PDA

View Full Version : what u hate about ur 240

SilviaDriver
02-08-2003, 03:17 PM
list what chassis u have and what you hate about it and y

S14

- Trunk space: so damn small, i could barely fit my sub box in there!!

- Rear seat: the rear seats for the s14 is a joke. you cant fit anybody back there.

thats pretty much it for now

Bbandit
02-08-2003, 03:21 PM
s13 coupe

rear seat - might as well be a two seater instead a 4 seater, the rear seat is just there for the formallity, cant fit anybody back there..

shifting - stock shift = not firm at all/will change it later with short shifter

other than those.. im happy

:D

AKADriver
02-08-2003, 03:55 PM
the sunroof and the rusty hatch.
both rattle like crazy and leak.

Dark
02-08-2003, 04:35 PM
my front seats are old and saggy and I don't want to spend 800 dollars on a good pair of seats

93 hb

KiDyNomiTe
02-08-2003, 05:28 PM
the fact that i dont have one :(

tnord
02-08-2003, 06:34 PM
you don't like the trunk because you can't fit your sub box in it??? :rolleyes:

i hear the ford taurus has lots of trunk space

i hate the engine.......other than that, i have no major problems with the car.

96SEChick
02-08-2003, 06:52 PM
'96 S14

I can't say that I hate anything about the car. I do dislike the 155bhp engine. But I bought it knowing about it, so I can't complain too much. It's also something that I can change about the car :cool:

I also dislike the fact that the power sunroof takes up so much headroom. That's one of the 2 reasons my bf wants me to sell it & get either a Z32 or AWD turbo Eclipse (the other of the 2 reasons is the lack of power). But, I wouldn't have bought my car w/o the sunroof & I would have regretted it if I did. I use it a lot more than I thought I would.

I also wish she came with LSD & ABS (especially the LSD) as standard equipment on all S14's. But I guess Nissan made some extra money having it an additional option.

But, both of the dislikes came w/ the excellence of the car. The way my car runs & handles & looks & feels cancels those three out pretty well.

kurissuS13
02-08-2003, 07:22 PM
S13 HB

timing chain(?) rattle - i don't kno whur it's comin from, but it's pi$$in me off! makes my stock exhaust sound like a fart can.

space - this car was made with a small ppl in mind. i'm 6'1" and i can barely fit. it's a 4 seater, but those 4 ppl hafta be 5'9 and under.

headlights - couldn't they have made the visibility a little better?

masta
02-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
the fact that i dont have one :( Same here!

Tnord: ROFLMAO! :D

Natty
02-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by AKADriver
the sunroof and the rusty hatch.
both rattle like crazy and leak.
I second those. I tried to "tension" the sunroof and only made it worse by breaking the plastic latch.

I have a 1991 Fastback LE 5 speed.

I hate my old synchros.
I hate my power windows and locks.
I hate my rattles.
I hate my leather.
I really hate the previous owners for smoking in it. They hot boxed the **** out of it and it smells really bad. They kept it in decent condition though.

I think that's it.

Jeff

toddnappi
02-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I love my car. There's not too much I dislike. I love the engine. I don't know why people rag on it so much. When will you all be satisified with horsepower!! When you accept your car for what it is, driving becomes a lot more fun.

On the other hand, I hate how it gets lousy gas milage for a 4cyl. I hate how the car is coming into fashion with the wrong crowd, but it never seems to attract any attention.

dave2u
02-08-2003, 08:57 PM
hate the way it rattles on tickover . Hate the little cabin rattles here and there. Hate the fuel consumtion now i have some mods on it. Hate the way my windscreen keeps gettin like a greasy film on it makin it a nightmare in the dark when its raining. Can barely see out of it.

dave

whateverjames
02-08-2003, 09:57 PM
gearing, syncros, lack of high end power. that would be all. seats are fine with me.

elevator
02-08-2003, 10:03 PM
RPS13 Sileighty

There is NOTHING I hate about it.

I took the back seat out. Installed a roll cage. The back seat was worthless anyway.

fastpace
02-08-2003, 10:19 PM
the open differential, which I don't have to worry about that anymore. And it is so hard to reach to change certain parts.

elevator
02-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by fastpace
And it is so hard to reach to change certain parts.
Yeah, it is a bit cramped under the hood. No room to work.

