02-05-2003, 01:59 AM
gotta have skill to drift this thing :p
http://ceblazjari.kicks-ass.net/shipdrift.jpg

-E-
02-05-2003, 03:42 AM
LOL :D

Steeles
02-05-2003, 07:10 AM
now photoshop Ship_Drift in the bottom left corner and it would RULE!! awsome pic

negular
02-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Damn, he should get pulled over for that.

Dousan_PG
02-05-2003, 08:47 AM
must have a "drift" button.

Bbandit
02-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Steeles
now photoshop Ship_Drift in the bottom left corner and it would RULE!! awsome pic

LOL!!! took me a whole minute just to get what you meant by ship_drift :D

Steeles
02-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Bbandit
LOL!!! took me a whole minute just to get what you meant by ship_drift :D

lol I was wondering if anyone had caught that

elevator
02-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Wonder what tire setup he uses.

vg30s12
02-06-2003, 08:21 AM
The helmsman's been watching too much Initial D.

Foxcolt
02-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Needs to do something about that bodyroll. Extra bouyes(sp?) should do the trick:D :D

Steeles
02-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Foxcolt
Needs to do something about that bodyroll. Extra bouyes(sp?) should do the trick:D :D

lol I was thinking drop that left side anchor get a lil more rotation out of it. maybe move some F18s around in the hanger for better weight shift :D

-E-
02-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Steeles
lol I was thinking drop that left side anchor get a lil more rotation out of it. maybe move some F18s around in the hanger for better weight shift :D

:D

Foxcolt
02-06-2003, 11:54 AM
I wonder what the cook was doing when they took that picture:eek:

Steeles
02-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Foxcolt
I wonder what the cook was doing when they took that picture:eek:

watching the tofu to make sure the helmsman didnt break any ;) lol

live2drift2live
02-06-2003, 02:17 PM
damn that would suck to be on deck. also what do you think would happen if he over corrected it. btw the way whats his chamber alignment? :)
JBM

Phlip
02-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Anybody think he has an SR in that thing?

transient
02-07-2003, 08:49 PM
That's some seriously crazy ****! Awesome picture, but can you imagine actually being there for that? Damn!

96SEChick
02-07-2003, 08:57 PM
That is such an awesome pic. My bf is wondering if that was some sort of training or testing mission, to see the crew's or ship's abilities on reactions and/or handling. Anyway--great pic! I had to save it.

transient
02-07-2003, 11:19 PM
At first I thought it might have been a photoshopped pic, but I think there are just too many details for that.

240racer
02-08-2003, 01:19 AM
I'm going to have to say it's photo-chopped unless somebody can give me a good reason why it's rolling in the wrong direction. I've been around boats for a while and I've never been able to get them to roll the wrong way. Then again, I haven't been on or driven a aircraft carrier, but I doubt they are much different. The rudder is below the surface which causes the boat to lean into the turn, unlike tires which are above the surface. It's pretty simple physics, now if somebody that's been on a ship can tell me that they behave differently then regular boats, then I'll be more willing to believe the picture

Bbandit
02-08-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by 240racer
I'm going to have to say it's photo-chopped unless somebody can give me a good reason why it's rolling in the wrong direction. I've been around boats for a while and I've never been able to get them to roll the wrong way. Then again, I haven't been on or driven a aircraft carrier, but I doubt they are much different. The rudder is below the surface which causes the boat to lean into the turn, unlike tires which are above the surface. It's pretty simple physics, now if somebody that's been on a ship can tell me that they behave differently then regular boats, then I'll be more willing to believe the picture

naahh.. i think he got the wrong setups.. maybe he/she sets it up for grip.. instead he/she drifted it:D
hahahaha bad joke
i think its rolling that way because its heavy and the water friction makes it to roll that way
and probably its going full speed and turn it real hard to the left

240racer
02-08-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Bbandit
i think its rolling that way because its heavy and the water friction makes it to roll that way
and probably its going full speed and turn it real hard to the left

I don't mean to flame you, but have you been in a boat, they don't roll away from a turn like a car, they roll into it and it doesn't matter how fast you are going. Just think about it for a minute.

transient
02-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Hmm, you may be right. I think the definitive answer would come from seeing how much of the hull sits under the waterline on an aircraft carrier. That would make a big difference.

Bbandit
02-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 240racer
I don't mean to flame you, but have you been in a boat, they don't roll away from a turn like a car, they roll into it and it doesn't matter how fast you are going. Just think about it for a minute.

yes i get what you're saying.. i've been on a boat..
a speed boat but a speed boat almost floats all the time

I think the definitive answer would come from seeing how much of the hull sits under the waterline on an aircraft carrier. That would make a big difference.

and yes.. thats probably it
but what do i know? im not a sailor ;)

SHINCHU
02-09-2003, 02:00 AM
no that pic is not photoshopped.
i am on the carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) and that is for real. we just did that last week in fact i was thinking of posting pics of our ship doing that too! haha! well the reason it sways out of the turn (turn left, sway right) is that it is super TOP HEAVY. and the cook was probably hanging on to something. stuff goes flying all over the place when the ships do that. its part of a qualification for the rudders after being in the yards for a long time to make sure everything still works. its called high speed turns or rudder testing. ship is usually going 30 knotts when they do it. i have no idea what that is in MPH so dont ask. anyone have any questions? just post and i'll try to check back.

chris

96SEChick
02-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Shinchu180sx
no that pic is not photoshopped.
i am on the carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) and that is for real. we just did that last week in fact i was thinking of posting pics of our ship doing that too! haha! well the reason it sways out of the turn (turn left, sway right) is that it is super TOP HEAVY. and the cook was probably hanging on to something. stuff goes flying all over the place when the ships do that. its part of a qualification for the rudders after being in the yards for a long time to make sure everything still works. its called high speed turns or rudder testing. ship is usually going 30 knotts when they do it. i have no idea what that is in MPH so dont ask. anyone have any questions? just post and i'll try to check back.

chris

Thanks for clarifying that! It makes the pic even cooler when you know what they're trying to do!