PDA

View Full Version : suspension woes

Slideshow801
12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
so is open diff really that horrible in snowy conditons/wet conditons?

Earlier tonight i was driving and the car was swinging violently. it seems to swing from the rear. i thought i was gonna lose control. on some lil turns with out pushin the gas (automatic trans) the car just slid into a powerslide. as if the diff was welded but it clearly is not.

before the car handled fine when i had it lowered only in the front. but i put some lowering springs in the back and it swang violetnly. On saturday i put on bigger tires in the back and the swinging wasn't as bad no more. but now its back. weeks ago i had the car checked out from under at my work and they said everything seemed bolted down right. i have no clue why its doing this. any ideas? this sucks its suppose to be the winter car but so far seems its not doing to good :frown:

stealthsr20
12-08-2008, 11:14 PM
just go with it and gas it! consider it drift practice:fawkd:
Do you have vlsd diff? When you are on the gas does it try and oversteer?
btw, what kind of springs?
Probably not the best winter car i've ever driven... rear wheel drive with and anti'squat suspension and all
What are your tires like as far as tread depth and wet weather traction

Slideshow801
12-08-2008, 11:43 PM
haha. no its s stock car. open diff.

when i barely give it gas it oversteers. my other sr20 240 needs to more throttle to get it to spin haha. and that car does well in the snow.

springs i don't know. i thinck eibach. i think a shock is blown would that be a problem?

projectRDM
12-10-2008, 09:56 AM
A blown shock would definitely affect the handling.

5t341tH
12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
check all bushings/suspension components. seems like something is damaged or worn. it shouldnt be that squirrely in the wet