PDA

View Full Version : Kanye's new album anyone?

theronin
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Well i never really listened to much kanye before. however i acquired the cd on a recommendation from a good friend of mine, and needless to say i was very impressed. Very haunting and powerful in my opinion.

what do you all think about it?

love this song, i can relate very well to it also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWzlD7Lc6w8

I10cruiser
11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
which? graduation?

junn
11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
seems alot more different than his other tracks.......kinda seems like his getting into the dance scene now....just hope he doesnt take credit for it

n240sxfnatic
11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Kanye is such a little bitch

Sean P.
11-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Melodies shit, some if it is insane, most is whack

Robocop is truth though.

theronin
11-24-2008, 10:27 PM
808's and Heartbreaks

its a concept album imo.

some bitch seriously screwed him over.

!Zar!
11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
It's cool.

I listened through it a few times.

Much different than his other works.

origin_s135
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
the album is OKAY, i expected more out of it. i see that he sampled "fears for tears - memories fade" for his "coldest winter" song; sounds like the same shit to me though.

SHIFT_*grind*
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Kanye is such a little bitch

For real. "I'm the '#1 human being in music,' yet I'm putting out an album done almost entirely in Auto Tune."

!Zar!
11-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Makes you wonder where music would be if Tpain didn't bring back the vocoder.

anthony240
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
tears for fears...
heartless is all over the radio, even more so then love lockdown.
not as good as his other albums.
but this pretty much sums up what he went through this year:
lost mom and broke up with fiance

treken2t87
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
When I first got the album and played the songs, I was disappointed.

Then..I actually listened to each song, and it's pretty good I gotta say...but it's gotta be because I can relate to almost everything...
[I just lost a family member and broke up w/ a girl after 3 years]

J-Team
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
YouTube - Catering & Preparing an Italian Meal : Peeling Lemons For Italian Meals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5c88qMLoZQ)

kayne da best yeeaa sick song

rainier
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
i dont like listening to the album.
kanye has some good lyrics, but i just HATE that voice shit.
i hate it. heartless is alright though.
but i cannot stand love lockdown. thats the whackest sounding song i've heard.

btw, i'm a big fan of kanye so not really hating

origin_s135
11-24-2008, 11:05 PM
seriously, what the hell does peeling lemons have to do with this topic?

JeremyR
11-24-2008, 11:13 PM
glad to see a hip hop artist doing something out of the norm.

just wish others would give it a try.

the albums decent. you have to listen to it not expecting a hip hop album.

i see it more as an electronica album. circa 1997.

rainier
11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
yeah, its different, i just dont enjoy the sound of it you know?

and i thought his album would of came out "harder" since all that stuff that happened since his last album

braingone
11-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Wait...who?

victorw210
11-24-2008, 11:57 PM
i love the new cd

rainier
11-25-2008, 12:09 AM
besides his music, do you guys like his personality?

i think hes getting really really really big headed. way big headed.
it'd be better if he just didnt do interviews.

Vision Garage
11-25-2008, 12:13 AM
He's the Jesus of Music.

Big Headed Egotistical Asshat.

I Fucking HATE how everyone is using a fucking vocoder now.

Originality much?

-Soooshi

SimpleSexy180
11-25-2008, 12:29 AM
meh.

i'm more impressed with the ludacris album.

carlosncdi
11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
got it earlier today and it different but i seem to like it more every time i listen to it.

!Zar!
11-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I've been listening to the Luda, Slim, Tpain and, Kanye cd.

They all get better the more you listen to them.

And of course, lil wayne's new mix tape.

holla!

derek king
11-25-2008, 12:52 AM
kanye is running the show. talks about real shit, some people like rap that talks about joking around and funny shit like luda which i do enjoy sometimes as well.

but the kanye i can relate to almost all of it.

cgtdream
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Well i never really listened to much kanye before. however i acquired the cd on a recommendation from a good friend of mine, and needless to say i was very impressed. Very haunting and powerful in my opinion.

what do you all think about it?

love this song, i can relate very well to it also.

YouTube - Kanye West - Heartless (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWzlD7Lc6w8)

What song is that you speak of man...cant link to it from where im at? Anywho, i listened to the little samples of his album on amazon, and alot of them were pretty good....might have to acutually buy this!!!

Jordn
11-25-2008, 02:19 AM
I ordered this yesterday, been told not to expect a hip-hop album.

Saw him perform in Birmingham, UK last week and I have to say, whatever your opinion of him, he is one hell of a showman. Muscially it wasn't the best gig I'd been to be in terms of the SHOW, wow.

Phlip
11-25-2008, 04:19 AM
I have said it before, I have been completely on the hook for Kanye's prior work, I was a fan...
This shit, though?
HEEEEEELLLLLLL NO!!!

If I wanted a fucking T-Pain album , I would listen to a fucking T-Pain album. The beats, as usual, are good, but the lyrics are not so much so and have been on a decline this ENTIRE year so far on everything he has been on. It seems that he had given some reason to be a little full of himself based upon his first work, but went too fucking far with this one.
I am all for artistic growth, but presenting an entire album in autotune is NOT that. I was more than fine with autotune when it was the industry's ugly little secret, allowing us to not know that pretty girl's couldn't actually sing worth a shit (yes, I am talking about Aaliyah). BAM! Cher makes "Believe" with up front and unfiltered autotune, and it is back in the forefront. T-Pain latches on to it and now EVERYONE has to have it.

... I am not pleased and this will be the first Kanye West album that I REFUSE to buy.

Quail
11-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Although I can see his major flaws, I did enjoy his prior albums, so I think I'll give this one a try. You can definitely hear hes been inspired by a lot of Electro recently. And yes, Vocoders are getting very tiresome.

Bobafreak
11-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Im downloading the cd on itunes now i thought the album was out later. will review later.

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 06:33 AM
I have said it before, I have been completely on the hook for Kanye's prior work, I was a fan...
This shit, though?
HEEEEEELLLLLLL NO!!!

