PDA

View Full Version : 99-00 civic si what ya think?

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg79/thedecapitator/hondacivicsi.jpg

I have been heavily thinking about buying a 99-00 civic si. The reason is because its newer, looks clean and its a Honda(good mpg). Before i was thinking about the SRT-4 but it looks too much like a neon. Right now i have a 240sx hatchback with SR that ive driven for almost 2yrs. and NO problems at all except that it wastes a lot of gas. I feel as if the 240sx is just going to be a MONEY PIT. Im keeping my 240sx though:) I LOVE IT. I CANT LET IT GO. I just dont want to modify the car with cheap parts and id rather do it the right way in a couple years when i get a job in the criminal justice field:snoop:
These are the +'s bout the civic si IMO
-good mpg!!!!
-good looking
-wont be a money pit ( i wouldnt want to modify it trust me although some may argue i will.)
-its a honda LOL i feel more secure in one for daily ( although my hatchy has been reliable for the last 2yrs)

-'s about my 240sx

- dont want to modify right now with cheap parts ( i love it too much)
-wastes a lot of gas
- SHITTING MY PANTS IF I GET PULLED OVER WITH THE SR20

thats about it !

AND FINALLY WHO HAS OWN A 99-00 CIVIC SI? OR CURRENTLY OWNS ONE?
HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?

i saw one at a dealership that looked nice and clean i might go check it out if not ill just buy one cash from a honda guy in a forum:coolugh:

qwikspool
11-03-2008, 07:25 PM
i used to own one back in 2004. good on mpg.
what color are you going to be getting?

SexPanda
11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
An SRT4 looks too much like a a neon?

I've never seen the resemblance. lol.

Civic's are ok. My almost stock s13 would kill my friend pat's Si going uphill, but besides that, they're pretty decent.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
i used to own one back in 2004. good on mpg.
what color are you going to be getting?

blue or red( they did have si's in red right? cause i think i saw one a week ago in red.

I'd take either Blue or Red

Any other good or bad stuff about the si since you owned one?
thanks!!

SexPanda
11-03-2008, 07:29 PM
yep they came in red. There are a few 99 red si's around here.

and a blue one and a black one.

Stoichiometric
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I've not owned a 99 si but I have owned Hondas and have driven each and every engine class that to offer.

If you want a reliable car, then the Civic is probably it. I always liked the 99 si.

You have a B16A2 engine I believe. It has about 160hp on paper and it dives nicely.
The powerplant, the 1.6 liter dual cam Variable Timing (VTAAK) is nice.

For a 1.6 DOH with Variable timing producing 160hp and our 240sx with a 2.4 liter KA that only produces 155hp on paper and weighs more, the Honda is faster stock wise, not to mention using less gasoline.

The only problem with the B series and nother FWD Honda engine, is the hassle or the clutch work. Even changing the timing belts and other belts are a biatch because they are located on the driver side of the engine.

In addition, parts are more costly, and good lucking finding a B16 or 1999 Honda at the junk yards.

Pros: Gas, Power, Lightweight, clean car as is.
Cons: Clutch, belts, parts availability. and FWD

Stoichiometric
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Yes, they came in Black, Red, and Electric Blue.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:31 PM
An SRT4 looks too much like a a neon?

I've never seen the resemblance. lol.

Civic's are ok. My almost stock s13 would kill my friend pat's Si going uphill, but besides that, they're pretty decent.

yah you read correct lol.

Please lets not take this into "street racing" or my s13 can beat up a civic thread. I alread have my hatchy w/sr and thats plenty fun for me :)
I dont care if it lacks tremendos amount of torque like it does either Im not going to be street racing or doing stupid shit with it.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes, they came in Black, Red, and Electric Blue.

thanks for clarifying that. Yea maybe Red cause my hatch is blue already but w/e' comes first is coo with me.

SexPanda
11-03-2008, 07:34 PM
yah you read correct lol.

Please lets not take this into "street racing" or my s13 can beat up a civic thread. I alread have my hatchy w/sr and thats plenty fun for me :)
I dont care if it lacks tremendos amount of torque like it does either Im not going to be street racing or doing stupid shit with it.

lol I didnt mean street racing. I just meant that on the interstate I didnt have to shift into 4th to keep at 75 mph. Pat did lol. And god forbid he try to pass someone on the hills leading towards rolla.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:34 PM
In addition, parts are more costly, and good lucking finding a B16 or 1999 Honda at the junk yards.

Pros: Gas, Power, Lightweight, clean car as is.
Cons: Clutch, belts, parts availability. and FWD[/quote]

Glad you mentioned some pro's and cons. Personally for me FWD is coo with me as i will be using it to just drive to work/ school/ fast food places etc..

