PDA

View Full Version : 2003 NBA All-star Game

moose
02-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Well the allstar game got underway tonight and it was good. Peja took the 3 point shootout and the dunk competition was OWNED in the last dunk by Jason Richardson. I mean did you see the elevation on this kid? Desmond Mason was good too, he had some pretty sick dunks. But Jason Richardson had the sickest dunk of them all, the between-your-legs-180-left-hand-throw-down. Holy crap, somebody call the doctor. Take his temperature!

Can't wait for the game, it'll be sweet. Can't wait to see my man Vince! :D

KiDyNomiTe
02-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Blah, TMac is the ****, loved his dunk last year, off the backboard during a game :D

The only thing I didn't like about today was that two returning champs one it, but they deserved it, would have rather seen Amari Stoudemire win though (juss cuz he is young), but Richardson deserved.

fastpace
02-08-2003, 09:42 PM
vince shouldn't play. Other than that the game should be good.

revat619
02-09-2003, 01:37 AM
no offense, but i dont think Yao Ming should play. I mean seriously, what has he accomplished to deserve to be called an all-star. Oh, and fastpace, you're right Vince Carter shouldnt play.

Kenyon Martin from the Nets and Elton Brand from the Clippers SHOULD be playing.

moose
02-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by fastpace
vince shouldn't play. Other than that the game should be good.
Vince Should play you losers. Just because he's been out doesn't mean he can't ragain his stature and play again. He's just picking up where he left off. HE DOESN'T PLAY ANY DIFFERENT COMING OFF OF INJURIES PEOPLE! HE'S STILL THE SAME VINCE WE SAW LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE. Come on, you guys are just losers, Vince will be amazing and I can't wait.

ca18guy
02-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by revat619
no offense, but i dont think Yao Ming should play. I mean seriously, what has he accomplished to deserve to be called an all-star.

Are you joking? Who do u think should take his all-star spot?

ca18guy
02-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by moose
Vince Should play you losers. Just because he's been out doesn't mean he can't ragain his stature and play again. He's just picking up where he left off. HE DOESN'T PLAY ANY DIFFERENT COMING OFF OF INJURIES PEOPLE! HE'S STILL THE SAME VINCE WE SAW LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE. Come on, you guys are just losers, Vince will be amazing and I can't wait.

Vince shouldn't be there just playing 15 games, there are more deserving Fowards then him and his numbers are not that great when he did play. The same vince we saw last year? I remember him coming back from injuries through out last season and breaking team chemistry and his team losing more with him then with out him. If I was Toronto I would be kicking myself for letting overacheiving T-Mac go and keeping the underachieving Carter.

KiDyNomiTe
02-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ca18guy
Are you joking? Who do u think should take his all-star spot?

Shaq, Yoa Ming isn't that great, he only seems better than Shaq becuase Shaq just had to make all these stupid little comments making thier first matchup so important, and Shaq did bad. On paper Shaq is better than Yao in every category. The only reason why Yao Ming made it is because people think Shaq is racist and nobody wanted to vote for him. Also, not to sound racist or anything, but China has really gotten into basketball and they are obviously going to vote for Yao over Shaq, I blame most of it on Shaq for not watching what he says, but I still think Shaq should start over him.

Although Yao should play but as a reserve, he has helped the Rockets out, but Steve Francis is still best person on the team, he is overlooked, which really sucks.

About Vince, he shouldn't play either, that is another flaw about fan voting, people vote for who they like, even if they haven't played a game. The decisions of who plays should be up to the coaches and players IMO, they know who is more deserving, fan voting should count for a very little portion, or the coaches and players pick out of the fan voting.

And one more thing why does everyone call him Yao Ming, when his name is Ming Yao?

Cliff Notes: Fan Voting sucks, Shaq is better than Ming Yao \\

moose
02-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
Shaq, Yoa Ming isn't that great, he only seems better than Shaq becuase Shaq just had to make all these stupid little comments making thier first matchup so important, and Shaq did bad. On paper Shaq is better than Yao in every category. The only reason why Yao Ming made it is because people think Shaq is racist and nobody wanted to vote for him. Also, not to sound racist or anything, but China has really gotten into basketball and they are obviously going to vote for Yao over Shaq, I blame most of it on Shaq for not watching what he says, but I still think Shaq should start over him.

Although Yao should play but as a reserve, he has helped the Rockets out, but Steve Francis is still best person on the team, he is overlooked, which really sucks.

About Vince, he shouldn't play either, that is another flaw about fan voting, people vote for who they like, even if they haven't played a game. The decisions of who plays should be up to the coaches and players IMO, they know who is more deserving, fan voting should count for a very little portion, or the coaches and players pick out of the fan voting.

And one more thing why does everyone call him Yao Ming, when his name is Ming Yao?

First of all, a player does not have to regain his stature if he's been out for awhile. Check this, what about Jordan? He's done practically nothing this year, and he's in the allstar game, just because of STATURE. It's stature people that get's you in. Jordan could do jack all year and still be in. It's all about where you are on the totem pole. What about Kobe? His team isn't doing very well, but guess what?!?! He's there.

So it's really all about stature and if you're good, you'll always be good.

Also there has really been nobody that is a big surprise. No really good 3rd year players, and well there you go.

Vince deserves to be in the All Star Game, and he always will be.

ca18guy
02-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe

Shaq is at the all-star game, Vince shouldn't be there at all IMHO.

Moose: Jordan has as good as numbers if not better then Carter and he actually played more then 15 games!

KiDyNomiTe
02-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by moose
First of all, a player does not have to regain his stature if he's been out for awhile. Check this, what about Jordan? He's done practically nothing this year, and he's in the allstar game, just because of STATURE. It's stature people that get's you in. Jordan could do jack all year and still be in. It's all about where you are on the totem pole. What about Kobe? His team isn't doing very well, but guess what?!?! He's there.

So it's really all about stature and if you're good, you'll always be good.

Also there has really been nobody that is a big surprise. No really good 3rd year players, and well there you go.

Vince deserves to be in the All Star Game, and he always will be.

The whole stature thing is something that stands out in fans, that is why i hate fan voting, if magic johnson played and scored 10ppg he would make the all star team, which is bs. The coaches and players know who deserve it.

The whole Jordan thing is a different situation, Jordan is still good, and he IS the best player of all time, although his time is up, he has really turned his team around

KiDyNomiTe
02-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Everything I wanted to happen, jappened.

Yao Ming didn't play much, Jordan started, T-Mac did pretty good, Iverson showed us what he is made of, and Carter didn't play much.

Isiah Thomas is the man, :D showed those players whos boss (i.e. Paul Pierce, and Walker), talk about a lack of minutes in those players.

This game could have used some more flash though.