If I wanted a fucking T-Pain album , I would listen to a fucking T-Pain album. The beats, as usual, are good, but the lyrics are not so much so and have been on a decline this ENTIRE year so far on everything he has been on. It seems that he had given some reason to be a little full of himself based upon his first work, but went too fucking far with this one.
I am all for artistic growth, but presenting an entire album in autotune is NOT that. I was more than fine with autotune when it was the industry's ugly little secret, allowing us to not know that pretty girl's couldn't actually sing worth a shit (yes, I am talking about Aaliyah). BAM! Cher makes "Believe" with up front and unfiltered autotune, and it is back in the forefront. T-Pain latches on to it and now EVERYONE has to have it.

... I am not pleased and this will be the first Kanye West album that I REFUSE to buy.

This was my view up until I actually listened to the album.

But I'm a fan. Yea it sounds T-Pain-ish but, it's not T-Pain. It's a dude with some serious heart, feeling, and someone with a lot of darkness consuming them. The album is so insecure from the lyrics downt ot the fact he used Auto-tune in the first place.

On top of it, the 808's just tug at my heartstrings.

I actually like this album more then his second album.

stiizy
11-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Haven't heard it yet but i'm very iffy bout it after convoing with Phlip bout it

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Haven't heard it yet but i'm very iffy bout it after convoing with Phlip bout it

I hated the idea of this album more then anyone, but I love it.

I think you should give it a listen to it and keep an open mind.

stiizy
11-25-2008, 08:03 AM
^^ Yeah i will, i mean i love kanye so i know most likely just for my loyalty to him i'll pick it up

Phlip
11-25-2008, 08:51 AM
^^ Yeah i will, i mean i love kanye so i know most likely just for my loyalty to him i'll pick it up
I have said it before, I have always been a fan, and as a collector, will usually pick up the albums of my favorites, but in a show of sheer principle, I am refusing to buy this album, simple as that.

also
The Top 10 Reasons Why Kanye West is a Douche | The Best Article Every day (http://www.bspcn.com/2008/11/24/the-top-10-reasons-why-kanye-west-is-a-douche/)

Om1kron
11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
i dont like listening to the album.
kanye has some good lyrics, but i just HATE that voice shit.
i hate it. heartless is alright though.
but i cannot stand love lockdown. thats the whackest sounding song i've heard.

btw, i'm a big fan of kanye so not really hating

Love lockdown is absolutely horrible, I cant stand to listen to that shit either. Seriously the song starts off cool, but when those big drums kick in I literally hit next on the cd player.

It's all good though the cd has some pretty decent songs, some others are better as you dont even notice the auto tune in his singing, but his lyrical content lacks here because he's trying to sing.

One thing he "cant" do, and that's why his autotune is monotone as opposed to having different stress levels like t-pains.

treken2t87
11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Saying his lyrical content is lacking......I'd have to just flat out disagree.

The reason this album is so much better, in MY opninion, is cause his lyrics are so much realer this time around

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Seriously the song starts off cool, but when those big drums kick in I literally hit next on the cd player.

I LOVE those drums. I wish more songs had bass like that today. It reminds me of a 90's song...and that's a good thing for my taste in music.

stiizy
11-25-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm gonna go listen to this now and see how i like it....

Kanye will always be lyrically fresh though.....

SHIFT_*grind*
11-25-2008, 09:26 AM
also
The Top 10 Reasons Why Kanye West is a Douche | The Best Article Every day (http://www.bspcn.com/2008/11/24/the-top-10-reasons-why-kanye-west-is-a-douche/)

Thank you for that.

I don't particularly like his music, but if I did, I swear to God I'd flush my money down the toilet before I spent a penny of it to support such prolific levels of arrogance and douchebaggery.

What a sack of shit. Kurt Cobain? Jim Morrison? JIMI HENDRIX???? Youuuuuuuuu fucking WISH.

THE PROPHET
11-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I personally enjoyed the cd a lot! I kept an open mind and didn't expect hip-hop. Like stated before by others, the more you listen to it the more it grows on you and enjoy it...Especially if you can relate to what he says. Just give it a chance people and listen to the lyrics.... and i like the 808 drums!

FaLKoN240
11-25-2008, 09:36 AM
I LOVE those drums. I wish more songs had bass like that today. It reminds me of a 90's song...and that's a good thing for my taste in music.

Uh, yeah, I LOVE the drums.

That's what made the song hot in my ears.

Future240
11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
The singles I have heard from them, are horrible. I fucking hate autotune, even more so when rappers use it (yes lil wayne i am lookin at you :squint:)

I just got into kayne west, so I am really iffy about this ablum.

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 10:50 AM
The singles I have heard from them, are horrible. I fucking hate autotune, even more so when rappers use it (yes lil wayne i am lookin at you :squint:)

I just got into kayne west, so I am really iffy about this ablum.

So do I. I can't stand that shit. But I love this album.

Also I have to make mention that one of my favorite lines on the whole album are from Lil Wayne. One of his best verses as a cameo he's had in a while.

Baby girl I'm finished
I thought we were committed
I thought we were cemented
I really thought we meant it
But Now we just repenting
And Now we just resenting
The clouds is in my vision
Look how high that I be getting
And it`s all because of you
Girl we through
You think your shit don`t stink but you are Mrs. P-U

^
I love that shit. Again, it's spit with such emotion.

Om1kron
11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I actually like this album more then his second album.

Oh you done fucked up Mel! lol

stiizy
11-25-2008, 12:51 PM
listening now i like welcome to heartbreak...

beat is sick

stiizy
11-25-2008, 01:00 PM
you can listen to it here ....

808s & Heartbreak - MP3 Music Streams on IMEEM (http://www.imeem.com/kanyewest/playlist/t4G6F51S/808s_heartbreak_music_playlist/)

not piracy this is Kanye's personal Imeem

s13silady
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Kanye sucks. his first 2 albums were good. then down hill after that. then when he started using the autotuner, he sucked even more... all he does is cry and bitch. uuggh.

!Zar!
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
This hate in return sells even more records.

stiizy
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I can honestly say i only like maybe like 4 songs off of it but i'll by it anyway to support him in his platinum ambitions

!Zar!
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM
I can honestly say i only like maybe like 4 songs off of it but i'll by it anyway to support him in his platinum ambitions

Well shit, there are only like 12 songs on the cd.

So that's a fair amount.

It gets better the more and more you listen to it.

The cd it's self is great in the aspect of lyrics.

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Kanye sucks. his first 2 albums were good. then down hill after that. then when he started using the autotuner, he sucked even more... all he does is cry and bitch. uuggh.

His second album was my least favorite aside from a few tracks.

Xbroke_kidX
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
New album is good, different but i like it alot.

SHIFT_*grind*
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
This hate in return sells even more records.

If I can't stand an artist, I'm not buying his music...

Phlip
11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
But you're talking about it.
No publicity is bad, as long as it is free.

stiizy
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Well shit, there are only like 12 songs on the cd.

So that's a fair amount.

It gets better the more and more you listen to it.

The cd it's self is great in the aspect of lyrics.

i guess ya right i'll have another listen tonight

exitspeed
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Yea Kanye is a jack ass, but his music is good.

Same goes for Amy Winehouse...she's a fuckin mess, but her music is great.

I could care less what they do on their personal time and the stupid shit they say as long as they make good music. I'm buying the music not a ticket to hang out with them in person. Even though I'd buy that too. :)

Addicted2Kouki
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM
This shit, though?
HEEEEEELLLLLLL NO!!!

Totally agree.

Kanye's new album just doesn't sound like him.
I mean its cool. I'll listen to it, but I miss the old Kanye.
I guess that's what heartbreak does to you. :faint:

!Zar!
11-25-2008, 02:12 PM

Yes, but you voicing your dislike will interest people as to what the ruckus is about.

That interest will lead them to buy the cd so they can experience it themselves.

Those are sales.

Some of which will be because people who heard the cd due to all the commosion who otherwise wouldn't become fans of his.

jyon9689
11-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Ah, Kanye's alright. I liked his older stuff. I'll probably download that shit and listen to it when I get bored.

!Zar!
11-25-2008, 02:26 PM
As said before.

It's on imeem.

For free to listen to~

DUFFM4N
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
i just cant find any track on there that i like, and heartless and love lockdown are so played out already, just tired of listening to it....

Ludacris Theater of Mind album is SOOOOOO much better than this garbage....

and im a fan of kanye's music, but as a person, he needs to get a good ass whoopin

lunatyk
11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
This CD is alright...nothing I think that stands out. Graduation was much better imo.

HyperTek
11-25-2008, 06:14 PM
if you dont like kanye, people call you a hater lmao

DUFFM4N
11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
do i hate that he makes more money than me? yes
do i hate that he's a fuckin whinny ass bitch? yes
do i hate the way he acts because he makes more money than me? no, he's just annoying as a person
do i hate his music? not all of it

anyone can call me a hater, im just sorry that i believe in being humble rather than some arrogant prick

:snoop:

Phlip
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
i just cant find any track on there that i like, and heartless and love lockdown are so played out already, just tired of listening to it....

Ludacris Theater of Mind album is SOOOOOO much better than this garbage....

and im a fan of kanye's music, but as a person, he needs to get a good ass whoopin

I'm 5'8"...
You are too...
Judging by pictures taken next to rappers who I actually HAVE met in person, Kanye is not taller than 5'6" -- MAYBE 5'7"... When it comes to the doling out of that asswhoopin' you could be the one to make it happen.

lunatyk
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
And right after that ass whooping, he would get the law suit of a life time haha.

SHIFT_*grind*
11-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Ludacris isn't very tall. Sean Paul is just short.

Phlip
11-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Ludacris isn't very tall. Sean Paul is just short.
Met Ludacris before at a bowling alley when they were promoting Word of Mouf, he is my height.

LeftNutOfGowd
11-26-2008, 07:02 AM
psh I went out and got the killers new cd lol

stiizy
11-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Sean Paul aint that short, Hung out with him a few times, my boy promotes him...

Okay so i only bought like 3 songs off the album...

SHIFT_*grind*
11-26-2008, 08:29 AM
He's definitely below average height. I'm only 5'11 and I was looking down at him for sure. 5'5?

Om1kron
11-26-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm 5'8"...
You are too...
Judging by pictures taken next to rappers who I actually HAVE met in person, Kanye is not taller than 5'6" -- MAYBE 5'7"... When it comes to the doling out of that asswhoopin' you could be the one to make it happen.

Kanye west is 5'7" I bumped into him at E3 back in 05. I kinda made fun of him cause he had an LV backpack until I realized who he was. I was listening to college dropout back then. He's tiny also

JRas
11-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I liked it, only other album I like is 'Graduation'.

luckvx
11-26-2008, 05:41 PM
i downloaded the cd i liked it

KiDyNomiTe
11-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I love Kanye's attitude because he pisses so many people off and doesn't care how much of a douche he is... Fuck people, he is rich and good at what he does, hate him or love him, he is still rich and loved by too many...

New album was wierd at first too, but gets better and better, the good part about his albums is I can listen to every song, unlike 80% of albums (rap and more) out there. Most you get 2-4 good songs, rarely do I find an album where I can listen to it from start to finish more than once.

DUFFM4N
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm 5'8"...
You are too...

and i think i will

http://smiliesftw.com/x/gangster.gif

2iv0 sx
11-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Check out his "swag tail!" :rofl:
http://www.freshnessmag.com/v4/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/kanye-west-pastelle-jacket-ama-3.jpg

I like his album.. he wanted to take a different approach with this album and he did.

Check out this interview talking about this album (for those that may be interested)
zSHARE - dj_semtex-kanye_west_interview.mp3 (http://www.zshare.net/audio/5172791342decb62/)

SimpleS14
11-26-2008, 07:23 PM
so I just listened to this album......

It's complete crap.

There is not one single track that I like...he went to another direction, but it's not something I like.

Antihero983
11-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Fuck all that noise.

His new shit is GARBAGE.

Him and Lil Wayne need to get off T Pain's AutoTuning nuts.

