Bbandit
02-10-2003, 07:58 PM
this game rocks!!
GT3 is still better but hey.. its a cool racing game
cmon d/l it
see you on the track :D http://live4speed.robust.net/

96SEChick
02-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Haha. Chris has the latest version of that game, too. He's even installed the turbo mod for the Golf HB. He's been playing w/ drifting w/ the Conquest/Starion the past couple of nights--just something different to try out while playing w/ the car setups, and he's having a blast.

Both of us have steering wheels, too--makes it so much more fun. They're not very expensive to buy anymore--we got our first Thrustmaster Pro Digital 2 for $69.99 a year ago, and got the last one for $59.99 last month. If you don't have a steering wheel--go get one!! We've found that between the Logitech, Microsoft, and Thrustmaster--the best one is the Thrustmaster. Very sturdy, responsive, and will take a lot more beating than the other 2--and Thrustmaster is usually cheaper than the other two.

A few more awesome racing games, unfortunately not downloadable--have to buy them, are:

Grand Prix Legends
F1 2002

Both of these games are hard as hell to learn how to control the cars. It's amazing how real the physics have become in the new PC racing games. I still remember having Pole Position on my Atari 2600! (actually, I still have the Atari AND Pole Position at my parents' house :rolleyes: )

DSC
02-10-2003, 09:03 PM
sports car gt :) is what i'm still playin

Gona have to get a wheel and some new games one of these days.
liveforspeed sucks on a keyboard but seems pretty damn cool, will play it again when i get a wheel.

Bbandit
02-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by DSC
sports car gt :) is what i'm still playin

Gona have to get a wheel and some new games one of these days.
liveforspeed sucks on a keyboard but seems pretty damn cool, will play it again when i get a wheel.

which one do you think is better? sports car gt or GT3??
im thinking of getting an Xbox too coz i've heard how good sports car gt is..

96SEChick
02-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
which one do you think is better? sports car gt or GT3??
im thinking of getting an Xbox too coz i've heard how good sports car gt is..

They make Sports Car GT for PC, too. We have that one somewhere. It's pretty cool--pretty graphics intensive, but not as realistic as Grand Prix Legends or F1 2002. GPL is a processor hog, but that one has the FULL ORIGINAL Nurburgring!! Over 100 turns! Sweet!! :D

moose
02-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
this game rocks!!
GT3 is still better but hey.. its a cool racing game
cmon d/l it
see you on the track :D http://live4speed.robust.net/
Why doesn't the link work????

MikeDeuce
02-12-2003, 11:23 AM
try http://www.liveforspeed.net/

(redirects to http://lfs.racesimcentral.com/ )

tnord
02-12-2003, 12:57 PM
SCGT is cool because you can download various tracks from around the country and add them into the game. i think you can also add cars. this game is very popular with the Midwestern Council crowd in the offseason, as our main venue Blackhawk Farms is one of the tracks you can add.

moose
02-12-2003, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't say this game is the best. I think it isn't really good. I only have the demo, and I really don't think it's that good. The tires smoke way to much, and what car is the hatchback? It looks like a Renault, but I don't know. If you want a good game try Pro Race Driver. There's a good game. Does anybody know where I can get the full version of LIVE FOR SPEED?

Bbandit
02-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by moose
I wouldn't say this game is the best. I think it isn't really good. I only have the demo, and I really don't think it's that good. The tires smoke way to much, and what car is the hatchback? It looks like a Renault, but I don't know. If you want a good game try Pro Race Driver. There's a good game. Does anybody know where I can get the full version of LIVE FOR SPEED?

LIVE FOR SPEED will come out in mid march
the demo version i/you are playing now is only the beta version
25% completed
they are going to work on the gameplay and the graphic details for the rest 75%
i know its not the best but i think this game is quite promising
besides the requirements is not that high..
plus! you can play online!!!
hahahahaha

im going to look at SCGT for PC... sounds interesting

playing this kind of game will help me increase my autoX skillzzzz
LMAO!!! riiight :p

DSC
02-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by tnord
SCGT is cool because you can download various tracks from around the country and add them into the game. i think you can also add cars. this game is very popular with the Midwestern Council crowd in the offseason, as our main venue Blackhawk Farms is one of the tracks you can add.

DUDE! Where can I get new tracks??!

I've been playing the same 10 tracks for 4 years, lol!

96SEChick
02-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DSC
DUDE! Where can I get new tracks??!

I've been playing the same 10 tracks for 4 years, lol!

go to www.bhmotorsports.com ( http://www.bhmotorsports.com/SCGT for Sports Car GT specifically). They have TONS of info on modding your current PC racing games

Bbandit
02-13-2003, 04:29 PM
any of you guys installed the game yet??
my screen name is bbandit and when i play.. i always create a zilvia room
password : bbandit

Sil1580
02-18-2003, 01:07 AM
just wait for auto modellista to come out for PS2 next month

AmherstSR20DET
02-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Sil1580
just wait for auto modellista to come out for PS2 next month

I'm actually beta-testing it right now and it looks really good. A little more emphasis on drift style racing. And the car selection is great: R34 Skyline, Silvia S13 K's, 240, 240Z... and the list goes on for other car makers as well. Very promising.

haah
02-18-2003, 03:19 AM
just wandering would it be possible that someone make an image file for the sport car gt game ?

tsunami0ne
08-30-2003, 12:25 AM
anybody else play Live for Speed? This game is almost as addictive as F355 Challenge. With the right settings, it feels pretty realistic and the unofficial mods for this game are fun to use(i have a jdm ricey looking sil80 with 25" advan RGs with 355/35/25 slicks that is running a V12 12.0L turbocharged engine making somehting like 1300hp :D oh and the engine is all the way in the rear so i can pop wheelies) I don't play online because my ping is too high so all I do is hotlap.

DRFT
08-30-2003, 02:50 AM
Thread is olf, please dont bring back dead threads

radhaz
08-30-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by DRFT
Thread is olf, please dont bring back dead threads

There's nothing in the rules of posting about bringing up old threads. I can see how bringing up old threads just to postwhore and say "LOL" or "yah me too" shouldn't be done; however, tsunami0ne added new information to the topic.

If tsunami0ne had started a new post then more than likely folks would say this is old news or repost.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would prefer folks search on topics before posting which is clearly what tsunami0ne did :bow: