PDA

View Full Version : What does your screen-name mean???

coolerow2
02-03-2003, 06:33 PM
"COOLEROW" sounds like CULERO which means jacka$$ or a$$hole in spanish.

now you know....anyone else?

Jeff240sx
02-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi. I'm Jeff, and my car is a 240sx.
-Jeff

huevos
02-03-2003, 06:41 PM
eggs

96SEChick
02-03-2003, 06:48 PM
coolerow--good topic (should it be in off-topic chat though?)--I was thinking about doing this over the weekend. It's been a LONG time since we've done this one!

My name: my car is a 96 SE and I'm a Chick

Bomix
02-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Bomex/Bomix

Ripoff.. well..couldn't think of anything else at the time..

:D

TheTimanator
02-03-2003, 07:18 PM
<----- My name is Tim :D A good friend of mine called me all these differen't names....timbo, timmy, timanator, etc.

MikeFD3S
02-03-2003, 07:20 PM
coolerow, j00 are t3h l33t spAmmaRz0rz ( ^A^)p

My name is Mike, I have an FD3S

SR240DET
02-03-2003, 07:21 PM
im a poser.. only for the rest of this month...... SR powered 240 det goes with the sr part.... if you dun like it.. you can have a talk with my panda...
<--------------------------------------------(genma)

Jeff240sx
02-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 96SEChick
coolerow--good topic (should it be in off-topic chat though?)--I was thinking about doing this over the weekend. It's been a LONG time since we've done this one!

My name: my car is a 96 SE and I'm a Chick
Good call... didn't even notice. Thanks!
-Jeff

Eternal_240Sx
02-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Eternal = Forever
240sx = my car :D

91blk240
02-03-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what mine means :p

KiDyNomiTe
02-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Someone a while ago put it the best
I watched too many Good Times reruns

but seriously, good times is a good ass show :D , plus I wil forever be a kid. Also my mommy told me big things come in small packages (like when I was really little) So dynamite fits that well.

Tyler Durdan
02-03-2003, 08:01 PM
If you can't figure mine out, you haven't seen the movie. And I might punch your face in for that...:eek: .

Mark...who's serious about punching your face in for not seeing the movie...:D

91blk240
02-03-2003, 08:04 PM
but seriously, good times is a good ass show

man, i use to watch that show everyday after school. i think they still show it during the day sometimes

KiDyNomiTe
02-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Tyler Durdan
If you can't figure mine out, you haven't seen the movie. And I might punch your face in for that...:eek: .

Mark...who's serious about punching your face in for not seeing the movie...:D

What movie?

You forgot Rule #1

i oughta punch you in the face.

-E-
02-03-2003, 08:24 PM
"E" is for my name Elie (E-Lee) My friends just call me E :p"ONE" is for that Im the only one with the name Elie on my block and in school, "914 " is for the are code that I use to live in.

Natty
02-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Hi. I'm Jeff, and my car is a 240sx.
-Jeff
That was going to be my user name on AIM, but it was taken. I bet you have it :p
So I went with TwoFortyJeff

I forgot what Natty means. NOt the cheap beer though :mad:
Jeff

whateverjames
02-03-2003, 08:52 PM
just some phrase some girl i knew used to say all the time. it was actually, "Ok, whatever James."

AutoDestruct
02-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Because I destroy cars. I'm a driver at a buisness rental car lot type operation. It's phat, I have already gotten a chance to "drift" a new Q45 in the snow. I wouldn't destroy that though. We do a lot of rubbing and bumping when where trying to get cars out of the rows however. I mean alot. Hence the name AutoDestruct.
:D
Drove a spec V for the first time today!

Bbandit
02-03-2003, 09:10 PM
bbandit is what i called my old ls/vtec powered integra (color is black)
bbandit = black bandit
so thats just a name i gave to my old integra
i cant think of a new nickname for my coupe so i registered here as bbandit too
lol

thelinja
02-03-2003, 09:19 PM
my name : Jason Lindsey + the

91CRXsiR
02-03-2003, 09:43 PM
91CRXsiR = SN ive had since 1998

Potatoskins02
02-03-2003, 09:53 PM
you know what i really don't know.... i think it had to do with UNO's or TGI fridays with one of their menu items... probably the only thing I could think of at the time.

KiDyNomiTe
02-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Potatoskins02
you know what i really don't know.... i think it had to do with UNO's or TGI fridays with one of their menu items... probably the only thing I could think of at the time.

its TGIFridays, and potato skins are real good, they sell em at dominicks :D

my name : Jason Lindsey + the

You shoudl become a rapper and call yourself Ja-Lin :p

silnv
02-03-2003, 10:22 PM
sil- silvia nv-envy I was thinkin bout making my hatch into a sileighty and never did. Still have the parts though.

Sniper-X
02-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Sniper = I used to shoot competitively when I was younger and won in many individual and team competitions. I still shoot for recreation.

X = my friend used to refer to me as the "X" factor because whenever I was around unlikely things would happen. I think it was just his imagination. Plus I like the letter "X". it's myserious, like Racer X from speedracer.

Sooo...Sniper-X it is.

Jeff240sx
02-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Natty
That was going to be my user name on AIM, but it was taken. I bet you have it :p
So I went with TwoFortyJeff

I forgot what Natty means. NOt the cheap beer though :mad:
Jeff
No Natty Ice?
Anyway... I have the AIM name Jeff240sx, but I seem to have forgotten the password. If you can figure it out, you can have it. I'm using Sleek S14 now.
-Jeff

SimpleS14
02-03-2003, 10:50 PM
There are two Nissans that I like, but were never sold in the US. Those are the R34 Skyline GT-R and the S15 Silvia Aero SpecR. So I just combined the two and came up with GT specR.

xS1LV1Ax
02-03-2003, 10:57 PM
Ummm......how can i expain????

....U all can figure it out.:D

kurissuS13
02-03-2003, 10:59 PM
kurissu cuz everyone in my japanese class was obligated to speak in japanese. the only damn thing close enough to chris. then the damn thing got stuck in my head. ...bah...

S13 cuz that's what i drive.

TurboFC3C
02-04-2003, 12:12 AM
TurboFC3C= Turbocharged 88-91 Mazda RX-7 Convertible.

An FC3S is the hardtop hatchback version.

Incidentally, the Convertibles in Japan came turbocharged.
Not true here in the good Ol' US of A. Mine was converted to be "stock" like in Japan, kinda the same for you guys and SR20DET's and CA's.

240racer
02-04-2003, 12:34 AM
I picked it in the begining because I got the 240 to build as a race car, however, I think it's cheesy now and would probably switch it if given the chance. It looks as though west may be figuring out how to do that any minute now.

chokudoriS13
02-04-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by kurissuS13
kurissu cuz everyone in my japanese class was obligated to speak in japanese. the only damn thing close enough to chris. then the damn thing got stuck in my head. ...bah...

S13 cuz that's what i drive.

Ha! When I found out your name was Chris, I realized what your SN meant. And now I know I was right :D.

Mine.. Well, chokudori as in the drift maneuver where your rear end sways side to side as the car moves straight (or at least that is what I think it means :p ), and S13 because I have one.

HippoSleek
02-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Back in the day, before JDM-whoring became a way of life, a respectable car magazine (iirc, C&D), did an article on the TAS. They included a series of captions taken from car graphics that were straight off of Engrish.com. Some were team names and others were parts companies. I thought HippoSleek was a funny oxymoron with a hilarious slogan (I can't recall exactly, something like ~"It is better b/c no one can best it." I also thought it was a race or drift team name. Once I sold my old Si, I lost my old handle and adopted HS.

A few months later, I found out they make body kitz, yo. I think I would change handles - especially if those kits got any more popular. I run the stockest car you ever did see.

negular
02-04-2003, 07:58 AM
negular kinda looks like "regular" if you write the 'r' all fuucked up. I saw regular written somewhere and thought it said negular, and adopted it as my SN.

My name doesnt make much sense, just like most of my posts.

ca18guy
02-04-2003, 08:36 AM
I have a ca18det and I just so happen to be a guy. I hope you can figure out how I came up with the SN :o

uiuc240
02-04-2003, 08:53 AM
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is where I'm going to school (done with Master's in May wuut wuut) and living, and yes, magically, I too have a 240. I'm not really sure why I didn't pick something more interesting, but then again, neither did most of you :p

Eric

Steeles
02-04-2003, 10:33 AM
ummm back in like 95 on a Wu Tang CD, RZA dubbed himself Bobby Steeles on a Raekwon track.... I used to walk around work singing that verse so some of the guys in the warehouse started calling me steeles... when I started DJing I needed a name and thats what they suggested. I used it and then started using it as my login name on stuff and eventually when I started getting on to BB I naturally used it and its followed me everywhere. it might even end up on my license tag

hookedup240
02-04-2003, 11:07 AM
I drive a 240 and its hooked up, that's how i got my name.

AKADriver
02-04-2003, 11:16 AM
It's a song title. The story, as told by the artists:

"We're afraid of getting sued because it mentions a product name. We can't print the word NyQuil on the record, so we had to call the song something else besides "NyQuil Driver". But we can say it in the song all we want, we're just not allowed to [print it on the record]. We didn't want to get sued. . . I don't even know why NyQuil would be upset. Is it that we are suggesting that there is something wrong with their product? Or, is it that we would be stealing their customers away by getting them to buy records instead of cold medicine?"

I just picked it at random back in my IRC days... I needed a 9 character (or less) handle, the CD was in front of me (They Might Be Giants' "John Henry") and "AKA Driver" was exactly 9 characters with the space removed. I very nearly named myself StompBox (another song from that album).

Before that I had used the names "compwerd" (a wall texture from Doom 2; I was into making my own maps) and "Yezid" which was a name I picked at random out of a history reference book.

nrcooled
02-04-2003, 12:20 PM
If you guys (and gals) can't figure out what the hell my SN means then by all means proceed to punching yourself "squa n da nuts":eek:

I thought it was so damn clever when I first signed up but then it turned to subtle disapointment in my lack of creativity:(

Foxcolt
02-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Foxcolt:

Colt from 3 ninja's back in the day. My best friend was rocky and I was colt.

in the early days of bbs's and aol 1.O I got the screen name Colt and Colt45 banned from aol for life. So I adopted Foxcolt:D

I don't know if this'll still happen but if you try and start a user name on aol with foxcolt in it it'll give you an error saying that user name is permanantly banned.:eek:

bbp
02-04-2003, 01:18 PM
mine came from my days of playing Quake3 nonstop for months. i was trying to think of a relatively offensive, original name to call myself. one day i was taking a **** in between games and i noticed a big black pubic hair on the rim of the ****ter, and I thought "thats a nasty big black pube!" so thats where it started.

I started gaming under the bigblackpube name, but people started thinking it was a racial thing (which it wasn't) and decided to shorten it down to initials bbp.

So there you have it!:D :D

RedSuns
02-04-2003, 02:30 PM
well when i first signed up i had this PURE HATRED for civics.......so that is where that came from.....i just hope you guys don't think i am some ricer for typing "civic" LiKe ThIs.....i had no idea that typing LiKe ThAt would evolve in to the "OFFICIAL" rice language......

West
02-04-2003, 02:37 PM
Mine has no meaning. I chose it back back in 93 when I was a L33t AOL 1.0 HaX0r. hehe, guess it kind of stuck with me.

Although it is my last name :p

Brian
02-04-2003, 05:46 PM
on my signal auto gloves it says "yes, we promise!" fun name.

mrmephistopheles
02-04-2003, 07:22 PM
originally mephistopheles from circa '93 in my BBSing days. It's a pseudonym for Satan, and I used it to ward off religious types (at least those who were smart enough to know what it meant). It later changed to (V)r(V)ephistopheles in my Ninternet chatroom days. (96-97ish). It's been that way ever since. I'd change it, but it'd be way too much of a hassle.

Kevin

boro240
02-04-2003, 09:22 PM
boro is like japanese slang for old/run down/beat up, and its a 240.

SaintlyCharBoy
02-04-2003, 10:02 PM
welll... mine is my name pumped through an old ass wu tang clan random name generator ;)

mrmephistopheles
02-04-2003, 10:28 PM
i never thought Detective Ventriloquist was a good username

http://www.recordstore.com/cgi-bin/wuname/wuname.pl

mrmephistopheles
02-04-2003, 10:40 PM
http://www.brunching.com/cybimages/K/cyb-KEVIN.gif
I'm rather fond of the Cyborger, though.
http://www.brunching.com/cyborger.html

240Driver39
02-05-2003, 04:53 PM
yeah....i drive a 240sx....and 39 is just a number i use for everything, creative i know

whateverjames
02-05-2003, 06:42 PM
http://www.brunching.com/cybimages/J/cyb-JAMES.gif
i'm journeying. and i'm an artificial machine, meaning i'm not even up to 'machine' status, but i am merely an artificial machine. not official. but you can count on one thing, i'm engineered for sabatoge and i believe that's a good characteristic. :D

my whole screen name wouldn't fit
http://www.brunching.com/cybimages/W/cyb-WHATEVERJIM.gif
here, i'm a normal worker who's reverse engineered to be an assassin who searches the land for my victims and will inflitrate your home and repair any problems (with everyday electronics) you may be experiencing. all of this will be justified and in case you forgot, i am a machine.

bbp
02-05-2003, 07:06 PM
oooooooookkaaaaaayyyy...... james, your scaring me now......:p

96SEChick
02-05-2003, 07:37 PM
I created a new thread for the Wu-Name and Cyborg Name topic. That way, this thread can stay strictly "What does your screen-name mean???"--its original subject. Here's the thread:

What's your Wu-Name and Cyborg Name? (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&postid=191791#post191791)

Thank you and have a great evening!! :D

vg30s12
02-06-2003, 08:17 AM
self-explanatory. (see sig.)

midnights14
02-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Well....my friend was supposed to revive his car club out in Ontario, CA which he stopped for awhile; it was called "Team Midnight Club" and he supposedly had lots of cars in it. But he never revived it....S14 stands for my size underwear....:)

REVLIMIT
02-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Back in the days when this old game Racing Lagoon came out there was a team in it called "over revlimit" I thought that was a cool name except that the over part sounded kinda stuipd...so I just chose REVLIMIT instead. Kinda funny though...my car has no revlimiter O_o so I guess I'm the revlimiter of the car

s14vaxlr8
02-06-2003, 06:54 PM
s14
va-virginia
xlr8-the cool way to write that right??:rolleyes: