PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge

BustedS13
11-19-2008, 03:24 AM
anybody get this yet? is it awesome? there's way too many games coming out right now that i want to play. and they all seem to be FPS's.

k-love
11-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Saw the commercial, looked intriguing, might try it out.

ZX88
11-19-2008, 07:00 AM
played the demo. and i liked it alot. the style of the game is cool adn you feel like you are actually the person. i havent gotten it cause ive been addicted to left4dead and i have no money.lol

mavrick243
11-20-2008, 12:19 AM
ya i had it and beat it. The game has less then 8 hours of story mode and then after you beat it all there is to do is time trial runs against peoples ghosts. The game was fun but i would suggest to just rent it cause its so short. After you beat it you do unlock a hard difficulty setting which turns off the runner vision so it makes all the red things be white like everything else and makes the fighting harder.

BustedS13
11-20-2008, 01:25 AM
ya i had it and beat it. The game has less then 8 hours of story mode and then after you beat it all there is to do is time trial runs against peoples ghosts. The game was fun but i would suggest to just rent it cause its so short. After you beat it you do unlock a hard difficulty setting which turns off the runner vision so it makes all the red things be white like everything else and makes the fighting harder.

hmm. sounds like the shelves at gamestop will be stocked with used copies in a month. i can wait

MambaSic
11-20-2008, 06:54 AM
you should check blockbusters used section. They have most slightly old games for dirt cheap. At least around my area. Cheaper than gamestop

pennjones
11-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Played the demo yesterday. IT is a lot of fun, but even it was short! Beat the demo in less than 10 minutes. Needless to say, I played more than once, but it seemed pretty fun from what I saw.

zeitgeist
11-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Beat whole game last week. Was impressed at the new concept but the game got old real quick to me.
I enjoyed the fact that you actaully had to think pretty hard for most of the situations though

Flipzide
11-20-2008, 01:05 PM
The demo is fun, but I personally don't think it's worth 60 dollars. I'll probably pick it up used off ebay in a couple months.

Although, I do love the theme song. It's been stuck in my head for a good couple weeks.

ZilviaKid
11-20-2008, 01:10 PM
so has anyone played the full version yet? im wondering if its a sandbox game or if they tell you to go somewhere continually.

Firestorm
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
^ it's pretty linear but there are multiple ways to get to your goals.

i beat it just yesterday... it's DAMN SHORT but it was fun.

the storyline wasn't as intense as i hoped for it to be, but oh well. i hope they're gonna come out with a sequel.

Mi Beardo es Loco
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I beat the demo in like 4 minutes. too easy if you ask me.

ZilviaKid
11-20-2008, 02:13 PM
^ it's pretty linear but there are multiple ways to get to your goals.

i beat it just yesterday... it's DAMN SHORT but it was fun.

the storyline wasn't as intense as i hoped for it to be, but oh well. i hope they're gonna come out with a sequel.
fuck.. i was hoping for something the size of an island in gta4 that i could jump around on.. oh well, maybe ill rent

BustedS13
11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
fuck.. i was hoping for something the size of an island in gta4 that i could jump around on.. oh well, maybe ill rent

if there were to be a sequel....

i played through the demo, seems very cool. i'll definitely pick this up used in a month or so, along with left4dead

mavrick243
11-21-2008, 12:48 AM
ya like i said it was fun but to short it would have been awesome though if they would have out an online free roam or tag that would have been sweet, sixteen people jumping from rooftop to rooftop playing tag.

BustedS13
11-21-2008, 12:52 AM
ya like i said it was fun but to short it would have been awesome though if they would have out an online free roam or tag that would have been sweet, sixteen people jumping from rooftop to rooftop playing tag.
it's actually kind of strange that multiplayer was an afterthought in this game, isn't it? i can't name many FPS's on 360 that don't have good multiplayer.

cali240sxdrifter
11-21-2008, 05:52 AM
for the cooler crowd... the PC version will be insane

Debut PC Trailer - Voodoo Extreme (http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/41331/PC/Mirrors-Edge/Trailer/Debut-PC-Trailer/Flash-Video)

SimpleS14
11-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Tried the demo, I'll get it once the price drops. I wish there was free roaming online, its a good way to practice.

mavrick243
11-21-2008, 11:05 AM
it's actually kind of strange that multiplayer was an afterthought in this game, isn't it? i can't name many FPS's on 360 that don't have good multiplayer.

Ya you would think that with a console so online oriented it would be a big forethought

ZilviaKid
11-21-2008, 11:09 AM
oh i remember what i was gonna say from before.

Im sure some of you are familiar with Jet Set Radio Future and Jet Grind Radio.
How sick would a remake of one those games be, but using the engine for this game. It feels like a perfect way to pick up that series.

BustedS13
11-21-2008, 11:21 AM
oh i remember what i was gonna say from before.

Im sure some of you are familiar with Jet Set Radio Future and Jet Grind Radio.
How sick would a remake of one those games be, but using the engine for this game. It feels like a perfect way to pick up that series.

my dick would explode if that happened. jet grind radio was one of my favorite Dreamcast games

PBucch
11-21-2008, 12:07 PM
ZilviaKID, great idea,

I am with busted, JGR was one of the best games ever.

ZilviaKid
11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
someone teach me how to code so i can go make it. im gonna have a wet dream over how awesome that mix would be. SONY PLEASE! :D