PDA

View Full Version : ebay scam help

dirtdiggler666
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
ok here is the deal my sister bought something off ebay custom bedding for her baby girl and boy. i guess you bid on it then she custom makes it and it takes a few weeks. well the lady took a little over a grand and my sister was being nice untell she stoped replying to emails. this all took place in the month of july she called paypal and they would not do shit.

any ideas on what to do?

brndck
11-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Um call your credit card company and refute the charges. If it was a payment from a bank account then contact your banks fraud dept.

racer98
11-07-2008, 09:36 PM
ok here is the deal my sister bought something off ebay custom bedding for her baby girl and boy. i guess you bid on it then she custom makes it and it takes a few weeks. well the lady took a little over a grand and my sister was being nice untell she stoped replying to emails. this all took place in the month of july she called paypal and they would not do shit.

any ideas on what to do?

Go to ebay - chat live help - get the e-bay link and auction # - report it to them asap - next contact pay pal and or credit card company asap as well dispute the charges.

Um call your credit card company and refute the charges. If it was a payment from a bank account then contact your banks fraud dept.

+1

dirtdiggler666
11-07-2008, 09:40 PM
it was paid with a wellsfargo cc thru paypal

CrimsonRockett
11-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Credit Card = dispute.

The good thing about CC's is all the protection they have.

Call Wells Fargo.

I bank with them and they've been great with me.

They'll be able to help you out.

Matej
11-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Leave her negative feedback.

That'll show her.

racer98
11-07-2008, 09:55 PM
it was paid with a wellsfargo cc thru paypal

asap have her call now and file a dispute right away - provide a letter and e-mail it to wells fargo asap showing the item bought nothing recived and if the seller pulls some bs saying it was shipped and there is no record of it thru pay pal then the seller is playing games. :axe:

Leave her negative feedback.

That'll show her.

best to wait things out and get the refund his family member needs, sending negative feed back on one of these sellers just makes them fight out the charge back. But as for the disputing the charges - do that right away !

Credit Card = dispute.

The good thing about CC's is all the protection they have.

Call Wells Fargo.

I bank with them and they've been great with me.

They'll be able to help you out.

+1

handinpants
11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Dispute it with the card company, reason for the dispute is services not provided / goods not delivered, and seller is not responding to inquiries.
I have handled many chargeback disputes at my last job, and when customer puts that reason on a dispute we would always lose, also google visa merchant handbook and read through the charge bck section

ayuaddict
11-08-2008, 12:05 AM
best to wait things out and get the refund his family member needs, sending negative feed back on one of these sellers just makes them fight out the charge back. But as for the disputing the charges - do that right away !

why is it that nobody on this forum understands that everything matej says is not supposed to be taken seriously?

dirtdiggler666
11-08-2008, 10:41 AM
thanks so much guys for all the help

i just told her what she should do

HyperTek
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
how did this lady just take 1k? lol paypal you have to hit confirm, unless she hit it twice.. my mom did that and the person was cool enough to refund one of them, even to i had to tell my mom of the mistake she did was probably her clicking it twice.

dirtdiggler666
11-08-2008, 11:26 AM
no no my sister sent you 1g and the lady never sent the goods