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:36 PM
lol I didnt mean street racing. I just meant that on the interstate I didnt have to shift into 4th to keep at 75 mph. Pat did lol. And god forbid he try to pass someone on the hills leading towards rolla.

ah cool then lol. Ya i get mad at my cuzins cause they want me to always step on it when they on my car. I used to (for the first couple months boost was addicting and it was my first car and first turbo car duuhh) But now i drive like a granny and even my mom/ sis get mad that i drive slow:boink:

HyperTek
11-03-2008, 07:49 PM
your in socal dude.,.. i wouldnt even think of it.. probably wont be there when you come out of the mall or school lol

i actually think those are one of the nicer civics.. dont really see them around anymore.. they used to be mad popular

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 07:51 PM
your in socal dude.,.. i wouldnt even think of it.. probably wont be there when you come out of the mall or school lol

i actually think those are one of the nicer civics.. dont really see them around anymore.. they used to be mad popular

I just saw 2 of them in Orange. Yes they are pretty rare. I like this civic because its the SI model and one of the best looking coupes rather than the ex bullshit ya feel me? lol

Anybody driven one of these? ima stop by the dealer just to test drive tomorrow

HyperTek
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
i actually like these ones, but they are probably more at risk to get stolen
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/688/688078/history-of-the-civic-si-20060210061553068.jpg

still not enough for me to get one tho,.. but i thought about gettin a car i wouldnt mod and has enough potential to be modded when i get the cash.. I would go VIP.. first or 2nd gen GS300, or 97-00 Q45 boat *once youve had a taste of a high end car, its hard to consider goin back to economy cars*

dirtdiggler666
11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
another bad part with the si
good luck findeing one with no salvage title allready

Stoichiometric
11-03-2008, 08:28 PM
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/688/688078/history-of-the-civic-si-20060210061553068.jpg

still not enough for me to get one tho,.. but i thought about gettin a car i wouldnt mod and has enough potential to be modded when i get the cash.. I would go VIP.. first or 2nd gen GS300, or 97-00 Q45 boat *once youve had a taste of a high end car, its hard to consider goin back to economy cars*

Amen. EG hatchbacks all all time sexy.

My favorite hondas:

1. CRX
2. EG hatch

ronmcdon
11-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I think it's a solid choice. Only con I can think of is the insurance and theft. also the lack of torque on the civic is going to make feel of that car is very different from a sr'd 240. be prepared to shift a lot more. otherwise, it's a good daily, and great handling car. very forgivable too. While I've only driven a friend's EK Si casually, I have owned a ef crx si, ls-vtec eg, and currently have a fa civic si that I daily drive and occasionally autoX. they are fun, reliable, and good cars overall.

Although not the quickest, it's difficult to go wrong with any of the Si models. Well...the EP Si isn't so much my thing, but I'm sure it's not too bad either. Actually, I take that back. The EF's are highly competitive in autoX.

Rey of Spots
11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Those would be great daily drivers, but you live in SoCal.
Not to be a downer, but how long are you going to wait
until it gets stolen? Those are so easy to break into and start.
Trust me, I know.

Stoichiometric
11-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I think it's a solid choice. Only con I can think of is the insurance and theft. also the lack of torque on the civic is going to make feel of that car is very different from a sr'd 240. be prepared to shift a lot more. otherwise, it's a good daily, and great handling car. very forgivable too. While I've only driven a friend's EK Si casually, I have owned a ef crx si, ls-vtec eg, and currently have a fa civic si that I daily drive and occasionally autoX. they are fun, reliable, and good cars overall. Although not the quickest, it's difficult to go wrong with any of the Si models. Well...the EP Si isn't so much my thing, but I'm sure it's not too bad either.

If you don't want your car to be stolen, Buy a FORD.

DALAZ_68
11-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Fuck yes on the EG6...I drove my brothers Type R converted model for like 6 months b4 selling...i miss that thing...i miss my Accord more :tardrim:

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:29 PM

o...m...g.... whats the word im looking for.....
oh yeah:
BULLSHIT!!! LOL you forget kile i own your old s13 and my Si now so I know.

but anyways:

I dont own a 99 si but i do own a decently modded B16 EG coupe and I gotta say it is a very reliable motor which is alot of fun on the interstate. I own both that and an s13 and i gotta say its awesome having both of the cars because they are both so different but very fun in their own ways.

I say: Go for it, because like you said if you get pulled over with that motor in the 240 your fucked dude.

