PDA

View Full Version : King of the Hill Cancelled :(

xtheenderx
11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
My favorite show is being cancelled on Fox. As part of Fox's new line up on animation domination they're cancelling King of the Hill for The Cleveland Show (a spin-off of Cleveland Brown from Family Guy). They're also promoting more on the revised American Dad so The Simpsons is the only non-Seth Macfarlane show. Rumors have it that ABC will be taking King of the Hill.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jacobeatscake/hank-hill.jpg

MikeisNissan
11-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah I really liked that show, way better than Family Guy :(
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/mikeisnissan/bio_img_bill.gif

BustedS13
11-07-2008, 06:24 PM
well that's good, because ABC has nothing worth mentioning. it should be their most watched show, and safe for eternity.

i fucking hate family guy 1 2 and 3. and i haven't even seen family guy 3 yet.

DALAZ_68
11-07-2008, 06:26 PM
i thought American dad would get canclled....that show sucks...

Mi Beardo es Loco
11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
ahh ahhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and boom goes the dynamite.

MikeisNissan
11-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes A-Dad does suck. I need more Futurama..

Matej
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
They're still signed for about 13 new episodes that they're supposed to air throughout 2009.

Someone needs to slap McFarlane for running Family Guy into the ground, it used to be such a great show.

Although I have to admit the more recent episodes of King of the Hill haven't been that great either.

The first few seasons of every show are always the best.

ESmorz
11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, and Futurama most of the time are fucking terrible.

cserrano86
11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
i thought American dad would get canclled....that show sucks...
Actually, I thought American Dad would have probably gotten the boot too... I like that show, but King of the Hill was a classic from the start...
I want to change my name to Rusty Shackleford..

Mi Beardo es Loco
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
KOTH rocks but I don't think it had a huge audience. That's where Mike Judge got his money though. Bevis and Butthead he got litterally next to nothing. But did anyone expect it to run as long as the Simpsons? It had it's run, just time ran out. I wonder what the final episode will do. Boomhower moving away?

xtheenderx
11-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I want to change my name to Rusty Shackleford..

rofl i was thinking about that for the longest time... :bigok:

WERDdabuilder
11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
yup.....

Rusty Shackleford
http://www.fox.com/kingofthehill/bios/images/bio_img_dale.gif

not the Bug-a-Bago!!!!

racepar1
11-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Dude, family guy definitely does NOT suck! American Dad? Sure, but family guy? That shit rules! I personally like family guy more than king of the hill.

luckvx
11-07-2008, 08:04 PM
american dad is a terrible show i wish they would cancel that!!

HyperTek
11-07-2008, 08:56 PM
king of the hill was ok
felt like it was aimed towards elderly caucasian folks tho
didnt like their asian stereotype tho

But the show has been on for years
didnt know they where making a show about cleveland

xtreme_s14
11-07-2008, 09:01 PM
they should do seth macfarlane's comedy sketchs similar to chicken robot! look 'em up on youtube if you guys don't know what i'm talking about! they're pretty funny!

jeeper_x
11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Dude, family guy definitely does NOT suck! American Dad? Sure, but family guy? That shit rules! I personally like family guy more than king of the hill.

+100000

family guy > king of hill all day....

that show friggin' rule....lol

spngr311
11-07-2008, 09:09 PM
That sucks. I enjoy King of the Hill, I just hate the Peggy episodes - Dale or Cotton Hill episodes are awesome.

I wish they would bring back Futurama, I don't know if a Family Guy spin off is going to be very good - I mean, American Dad is just a Joe that can walk; doesn't that count as a spin off?

90hatchie
11-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Lanore!!!!

ronmcdon
11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, and Futurama most of the time are fucking terrible.

agreed, I get the impression all that stuff is just and endless chain of rehashes.
stuff is just immature for the sake of it. then again I also enjoyed Beavis & Butthead more than KOTH (same creators?).
to each and their own, as humor is also subjective i suppose.

I10cruiser
11-07-2008, 09:58 PM
dang it! bobby!! haha damn fox

HyperTek
11-07-2008, 10:05 PM
if anything, BET is suppose to come up with a cartoon to rival The Boondocks, hopefully it will be good

BRAIN_Z33
11-07-2008, 10:16 PM

+100000

to tell you the truth.... I HATE "King of the Hill" I hate the damn show.

Family Guy owns all period

I10cruiser
11-07-2008, 10:28 PM
if anything, BET is suppose to come up with a cartoon to rival The Boondocks, hopefully it will be good

boondocks ftw!

Addicted2Kouki
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Family guy & futurama > King of the hill

King of the hill never really got my attention or made me laugh.

HyperTek
11-08-2008, 12:13 AM
king of the hill wasnt very funny.. it was more about teaching lessons and a show the whole family could watch lol

SlideWell
11-08-2008, 12:51 AM
good. that show was so unintelligent :edited, id be embarassed if it was shown across seas like Jerry Springer was.

BustedS13
11-08-2008, 01:23 AM
they should do seth macfarlane's comedy sketchs similar to chicken robot! look 'em up on youtube if you guys don't know what i'm talking about! they're pretty funny!

robot chicken, and those are mostly seth GREEN. seth macfarlane does do voices for it, though.

+100000

typical

I wish they would bring back Futurama, I don't know if a Family Guy spin off is going to be very good - I mean, American Dad is just a Joe that can walk; doesn't that count as a spin off?

they did bring back Futurama.
Futurama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama#DVD_movies)

good. that show was so unintelligent :edited, id be embarassed if it was shown across seas like Jerry Springer was.

King of the Hill is shown worldwide.
KING OF THE HILL in Other Languages (http://www.geocities.com/arlen_texas/foreign.htm)

soreballz
11-08-2008, 02:04 AM
Is ANYTHING on BET good? Even if so, I reeeeeeeeeally doubt they can come up with anything that will be better than The Boondocks.

1989rps13
11-08-2008, 02:35 AM
oh good as long as they dont cancel Family guy or American dad! those are the funniest!! i was getting tired of hearing " i tell you wut" and " i sell propane and propane accesories":rant2:

HyperTek
11-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Is ANYTHING on BET good? Even if so, I reeeeeeeeeally doubt they can come up with anything that will be better than The Boondocks.

yeah BET does kinda suck... i think alot of their programs is leading towards the degradation of urban youth instead of positively promote it...*i.e. most movies they show depict around robbing, hustling* im part black by the way and thats typically my view on the network tho i do channel surf thru it to see whats on.

spngr311
11-08-2008, 07:41 AM
they did bring back Futurama.
Futurama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama#DVD_movies)

I hate straight to DVD stuff. That is not the same as watching something on a regular basis. But I guess it's better than nothing.

lucky7
11-08-2008, 08:30 AM
king of the hill is easily one of the best shows on TV. i got into family guy for a month or 2, but it got really hard to watch after a while.

shade
11-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Last episode I watched was the Myspace episode. Pretty desperate to bring more viewers I guess.

xtheenderx
11-08-2008, 09:36 AM
.... maybe you guys dont know how to watch the show. King of Hill is like Norm McDonald his jokes are simple and thats his style thats why its enjoyable to watch. King of the hill is simple most of the characters are naive thats why its so fun to watch.

spngr311
11-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Last episode I watched was the Myspace episode. Pretty desperate to bring more viewers I guess.

As simplistic as it was, it was hilarious when Bobby saw the pig walking across his lawn, screams pig and runs out and tackles it! I laughed my ass off when I saw that!

xtheenderx
11-08-2008, 09:55 AM
As simplistic as it was, it was hilarious when Bobby saw the pig walking across his lawn, screams pig and runs out and tackles it! I laughed my ass off when I saw that!

HAHAHA i 2nd that i cried cuz it was so funny and the magic mushroom!

cserrano86
11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
.... maybe you guys dont know how to watch the show. King of Hill is like Norm McDonald his jokes are simple and thats his style thats why its enjoyable to watch. King of the hill is simple most of the characters are naive thats why its so fun to watch.
Very well put... Norm McDonald is a comic genius...

