PDA

View Full Version : anyone know about www.japanmotorimport.com ?

S13_drifter
12-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi guys, i'm new here and i'm from Florida. I own a S13 240sx. It is pretty tuned already but i am in the market for an RB25det skyline engine swap for my 240. I am building this car for drifting. i found these guys online and they seem to have a pretty good reputation on s-chassis.com. Before i actually purchase this swap i would like to know if anyone here has dealt with these guys and what are your opinions on them.

thanks for your time

-Jayson

aNskY
12-01-2008, 04:45 PM
i got two from them, first was a good motor, i dd'd it @10 lbs on stock turbo for 2 years then sold the car..

second was bad, it was filthy and wasnt long at all before it spun a bearing, although i was trying to run 50 trim @ 20lbs on a fresh street tune too so...

i would buy another from them if i didnt find a place closer that i can actually drive to in reasonable time

S13_drifter
12-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Cool thanks for the imput ... i've went a head and bouth the RB25det complete swap of them (Japan motor import). I'll keep you guys posted on what happends. They told me the engine supposed to arrive @ my house in 4 buisness days. They seemed to be pretty knowlegeable on Nissan swaps.

They seem way better then this other company my buddy dealth with called JDM-online.com or something like that, they where total :mrmeph:'s. They sold him a sr20det that had a spun rod bearing was knocking like hell, turbo was fried and wiring harness was cut when they said it was uncut and they never wanted to refund him!!!!!!

I hope shit like that dosent happen to me :S

aNskY
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Cool thanks for the imput ... i've went a head and bouth the RB25det complete swap of them (Japan motor import). I'll keep you guys posted on what happends. They told me the engine supposed to arrive @ my house in 4 buisness days. They seemed to be pretty knowlegeable on Nissan swaps.

They seem way better then this other company my buddy dealth with called JDM-online.com or something like that, they where total :mrmeph:'s. They sold him a sr20det that had a spun rod bearing was knocking like hell, turbo was fried and wiring harness was cut when they said it was uncut and they never wanted to refund him!!!!!!

I hope shit like that dosent happen to me :S

FYI Heavy Throttle got their sets from JMI ;)

S13_drifter
12-03-2008, 02:13 PM
FYI Heavy Throttle got their sets from JMI ;)

ohh nice if heavy throttle get's there sruff from JMI then i'm sure they have good stock :)

S13_drifter
12-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Well i finally got my motor, took only 4 buisness days just like they promissed!
The engine is in immaculate shape ... i rechecked the compression and it came out perfect 150 - 149 - 150- 152 ... everything is uncut. I'm extremely satisfied of the service and the product i have purchased from Japan Motor Import. They even took the time to send me pictures of the actual engine that i was going to purchase along with video of the compression test they did @ there shop.

Big props to www.japanmotorimport.com (http://www.japanmotorimport.com)

- I would encourage any of you guys to deal with them there a good reliable source from JDM nissan engines!

mr_240sx
12-05-2008, 08:54 AM
yes these guys are good! i got my s14sr there but actualy went in person to pick it out. good guys.!

Bushido
12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
how much was shipping from montreal?

S13_drifter
12-06-2008, 09:04 AM
how much was shipping from montreal?

they quoted me 360$ for shipping ... not so bad considering it's comming across the boarder and all.

S13_drifter
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Well guys engine is in the car ... all is A1 i'd like to recommend Japanmotorimport to anyone on this board. Good service, they actually know what they are selling + they have good engines ... well atleast mine was mint!

aNskY
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Well guys engine is in the car ... all is A1 i'd like to recommend Japanmotorimport to anyone on this board. Good service, they actually know what they are selling + they have good engines ... well atleast mine was mint!

+ they are one of, if not THE cheapest!

S13_drifter
12-08-2008, 09:57 PM
+ they are one of, if not THE cheapest!

not THE cheapest but in my opinion they have the best quality/price ratio out of many many places.

They even have engine mount kits in stock for S13 RB swaps. Also as far as i know there the only shop that gives away a free LSD when you buy and Sr20det or RB20det engine. It's listed in the included parts of both these swaps.

S13_drifter
12-10-2008, 09:41 AM
a buddy of mine just went ahead and bought a SR20det off Japan motor import today, i'll let you guys know how everything turns out!!!!!!

aNskY
12-11-2008, 08:23 AM
not THE cheapest but in my opinion they have the best quality/price ratio out of many many places.

They even have engine mount kits in stock for S13 RB swaps. Also as far as i know there the only shop that gives away a free LSD when you buy and Sr20det or RB20det engine. It's listed in the included parts of both these swaps.

you got an lsd with yours?? that must be new, i never got one with either of mine.

S13_drifter
12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
you got an lsd with yours?? that must be new, i never got one with either of mine.

yes i did, they are offering free VLSD's with all there SR's and rb20-25's !!!!!

by far the best deal on the net that i have found ... plus there engines are clean

JohnJohn86
12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
wow, from thinking to get a swap to getting the engine in the car in a week? Post some pictures of the install and I will trust this is not an advertisment.

S13_drifter
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
wow, from thinking to get a swap to getting the engine in the car in a week? Post some pictures of the install and I will trust this is not an advertisment.

Here is a pic of my engine bay the day i finished the swap. The valve cover is now all polished, i now have an electric fan installed and a blitz BOV replacing the one in this pic + a KOYO radiator on the way :p .

if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

the engine had a timing belt change @ 88 000km's ... that is what is stated on the timing belt sticker on my valve cover.

I ordered the swap ... got it 4 days later ... took me 2 days and 1/2 to get it in the car ... so yeah about 1 week. But i was well prepared had my old engine out and was ready just to drop everything in as soon as i was going to receive it :)

- if that dosent satisfy you then i couldn't care less i'm very happy with what i got from Japan motor import. I'll post pics of my friends SR20det when that's done to ... he's supposed to receive it in 2 days from JMI !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/justincredible22/rb25.jpg