PDA

View Full Version : stock engine mount trouble HELP!

240sxvaj
11-13-2008, 02:11 AM
alright so i got into a little trouble when i was trying to take out my stock engine mount.

i strip the screws that was on the engine mounts and now i dont know what else to do besides cutting it but then was too afraid because i might mess up my frame since it was on so tight.

has anyone ran through this problem before?

what should i do now?

HELP! :naw: :wtc:

projectRDM
11-13-2008, 07:27 AM
There are no screws on the engine mount.

If the nut is stripped, cut it off, you don't have any other choice. Next time get a swivel socket like discussed on here a million times, that lower nut always strip if removed improperly.

240sxvaj
11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
There are no screws on the engine mount.

If the nut is stripped, cut it off, you don't have any other choice. Next time get a swivel socket like discussed on here a million times, that lower nut always strip if removed improperly.

oops! yea i meant nut mybad.
i havent tried to cut the nut from the bottom because it looks too tight under there. should i try the top?

thanks

MrFairlady
11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
yes that is def a weekend Killer.
My buddy did that and advised me when I did my swap to just always take that side off from the top.
Granted I have Sxwivel sockets now,..but didn't @ the time of my swap.

Good luck sir,....My Buddy is in my brain right now echo'ing - "Beeeeee Carefull,..carefull,carefull"

japslapsilvia
11-13-2008, 12:39 PM
just take a sazall, put it between the motor mount and crossmember and cut that shit out. i've done it a few times like that.

240sxvaj
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
just take a sazall, put it between the motor mount and crossmember and cut that shit out. i've done it a few times like that.

wouldnt that cut my frame a little?

the motor mount is pissing me off

Sileighty_85
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
try these then if your worried

Craftsman 10 pc. Damaged Bolt/Nut Remover Set, Low Profile Bolt-Out - Model 52166 at Sears.com (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952166000P)

Good luck sir,....My Buddy is in my brain right now echo'ing - "Beeeeee Carefull,..carefull,carefull"

Mine is a Leprechaun that tell me to start fires. lol

Ineedparts
11-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I had the axact same problem!! I know how frustrated you must be. I went to auto-zone and picked up a set of sockets that are to be used with stripped nuts. Each socket has a spiral with shard edges, like the barrol of a gun but it gets smaller, it will bite onto the nut and you can finally get it off. They come in a blue box with yellow writing, I cant remember the name of the company who makes them but they are a great invention.

Good luck!!

japslapsilvia
11-13-2008, 05:05 PM
wouldnt that cut my frame a little?

the motor mount is pissing me off

no when u put the blade in u can angle it towards the mount and it will only remove a little paint from the cross member. depending on how stripped the nut is. this will be the easiest way to remove it.

CoreyD
11-15-2008, 07:34 AM
It seems as everyone has had this problem. I even used a swivel. But mine was rusted like a mofo. anyway, just cut it.

240sxvaj
11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
alright so i got that peice of shit motor mount out. :squintd: :hsdance:
now its just engine bay clean up and then motor install

thanks for all the help guys!