98s14inaz
11-09-2008, 07:00 AM
king of the hill was ok
felt like it was aimed towards elderly caucasian folks tho
didnt like their asian stereotype tho

But the show has been on for years
didnt know they where making a show about cleveland

I don't know about the stereotype, I'm not saying all Asians are like that but I've known more than a few that are clones of Kahn.

Anomas23
11-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimpleS14
11-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Man that show was still making new episodes?!?!

Never was a fan, and no surprise its getting canceled.

Antihero983
11-09-2008, 09:22 AM

it's called Robot Chicken. and it's made by Seth Green, and it's on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming.

Grendel
11-09-2008, 10:03 AM
it's called Robot Chicken. and it's made by Seth Green, and it's on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming.

Robot Chicken is hit or miss. Most of it is awesome though.

I like the episode with Cobra Commander and the other villians stuck in traffic :p

The star wars special thing was pretty good too.

punk138
11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
futurama was my favorite, does anyone remember pj's? that show was epic!

90hatchie
11-09-2008, 01:06 PM
my dad says butane is a bastard gas -bobby hill

cserrano86
11-09-2008, 01:39 PM

No, he's actually talking about Seth McFarlane's Cavalcade. It's a YouTube only series...Look it up. Funny stuff...
Here's a link...
http://www.youtube.com/user/SethComedy

xtreme_s14
11-09-2008, 02:52 PM
No, he's actually talking about Seth McFarlane's Cavalcade. It's a YouTube only series...Look it up. Funny stuff...
Here's a link...
YouTube - SethComedy's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/SethComedy)

THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP FOR EVERYBODY! these sketchs are [email protected]#$ now what i'm hoping they'll do is make a compilation of these and show them as a series in lieu of King of the Hill.

Matej
11-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Here's a link...
YouTube - SethComedy's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/SethComedy)
Not really into McFarlane's new style of humor, that's what Family Guy is like nowadays. It's mainly verbal, I know it's clever, but many times it feels too artificial. In my opinion Family Guy was way funnier when it started out and most of the humor was visual.

S13Boosts
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
simpsons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but shit anything on fox is coo haha ohwee family guy!

sirhc
11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
No! Thats one of my fav.

MikeisNissan
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Anyone catch the new episode after the Simpsons tonight?

TheSquidd
11-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Well. Thank god. Watching that show is like driving through Texas.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

cserrano86
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
The show is very underrated in my opinion... Most people didn't give it a chance. As underrated as it was though, they always had some high profile celebrity guest stars though.
Pam Anderson, Johnny Depp, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Carey, Johnny Knoxville, Laura Prepon, Bernie Mac, Matthew McConaughey, Brad Pitt, Dale Earnhardt, Chris Rock, Snoop Dogg, shit... even Tone Lōc. LOL! But yeah, those are just a few...

WERDdabuilder
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
the first eps is what sold me. where bobby gets hit in the by a baseball and they call a social worker cause the think hank is beating bobby...

when he started to go off on the social worker and started turning crazy red haha.

stiizy
11-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Good King of the hill fucking Blows such a waste of a half hour till family guy comes on

40daws
11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
They kept American Dad. This shows,like Bill Maher keeps saying, how ignorant America is.
King of the Hill is/was a GREAT show.

Matej
11-10-2008, 02:31 PM
So what's with the episode where Kahn's mother moves in and falls in love with Bill, and then she's not in any other episodes?

flip3d
11-10-2008, 08:14 PM
That's what she said.

IIIXziuR
11-11-2008, 06:06 AM
I think The Simpson's needs to be put down very soon.
I know it has been on for 20+ years and is one of the longest running animated shows on TV today but man, these past few seasons have been just plain boring.
It's like the same thing every episode. Shame, it was so good for so many years.

Also, old Family Guy was amazing. It's just atrocious now.

DALAZ_68
11-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Yes A-Dad does suck. I need more Futurama..
FUCK YES, more Amy :bigok: