PDA

View Full Version : PS3, Xbox360, PC

mr_240sx
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
whats better for online gaming and why?

which have less little kids playing?

what games for which platform should i buy?

Jimmy Up
11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Ive only had the 360 but there are TONS of anoying little kids on there all the time...

It makes for some shitty games

mr_240sx
11-13-2008, 10:54 AM
yeah i have 360 and well i wont lie i only play games online as i find palying against AI sucks and is always too easy and predictable.

360 was good up to about 4-5 months ago and now it seems like its always little kids screaming in hte mic.

is PS3 any better? how about PC games?

Agamemnon
11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm curious to know as well. I'm getting my girl a Wii and a PS3,. but dont know which model to get and how the online gaming works.

seesquared
11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I havent played ps3 or pc online that much but im sure all three have their fair share of little kids on them

I play a few games online with 360. The games i play have options to mute other players so if some little kid starts being annoying (which happens often) i just mute them. Or tell them they are adopted

mr_240sx
11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I HATE Wii!

N64 has the same if not better graffics. Wii is good for like 5 year old kids imho.

Dutchmalmiss
11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
For 360 I'm not sure what else is being released that's good after GOW2. PS3's is slowly but surely coming up. Definitely more mature gamers playing PS3 that's for sure, at least from my experience that is.

Get Littlebigplanet for PS3 if you decide on getting one. IT'S A MUST! haha

Agamemnon
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I HATE Wii!

N64 has the same if not better graffics. Wii is good for like 5 year old kids imho.

SHe could care less about the graphics. She's more interested in physical interaction and the fun factor.

240trainee
11-13-2008, 11:06 AM
I just bought a 360, mainly for the game availibility. PS3 would be cool, but for what I wanted, 360 fit pretty well.

Don't do much online mess, I'm not that good at video games. I just like playing sometimes.

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
For 360 I'm not sure what else is being released that's good after GOW2. PS3's is slowly but surely coming up. Definitely more mature gamers playing PS3 that's for sure, at least from my experience that is.

Get Littlebigplanet for PS3 if you decide on getting one. IT'S A MUST! haha

Left 4 Dead? :bigok:

But either way right now XBL is probably the best online gaming experience from a console at the moment. Besides the fact that you can always *Mute* the little kids or the gangstaz if you will. Plus with the XBL update coming next week, the party system will be pretty sweet (although i dont care much for the whole avatar Wii-ish crap).

PBucch
11-13-2008, 11:08 AM
if you have to get a console, 360 for online play hands down.

Xbox live is a fanatastic service.

PC honestly blows them both out of the water though, keyboard and mouse are the shit makes communicating a lot easier plus better gameplay, but its moer expenesive....

Dutchmalmiss
11-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Left 4 Dead? :bigok:

But either way right now XBL is probably the best online gaming experience from a console at the moment. Besides the fact that you can always *Mute* the little kids or the gangstaz if you will. Plus with the XBL update coming next week, the party system will be pretty sweet (although i dont care much for the whole avatar Wii-ish crap).

Agreed. The Live experience is thus far the most simple and fun interface to deal with. $50/year isn't bad (that's like $5 a month). But after Left 4 Dead, what else is there? Halo? COD5 isn't even as good as 4 (as far as reviews and friends opinions on the game). I'm just afraid the games lineup for the 360 isn't going to be as exciting as the upcoming PS3 games. PS3 still has Killzone 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, that have yet to come out.

I still have faith in the PS3, it's just going to take a while with their decision to not have a price cut on hardware yet.

!Zar!
11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
360 is easiest to hop online with and you'll always have people to play.

PC will have better, "feel" as long as your comp is up to par.

Ps3... last time I tried going online I wanted to stab myself in the face.

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 11:54 AM
In my opinion I would say PC is more of a adult scene I have some friends that play WoW and counterstrike sources and I rarely hear any lil kids.

I have always loved xbox360 I say there online is a lot better then ps3 a lot of people say its the other way around but one of the main reasons they say that is because there to cheap to buy the xbox live cards.

But when I had a ps3 and played online I always had horrible lag and it took so long to connect I was like F THIS and I just switched and started to play xbox

But it is true 360 does have alot of immature people on it and thats the downfall but whatever i always host matches and juswt kick the immature people out

innovation
11-13-2008, 12:00 PM
I have both. Both ps3 online and 360 online both have little kids. It basically comes down to what games you want to play and whether or not you want to pay to play online. For example:

PS3: Metal Gear Solid is out. Final Fantasy 13 is coming some day along with Gran Turismo.
360: Gears of War 2 just came out. Forza 2 is an awesome game as well.

