PDA

View Full Version : THE LAST POLITICS/VOTING THREAD (for now)

Andrew Bohan
11-04-2008, 07:46 AM
GO VOTE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

LET'S DO THIS SHIT

it's the end of it all

after this we can get back to talking about cars and shoes (cuz zilvia is a shoe forum too, didn't you know that?)

stiizy
11-04-2008, 07:47 AM
^ Werd on the shoe thing hahaha...............

Gonna go vote after work...

keeping my choice to myself.......

svensko
11-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Voted Obama at 7:40 AM! :bigok:

Phlip
11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
^ Werd on the shoe thing hahaha...............

Gonna go vote after work...

keeping my choice to myself.......
You already said who you were voting for weeks ago.
Not everyone on the internet has a shitty memory.

To all those who have not decided:
Remember, that Barack Obama sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years, which either makes him a devout Muslim or "too radical" a black man to run the country, whichever it will take to sway you from voting for him.

Remember, I have not ONCE heard of John McCain attending a church service, which makes him a model christian.

ThatGuy
11-04-2008, 07:54 AM
My ballot was cast a while ago.

Absentee voting :bow:

CrimsonRockett
11-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Voted.

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that made me laugh.

"Women for Mccain"

I then thought, "Wow, if women are voting for Mccain just because Palin is backing him, they're f'ing stupid."

Same goes for Obama. If you're voting for him just because you're black, that's dumb. I've had this response from a couple of friends.

Asked, "so, who are you voting for?"

"Dude, come on. *points to skin*"

But, yes. Voted yesterday and it felt damn good.

ThatGuy
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Same goes for Obama. If you're voting for him just because you're black, that's dumb. I've had this response from a couple of friends.

Asked, "so, who are you voting for?"

"Dude, come on. *points to skin*"

I guess you haven't seen BET at all during the campaign?
Because that has been all they've said. "Vote for Obama, because he's Black!"

Andrew Bohan
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
well i guess that's a good strategy. if you want someone to win and you can get sheeple to vote your way with a certain argument, do it.

RJF
11-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Voted Obama at 7:40 AM! :bigok:

BANNED

j/k

CrimsonRockett
11-04-2008, 08:54 AM

I never watch BET. Not because I don't like it, but because I just...don't.

If there was a Mexican running for president, I sure as hell wouldn't be voting for him for that reason.

You either agree with the person or you don't.

Simple as that.

Antihero983
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I voted for PHLIP for senate, and Barry for Congress. Writing ThatGuy on the ballot looked weird lol

Ok I'm joking, but I did vote. Thank god it's fucking over with.

You shoulda seen the looks I got when I pulled up the ballots in my Baja Beetle lol

Phlip
11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I actually have been avoiding BET with all I can, with the ONLY exception of the American Gangster documentary series... BET makes people dumber, I am sure of it.

BANNED

j/k
No you're not, you're banning anyone who admits to voting for Obama if McCain loses.

I never watch BET. Not because I don't like it, but because I just...don't.

If there was a Mexican running for president, I sure as hell wouldn't be voting for him for that reason.

You either agree with the person or you don't.

Simple as that.
No, you don't watch BET because you don't like black people, stop lying, Johnny, we're onto you... You're fucking racist.

Anyways...
I heard that, in order to help McCain's chances, GWB will bring back, and retroactively apply, the Mann Act (Google it if you've never heard of it), making the union of Barack Obama's parents therefore illegal, and in suck removing the validity of his own citizenship, thusly making it so that he ran under fraudulent pretenses. He will be removed from eligibility for presidency, even if he wins in a landslide mandate, and will not even be allowed to go back to the senate. Instead of the election going through due process, it will be given to McCain instead.

SHIFT_*grind*
11-04-2008, 09:41 AM
My ballot was cast a while ago.

Absentee voting :bow:

Seriously, I'm doing that in 2012. 2 hour lines at 5:50AM aren't very enjoyable.

sillyvia13
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
no vote for me...
I am all set with wasting my time voting...
RON PAUL! is my pres.
IMPEACH OBAMA! lol...

on other news, my shit box s13 truck runs and drives, going to go get some food and build another one for a buddy!
lol...
winter s13 trucks all ova nh!

Rey of Spots
11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Voted.