Hell T Pain's new single "I can't believe it" isn't half bad....UNTIL LIL WAYNE GETS ON IT with that damned auto tune.

Same thing with The Game's "My Life" track, shit is straight FIRE and then bam! Garbage courtesy of a Auto Tune using Lil Wayne.

unlegendary
11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
i don't like his use of auto tunes, he uses it too much now just like any other artist. wtf is my generation up to music wise? his original voice in previous albums tops this any day!

JDM_inspired
11-27-2008, 04:01 AM
lets leave the vocoders to t-pain shall we...

Phlip
11-27-2008, 05:17 AM
lets leave the vocoders to Peter Frampton and Roger Troutman shall we...
There, fixed that for you.

Antihero983
11-27-2008, 08:45 AM
God this is worse than when Linkin Park tried to change up their shit....and THAT was horrible too....

I wonder if everyone using the Auto-Tune now will cause T-Pain to fall off....

SloPokS13
11-27-2008, 09:05 AM
I used to not like his music too much, but when i listened to graduation and his new one, you can tell how far he's come. I've only listened to his new one once, but I think it's good so far.

exitspeed
11-27-2008, 12:40 PM
God this is worse than when Linkin Park tried to change up their shit....

Cut to a scene with Linkin Park in the studio recording a song with Barbara Streisand for their new Christmas themed album, Christmas Rocks Out with its Cock Out.

luckvx
11-28-2008, 04:28 PM
[quote=2iv0 sx;2474084]Check out his "swag tail!" :rofl:
http://www.freshnessmag.com/v4/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/kanye-west-pastelle-jacket-ama-3.jpg

thats swagger right thur

HyperTek
11-28-2008, 06:59 PM
didnt like the album... Kanye=overrated

but.. i been bumpin the T-Pain Three ringz album all day.. probably one of the best albums to recently be released imo

exitspeed
11-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I bought the album yesterday. This is probably the first album I've ever purchased that didn't come with a Parental Advisory label.

40daws
11-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I love Kanye's attitude because he pisses so many people off and doesn't care how much of a douche he is... Fuck people, he is rich and good at what he does, hate him or love him, he is still rich and loved by too many...

New album was wierd at first too, but gets better and better, the good part about his albums is I can listen to every song, unlike 80% of albums (rap and more) out there. Most you get 2-4 good songs, rarely do I find an album where I can listen to it from start to finish more than once.

x2. Listened to the whole thing all the way through and did not have to skip a track.

Dutchmalmiss
11-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Bought it yesterday. Never heard of hip hop emo before, but I'm enjoying the beats. that 80's sounding track sounds good to me.

worangejuice
11-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah not as upbeat catchy as his other albums, but it does reflect whats going on with his life.
Paranoid is a catchy track
My favorite by far is Street Lights.
Robocop, I just appreciate that he did a song named Robocop.
Pinnochio is a sad hypocritical song that shows how human we all are no matter where you are financially or careerwise. ahh poor kanye, he's alll successful now.

exitspeed
12-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one who liked it and sees it's true colors.

IGN: 808's & Heartbreak Review (http://music.ign.com/articles/934/934046p1.html)

Phlip
12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I dunno, Mel:
http://hiphopsite.com/review/show/id/160
According to Kanye, after his debut, The College Dropout, he would follow with Late Registration, then Graduation, and his fourth album, A Good Ass Job. The titles of each album were meant to mirror most students' real life aspirations, "because after college you are supposed to get a good ass job", as he put it. But, the last year or so has been tough for Kanye, with the tragic loss of his mother Donda West, due to a botched plastic surgery operation, and the breaking off of his engagement with fashion designer Alexis Phifer. The result, is 808's and Heartbreak, a conceptual album that scrambles Kanye's original career blueprint, featuring eleven tracks of him singing sad songs... with a vocoder.

It seemed to start on Young Jeezy's “I Put On”, where we first saw the first appearance of the autotuned Kanye, stating “I lost the only girl in the world that know me best” - which could have either referred to his mother or his fiancée. The trend continued on a few more songs, T.I.'s “Swagger Like Us” and DJ Khaled's “Go Hard”, but once his official single for this album leaked, “Love Lockdown”, fans became curious if Kanye would record a whole album in this format. The answer is 808's and Heartbreak.

USA Today gives it a perfect 4 out of 4 stars, stating: “West deftly uses the 808 drum machine and Auto-Tune vocal effect to channel his feelings of hurt, anger and doubt through his well-crafted lyrics." The Washington Post concurs calling it "the best album released this year", while other mainstream press outlets like Billboard and The Times also gave it glow-in-the-dark ratings, as if Kanye could do no wrong.

We love Kanye and all, and admit, he does sound extra fresh when rapping with the vocoder - each “Swagger Like Us” and “I Put On” find him executing the style perfectly – but a whole album singing in this style is up for debate. Sure, the vocoder/autotuner has a generally negative history in hip-hop, after it was beaten to death by countless west-coast jams of the 90's, not to mention it's recent resurrection with love-him-or-hate-him hit machine, T-Pain. But Kanye's take on it is a little different than what we've seen in the past. He isn't creating syrupy pop jams like Pain; the dark lead single, “Love Lockdown” is evident of that. Instead combines it with the bass-heavy 808 drum to evoke emotion and pour his soul out in a risky, experimental LP.

The relationship with is ex is the primary subject of the album, as it is discussed at length throughout the entirety of the project. “Say You Will” beats like a life-support machine, meshed with gloomy pianos in a style that's more Radiohead than Roger Troutman. “Welcome To Heartbreak” is perhaps the album's most revealing moment, as lonely Kanye sing-raps about balancing the wild life of a superstar and that of a more grounded family man, with poignant lyrical content. He is also found in self-examination on “Amazing”, while Young Jeezy lends a rapped version of Kanye's ego-driven lament.

“Love Lockdown” seems to have been written right after the breakup itself, as he states, “I'm in love with you, but the vibe is wrong / and that haunted me, all the way home”. But Kanye delves into his reasoning for the breakup, which doesn't just fall on his own complex personality. “Paranoid” has a dancey, upbeat 1980's style track, as he implies his ex's sense of worry ruined the limited times they share together. “Robocop” expands on this, as he really digs into her, with blistering Trent Reznor-style drums, but soft symphonic strings, as he compares her to Misery's Annie Wilkes. Asshole or victim? There's two sides to every story.

