PDA

View Full Version : rim suggestions

CoasTek240
02-06-2003, 07:54 PM
ok lookign to get cheap rims...
i have found 2 nissan s12 200sx turbo rims at a local junkyard near by really cheap. i plan on having those for a spare set. i dotn think un matching rims setups are cool unless ur a really good driver(which i'm not) :D lol
or have a specific purpose. i heard s13 se rims will clear z brakes?
also i was told that s14 base model rims were the same size? will they clear as well. wont i need spacers.. someone pelase point me in the right direction.

after i get my wheels strightend out i figure i'll go with with some falken or bridgestone rubber. thanx

mbmbmb23
02-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Whats your definition of "cheap"???...like for a set of 4?

-m

CoasTek240
02-06-2003, 10:05 PM
well instead of spednign a grand on top quality rims i was planning on goign junkyard style. as of right now i have 1995 s14 basemodel rims. they are alright i was gonna paint them gold but i think i neede wider.. i belive these are 15x6?.. i know they are the smae as s13 se rims.. what's that?

CoasTek240
02-06-2003, 10:07 PM
i haev heard of people getting old camaro rims .. adn stuff liek that.. any suggestions.i do need the front to clear z brakes so most likely i'll go with a ncie mesh in the back and prolly gonna spend the dough on some kosei k-1's up front or some other nice rim.

CoasTek240
02-07-2003, 08:10 AM
i guess whats more important right now is askign what offset i shoudl go with in the rear. i'll prolly get 15x6 or 16x6 set of mesh
anyone reccomend the set from PDM
1/4" spacers with apr wheel studs..?

will i need huncentric spacers liek everyoen says or can i just torque these down nice

adey
02-11-2003, 09:35 AM
don't bother with 15x6 or 16x6! Get some decently wide wheels like a 15x7, or 15x6.5, at least!
Offset for these should be about +25 for flush fitment. :)
Or you could just buy my wheels and make life easier on yourself. heh heh.
(and no, hubcentric rings aren't NECESSARY, but nice.) I have a set of 60mm nismo studs, and plan to run some sandwich style spacers depending on what kind of wheels I (eventually) get. :)

DoriftoSlut
02-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by CoasTek240
well instead of spednign a grand on top quality rims...

Top quality rims will runa grand for 2. Unless you go used. The best rims for clearing Z32 brakes and good offsets and spoke dessign blah blah blah ar the K1's/P1's. Those things rule.

offsets? any 6.5 or 7 inch wheel... +20 or so, 8 or 9 inch +25 - +30... that will be flush as chit. Clearing Z32 brakes has a LOT to do with spoke design, ie. mesh wheels (because of their flat, uncurved spokes and spoke to rim mounting points, will not clear the brakes w/o a spacers. Period. Even a 15x7.5 +0 offset won't clear. Ok thats it... Im done explaining this kind of stuff.... sorry, but if you want anymore info, do some more researching and whatnot about rims. All i post on this board about is rims and tirs, rims and tires... ahaha. Also, try reading other people's posts, and SEARCH.... ok, lates.