McCain/Palin 2009
Yes on Prop 8

RJF
11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Toledo Police brace for possible civil unrest : News : WNWO NBC24 (http://www.wnwo.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=216464)

I guess they are getting ready if McCain loses. :rimshot:

shmiddy
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE OBAMA'S WINNING IN THE VOTING POLL TREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOO

lol imma vote after work, and before i have school

S13_Nightkid
11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
voted around 6:30? Came at 5:15 and the line was wrapped around the building wtf. Waiting for this day to be over and cut out all those ignorant accusations that are being thrown around.

BustedS13
11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
i did my part and canceled out RJF's presidential vote today

...i know that's not how it works

Phlip
11-04-2008, 10:28 AM
3 hours until Martial Law is declared, Bush will remain president, all the Peruvian Panflute bands will be rounded up and the world will be attacked by giant Guinea Pigs.
Watch out for Guineasaurus rex.

HalveBlue
11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
3 hours until martial law is declared, bush will remain president, all the peruvian panflute bands will be rounded up and the world will be attacked by giant guinea pigs.
Watch out for guineasaurus rex.

i knew it!!1!

stiizy
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
3 hours until Martial Law is declared, Bush will remain president, all the Peruvian Panflute bands will be rounded up and the world will be attacked by giant Guinea Pigs.
Watch out for Guineasaurus rex.

I saw that episode last night:keke::keke::keke:

lil240sx95
11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
i wanted to vote, but got my absentee ballot friday afternoon, had to send it in FRIDAY. stupid college mailbox system...

stiizy
11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/us/news/editorial/a/23/a2389ea3ea696f8c09bab3249374cf28.jpeg

Rick-95ZE
11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
So I showed up to vote wearing my "Change" T-shirt and I was asked to leave in a very rude way.. After a little bit of a debate, I took off my shirt (standing in line:naughty:) turned it inside out and went on to vote:)

If some one is so weak minded that their opinion is swayed AT THE POLLS BY A FRICKIN T-SHIRT!! then they shouldn't be voting.

Phlip
11-04-2008, 10:53 AM
So I showed up to vote wearing my "Change" T-shirt and I was asked to leave in a very rude way.. After a little bit of a debate I took off my shirt (standing in line:naughty:) turned it inside out and went on to vote:)

If some one is so weak minded that their opinion is swayed AT THE POLLS BY A FRICKIN T-SHIRT!! then they shouldn't be voting.
Actually, Rick, it is known fact that you cannot campaign within a certain number of feet of a polling place. Seriously, look how far from the doors the LAST signs you can see are... Wearing a shirt that supports your candidate is seen as "campaigning," and why would it not? Imagine you bumped into an undecided who questioned you and your conversation swayed them to, or (in RJF's case) against your candidate of choice. Congratulations, you've now campaigned where you should not have.
I have been getting emails and texts for weeks not to do that, but I do not own an Obama shirt, and no one at the polling station knew I was going to write in Samuel L Jackson when I had on my Pulp Fiction shirt friday.

SHIFT_*grind*
11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
There were Obama/McCain/Senate and House of Reps candidate signs almost up to the door of the polling station I went to, which I thought seemed odd since there was a big NO CAMPAIGNING!!! sign posted as well...

Rick-95ZE
11-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Actually, Rick, it is known fact that you cannot campaign within a certain number of feet of a polling place. Seriously, look how far from the doors the LAST signs you can see are... Wearing a shirt that supports your candidate is seen as "campaigning," and why would it not? Imagine you bumped into an undecided who questioned you and your conversation swayed them to, or (in RJF's case) against your candidate of choice. Congratulations, you've now campaigned where you should not have.
I have been getting emails and texts for weeks not to do that, but I do not own an Obama shirt, and no one at the polling station knew I was going to write in Samuel L Jackson when I had on my Pulp Fiction shirt friday.

I hear you, but I honestly was unaware that there was a dress code,thats fine. It was the way I was confronted about it that got me pisst. After I got back to work I hit the google and it looks like (from what I've read so far) that some states are letting this fashion infraction slide, and they are trying to get this law overturned..

CrimsonRockett
11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/vote.png

ThatGuy
11-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I got a Text Message today that said:

"Due to extremely long lines at the polls today, all those voting for Obama are asked to vote on Wednesday."

About 5 minutes later I got the same thing with McCain's name in place of Obama's.

Hahahahaha, I wonder how many idiots would fall for this shit.

