PDA

View Full Version : Crock Pot Recipes Thread

BustedS13
11-19-2008, 09:08 PM
i just bought a house and want another car. you want an SR swap and glitter paint or some stupid shit. we all want to stop eating so much fast food. whatever. post up some good, easy crock pot recipes! i just inherited one and need to use the hell out of it. i plan to try this out tomorrow:

pot roast

3 to 4 pound roast beef or round steak
salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. brown gravy mix
1 cup water
½ cup catsup
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup red wine (optional)
Place meat in slow cooking pot. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.If desired, add small peeled potatoes and carrots. Sauce can be thickened with 2 tablespoons flour dissolved in ¼ cup of water.
I usually skip the potatoes and carrots and mix the roast or round steak with egg noodles.

Osmosis
11-19-2008, 09:21 PM
This website has some good ones.

A Year of CrockPotting (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/)

I really liked this one...But I diced up some Jalapenos and other peppers to make it spicier.

--1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
--1/2 large red onion, chopped
--1 cup carrots, chopped
--2 celery stalks, sliced
--2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (and juice)
--1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
--1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
--4 cups beef broth (check label for gluten!)
--1 jar (16.5 oz) pasta sauce
--2 tsp oregano
--1 T Tabasco sauce
--1/2 tsp salt
--1/4 tsp black pepper
--1/2 cup dry pasta, to add at end of cooking time (I used TJ's brown rice fusilli)

The Directions.

Use a 6 quart or larger crockpot, or cut the recipe in half. This makes a lot.

Brown the meat on the stovetop, and drain well. Let it cool a bit.

Chop up the carrots, onion, and celery. Add it to the empty crockpot.
Drain and rinse the beans, and add them. Add the whole cans of tomatoes, and the pasta sauce. Add the beef broth. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and Tobasco sauce. Stir in your meat.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. When the vegetables are tender, stir in the 1/2 cup of dry pasta.

Cover and cook for another hour on low, or until the pasta is tender. It will swell quite a bit.

Serve with a bit of parmesan cheese if you have it.

Agamemnon
11-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Corn Beef and Cabbage.

1. Get a corn beef brisket and dump it in the pot with the juices.
2. Add enough water to submerge completely.
3. Set pot to low and leave to cook for at least 8 hours. I like to set when going to work so I can come home to a nice smell.
4. Add cabbage to pot 30 minutes before serving.
5. Serve and enjoy.

victorw210
11-19-2008, 10:14 PM
http://www.happymountain.net/moonshine%20still.html (http://www.happymountain.net/moonshine%20still.html)

BustedS13
11-19-2008, 11:38 PM
here's some real broke loser recipes. crock pot ramen, baby

Crock Pot Chicken And Ramen Noodles
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup

1 package roasted chicken or vegetable

flavored Ramen noodles with seasoning packet

4 ounces sour cream

Instructions Place chicken in crockpot, mix together the soup with the seasoning packet included with the Ramen noodles, and spoon over the chicken. Break apart the noodles and sprinkle over the soup-seasoning mix. Cover and cook on LOW 5 or 6 hours, HIGH for 3 to 4 hours (adjust as
necessary for your crockpot's temperature). You don't want the chicken to fall apart.

During the last 15 minutes or so of cooking time, stir in the sour cream to blend with the soup mixture and noodles and to warm it up. This recipe yields 4 servings

CHICKEN STEW

2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 onion, sliced
6 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
2 bay leaves
3 1/2 cups water, divided
2 pkg (3oz each) Ramen chicken soup with seasoning packets

In a 3 quart slow cooker, layer potatoes, onion, chicken and sprinkle with thyme and pepper. Add bay leaves.

Combine 1 cup water and seasoning packets. Pour over chicken. Add remaining water to crockpot.

Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Stir in noodles.

Turn to high and cook 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.

JoeC1982
11-20-2008, 06:18 AM
For your pot roast i would recommend searing it in a skillet first before you put it in the crock pot.