SaintlyCharBoy
02-08-2003, 11:35 PM
s14

i hate:

my transmission
open dif
aftermarket sunrof
the fact that i spent 6+ months without a car searching for an s14, and this was the only one within 150 miles under 7k

SilviaDriver
02-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by tnord

got them for free, might as well put some use to them rather than take up space

DSC
02-09-2003, 12:32 AM
I'm pretty happy with trunk space, tho the trunk 'entrance' area could have been a bit larger.

I hate the transmission and engine :mad:

Other than that the car is great.

SimpleS14
02-09-2003, 01:02 AM
S14

*engine and automatic transmission

*no cup holders

*rattles and/or squeaks from a-pillar, c-pillar and trunk

*steering wheel

saga240
02-09-2003, 01:22 AM
rattles rattles rattles..

i dont like the "bump" in the trunk..

the fact that i broke my headlamp clips..

squeaks.. squeaks..

REALLY bumpy ride over some surfaces.. heh..

but i love my car

Kreator
02-09-2003, 01:24 AM
The ****ing 150 psi compression, getting fixed this summer though hopefully.... other than that, nothing else really....

s14 RL
02-09-2003, 03:11 AM
-The location of the oil filter

-frameless windows

-stupid recommended jackstand locations with a lip that I dont want to squish

Never did find a need for a backseat, cupholders, or trunk space

96SEChick
02-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by GT specR
no cup holders

AMEN!! It's so embarassing when I pick up fast-food on the way home and I always have to get one of those radioactive/nuclear/recycled paper drink carriers for 2 drinks! The girls at the window always look at me a bit weird. I just say--it's one of the few inconvenieces of owning a sports car. :D

Originally posted by s14 RL
The location of the oil filter

ARGGG--I get to deal with this every 3-4 months. Getting it out isn't that bad, but trying to get the new one in is awful! You can't see shiit to get the threads started (unless there's a trick I haven't found yet--I change my oil filter from the top)

toddnappi
02-09-2003, 09:54 AM
I can't get the oil filter out in my sister's car (90 hatch). I crushed it. How am I supposed to get it out?

Steeles
02-09-2003, 11:41 AM
rattles and squeaks from various place, the busted wheel bearing the dents from the hood flying up the primered CF hood the blown shocks the stock ecu still sitting in there

HaLo
02-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by James
S13:
ding dong ding dong
(If you have a S13 you know what I'm talking about! please don't think I'm weird....)

Oh man, that DOES get on my nerves...

DuffMan
02-09-2003, 01:44 PM
S13 - car in general:

Shifter is vauge, transmission is notchy to begin with and gets worse as the syncros go. A b&M fixed a lot of this though.

General lack of room for my large feet. Heel toe is difficult.

Seats aren't very comfortable

Automatic seat belts.

My car in particular:

Sunroof howls like a possesed dog.

Rear defroster doesn't work and cannot be reapaired.

-E-
02-09-2003, 02:01 PM
the Oil filter, seats and that rattle noise that GT specR described, ahh who need a cup holder when you can use the passenger :D O well I still love my 240

HippoSleek
02-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Rear subframe bushings being worn. damb those things drive me nuts!

Otherwise, I've got no build quality issues and only myself to blame for the worn suspension and lack of lsd.

xS1LV1Ax
02-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Pretty much just the rattling.....and the fact that i have HUBCAPS...damn the base model!!!

goodjuan
02-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Isn't there a easy way to get rid of the door chime? IIRC

AKADriver
02-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I love the door chime, heh.

ca18guy
02-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Hmmm I don't have the dingdong sound when my door is open. I hate that my drivers side door window will not work! This is not the first Nissan I owned with this problem :mad: Besides that I have a tiny annoying sqeek in the dash. I don't care about the back seats cause I don't sit back there, but if I was keeping it I would tear them out. Great car after all those miniscule things.

ralphyboy
02-10-2003, 09:22 AM
S13:
ding dong ding dong
(If you have a S13 you know what I'm talking about! please don't think I'm weird....)

no shlt, I used to have nitemares the were less annoying. That being said, the fact that I don't have one now is at tops of my list too!

Dousan_PG
02-10-2003, 09:44 AM
s13

gas tank opener level doesnt work
pos ka24de

AKADriver
02-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Trust me.. you guys have not heard an annoying door chime until you've owned a '93-'99 Golf or Jetta. It plays a little song... the same three notes in succession over and over again. It's also quite loud.

The S13's friendly bell is about the least offensive door chime I've ever encountered.

Ever heard an older American car's chime? It's a buzzer that sounds a bit like cicadas on a really hot day.

Either way, the door chime is supposed to be annoying.

direb0y
02-10-2003, 11:43 AM
open diff
useless rear seats
like DuffMan said, lack of room for large feet, I just sidestep...
wierd shaped wheel arches
the stock shifter, I got an OBX now that I'm perfectly happy w/

I don't mind not having cupholders, keeps people from eating in my car :D

Natty
02-10-2003, 01:25 PM
One more :D

No matter how I adjust the steering wheel, I have a very hard time heel toeing. I am 6'2", mostly leg and I have size 12 feet.
The pedal spacing is not for me. :(

Jeff

JDM180SX
02-10-2003, 10:38 PM
ding dong ding dong

Oh man, that DOES get on my nerves...

hee hee, i know all about that..but to make it worse...i installed a JDM guage cluster (so I dont have to have a ginormous tach) and it had the speed warning chime...its driving me nuts!!

Also,

no rear seat space
no cup holders (though I remove my ashtray and put it in there:D )
the interior lighting isnt that great. gets kinda dark in there.

whateverjames
02-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Ever heard an older American car's chime? It's a buzzer that sounds a bit like cicadas on a really hot day.

That sound is very unpleasant to the ears. I'm glad they don't use it anymore. :o

DuffMan
02-11-2003, 02:34 AM
What do you mean? You can repair the electrical grids with a $4 repair kit from auto stores. If you can use liquid paper to correct mistakes on paper then you can fix the rear defroster.

I've tested it with a multimeter, it's broken in about 1000 different places. In fact its not really broken, just fried. If you look close at it, you can see discoloration all over it. There is still 12v across one side to the other, but the middle is completely fubar.

How this could happen is beyond me completely. Even if i part of it was to fry, that would logicaly prevent the rest of the line from being damaged, but i have speckled points of damage all over the entire grid. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was involved in a fire at some point. It's very mysterious.

Yeah. I heard my friend's tempo do that, and I was like, dude, what the f is wrong with your car, lol.

vapor_skank
02-11-2003, 08:50 PM
KiDyNomiTe The fact I dont have one:(

Sh*t me too......

kandyflip445
02-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by tnord

i hear the ford taurus has lots of trunk space

i hate the engine.......other than that, i have no major problems with the car.

The Taurus does have a lot of space....I have one with a busted tranny....:mad: I hate Ford. I think the thing I hate most is the fact that I can't find one here that is a s13 FB manual in good condition. I'm starting to wonder if I should just buy an auto and swap a manual in.:rolleyes:

240 2NR
02-11-2003, 11:42 PM
OK, a few complaints I don't agree with...

The door chime. Sure it ain't cool, but I know I would have left my lights on more than once had it not been there. How often do you have the door open with the engine running?

Access, oil filter location...
Have you worked ona fwd car lately? Anything since the days of carbs? Personally, the 240 engine bay is one of the most accessible I've ever had to work in. Getting at the filter in my girlfriend's altima requires being under the car, and then some of the oil runs down your arm.

Fuel milage..
I have no problems though I know some KA's are very odd. Mine gets 28mpg like clockwork in the summer. Winter city driving falls offs pretty quick, but what car doesn't. Plus I think the KA REALLY likes cold air. It feels so much faster lately.

My complaints with my S13 fb...

The sqeaks and rattles. Not so bad in the summer, but the seals get really loud in the winter. Chicago roads, stiffer springs, and low profile tires don't help.

The lack of seal on the sunroof in cross winds. It doesn't leak, and is quiet on a calm day even at 100mph, but with a cross wind it howls over my stereo.

xhdriver
02-12-2003, 02:58 AM
i cant stand the auto seatbelts!

and the cracked-ass dash!

and a cup holder would be nice, but i just take out the ash tray and use the hole, it works pretty good if you shift slow.:D

syco3d
02-22-2003, 02:38 PM
S13 FB

THERE ARE NO CUPHOLDERS!!!

So that means that any1 who rides in my car is not under any circumstances allowed to bring in drinks that aren't sealable.

Other then that I love my car...too bad it's too big to curl up with at night.

madwilly240
02-23-2003, 10:59 AM
stab your oil filter with a screwdriver, and turn it off. make sure the screwdriver goes straight thru it, and out the other end.

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 01:44 PM
You CAN disconnect that, you know....

S13:
ding dong ding dong

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 01:45 PM
Not really.. IF you've worked on a Z32, THAT'S cramped. S13/S14s have TONS of room in the engine bay.

Originally posted by gladhatter
Yeah, it is a bit cramped under the hood. No room to work.

mrmephistopheles
02-24-2003, 01:51 PM
'91 fastback
Auto seatbelts (replaced with S14 belts)
frameless windows (just because they make breaking in easy)
the lack of a turbocharger
10,000 little nitpicky things i need to fix

'89 coupe
timing chain buzz (yaay SOHC)
auto seatbelts
auto tranny
auto cracked dash (ok, ok, no auto there.)
brown interior
f'ed up paint
doodoo brakes/tires

elevator
02-24-2003, 04:38 PM
#1... I have a hard time NOT speeding.
#2... Honduh divers envy me too much
#3... My son's is faster
#4... Chicks dig it too much and it irritates my wife
Other than that....no problemo!

Wei240
02-24-2003, 06:39 PM
s13 hatch,
Lousy front seats (especially for long distance driving).
Unusuable rear seats.
Rattles and squeaks.
General noisy interior (can't pinpoint sound, just loud everywhere).
Faded windshield/blinker switch.
No cupholders - got rid of ashtray to have one, at least I don't smoke.
Crappy hatch cover clip (those little plastic thing that connects to the car, way too flimsy).
Small interior.
Auto seatbelts.
Rearview mirror broke.
Great location for rear seatbelts (blocks rear side windows, good thing it's not there anymore).
Nerve-racking on rain/snow/icy roads...
115 speed limit.
CEL always on and off.
Synchro.
Cheesy stock stereo/speakers/amp.
Loose center console/armrest.
No handle to open trunk - hence lovely scratches on rear taillight.
Super heavy glass window trunk - great workout.
Sometimes vents smell like dead skunk after using A/C.
That's it for now, but damn I love my car...

jmillheiser
04-11-2003, 01:17 AM
my biggest complaint. i dont have one.

these all sound like typical 10+ year old car issues.

ive looked at several. i actaully found the front to be quite roomy for a small car (im 5'10" average build) the seats are way too narrow though. obviously designed for skinny ass japanese people.

rear hatch is fine if the struts are working.

dont most stock stereos suck (especially from 10+ years ago)

ive looked under the S13 hood. its not that hard to get to stuff. no harder than my 4WD S10.

the 5 speed shifter is good for the era (you need to remember when this car was built).

the only things i didn't like about the S13s ive looked at were the fact that they dont have a turbo (can be fixed) and the sucky steering wheel (i have a grant wheel that i can take off my S10 and put on an S13)

rash
04-11-2003, 02:11 PM
1.- auto tranny( scux)
2.- seats
3.- color(need to new paint job)

thats all.

Tuck&Poke
04-11-2003, 05:38 PM
the god damn power windows....everytime i raise em it feels like theyre gonna just fall down.... memories:( , ill find one soon...just takes time, and patience (which i have little of)

Apparition
04-11-2003, 09:09 PM
My toasted tranny, my power windows, my right blinker which intermittenly works. :confused:

wingsnthangs
04-12-2003, 12:54 AM
1991 S13 Fastback, stock

1. Backseat is ridculously cramped.
2. Sunroof noise at higher speeds.
3. No cup holders.
4. Stock leather seats are killer for the back.
5. Stock wheel gap is 4x4ish huge.
6. Stock spoiler is made of rubber foam, makes 8 holes in the trunk.
7. Rear wiper is screwed up (so i took it off)
8. Horn on steering wheel is huge (i accidentally honked at others during the first few weeks)
9. Rear speakers fart.
10. Antennae grinds.