So like I said, it just depends on what games you want to play

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Agreed. The Live experience is thus far the most simple and fun interface to deal with. $50/year isn't bad (that's like $5 a month). But after Left 4 Dead, what else is there? Halo? COD5 isn't even as good as 4 (as far as reviews and friends opinions on the game). I'm just afraid the games lineup for the 360 isn't going to be as exciting as the upcoming PS3 games. PS3 still has Killzone 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, that have yet to come out.

I still have faith in the PS3, it's just going to take a while with their decision to not have a price cut on hardware yet.

Don't be at all suprised if you see another Killzone 2 pushback =P. PS3 and 360 have very similar lineups as far as games go IMO. Xbox has Gears/Halo, PS3 has Metal Gear/Resistance. Most other games end up going multi-platform (ie Fallout 3, Madden and the like). But clearly if you plan on doing any type of online gaming XBox is the console. PS3 has alot of promise though with Home (which everybody has been waiting for since they previewed PS3). I think the only reason Xbox has so many immature kids (and adults) is because its so easy to pick up, sign on, and play. Compared the the PS3 experience, online is almost like a chore. And as others have stated unless your PC is up to date dont even waste your time buying new games.

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 12:13 PM
OMG i forgot about HOME lol that shit keep getting push back lol..But that is true it all depends on what kinda games are you looking to play but I would say PS3 does have more to offer sincei it has a built in BlueRay player and its does have a greater chance in the long run to knock 360 out.

Another thing Xbox360 is ready right out of the box to play online. PS3 require you to have a bluetooth headset or some form of a mic

HyperTek
11-13-2008, 12:18 PM
pay monthly to play on xbox live? thats a lil much
PS3 is good
PC is great *esp racing simulations* VirtualR - Sim Racing News (http://www.virtualr.net/)
I play Rfactor online, been playing alot of Steam /Source games lately.. Less kids play PC because kids wont know how to set up a pc game *it takes some pc knowledge to get the most of of pc gaming *setting up graphics, proper soundcard/sound system and monitor*.

But as far as actually getting to play against friends, console .. most of my friends have PS3 so its easy to jump into GTA4 and have a battle or something.

Alot of members here have 360, so if you want to play with your friends etc.. id go with the system that most my friends have.

I dont really like cross platform games, but there are exceptions to some.. Usually they have to be a little simplified/dumbed down for console.

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 12:25 PM
pay monthly to play on xbox live? thats a lil much
PS3 is good
PC is great *esp racing simulations* VirtualR - Sim Racing News (http://www.virtualr.net/)
I play Rfactor online, been playing alot of Steam /Source games lately..

Like most things in life you get what you pay for. Similar to PC games like WoW, paying for XBL is paying for them to maintain game servers and ensure GOOD connections. PS3 on the otherhand has ALOT of issues with connectivity, where XBL the issues are not so often. I believe XBL comes out to something like $4.xx per month. Don't eat god damn McDonalds one day and bam your set for a month :)

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
^^^HELL YEAH LOL THANK YOU..Every time I tell people that they give me all this bullshit that ps3 online is better then xbox I just tell them there to cheap to pay for the card

HyperTek
11-13-2008, 12:32 PM
i didnt know it was that cheap

i got a ps3 with a 250gb hd.. from what i know, system updates every soo often as well as game patches.. Does 360 have that as well? curious how the none-hd system handles that?

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Don't get me wrong I think PS3 clearly has some hardware advantages over XBox, but if you wanna play online seriously Xbox is the only option. This is gonna be the geek in me comming out but MLG pretty much only pushes big name multiplayer games on Xbox/PC for the sole issue of connectivity.

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 12:39 PM

i got a ps3 with a 250gb hd.. from what i know, system updates every soo often as well as game patches.. Does 360 have that as well? curious how the none-hd system handles that?

*edit* I forgot to ask, do you really need 250gb of HD?! I have 80gb and have a tough time maxing it out

What do you mean None-HD systems? Xbox's all have harddrives (granted some largers than others). And if i need more room I can always attach one via USB to the front or rear of the unit. I can disconnect mine, take it to my friends house and use my save files, music, movies, DLC on his Box. Particularly the main reason I selected the 360 originally because of the ability to easily stream content from my PC to my Box and the HD TV, whether it be music or movies. Downloadable content is another selling point IMO when it comes to current gaming. Lastly the ability to develope new content, XBOX has created programs with the XBL marketplace for people to create games and have them downloaded and played over the XBox network. I think that in itself is pretty damn awesome.

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 12:40 PM

WTF did you mod your ps3 to get it to have that much memory because i know that the ps3 hasn't released it to go that high

and that's another thing all those patches and updates on the ps3 eat up a lot of memory and i mean A LOT I had the 40gig ps3 and after about 8 games I almost filled it all up

The xbox360 that doesn't have the hd is not compatiable to be played online you need a hd to play online and yes every so offten they come out with updates and patches

Don't get me wrong I think PS3 clearly has some hardware advantages over XBox, but if you wanna play online seriously Xbox is the only option. This is gonna be the geek in me comming out but MLG pretty much only pushes big name multiplayer games on Xbox/PC for the sole issue of connectivity.

SO TRUE i couldn't have said it better my self

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 12:42 PM
*edit* I forgot to ask, do you really need 250gb of HD?! I have 80gb and have a tough time maxing it out

What do you mean None-HD systems? Xbox's all have harddrives (granted some largers than others). And if i need more room I can always attach one via USB to the front or rear of the unit. I can disconnect mine, take it to my friends house and use my save files, music, movies, DLC on his Box. Particularly the main reason I selected the 360 originally because of the ability to easily stream content from my PC to my Box and the HD TV, whether it be music or movies. Downloadable content is another selling point IMO when it comes to current gaming. Lastly the ability to develope new content, XBOX has created programs with the XBL marketplace for people to create games and have them downloaded and played over the XBox network. I think that in itself is pretty damn awesome.

I think he meant the arcade 360 the one that's selling for $199 it doesn't come with a hardrive

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 12:43 PM
OH! I totally forgot about that haha, and lets not even start to compare pricing between the consoles =P

HyperTek
11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
bought a 250gb hdd on ebay for $60 bucks.. i have a 40gb ps3 *gift from my pops*... copy avi vids , music, all kinds of crap on it and not worry about future game installments.. it maybe overkill now. but eventually will come in handy.. I had a 120gb hd in my ps2 maxed out wiht games on it ... maybe someday the ps3 hacks will happen.

Sadly my ps3 model cant play ps2 games *i rock my ps3 on my lcd monitor in my bedroom/no analog tv in my room so i dont play ps2 anymore but there are a few RPGS i would like to finish*

There is different PS3 models you need to look for.. The 20gb model doesnt have wifi (they discontinued it i think), 40gb has wifi but no ps2 compatibility.. 60 and 80gb both have wifi and also more USB ports and sd card readers etc *useless imo*.

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 12:46 PM
OH! I totally forgot about that haha, and lets not even start to compare pricing between the consoles =P

OMG I know lol and I still cant believe that people on craigslist would sell a 40 or 60 gig ps3 for like 20 bucks cheaper then a brand new 80gig IM LIKE WTF

and I do a search for a 360 and I can find them for like 150 lol hd and everything lol

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
bought a 250gb hdd on ebay for $60 bucks.. i have a 40gb ps3 *gift from my pops*... copy avi vids , music, all kinds of crap on it and not worry about future game installments.. it maybe overkill now. but eventually will come in handy.. I had a 120gb hd in my ps2 maxed out wiht games on it ... maybe someday the ps3 hacks will happen.

Sadly my ps3 model cant play ps2 games *i rock my ps3 on my lcd monitor in my bedroom/no analog tv in my room so i dont play ps2 anymore but there are a few RPGS i would like to finish*

That's another thing the new 80gig system WONT have playback only the 120 and i think 160 gig ps3 will. And since they discontented the older models you have two choices buy a used older model or pay the ridicules price for the next ps3

Dutchmalmiss
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
My 80GB has backwards compatibility. The only diff between the 80GB and the 60GB is that the 80GB has it via software and I guess the 60GB has it via hardware? Yeah I asked for a 250GB laptop harddrive for christmas so yay for me.

This is how it is for me right now: I play all my online FPS and sports games on my 360, everything else (metal gear, GTA, LBP) is PS3.

HyperTek
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
some of the older 360 dont have HDMI right??

I thought i could buy a 3 red ringed ps3 on ebay for cheap and just rip it apart and fix it
but from what i understand, the live account is tied to that console right? meaning if someone fucked around adn got banned, it would always be that system that is banned right?

Dutchmalmiss
11-13-2008, 01:03 PM
but from what i understand, the live account is tied to that console right? meaning if someone fucked around adn got banned, it would always be that system that is banned right?

Now that I'm not sure about. My friend has had his modded for almost 2 years undetected now, but with the major fall update coming next week, he's kind of shitting bricks. But if his console doesn't get bricked after that update, I'll be modding mine too. BURNED 360 GAMES FTW. $60 GAMES FTL.

HyperTek
11-13-2008, 01:08 PM
^awww man then people will loose jobs, go out of business etc.. hahah *i know what u mean tho * hahah
thats why i do want to pick up a 360 eventually

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 01:19 PM
My 80GB has backwards compatibility. The only diff between the 80GB and the 60GB is that the 80GB has it via software and I guess the 60GB has it via hardware? Yeah I asked for a 250GB laptop harddrive for christmas so yay for me.

This is how it is for me right now: I play all my online FPS and sports games on my 360, everything else (metal gear, GTA, LBP) is PS3.

No the NEWER 80gig the ones that just came out when the price drop are the ones that don't have playback i believe there the one in the white box

I thought i could buy a 3 red ringed ps3 on ebay for cheap and just rip it apart and fix it

Yep the older 360 dont have hdmi but you can go to gamestop and get the hdmi converter which works just as good. Yes if someone got there 360 banned from xbox live then that system cant be used to play online no mater what you do. With the new update that suppose to change the who dashboard on the 360 its going to detect those modded xbox and band them. I aswell had a modded xbox and it worked great never got banned or anything just one big issue was I keep getting the RROD so i had to open it up and heat up some stupid thing thats inside

Sleepy240
11-13-2008, 01:21 PM

Typically the only systems that suffered the fated RROD where launch boxs. However Microsoft did the right thing (hard to freaking believe) and extended the warranties on launch boxs to cover the problems. You call them they ship you a box, you package it up and they either fix your box or send you a replacement complete with warranty. This is one of the main reasons I said before that PS3 has some serious hardware advantages (however PS3 still has their own issues). You have to do some really shady stuff to get banned from XBL. The most common reason is your actual account name (people can report you), at which point microsoft lets you change it to meet its guidelines. I personally have 2 360's, one for XBL and serious play, and a modded 360 for all the games that I don't really wanna buy etc.

ClutchKickThatBitch
11-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Typically the only systems that suffered the fated RROD where launch boxs. However Microsoft did the right thing (hard to freaking believe) and extended the warranties on launch boxs to cover the problems. You call them they ship you a box, you package it up and they either fix your box or send you a replacement complete with warranty. This is one of the main reasons I said before that PS3 has some serious hardware advantages (however PS3 still has their own issues). You have to do some really shady stuff to get banned from XBL. The most common reason is your actual account name (people can report you), at which point microsoft lets you change it to meet its guidelines. I personally have 2 360's, one for XBL and serious play, and a modded 360 for all the games that I don't really wanna buy etc.

HAHAHA my friend I have the same thing lol one 360 for playing online and one for my modded games lol

But yeah for the most part you might get banned for about 3-5 days from xbl

SochBAT
11-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Our box is modded, and we play on live fine.

FreeGames FTW!

*I mean back up copies.*

mr_240sx
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
im just afraid to get in shit with modded box. so i paly legit.

SimpleS14
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
To the OP - This is really dependent on personal preference. I have a PS3, so of course I'm going to be bias. There will always be little kids playing online. You do have to opinion (in some games) to mute their mics, kick them out of your lobby or go to another lobby.

aznpoopy
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
it's not just launch boxes. i got a 360 last year and it rrod'd on me. got another under warranty. hope it holds up.

whoever said it depends on the games you want to play is spot on. why does it have to be one or the other? i got a 360 when halo3 came out, because i wanted to play it. when mgs4 came out i got a ps3.

JRas
11-13-2008, 04:27 PM
whats better for online gaming and why?

which have less little kids playing?

what games for which platform should i buy?

I prefer PC for most

PC has less kids, compared to Xbox 360, not sure on PS3

Xbox 360 is a good platform, but I play all FPS on my PC

HyperTek
11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
i always been a PS fanboy since 97 when i traded my N64 to my bro for his PS.. so i always stuck with em... Im gonna be more brand loyal to sony. I dont have a PSP, but i wouldnt mind getting one eventually.. you can dl content via ps3 for it.

Can someone PM me whats required to play 360 back ups?

PS3 might be able to potentially pack more content into a game since its blue ray game discs *40+gb*, compared to dvd *4-8gb limit*