PDA

View Full Version : ABS is not working on my s13

armokaiser
11-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Someone has done an sr20det swap on my 240sx,
but the ABS light is on right now, and I found out that
the abs sensor on the front wheel(passenger side) is unplugged, and I cannot find anythings for that.
I think that the harness has been cut by someone .Does anyone know where the wiring or the plug should come from>?
thanks

Ghost05
11-26-2008, 04:35 PM
trace it from the antiskid fuse in your engine bay fuse box back to your ecu. secoundly why do you have abs in an S13, the only one that came with ABS is the super hicas model. and why would you put an SR in a super hicas with rear wheel steering??

armokaiser
12-02-2008, 02:18 AM
my car just came with that

projectRDM
12-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Whoever wired the SR didn't provide for the ABS, there's a separate subharness that has to made to integrate it in. I'm sure they just left it all out and unplugged, most people can't handle wiring the additional stuff in. Some kids don't even wire the A/C which is only two wires.

A PUNK
12-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Personnaly I think that ABS is shit anyways. I can't get my Teg to stop for shit with it and I am always being forced to pull the E and either drift into a side road or just end up next to someone else. In this last little snow fall I went straight through just about everything including lights because going 55 with a 2k lb vehicle and trying to stop with ABS is just stupid. I think that you should just take the ABS module out and free up some room in your engine bay.

murda-c
12-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Personnaly I think that ABS is shit anyways. I can't get my Teg to stop for shit with it and I am always being forced to pull the E and either drift into a side road or just end up next to someone else. In this last little snow fall I went straight through just about everything including lights because going 55 with a 2k lb vehicle and trying to stop with ABS is just stupid. I think that you should just take the ABS module out and free up some room in your engine bay.

Lol your teg fails.

I wish my car had ABS, the one thing i like about my moms camry is the ability to stop hard in the rain without pumping the brakes.

A PUNK
12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm fine in thet rain but snow and Ice can be a bitch unless you just want to go have fun doing j turns and wipin' around parking lots. haha, I don't even get why they put ABS in a f*ckin' sports car... My Teg and his 240. My 240 doesn't have ABS but it also can't takeoff worth shit on icy roads. It's 5mph for the first 5-10 minutes. haha.
Anyways, the bottomline is that ABS sucks for little cars and people should just learn that slamming on the brakes on an icy road or anyroad at all when there is about 1 to 3 other lanes that you could use. (there is also the shoulder...)

ryguy
12-06-2008, 01:25 PM

Or you could just stop driving like an asshole when it's snowing. You shouldn't be locking up your brakes in the snow. ABS is for panic stops only, if you know how to drive it should only come on in panic stops or on straight up ice.

A PUNK
12-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Or you could just stop driving like an asshole when it's snowing. You shouldn't be locking up your brakes in the snow. ABS is for panic stops only, if you know how to drive it should only come on in panic stops or on straight up ice.
Have you ever driven on Ice? or even on a snowy/sluchy road with a 2k lb vehicle? It doesn't matter if you takeit slow from 50ft away or hard at 10ft (not that anyone would do that... idk though) Drilled and Slotted brakes will ALWAYS lock up in that kind of weather with my light ass vehicle. Sorry to burst your bubble and everything but I wouldn't consider myself driving like an asshole. But if I ever come into the situation where I can take a 45 degree slope at 10mph without stopping and then sliding backwards. I'll let you know.:snoop: