PDA

View Full Version : People are going to take a gay off tomarrow..

HyperTek
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
thats right that is what they said on the news. On the news they are talking about it. People will be taking a day off from work tomorrow, not purchasing anything., not working, etc.. to make a point that gays are people too and demand rights.

I dont have a job, can I have the job of someone who is going to call in tomarrow? Maybe i should post that on craigslist "willing to work while gays take the day off".

I just think they are taking things too far with this. They feel their beliefs are more important than to commit to their employers.

I dont think its good to show that, esp since theres alot of people getting laid off now or already no job, and these people want to call in off to make a point.

DOOK
12-09-2008, 07:24 PM
well I'll put it like this... if 100 years from now gays are in control because it becomes acceptable and common place, if they decide to outlaw heterosexual marriage, how would you as a straight person feel about that? That is basically what you did to them... I don't blame them. All the god damn so called christain people proclaiming judge not yadda yadda yadda then they pull this garbage. Wasn't one of the main reasons eve ate the apple to give mankind freedom of choice? Guess not.

ALTRNTV
12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
This thread will not end well. Yes on Prop 8.

HyperTek
12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
i actually come to not really mind, its just i dont have a job that gets me and some people are planning to call a day off tomarrow for this. Esp. during the holidays and alot of people are already hurting from the economy. and these people want to take the day off to affect it even more.

bardabe
12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
lol ima laugh if they get laid off. like "HA BITCH! not so special now!!"

allntrlundrgrnd
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
people may be hurting from the economy but not enough to stop them from trampling an employee to death while bumrushing a store opening.

HyperTek
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
unfortunately, if they get fired from that, they will probably say they where being discriminated..

Brian
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
So Hypertek, how did you feel when all the Mexican people didn't go to work? last year or two years ago or something.

ALTRNTV
12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
So Hypertek, how did you feel when all the Mexican people didn't go to work? last year or two years ago or something.
A Day without a Mexican.

This time it's a Day without a Gay.

HyperTek
12-09-2008, 07:42 PM
i was at work but i heard the streets where backed up even in downtown riverside i think. Im not mexican but i have family from Asia, which some of them typically have to wait in line for years til they get the go-ahead to come to the US legally. I do believe Illegals need help, but they first need to help themselves first before coming over like the rest of the world.

Then again, the gay community probably isnt big enough to really affect much??

slothonaleash
12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Doesn't seem like an effective way to protest for rights. At all.

I only see the community losing respect for this.

I'm going to school, work, and buying a pack of gum.

ALTRNTV
12-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll be sure to buy stuff where they are protesting at.

sillyvia13
12-09-2008, 08:03 PM
why dont you protest with em?

EQUAL RIGHTS! are for all.
Not just dudes who dig chics.

I aint ghey, and could never kiss a man, well unless he was really cute... and had killer eyes, and BANGING ASS! like a J- lo booty. then MAYBE!

I think we should all take a gay off... we desire it. (shit, I dont work.)

Matej
12-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Ugh, now I have to wait until Thursday to get my nails done.

azndoc
12-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I believe that if its something that they feel they need to do to get the attention then go ahead.

It's America.

Last time I checked we're suppose to be the nation that sets the example of letting the people have the freedom to believe in what they want to believe in.

If people want to believe in gay marriage then who are we to deny their very freedom of doing so.

I bet if there was a march for something like the freedom of running SRs in everyone's daily drivers then I'm sure everyone would get off of their asses and start marching because its something that some people believe in and want.

Well same goes for the gays.

Phlip
12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I live in a right-to-work state...
Decide not to show up for any reason not covered by FMLA, I DARE you.
"I was buttfucking in protest" is not covered by FMLA.
I am GLAD to be in NC right now.

blueshark123
12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
why dont you protest with em?

EQUAL RIGHTS! are for all.
Not just dudes who dig chics.

I aint ghey, and could never kiss a man, well unless he was really cute... and had killer eyes, and BANGING ASS! like a J- lo booty. then MAYBE!

I think we should all take a gay off... we desire it. (shit, I dont work.)

Yea thats kind of gay lol

I hope they get fired pulling shit like that when people r losing their jobs left and right.

And hypertek tomarrow is spelt like This "Tomorrow" lol

98s14inaz
12-09-2008, 08:31 PM
well I'll put it like this... if 100 years from now gays are in control because it becomes acceptable and common place, if they decide to outlaw heterosexual marriage, how would you as a straight person feel about that? That is basically what you did to them... I don't blame them. All the god damn so called christain people proclaiming judge not yadda yadda yadda then they pull this garbage. Wasn't one of the main reasons eve ate the apple to give mankind freedom of choice? Guess not.

I'd be ok with that. Marriage is for suckers anyway. Wooooohoooooo something we straights suck at is banned.

Matej
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
So what about tomorrow's episode of Will & Grace?
They better not leave me hanging.

WERDdabuilder
12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
oh fantastic.

sillyvia13
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
ok, no man kissing, I thought about it for awhile...and puked twice.

azndoc said it right...
all in all.
no one cares about each other. ghey or not.

If I seen a homo homoless man outside in cold I would help him either way ghey or not.
people need to learn what a heart is and use it. not just for sex.

Live and love. shit be gay living! gay = happy the last time.

why am I posting in a ghey thread... could I be? nah... I got a kid...

ronmcdon
12-09-2008, 11:31 PM
I totally approve! That'll mean the traffic on my commute in LA will probably cut down by at least half.

If the gays & lesbians (or any other community) need to make a statement by taking off work, that's not for me to say right or wrong. It doesn't effect me one way or the other. However, what is between the employer and the employee ought to be another matter entirely.

