PDA

View Full Version : Epic RickRoll

cgtdream
11-27-2008, 11:52 PM
For those of you who cared to watch the Macy's, Thanksgiving day parade, did you happen to notice the biggest rickroll evar :rofl:

Btw, if this belongs in the vid section, mods please lock ^_^

YouTube - MACY'S DAY PARADE BIGGEST RICK ROLL'D JOKE (first put on Youtube HIGH QUALITY) (http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfNgekJG4M)

GSXRJJordan
11-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Haha somebody actually told me about that. I love how the crowd cheers once they hear the song and can tell what it is.

... and how funny would it be to be Rick Astley, who suddenly has a tiny bit of a career again because the "internet" generation thought his song had more fail than any other...

hippo_chips
11-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Hahahahahahaha, I had the parade on in the background, and I heard the song. I was like, "NO WAY, WE JUST BEEN RICK ROLLED!"

touge monster
11-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Hahahahahahaha, I had the parade on in the background, and I heard the song. I was like, "NO WAY, WE JUST BEEN RICK ROLLED!"

yeah dude, the whole country was rick rolled. Epic.

*MILK*
11-28-2008, 02:17 AM
This was so funny. I saw this and was rofl and everyone in my family was like what's funny. I then spent the next 5min or so explaining and showing youtube videos, lol. I wonder who was behind it

Phlip
11-28-2008, 09:06 AM
I heard about it after the fact, I find it both ironic and FUCKING HILARIOUS that Rick Astley would be in on the joke in the first place.

98s14inaz
11-30-2008, 06:10 AM
I heard about it after the fact, I find it both ironic and FUCKING HILARIOUS that Rick Astley would be in on the joke in the first place.

He's going to milk this for all it's worth. Guys like Rick and Chuck Norris have the internet to thank for their extended career lives. No way either one of those guys should still be working otherwise. I lol'd.

ChiSleepyEyes
11-30-2008, 08:29 AM
truly epic, i cant believe they pulled that one off

bigOdom1
11-30-2008, 08:50 AM
i think if someone had sabotaged the float P.A. system to play that while it was supposed to be playing something else then it would be a rick roll. That was just a Rick Astley performance. now the mets having it as a choice for the seventh inning stretch that was voted in by a flood of internet votes as a joke, that was a rick roll.

Antihero983
11-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I <3 Rick Astley, he's never gonna give you up.

Matej
11-30-2008, 10:00 AM
I <3 Rick Astley, he's never gonna give you up.
http://pic.leech.it/images/bfd71218669981.jpg

somovr4
11-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Fuck rick astley and his whole existence. LOL.

mrmephistopheles
11-30-2008, 10:21 AM
The rickroll is no longer funny.

cc4usmc
11-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah I don't f-ing get it. Am I too young or something?

AFSil80
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
now the mets having it as a choice for the seventh inning stretch that was voted in by a flood of internet votes as a joke, that was a rick roll.

This man speaks the truth. THAT was the best rickroll ever.

zaneithan
11-30-2008, 03:43 PM
hurray for dead memes being beat to death even more

zaquanh
11-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Rickrolling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling)

origin_s135
11-30-2008, 04:29 PM
the one at the mets game was funnier.

alindeman1989
12-01-2008, 01:58 AM
fucking amazing.

LeftNutOfGowd
12-01-2008, 07:10 AM
WTF is the big deal with this guy I don't get it

SexPanda
12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
WTF is the big deal with this guy I don't get it

its the internet. Whats the big deal with 2 girls 1 cup, or anything for that matter?

People are just sheep. One person thinks 1 thing is funny, they get two people to think its funny, those two people get two other people... Et Cetera.

A question that shouldn't have to be asked is why when it pertains to the internet lol.:tardrim:

Blurryeyes
12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Fuck rick astley, I got my internet privileges revoked for two weeks at the office for setting Firefox to launch on startup with the rickroll on youtube as a start page on every computer on the office, apparently the IT guys didn't see the funny on that

LeftNutOfGowd
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
^^^Hahaha I would have found that funny..

On another forum had a link where once you click on it that guy video came out and it was almost impossible to close it since it keeped moving around the screen

allntrlundrgrnd
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
The rickroll is no longer funny.

i thought i was gonna be the only one to comment.

i think that was super lame. its not funny when they planned on it happening and people cheering for it.

its supposed to be unexpected and piss people off.

epic? epic fail.

theronin
12-01-2008, 03:29 PM
bunch of haters imo. most of you could only wish you could release a song that was popular a decade or 2 ago, only to have it become an internet joke, then to be on the MACY'S DAY THANKSGIVING PARADE which was televised... EVERYWHERE. props to him for embracing it and running with it. some of u guys hate so goddamned much.

Pank
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
i think if someone had sabotaged the float P.A. system to play that while it was supposed to be playing something else then it would be a rick roll. That was just a Rick Astley performance. now the mets having it as a choice for the seventh inning stretch that was voted in by a flood of internet votes as a joke, that was a rick roll.

no, that wasn't a rickroll either.

If you guys are going to jerk off to a 1+ year old meme, get it right.

this is a rickroll:

hey, have you seen the Fallout 3 nudity patch?
Yeah, all the girls are naked for some reason, its really weird.
heres a video:
Fallout 3 Nude Patch - Youtube. Broadcast Yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI)

You have to trick someone into thinking its something else, then when they get excited to look at it, its just lil old ricky.

plus, duckroll was way better in the first place