PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem need help

Nick 240
11-25-2008, 08:43 PM
alright guys i got a problem. my clutch pedal has way too much play in it.i adjusted the pedal to where it's supposed to be so i don't why it would have so much play? oh and another question i'm getting air into my hydraulic lines of the clutch so its hard to put the car in gear. i almost have to force the gears in. i bled the system before and i replaced the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder. also my input shaft bearing is grinding so i don't know if that would effect any of the problems above.
i appreciate the help.

Ghost05
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
did you bench bleed your master cylinder befor you installed it? and did you torque down the hard lines to the hoses? also did you already remove your clutch dampener box?

dkwasherexd
12-01-2008, 12:57 PM
If you have bleed your hydrolics, and replaced the cylinder,then your hydrolics should be good.Unless your clutch lines are leaking.

Check your clutch fork and pivotball , sometimes the pivot ball snaps making your clutch fork go out of place. Go under your car, and look into the tranny from where the hydrolic rod goes to the shift fork, remove the rubber sleeve and check if your clutch fork is in place, and not wobbling out of place, If it is it might be your pivotball.. You can get a replacement at nissan dealer. Get a new spring while your at it..