PDA

View Full Version : another question for 2 way owners..

chadca18s13
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
hey i just put a new 2 way kaaz lsd in my s13 and i was wondering if anyone could give me a little piece of mind haha

i know that 2ways are supposed to be noisey as shit when turning and its not a big deal, but this still doesnt seem to make me feel confident when its happening..haha so my question is since they are supposed to be noisey, what kind of noises/vibrations are abnormal? im assuming that if it was totally funked it would be noisey while driving straight aswell?

i know this is a dumb question but id rather get input from other drivers then the kaaz site n that shit.

thanks

rsibley22
12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
i have a kaaz 2 way and its super noisy lots of diff whine when im going straight and it only clunks around right turns though i think the guy i bought the car from didn't break it in right though pressure plates probly wore wrong

g6civcx
12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Did you break in as per the manufacturer's recommendation? Did you change the oil?

If so, give it 5,000 miles then check back.

SoSideways
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
i have a kaaz 2 way and its super noisy lots of diff whine when im going straight and it only clunks around right turns though i think the guy i bought the car from didn't break it in right though pressure plates probly wore wrong

Gear whine from going straight means someone fucked up the ring & pinion install in your diff.

Get it fixed ASAP or else your gears might bind and break prematurely.

jakerps13
12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Gear whine from going straight means someone fucked up the ring & pinion install in your diff.

Correct.

A Kaaz should be quiet while going straight by design. For 2 way you'll notice locking and unlocking dependent on how hard you accell or decel. The harder you accelerate or decelerate from a corner the more noise it will make. Also, depending on if your car is completely gutted, subframe mounts, suspension mounts, tire size, diff condition, etc it can all vary greatly.