. My brother had the car before me, so we know how car should run like. He said vac at idle with cams where around 12.

Had someone on the forums tell me to check injectors and will have them checked tomorrow when there is someone who can give me a hand. Anyone know what else I should check for and who as in a shop (knowledgeable with sr motors, not just random shops) near Stockton, ca zip code 95212? Car is so F***en unsatisfying:mad:!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Also, i put solid mounts on mod list bc someone said that any vibration that knck sensor detects, can put it into safe mode. Dont think solid mounts will do this, but just putting it out there. Also, car has been guzzling up WAY to much gas. WAY MORE THAN IT SHOULD

sillyvia13
12-09-2008, 11:55 PM
what change from bro car to yours?
could be a anything.

did you check ecu codes?
pm me for more help... I have toyed with sr's I had a shop now I went back underground

bl3ujay07
12-10-2008, 12:46 AM
^^^nothing, just ras, solid mounts, hks actuator, and radiator. Something with the j4 ecu needing a light thing in order to pull codes.

bl3ujay07
12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
cmon anyone else besides sillyvia13 (which is extremely helpful). I need some more insight on this.

Manhitbytran
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
cmon anyone else besides sillyvia13 (which is extremely helpful). I need some more insight on this.
Check your maf?

shytdoode
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
set the distributor to a different idle friend had a similar problem but never died we just changed position of distributor cap and it worked fine but this was also on a KA

Addicted2Kouki
12-10-2008, 02:52 PM
please tell me you recirculated your bov.

also check timing.

bl3ujay07
12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Please read my first post FIRST!!! maf works had clean just in cast, and its a sr, no distributor, just coil packs.

bl3ujay07
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
bov not recirculated, but never had a problem when the motor belong to my brother either. Had it non recirculated ever since he had motor.