PDA

View Full Version : s14 pass. airbag removal

iloveturbos
11-27-2008, 07:44 PM
how the hell does this come out ..looked under 4 bolts and cant find them lol airbag is blown so i peeled the top to revel bolts that i really cant get too ..any info on where the bolts are would be great thanks alot

projectRDM
11-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Take the dash out first genius.

Then the bag comes out.

DALAZ_68
11-28-2008, 05:17 PM
if ur replacing the unit ur gonna need a special star key that has a center indentation

projectRDM
11-29-2008, 09:23 AM
if ur replacing the unit ur gonna need a special star key that has a center indentation

Or a pair of vice grips.

iloveturbos
11-30-2008, 06:15 AM
yeah i thought that the dash needed too come out but i was hoping it did not but all well ..next air bag i put in is not gettin hooked up lol ..

projectRDM
11-30-2008, 09:18 AM
yeah i thought that the dash needed too come out but i was hoping it did not but all well ..next air bag i put in is not gettin hooked up lol ..

If you're not hooking it up, why put it in at all?

DALAZ_68
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Or a pair of vice grips.
true....but the key works so much easier...

If you're not hooking it up, why put it in at all?

seriously...whats the fucken point if its not even goin to be hooked up, ar eu cryin due to the engine light on, i think theres a way to loop the signal on that

projectRDM
12-01-2008, 12:22 PM
true....but the key works so much easier...

If you have it, yes. Before they were mainstream Snap-On was the only retailer to carry the socket. It was $64. This was of course in 1995.

seriously...whats the fucken point if its not even goin to be hooked up, ar eu cryin due to the engine light on, i think theres a way to loop the signal on that

No engine light, only the airbag light, which is easily removed.

mothon
12-02-2008, 12:50 AM
I believe the proper name for the tool is tamper proof torx bit or tamper proof star bit, you can buy a set at autozone for 10 bucks.