We all go through breakups and hardships in our lives, so on some level, there will be moments we can all relate to on this LP. However, only an ego as big as Kanye's would believe that we would be interested in hearing this type of vanity project which basically explores one topic in one style. Because he is such a huge star, of course he knew we would all be listening, however the universal praise the album has received begs the question as to whether people love the album, or just love Kanye in general. We suppose it's nice to hear something from Mr. West during the off season (as we didn't expect another LP from him for another year or so), but we prefer drum loops and chipmunk soul, over 808's and Heartbreak. - Pizzo

stiizy
12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I only bought 2 tracks off the Album...

Welcome to Heartbreak and Paranoid

cant stand the other tracks

!Zar!
12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah.

Shits cool.

exitspeed
12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Phlip the CD book that unfolds and it's a giant picture of him and his mom.

I think this album is really about his mom and not women.

The women he loved most in the world was taken away from him and his heart is obviously not healed. I commend him for being able to make an album like this and say "fuck the norm". I would give him posi rep on here if I could.

Phlip
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM

The women he loved most in the world was taken away from him and his heart is obviously not healed. I commend him for being able to make an album like this and say "fuck the norm". I would give him posi rep on here if I could.
My issue, Mel, is not with the subject matter as much as it is the presentation of such.
It has been quite obvious, as well, that losing his mother did nothing to humble him and his ego either. The points of the review I linked spoke directly to that, just as I said before, that this would be his "watch, y'all gonna buy this anyway" album. In such, I am refusing to buy it.
I am not saying that it is not enjoyable to some people, I am saying that I do not enjoy it.

exitspeed
12-01-2008, 12:47 PM
My issue, Mel, is not with the subject matter as much as it is the presentation of such.
It has been quite obvious, as well, that losing his mother did nothing to humble him and his ego either. The points of the review I linked spoke directly to that, just as I said before, that this would be his "watch, y'all gonna buy this anyway" album. In such, I am refusing to buy it.
I am not saying that it is not enjoyable to some people, I am saying that I do not enjoy it.

I think his album is tremendously humbling. People show their emotions in different ways and deal with things differently. This was his way, IMO to deal with it. Yea he still acts like a ass in public...he's an ass. He was an ass when you bought his last three albums. Nothing has changed. Except now he made an album that lets you see another side of the ass. One who's not so "flawless" as h portrays himself to be.

Honestly Phlip I think you are letting yourself miss out on a good album out of spite which is unfortunate.

chadca18s13
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
why do people keep talkin like kanye is doing something new to music? tons of ppl who cant sing have been using that octave singing box shit for a few years now... i know its new for him... but that doesnt mean its anything special. i dont hate this album... after listening to it for awhile its grown on me a bit. i would have liked him to rap more in the verses then maybe go back to his singing box for the chorus..

but anyways Lil Wayne and Lil Jeezy to name a couple have been doin the same type shit for a few years. so sayin kanye is sayin fuck the norm or tryin to change music or somethin is crazy...

album is o.k, beats are solid as always, and anyways all the attention the album has gotten is most likely exactly what kanye wants and the next one he drops, this summer i think, will prolly be bangin

Phlip
12-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I think his album is tremendously humbling. People show their emotions in different ways and deal with things differently. This was his way, IMO to deal with it. Yea he still acts like a ass in public...he's an ass. He was an ass when you bought his last three albums. Nothing has changed. Except now he made an album that lets you see another side of the ass. One who's not so "flawless" as h portrays himself to be.

Honestly Phlip I think you are letting yourself miss out on a good album out of spite which is unfortunate.
I am not missing a good album out of spite, I am very serious when I say I wanted to be proven wrong, have listened to it several times and I am sticking to my guns in my refusal to buy it, not even for the collection.

bbejj123
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
besides his music, do you guys like his personality?

i think hes getting really really really big headed. way big headed.
it'd be better if he just didnt do interviews.

haha havent u seen his face? i remember being called kanye when i got my wisdom teeth pulled =)...haha

but ya i dont think he should be talking in interviews

but he is pretty good...i especially like his song "go hard" with t pain

exitspeed
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
I am not missing a good album out of spite, I am very serious when I say I wanted to be proven wrong, have listened to it several times and I am sticking to my guns in my refusal to buy it, not even for the collection.

Fair enough.

Antihero983
12-01-2008, 02:40 PM

fuck the norm? mel are you fucking high?

T Pain has how many albums out now? All he did was yank T Pain's routine and put dance beats behind it.

Yeah, he really fucked the norm there!

HyperTek
12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
the tpain album is great imo, i been bumpin it for the past 2 days..

now waiting on the Common album chyea!!!

stiizy
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
^^ You guys do know that Tpain sucks ass right ??

Just
a lil fyi!!

Dutchmalmiss
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I think from "fuck the norm", what was meant was getting something unexpected out of Kanye. When someone thinks about Kanye, someone expects a rap album with an upbeat sound and crazy samples, not a toned down, depressed, almost crying set of songs sung by him. Nonetheless, looking past the beats and "judge by the book" POV I had for this album, I respect it more because of the meaning behind each song. I did have to listen to it a few times to let it grow on me too.

exitspeed
12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
fuck the norm? mel are you fucking high?

T Pain has how many albums out now? All he did was yank T Pain's routine and put dance beats behind it.

Yeah, he really fucked the norm there!

And t-Pain jacked it from where? He wasn't the first to do that sound. It's a trend in the industry right now. Also, T-Pain isn't a hip hop artist. Kanye IMO is. His first album should be considered a hip hop classic. So for a hip hop artist to go against the grain like he did was brave.

The album isn't all dance beats. It's dark. It's emo hip-hop, not dance music.

There's no point in going back and forth any longer I guess. It's a love it or hate it thang.