Rey of Spots
11-04-2008, 11:11 AM
If The Other Party Wins - CollegeHumor video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1888086#ls:11111)

If the other party wins...

SimpleSexy180
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM

"Due to extremely long lines at the polls today, all those voting for Obama are asked to vote on Wednesday."

About 5 minutes later I got the same thing with McCain's name in place of Obama's.

lol

about 75% of americans

DUFFM4N
11-04-2008, 11:20 AM
i wasnt able to register in time (i know...no excuse right) but you shoulda saw the looks i got this morning in the grocery store with this shirt on

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/emazingef9/TH.jpg

Phlip
11-04-2008, 11:23 AM

There were actually some "official" looking mailers going out in VA last week, claiming to be from the VA board of elections, telling democrat supporters to wait until Wednesday, so as to avoid the lines and shit.
It was no more "**OFFICIAL**" than the dozens of "**OFFICIAL**" tags I have removed from thread titles lately.

RUTH'LESSDET
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I "BARACKED" the vote at 6am on the dot this morning. got on line at 4:30am

lil240sx95
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
i wasnt able to register in time (i know...no excuse right) but you shoulda saw the looks i got this morning in the grocery store with this shirt on

that is one nice shirt, would piss off a lot of people up here.

BustedS13
11-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I "BARACKED" the vote at 6am on the dot this morning. got on line at 4:30am

wtf? i barocked the vote in like 15 minutes including drive

barry 08

Andrew Bohan
11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
i got to my polling place at 10:30 and i was first in line.

i just had to wait for a booth, and that was like 1 minute.

driving there, waiting, and driving back home took the same amount of time as actually voting.

Flipzide
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I'd like to punch whoever decided to make my polling place at a middle school teacher's lounge with a small ass parking lot next to a road with heavy traffic in the morning and no curbside parking.

I figured I'd go early since I have classes the whole day, but I completely forgot kids were getting dropped off from 7-8am. On top of that it was raining.. I think the whole trip, finding parking + voting took me slightly over an hour. Oh well at least it's over for now.

SexPanda
11-04-2008, 01:20 PM
My brother wrote me in for Coroner...

wtf.

Antihero983
11-04-2008, 01:31 PM
^i'm jealous!!!!

LongGrain
11-04-2008, 01:43 PM
i went after class, line was probably 10 minutes including registering.

anthony240
11-04-2008, 02:00 PM
OH SHIT it's TODAY?!?!? I had NO clue!!

mRclARK1
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Scary thing is...

At least a few on both sides of the voting contest. haha

JeremyR
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM

damnnn who makes that shirt duffm4n? shits BADASS!

to keep it OT...i voted last week...no lines sucka!

DUFFM4N
11-04-2008, 04:26 PM
damnnn who makes that shirt duffm4n? shits BADASS!

to keep it OT...i voted last week...no lines sucka!

The Hundreds, from their 2006 Winter line....on the back it has the torch that the statue of liberty holds, and the flame is snuffed out and from the smoke (in cursive) it says "Dissent is Not Disloyalty"

SimpleS14
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Anyone watching CNN? They are doing some trippy techie stuff....

MudRacer
11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
^^ haha i saw that on cnn.

YoungGun
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Barocked it, this morning before class.

My mom voted mccain though =x

She told me i'll grow out of my current views on government when I get older...we'll see.

MudRacer
11-04-2008, 05:47 PM
^^ must have been a good debate.

DUFFM4N
11-04-2008, 05:49 PM
she threatened him with a 1 month grounding

YoungGun
11-04-2008, 06:19 PM
she threatened him with a 1 month grounding
She told me as soon as the lady handed me my ballot if I don't vote for Mccain i'm not getting dessert tonight.

Somehow i'll get through tonight without ice cream.

BOROSUN
11-04-2008, 06:54 PM
i voted obama because, he can play ball. j/k but, he can play.
_-3ROv_MsNs

SimpleS14
11-04-2008, 07:05 PM
i voted obama because, he can play ball. j/k but, he can play.

lol i never knew he can play ball....but then again..should I be surprised?

Brian
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
She told me i'll grow out of my current views on government when I get older...we'll see.

I was JUST talking about this to my girlfriend.
I 100% agree with your mom.

Phlip
11-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Enough of the politics.
Obama won.
Resume the arguing in 4 years, please return to using Google for what it was MADE for; finding naked women and free music.