PDA

View Full Version : How do you change music files from Windows Media player to IPod...

JohnnyDrfiter22
11-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Im not at all computer savoy. I searched online maybe my wording is all wrong but how do i convert my windows mefia player files to IPOD files.
Links, programs, how to's would be awesome thanks guys.

TheWolf
11-23-2008, 09:03 AM
did you buy these music files or get them via a subscription?

if so... then you're screwed...

edit.. not really but you should search for the program that breaks the sureplay or whatever windows calls it...

JohnnyDrfiter22
11-23-2008, 09:20 AM
No i just ripped them from a CD onto my computer and the files were saved into my windows media player library

s13.5guy
11-23-2008, 09:29 AM
When ripped from a CD, audio files become either CDA, or WMA files. Right click on one of the songs you want converted. Then on the menu that pops up, left click on 'properties'. Read what it says under or next to the heading 'file type'. What ever that says is the type of file you have....BUT, you want them to be MP3 files to work on your Ipod. In the google search bar located at Google (http://www.google.com), type in '(your file type) to MP3 converter.'

Then click on the links the search provides and download a converter. Some MP3 converters are only demos and only allow you to use the program for 30 days or something...and some cost money, and some are completely free. Just be sure you read before you download.

I hope I explained the process well enough for you to understand, as I just woke up and am typing this from my phone..

Good searchin!

Adam

fliprayzin240sx
11-23-2008, 10:44 AM
If you updated your Itunes, it will automatically convert it to the proper format prior to copying it into your Ipod. Just open up Itunes, open up the folder where all the music is stored, select and drag all the songs on to Itunes. If you open up your Ipod in Itunes and drag it in there, itll ask you if you want to convert it all. Just say yes and itll do it.