PDA

View Full Version : S13 ride height q, anyone want to quickly measure something for me?

tastyratz
11-29-2008, 11:15 AM
I was hoping a fellow zilvian might do me a quick favor

I want to see what stock ride height with car at rest to compare to my s13.

Can someone measure the ground clearance on their car? Gotta be from a fixed chassis point such as the front crossmember bolt heads to floor, and on the rear from the center of the diff bolts to floor, or from the subframe bolt flats. Where-ever you choose just let me know.

Those area's should be more reliable than bodywork (which I have no stock of anyways) since its not thin sheetmetal that will flex over time/after fender benders known or unknown.

MOST IMPORTANT PART is its on an equally flat surface - I.E. your driveway wont be suitable but a garage or shop floor will.

If I could get more than 1 car that would be ideal as well too because some cars have more spring sag than others.

Thanks!!

initial D
11-29-2008, 11:32 AM
is this just to see how much of a drop you have??

tastyratz
11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
yea.
backfill: I dropped my car hard on coilovers when I first got them. I have no idea how much lower the car is compared to stock. Car is WAY too low now and I wanna bring it up. Coils are frozen in place and raising on them is not an option. I am looking at replacing them with a cheaper fixed height spring combo but I want something to compare to.

initial D
11-29-2008, 11:48 AM
did you try some PB blaster and taking a flat head and hammer to them?

Z33dori
11-29-2008, 12:02 PM
i'm lost..

what do you mean the coils are stuck... did you unbolt them and turn them.... lke above pb blaster, screwdriver, and hammer will work wonders

tastyratz
11-29-2008, 04:25 PM
heh unfortunantely there's a reason that part was left out in the first post.
There's no hope to get these to change height. PB blaster, sledge hammer, vise... pnumatic tools and even back to the manufacturer to get them apart - these are never moving again. coilovers with steel threading and chromed steel flange mounts should never be driven in the snow - even if its only 2 months of snow. My own fault but now I want to do something about it.

tastyratz
09-22-2009, 06:54 AM
regurgitating petrified post from the dead for my own knowledge.

Who has a stock height s13 who can just measure ground clearance from a fixed chassis point front and rear for me?
30 seconds to do and I love you long time.