However, hypothetically speaking if I was an employer, I'd treat the said employee no different than any other trying to take the day off. If you don't show up at work without notice, I'll write you up regardless. Rules are rules. You're not going to get special treatment from anyone else because of your sexual preference. With the economy with way it is now, I'd imagine most of us would think twice before doing anything to jeopardize your own job.

ALTRNTV
12-09-2008, 11:37 PM
^ Imagine if you got preferential treatment for being a different sexual preference? Sign me up
as gay then, in that case.

1989rps13
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I wouldnt want to see children exposed to seeing two men make out in public or even hold hands. To me i feel as if its against the norms of society. Atleast keep it behind closed doors. Imagine they adopt a child damn how much ridicule that child is giong to go through at school

sillyvia13
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I wouldnt want to see children exposed to seeing two men make out in public or even hold hands. To me i feel as if its against the norms of society. Atleast keep it behind closed doors. Imagine they adopt a child damn how much ridicule that child is giong to go through at school

Dude whats the diff? you ever go to a niker bar... the chics look like biker dudes. when they make out its just as bad... kissing should be done alone not in public. esp if deep throat action occurs.

as for school and teasing, no matter what they are gonna be teased.. I was a poor kid , welfare child. I had 2 pairs of pants both black both had rips in knees, BUT 1 rip was on left knee and other pants right knee was rip. I got teased because I wore same pants all year long. Not that I did but it happened. Kids and adults are mean. look here on Zilvia. Its hard to show love than it is to show hate.

Love = weak
Hate = strong

people cant be known as "weak"
Love you all! FUCKAhs!

jdm538
12-10-2008, 12:07 AM
i thought this would be a legit way of getting off work tomorrow but i guess its not so no snowboarding for me owells...

wow this gay thing is getting out of hand. i hope people get smart about this and just go to work and not risk losing their job. i wonder if they will skip an episode of queer eye for the straight guy. thats my show YO!

errolorion
12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
This is america

you should be able to take a day off without anyone giving a shit

1989rps13
12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
[quote=sillyvia13;2499303]Dude whats the diff? you ever go to a niker bar... the chics look like biker dudes. when they make out its just as bad... kissing should be done alone not in public. esp if deep throat action occurs.

as for school and teasing, no matter what they are gonna be teased.. I was a poor kid , welfare child. I had 2 pairs of pants both black both had rips in knees, BUT 1 rip was on left knee and other pants right knee was rip. I got teased because I wore same pants all year long. Not that I did but it happened. Kids and adults are mean. look here on Zilvia. Its hard to show love than it is to show hate.

Love = weak
Hate = strong

people cant be known as "weak"

I know what you mean man. It is wrong because it violates their rights to choose whoever they want to marry. Its discriminatory but to me it would just seem wrong like i said. This is just my opinion. Prop 8 was a head breaker cause at first i was no on 8 then i went to yes on 8 because basiclly i thought about how many people will be affected. I dunno. Gay and lesbians have the right to marry whoever they want. They are just like everybody else but i still pretty iffy bout the situation. :wiggle:

Now i think people should still go to work it would be sad to risk losing their jobs in this economy:Owned:

BOROSUN
12-10-2008, 01:56 AM
http://cache.thephoenix.com/secure/uploadedImages/The_Phoenix/News/News_Stories/TJI_NOGAYDAY.jpg

adrians_s13
12-10-2008, 02:28 AM
I work in healthcare... and about 80-90% of my male coworkers (nurses and social workers, hey even chaplains!) are gay.

Looks like its just gonna be me and the females at work tomorrow, lol.

btw, I too hope they get what they want.

Bubbles
12-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Ugh, now I have to wait until Thursday to get my nails done.

I'm going to have some extra time tomorrow.................just throwing it out there.

smellslikecurry
12-10-2008, 03:03 AM
At least you'll know which coworkers you need to watch your butthole around.

ESmorz
12-10-2008, 03:45 AM
A gay off?

Man, my dance recital is going to be patchy at best then.

http://zilvia.net/f/avatars/bubbles.gif?dateline=1209432782

Bubbles
12-10-2008, 03:47 AM
P whore.

You figure out what the p stands for.

ESmorz
12-10-2008, 03:55 AM
Pregnant?

Poignant?

Personafied?

Peachy?

PaRappa the Rappa?

sillyvia13
12-10-2008, 04:01 AM
I say we take a day off of work cause its gay to work so fucking much...
In france they take 4 months vacation.

any one here do that?
Bubbles enjoy your day sweety! make it a FABULOUS! day!

Bubbles
12-10-2008, 04:06 AM
You still coming over?

sillyvia13
12-10-2008, 04:18 AM
You still coming over?
for sure, we can get our 10 hours of rest in... we dont wanna get to cranky!

Koopa Troopa
12-10-2008, 06:07 AM
I say we take a day off of work cause its gay to work so fucking much...
In france they take 4 months vacation.

any one here do that?
Bubbles enjoy your day sweety! make it a FABULOUS! day!

I've got like 80 some days of vacation I need to use. I'm just too lazy to use them. I don't know what the fuck I'd do with that much time on my hands.. :2f2f:

LeftNutOfGowd
12-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Sweet now everyone will know who the ghey people are at there work :ddog:

ThatGuy
12-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Shouldn't all you guys be at work instead of posting on Zilvia?

Oh wait, you off work right now, and it's... ohhhhhhh, nevermind. :ghey:

I'm posting this from my office, BTW. You don't get to turn the joke back around on me. :keke:

LeftNutOfGowd
12-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Im at my work as well I work from 430am to 1pm pacific time

Phlip
12-10-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm working as well.
The girl everyone hates is not here, but took off.

murda-c
12-10-2008, 08:10 AM
I called my boss when i was on the way to work this morning and said i wasn't coming in because he's gay.

Then i told him i was actually stuck in traffic, and we LOLed.