PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Europe this Summer and..(Serious)

Rabbi010
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
This summer, a couple of friends and I are going to backpack across Europe for 3-4 weeks. We'll just go to the big cities as this is our first time; London, Amsterdam, Rome, Barcelona, Paris and Berlin.

That's not the point of this thread. What I was wondering is if there was a way that I could rent a Lamborghini or Ferrari for a day. That would make this trip so worth while.

P.S. I'm 19 and not rich. Does anybody know anything about this? Thank you.

Rey of Spots
11-11-2008, 04:21 PM
What I was wondering is if there was a way that I could rent a Lamborghini or Ferrari for a day. That would make this trip so worth while.

P.S. I'm 19 and not rich. Does anybody know anything about this? Thank you.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroavatar/192549

/thread.

azndoc
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Ummmm you don't have to go to Europe to do that.

I think it might be cheaper here to do that instead.

Usually I think it's about $2k for a few hours.

Perhaps you should save your money for the trip and use the money for more worth while activities.

It's just a car.

Quail
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
You can hire an exotic anywhere, but you pay for the privledge. You pay a lot.

You could definitely have more fun with the money. Over here in the UK we do a lot of track days where you get to drive a Ferrari/Lambo/Whatever. They don't cost too much; think they're called Red Letter Days. This would be much cheaper than hiring one on the road. Plus you get proper track tuition

UfoZ8myCow
11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Im pretty sure nobody in their right mind would rent an exotic to a 19 year old foreigner... Not unless you want to pay out your ass for the rental and insurance. Not to mention that if you get pulled over, a lot of countries wont recognize your US of A driver's license. More hassle than its all worth.

In all, youll easily spend like $2-3k depending on what exotic you want. Stupid. Way better off spending that money on booze, tours, hotels, etc. Remember, the drinking age in Europe is 18.

mRclARK1
11-11-2008, 04:43 PM
At 19 no company will allow you to be insured to rent the car. Most of the time it's a 21+ minimum.

I'm 23 and in most places in Latin America they wouldn't rent me any car, let alone a Ferrari etc.

Probably not gonna happen. Have a fun trip.

Rey of Spots
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
So you want to rent an exotic, in the hopes to impress the ladies,
but then they're only going to find out you're poor anyways. :(

ROUGE180
11-11-2008, 04:56 PM
You can rent a Ferrari F430 in NY for $1450 per day. Maybe if your dad rented if for you in his name, then just maybe that could happen. Save the coin and just have a kick ass holiday. Since you're going to Germany why not take a lap in the Nurburgring M5 taxi? I hear you have to book sometime in advance though. Much cheaper and way more kick ass... unless. its the F430 on the Nurburgring.. but then again no one would let you drive it lol

Rabbi010
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
So you want to rent an exotic, in the hopes to impress the ladies,
but then they're only going to find out you're poor anyways. :(

?? I never said I wanted to impress the ladies. I just want to drive it. I guess that's not going to happen though. Quail, do you think that you can send a link from your track days? Thanks

Quail
11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Ferrari Driving Experience | Drive A Lamborghini | Rally Car Day (http://www.drivingexperiences.co.uk/)

:)