HyperTek
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
i think tpain is very talented.. he can sing without autotone too *listen to Keep Going*, hes an entertainer and does more "feel good" music.

But anyways.. Kanye wanted to do a different sound with this album, so cant just say it sucks, its just different.

stiizy
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
i think tpain is very talented.. he can sing without autotone too

all these words should never be put together again.......

T-pain is full of fuckin FanBoy BS and is wack as hell, tries to make up words that sound stupid as hell and looks and dresses like a fuckin queer clown with dreads

HyperTek
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM
granted i generally do start to dislike mass played/commercialized songs sometimes, but he dose have a few tracks i like. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so its cool.

s13.5guy
12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Meh. The days of real music...gone.

Now talking and swearing over pieced together beats and 'melodies' is the standard of music. *sigh*

Popular music of a society says a lot of the culture. Todays popular 'music' is so mind numbingly simple...so outright perverse....it has lowered the mentality of a nation.

I'm not a fan of rap, hip-hop.

Todays music is like candy...throw away all the rappers and the goods are left.

The artist mentioned isn't rap, I understand that. But it IS talking over a beat..and hell...he can't even do that right cause they gotta change the sound of his voice in the songs.

No skill to do what this guy does, but people buy his crap and make em a big headed multi millionare.

Sad

The only props ill give this guy is that he's actually talking about his real feelings and not some bitches and whores crap..

JDM_inspired
12-02-2008, 12:48 AM
There, fixed that for you.

thanks for the clarification but frampton/troutman's distinct sound comes from a talk box, not vocoders...

exitspeed
12-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Meh. The days of real music...gone.

Now talking and swearing over pieced together beats and 'melodies' is the standard of music. *sigh*

Popular music of a society says a lot of the culture. Todays popular 'music' is so mind numbingly simple...so outright perverse....it has lowered the mentality of a nation.

I'm not a fan of rap, hip-hop.

Todays music is like candy...throw away all the rappers and the goods are left.

The artist mentioned isn't rap, I understand that. But it IS talking over a beat..and hell...he can't even do that right cause they gotta change the sound of his voice in the songs.

No skill to do what this guy does, but people buy his crap and make em a big headed multi millionare.

Sad

The only props ill give this guy is that he's actually talking about his real feelings and not some bitches and whores crap..

You're in the wrong thread buddy. Keep moving.

Phlip
12-02-2008, 07:26 AM
You're in the wrong thread buddy. Keep moving.
Nice try Mel, but you know this is the internet, people will stop in a thread about something that totally doesn't interest them to shit on something that no one was even discussing.
I gave up on trying to help those people long ago.

JohnnyDrfiter22
12-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I went out and bought the album last night.......THANK GOD I ONLY SPENT $9.99

Fawking horrible, he tries so hard to be different and ends up sucking balls. Im a big fan of hip/hop and R&B I have all his other albums and good gawd that was terrible to listen to.

Two Good Songs on their, Robocop and the other one they always play on the radio... no love lockdown but the other one.

LeftNutOfGowd
12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
OMG OMG OMG

:ddog::ddog:BRITNEY SPEARS album just dropped today :ddog::ddog:

stiizy
12-02-2008, 09:09 AM
^^ Good one :keke:

but yea i like Kanye and all but this experimental album shit is a no go this shit don't fly when compared to his previous work...

Sorry Kanye i luv ya work but not this time...

LeftNutOfGowd
12-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I feel you stiizy I like Kanye but I didn't enjoy this album as much in my opinion Late Registration was his best album

stiizy
12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Graduation was a Good one for me alot of shit to relate to..

I love the Big Brother track also..

LeftNutOfGowd
12-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I liked it when both Kanye and 50 performed on BET 106 and park and Kanye brought out Jay at the end I can just image the look on 50 face lol

stiizy
12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
^^ I aint see that i'll go search youtube for it

victorw210
12-02-2008, 10:11 AM
john stewart ripped on kanye on daily show.hes like kanye you claim to be the voice of a generation but with all your voice modifyers your barely the voice of your own album

exitspeed
12-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Nice try Mel, but you know this is the internet, people will stop in a thread about something that totally doesn't interest them to shit on something that no one was even discussing.
I gave up on trying to help those people long ago.

:rimshot:

I went out and bought the album last night.......THANK GOD I ONLY SPENT $9.99

Fawking horrible, he tries so hard to be different and ends up sucking balls. Im a big fan of hip/hop and R&B I have all his other albums and good gawd that was terrible to listen to.

Two Good Songs on their, Robocop and the other one they always play on the radio... no love lockdown but the other one.

You should have downloaded the album to see if you liked it or not before you bought it. Kanye appreciates your contribution though.

I liked it when both Kanye and 50 performed on BET 106 and park and Kanye brought out Jay at the end I can just image the look on 50 face lol

^^ I aint see that i'll go search youtube for it

Did you find the vid?

stiizy
12-03-2008, 08:14 AM
^^ Na i aint find it Mel i would love to see it though

LeftNutOfGowd
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Britney's album is fucking AWESOME don't but Kanye trash by the Comeback Pop Princess album instead

LeftNutOfGowd
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Kanye has scored another no #1 album w/ 808s & Heartbreak, and he has officially sold 443,559 copies in his 1st week of release. Beyonce continues to stand strong at no #4 with another 254,555 copies moved for "I Am...Sasha Fierce." In other news, here is some bittersweet numbers for Ludacris. His new album Theater Of The Mind grabs the no. #5 spot, and moved 212,551 copies in its' 1st week of release.

stiizy
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Luda is garbage now that's why.

he has that i know i'm good so i can say whateva syndrome, although i do like that track that they play on the radio...

LeftNutOfGowd
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I hope your not talking about the T-Pain one I'm so fucking over that song shits played out

stiizy
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
^ Na i forgot the song...

it's the one with the GAME

LeftNutOfGowd
12-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Did you find the vid?