Nevertheless, a very sexy car.

sanmiam
04-12-2003, 01:56 AM
- rear subframe clunking
- impossible to find 4-lug wheels with a decent offset/width
- height of stock shifter (fixed w/short shifter and a hack saw)
- soft stock suspention
- gas tank cover freezes shut in winter - had to ask people to hold the damn lever up while I pry it open at least a half dozen times this winter.
- all the stuff I have F'ed up while trying to "fix" it.
- looks of 95' front grill
- yellow headlight syndrom (fixed)
- HUGE dent from hit and run (bastard)

Thats about it, I'm sure I could come up with a much longer list if I spent more time. I have come to the realization from reading all people's complaints that the only reason we complain is because our cars can never be "perfect" they are all project cars, and therefore inherently have something wrong with them all the time.

Maeda
04-12-2003, 06:54 PM
S14 96 SE

#3- Spoiler Rattle!
The spoiler on the s14 is so damn heavy... and the LA roads dont agree with it...

#2- Zipties!
Everything in my car is held on temporarily with zipties.. you name it its been ziptied... so far the list goes... front bumper, fmic, alarm siren, maf...

and the #1 crappy thing about my car is... AUTO TRANNY!
even if i drop the resistor the thing shifts like... well an auto...
with an auto my amazing 10psi KAT is gonna run 14's! AMAZING!

AutoDestruct
04-12-2003, 10:43 PM
91 Hatch LE

1. The seats are too small and curved strangely.
2. The rear seats were worthless so I ripped them out, very simple and reversible.
3. The Hatch ways a Million pounds. I wish there was some way to lexan it. That would save some killer weight.
4. Of course the engine, But it's really not all that bad. just doesn't have the top end.
5. The Small brakes. (scary)
6. Water gets in at weird places.

and the king of them all.
7. I can pull my key out while car is still running. Ha hahaa.:mad:

But really its still by far my favorite car and it has also been the cheapest this far, So I have no real compliants. Beside the seats:D

thelinja
04-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by sanmiam

- gas tank cover freezes shut in winter - had to ask people to hold the damn lever up while I pry it open at least a half dozen times this winter.

Yeah, I had that same problem this past winter. What I did was just put two rubber bands on the tank cover so I could just pull it open. Another thing I don't like is the antenna. it makes my car look like an RC car from far away.:o

crypticfury85
05-13-2003, 08:50 PM
I HATE THE CUP HOLDER!!!

other than that im happy....

assmunke
05-13-2003, 10:08 PM
i love everything about my car- not many little things as the car is in fine shape. only thing that ****es me off is my AC needs a recharge (gotta find some r-12 or whataver that freon is) and the god damn rust on my hach under the spoiler and by the latch. nothing a little sandblasting and bondo wont fix tho.

twitchy
05-14-2003, 09:46 AM
my gripes:

sunroof is a decoration. Over 120 kms it howls and when its open it rattles over every bump

Mine has almost 150 kms on it and the shocks are toast. My dads old accord has 200 kms on it and still rides like a new car.

Hatchback road noise

My rear spoiler is made of some kind of foam which is warping

I like the engine, I think it could be a bit more powerful for its size tho.

Thats it!

PS whoever complained about no cupholder....take out the ashtray, it holds most smaller drinks.

s13er
05-14-2003, 11:37 PM
the fact that i dont have one...

SILV1A
06-16-2003, 01:56 AM
I hate that there's no real cup holders, my rear deck lid rattles, it doesn't have the ABS/LSD option, and its slower than my previous car ('97 Maxima). Other than that, I pretty much like my S14. I really wish it was faster though. No other complaints here.

-Ben

legendarysnail
06-16-2003, 04:04 AM
I guess I'm the only one who has factory cupholders in their S13? They are above the armrest pocket (it goes compartment, cupholders, then the lid).

What I hate about my '93 coupe...

- Power sunroof sliding visor is crap
- Drooping headliner
- Timing chain guide rattle
- F'ed up catalytic converter (major hasitation)
- F'ed up clutch (dickwad mechanic)
- Having to run on 93 gas
- Stock shifter is crap
- Old syncros
- Crappy headlights
- Clutch and brake pedals too close together (sometimes catch the edge of the brake and scare my passengers half to death when I'm shifting...)
- Automatic seat belts

Maeda
06-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by legendarysnail
- Stock shifter is crap

atleast you have a shifter... *snifle* my shifters got buttons on it >_<

method2833
06-16-2003, 01:10 PM
timing chain rattle

hatch noise

rear seat (for what?)

tranny synchros (grinds fourth under hard drivg)