PDA

View Full Version : "fast Car"

AmherstSR20DET
02-06-2003, 08:33 PM
I just got back from the auto show here in Buffalo, NY (I hate this cold weather :mad: ). Any who, as I walked out of the convention center we happened upon a spectacular sight. Sorry for the blurry photo, I was in a bit of a rush and didn't stop to take a good picture, but so you know, that's an IHRA sticker in the read window and the license plate says "FAST CAR".

Just thought you could all use a good laugh.

MikeFD3S
02-07-2003, 12:59 AM
actually I wouldnt be surprised at all if that Volvo is very fast. I remember reading some time ago about some insanely sick sleeper Volvo -wagons-... they turned consisted 12's and the other one 13's.

It was like a Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon or a V70

christopher
02-07-2003, 08:57 AM
That wing is just amazing looking on that car.....

hehehe!

No, just kidding, I have seen a couple of quick volvo's around MN before. I have no idea what 1/4 mile times they would pull but they sure outran this Civic last year near my moms house. It was pretty amusing to see. That same night someone pulled up in their Lamborgini kit car and lost to a MR2. What can I say Volvos rock and the Pontiac Fiero is a piece of junk.:D

AKADriver
02-07-2003, 09:07 AM
It's a diesel model, I doubt it's going ANYWHERE fast :D

But, yeah, V8s can be swapped in, or later-model DOHC/turbo engines.

AmherstSR20DET
02-07-2003, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it had a decent amount of go, but the aluminum wing was just to fun, especially after see all the ricer kids at the autoshow gathering around the Celica with its "Xtreme" package and a Civic SI.

Phlip
02-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Umm... Guys, I have a confession to make... I got CREAMED on my way to work by a butternut-colored volvo wagon I later found out had a built ford motorsports 347 under the hood. It was the "rice factor" that sucked me in, he had a single flowmaster looking pipe and a GTR symbol on the back of the car (yea, THAT GTR) and my windows were up and sub pounding behind me, so I heard nothing until he stood on it, rather me....

DuffMan
02-07-2003, 09:14 PM
The point of a fast volvo is that it supposed to be a sleeper. You put a wing on it or a license plate like that and you completely ruin the sleeper appeal.

dave2u
02-07-2003, 10:33 PM
850 R (http://www.carquestuk.com/T5R%20page.htm)

I fell for the saloon version of this car before eventually chosing my s14. I was comin out of a video shop on a retail park and this thin rolled in and parked. It was a jet black saloon and had the biggest 5 spoke alloys i`d seen. I didnt know what the hell it was. I havent seen one as nice as that since but would be well chuffed to own that car even now.

dave

AmherstSR20DET
02-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by DuffMan
The point of a fast volvo is that it supposed to be a sleeper. You put a wing on it or a license plate like that and you completely ruin the sleeper appeal.

Pretty much what I was trying to get at. The owner of the car would get a better response by putting something in it like a 347 and leaving the exterior stock. Just the idea of the bi-level aluminum wing is too funny. I doubt that it has much, if any use on the car. But hey, we've all seen stranger things (SR20 in a Hon-duh, cough, cough).

AceInHole
02-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Don't knock it.... my car is powered by Volvo!
(TD05-12B off a Volvo 760)

Who knows... the wing might help. Pretty sure it's RWD afterall...

direb0y
02-10-2003, 12:07 PM
:D