^^ Na i aint find it Mel i would love to see it though

Here you can see the video here:

jGyt9xmdrf8

Dailymotion - Kanye West Big Brother & Encore Jay-Z live, a video from _006-serie-TS_. kanye, west, big, brother, lol (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yjii_kanye-west-big-brother-encore-jayz_events)NOW GIVE ME MY PROPS BITCHES LOL

Phlip
01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Okay, he is slowly going out of his mind.
... or he is revealing some STRANGE shit.
(never mind the Mullet, known in the hyphenated-American community as a "Shag," which fell out of fashionable favor in like 1986...

Kanye West Bisexual Porn (http://www.popcrunch.com/kanye-west-bisexual-porn/)
via Pop Crunch (http://www.popcrunch.com/) by Castina on 1/22/09

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/kanyebisexual1.jpg

Alert: This Is A TMI Moment!

Perhaps it is his hate for golddiggers that has Kanye West considering taking a walk on the wild side with another man.
http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/kanyebisexual.jpg

In a new interview with KING Magazine’s David Watts, Kanye says that he may produce a softcore porn movie as a companion piece to his new disc 808 & Heartbreak–and he’s not above performing in a hump flick himself.

“I know people will find that as another thing to hate me on, but fuck it. I’m open to doing porn. Hell, I’ll even do bisexual scenes - myself, another man and a woman, or just me and two women. I know people will find that as some weird shit, but I am who I am.”

Again, I am very much a fan of almost everything Kanye did before he discovered AutoTune, but it appears that he has gone smooth out of his fucking mind.

stiizy
01-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Wow just wow i always knew that he was kinda strange this just proves my point....

Future240
01-23-2009, 09:07 AM
^Andre 3000 is strange, that....that is just fucking crazy

stiizy
01-23-2009, 09:13 AM
^Andre 3000 is strange, that....that is just fucking crazy

True that.....

S13_Nightkid
01-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Damn. Kanye has lost his mind. Supposedly his next album is going to be the old ye'.

Phlip
01-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Damn. Kanye has lost his mind. Supposedly his next album is going to be the old ye'.

Strange, but I guess that is only possible because he is not 27 years old anymore... Otherwise, he would slip into a deep depression and look to quell it with drink and drugs, and die at 27, like so many other famous people, and there wouldn't be a "next album."
Funny thing, though... If he WAS to die, even though terribly overrated, he would be held as the "greatest ever" by so many people that new idiots would begin to believe it. It has happened before with entertainers who kicked the bucket early.

LongGrain
01-23-2009, 09:54 AM
coughnirvanacough

Phlip
01-23-2009, 09:57 AM
coughnirvanacough

I love when people pick up what I throw down.

Kn1ves
01-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Not according to the Vibe Mag in my hand...

Will the next thing you do musically be as distictly different as this?
[Speaking about 808's] This is the blueprint for the future

Are you concerned about the perceptionof 808s once its out of your system?
What do you mean "out of my system"? This is the beginning of my system. Did you think it's like, "Well, Kanye's got that out of his system now he's gonna go back to making songs that sound like some shit he made seven years ago?"

theronin
01-23-2009, 11:46 AM
im pretty sure that by bisexual he meant him and another dude doubling up on a girl. prob not doing anything together per se.

Phlip
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
im pretty sure that by bisexual he meant him and another dude doubling up on a girl. prob not doing anything together per se.

See... That would be a "gangbang," speaking in pronographic terms, in which they may take turns or something equivalent in terminology, where everyone is having hetero sex.
The term "bisexual" suggests that some funny business is awry.

DUFFM4N
01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
gangbang = more than 2 guys on 1 girl
bisexual = taking part in sexual activities with people of the opposite and same sex (balls touch)
tag team = 2 guys "tagging" (hence tag team) 1 girl (balls dont touch)

stiizy
01-23-2009, 12:09 PM
See... That would be a "gangbang," speaking in pronographic terms, in which they may take turns or something equivalent in terminology, where everyone is having hetero sex.

If not Gangbang it would be MMF

Bi-sexual means he gets hit while hitting a chick and all that nasty shit....

theronin
01-23-2009, 12:13 PM
lol thank you for clarifying that one for me phlip.

i always thought that would just be considered a 3 way.

gangbangs imo are more than 2 dudes on 1 girl. DVDA anyone?

Phlip
01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm just saying, one would think that the language used, especially for an interview, would be a lot better chosen, especially with the known rumors running rampant.

Om1kron
01-23-2009, 12:23 PM

Kanye West is smart, and is also known for blurting shit out of his mouth, listen to the cant stop me now mix tape where he goes on about the george bush doesn't care about black people shit and he goes on to explain he did little to nothing to access the situation, he didn't say "george bush hates black people, or gb said fuck black people." he simply stated what he felt at the time. So you caught him on some no homo shit!

My boys asked me if I'd suck a dick for a couple million dollars, I was like fuck yeah I would and I would buy all new friends in miami florida if one of you dicks even called me gay.

shits rough, I gotta think about the children. They are the future, but nah I said some homo shit so I must be a cigarrette.

grow up.

Phlip
01-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Kanye West is smart, and is also known for blurting shit out of his mouth, listen to the cant stop me now mix tape where he goes on about the george bush doesn't care about black people shit and he goes on to explain he did little to nothing to access the situation, he didn't say "george bush hates black people, or gb said fuck black people." he simply stated what he felt at the time. So you caught him on some no homo shit!

My boys asked me if I'd suck a dick for a couple million dollars, I was like fuck yeah I would and I would buy all new friends in miami florida if one of you dicks even called me gay.

shits rough, I gotta think about the children. They are the future, but nah I said some homo shit so I must be a cigarrette.

grow up.

Actually, I don't see this as a "would you suck a dick for a million dollars," kinda situation. I see it as someone publicly rumored to be homeaux and denying it, followed by first going on a video saying things that do nothing to clear his name, then a week later in a magazine using language that further incriminates him as such.

Is it funny to me?
Yep.
Am I being immature?
Hell yes!
Am I an asshole?
Never denied it.

Am I still pissed at him for making this shit-ass album, and in such view this as his just comeuppance?
Absolutely.

Om1kron
01-23-2009, 12:39 PM
hey we're in the same boat, the shit is in my itunes minus 5 of it's songs... I just threw in that kid cudi mixtape in 808's place as the guy who's going to take kanye's place in creativity in lyrical content. on a record label owned by yeezy.

theronin
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
omi, you dont have to buy me as a friend. <3

but hope ya dont mind if i get ya drunk sometimes and try to mouth fuck ya :P

Om1kron
01-23-2009, 01:26 PM
only if you got a million dollars buddy!

theronin
01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
how about a twenty and a 5th of 151?

Phlip
01-23-2009, 01:49 PM
how about a twenty and a 5th of 151?

20 million?
Or 20 dollars?

Because the 151 would totally change his mind if it was only 20 bucks.

Om1kron
01-23-2009, 01:54 PM
20 million?
Or 20 dollars?

Because the 151 would totally change his mind if it was only 20 bucks.

I would just try to fuck his dick with my dick (remember, ugly vagina) if he gave me the 151... And I'm probably stronger than you, so you may just end up getting love from the homies bro. Don't test me! Just because I said i'd drop knowledge for 1mil doesn't mean i'm an easy lay...

the nerve of you people!!!

theronin
01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
lol.

msglngthftmfl

Phlip
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Waitaminute...
What were we talking about?

Om1kron
01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
kanye likes to stick his cock in meat bun.

Phlip
01-23-2009, 02:02 PM
kanye likes to stick his cock in meat bun.

Ugh, nevermind, change the subject please?

lyrical struggle
01-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I happen to like the Eddie Murphy look. Its different, just not enough of a hype beast or a 16 year old to try it. Ill stick to the ceaser.

Credit: Allhiphop.com

KANYE IS NOT TRYING TO DO PORN!

I must be a prude or something, because I never heard of b-sexual porn. Nevertheless, “the internets” are trying to suggest that Kanye West is looking to experiment with that form or “art.” What I didn’t see, but heard was that there is a fake article going around the internet where Kanye says he wants to do porn that includes men. It’s just not true, so let the man be great please! Here is what Kanye said on his blog:

YOOOO WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE GREAT!!! I HAD THE TWO GREATEST DAYS OF MY LIFE AND WHEN I GET BACK FROM THE LOUIE SHOW I READ SOME SHIT CLAIMING I SAID I'M DOWN TO DO PORN AND SOME BISEXUAL PORN!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE AVN WOULD POST FIRST PEOPLE BELIEVED THE TWITTER/STEVEN COLBERT THING, ROLLING STONE EVEN PRINTED IT!!!! NOW SOMEBODY HAS BEEN HACKING INTO MY MYSPACE AND SOMEBODY'S ACTUALLY HACKED INTO MY PERSONAL GMAIL ACCOUNT AND HAS BEEN EMAILING PEOPLE FROM IT... HEY WORLD I NO LONGER HAVE A GMAIL! I FOUND OUT I HAD TWELVE UNAUTHORIZED SKYPE ACCOUNTS UNDER MY NAME!!! THIS ALL IN THE PAST FOUR DAYS. WELCOME TO KANYE WEST WORLD! .... IT'S NOT OFFICIAL. I JUST GAVE THE PERFORMANCE OF MY LIFETIME FOR OUR NEW PRESIDENT ... THEN I FLEW TO PARIS AND THEY DEBUTED MY NEW SHOES THAT I DESIGNED WITH LOUIE VUITTON WHICH WAS A DREAM COME TRUE. PLEASE I BEG YOU, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME BE GREAT!!! WHO HAVE I HURT SO BAD THAT THEY WANT TO DESTROY ME? WHO HAVE I EVER SPOKE ABOUT SO NEGATIVELY? I JUST WAS SPEAKING WITH OUR NEW PRESIDENT TWO DAYS AGO... AND NOW THIS.... SIDEBAR... NEVER TAKE A PICTURE FROM MY OBAMA PERFORMANCE AND PUT IT NEXT TO A BS QUOTE LIKE THAT! THAT'S IN POOR TASTE! THAT UNDERMINES WHAT MY CONTRIBUTION TO THAT EVENT WAS AND SLAPS EVERYBODY WHO FELT UPLIFTED BY THAT PERFORMANCE IN THE FACE! A PICTURE SAYS A THOUSAND WORDS... LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

Phlip
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Sheeit, that performance was undermined by that fucking shag.

I mean, what "uplifting" came from that performance for anyone not named Kanye Omari West?
Then he takes the statement to serve himself a bit more...
Yeah, fuck Kanye and the horse he rode in on.

Om1kron
01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!
9GmsZee3uCU

lyrical struggle
01-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Sheeit, that performance was undermined by that fucking shag.

I mean, what "uplifting" came from that performance for anyone not named Kanye Omari West?
Then he takes the statement to serve himself a bit more...
Yeah, fuck Kanye and the horse he rode in on.

Funny i was having this conversation with my girl last night. He lost a percentage of his "core" audience. But he was getting spins on alot of "jonas brother top 40 stations" and the 30 something consumers also. look 10 percent of your core audience show a 30% gain of new listeners is a good trade off.

Sheeit loving the clay davis from the wire tie in though lol.

Phlip
01-23-2009, 02:47 PM
I would love to see him rock a jheri curl like Stoney Jackson since he is making horrible fashion decisions and all.
Then try to convince us that it is a good idea.

exitspeed
01-23-2009, 03:19 PM
The porn shit is weird. No doubt.

It doesn't take away from how good I think 808's is though nor does it make any of his other albums any less good.

He's an artist. People act like this is the first artist that is actually a fuckin weirdo. What's new? A lot of genius' and artists are nuts. It's what makes them genius.

I read the interview in Vibe and I gained a better respect for him as an artist then I even had for him before.

I say good for him for standing up to the norm and doing what he wants, and feels. Even if it is gay...

S13_Nightkid
01-23-2009, 11:48 PM
I would love to see him rock a jheri curl like Stoney Jackson since he is making horrible fashion decisions and all.
Then try to convince us that it is a good idea.

I wouldn't be suprised if anyone followed that trend if he brought it:ddog: back.

Matej
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Martin Louis the King Jr.

Discuss.