Oh yeah: im a criminal justice major also....so its kinda weird
(s13, civic si, Criminal justice) STOP COPYING ME!!!! lol jk

Stoichiometric
11-03-2008, 09:34 PM

oh yeah:

BULLSHIT!!! LOL you forget my friend i own both the s13 and Si now so I know.

I dont own a 99 si but i do own a decently modded B16 EG coupe and I gotta say it is a very reliable motor which is alot of fun on the interstate. I own both that and an s13 and i gotta say its awesome having both of the cars because they are both so different but very fun in their own ways.

I say: Go for it, because like you said if you get pulled over with that motor in the 240 your fucked dude.

My stock Ka24de has smoked virtually a lot of high end cars.

I smoked an M3, a Mustang GT, a Subaru STI, an Evo 7,8, and 9.

And the other driver was so stupid, they didn't even know that I was racing them. LOL! Some would be just cruising and I just jump on it and zoom right by from behind..on the freeway, and they'd be like, huh??

Hahaha. I smoked them without them knowing it. WOOT!

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM

dude seriously kile...wtf? the s13 is nothing to the vic...how do i know this? because your s13 is mine now. What is that about 4th? I dont think your making any sense at all...oh wait you have never been in the civic so you wouldnt know....

kile = :ghey:

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
My stock Ka24de has smoked virtually a lot of high end cars.

I smoked an M3, a Mustang GT, a Subaru STI, an Evo 7,8, and 9.

And the other driver was so stupid, they didn't even know that I was racing them. LOL! Some would be just cruising and I just jump on it and zoom right by from behind..on the freeway, and they'd be like, huh??

Hahaha. I smoked them without them knowing it. WOOT!

im sure you did lol im sure they saw your car and thought "damn i dont stand a chance ill just not push it" lol

chibo
11-03-2008, 09:40 PM
God damn, if I could get over my FWD dislike I'd own one in a heartbeat - so nice.

HyperTek
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
what about accord wagon?
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_a77873e7f9894bdea702c33838f7461a.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/calitri808/cruise/DSCF0705.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/calitri808/honda/ray021.jpg

SexPanda
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
lol pat admit it. Your civic has no torque!

NO TORQUE! And I was in the civic when we went to rolla and toked up with chuck and charles. Was sam there? idk... That car was the most uncomfortable car ever. Thats back when you gutted it tho. We should dynamat your entire interior.

Oh yeah i just watched the ATHF colon movie film for theaters. Lol funny as hell. You've seen it right?

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:50 PM
[quote=HyperTek;2427117]what about accord wagon?
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_a77873e7f9894bdea702c33838f7461a.jpg

omg....wtf?:tweak: when? what? huh?

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM

NO TORQUE!

Oh yeah i just watched the ATHF colon movie film for theaters. Lol funny as hell. You've seen it right?

yeah no torque, gonna get that on a license plate lol but that wouldnt affect the civic raping the 240 on any street any speed.

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
And I was in the civic when we went to rolla and toked up with chuck and charles.

hehe good times good times

SexPanda
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
yeah no torque, gonna get that on a license plate lol but that wouldnt affect the civic raping the 240 on any street any speed.

still got no torque. You could tow a small boat with the s13 if you wanted to... Try that with a civic!

I wonder if they make trailer hitches for 240's. And We'll have to see if your civic and my e36 is an even match... WHEN YOU FINALLY GET IT BACK TOGETHER! Hurry up with that shit man.

Speaking of license plates... Can I ever have my old one back? 772 YHF. I know that by heart. It deserves a place right next to my free Porsche posters.

twotoes
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
yeah yeah ill be at the shop on wed. i still gotta call ARP for fucking up my order!!!! bastards. Cant wait to race the bimmer(<---fixed it)....cough*....on a legal track of course...cough* It should be fun.

Yeah i got the plate in my room under some books. I took it off after running from that cop I gave the finger. Ill bring it on wed. ill actually go find it right now.

and we totally jacked this dudes thread so.....BACK ON TOPIC!

si yes or no?

SexPanda
11-03-2008, 10:17 PM
beemer-bike
bimmer-car

Anyhow, Hondas are good cars. Get it. You wont be dissappointed, unless you slap a fart can and a huge spoiler on it and try to race a corvette.

soreballz
11-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Before i was thinking about the SRT-4 but it looks too much like a neon.

Gee whiz, maybe that's because IT IS A FUCKING NEON.

EM1's are cool. But, you'll still have to deal with hassles from cops, ricers, and thieves.

blackrms13
11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I love EK hatches...IMO they look so much better than the coupe...

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 10:52 PM
oh yeah:
BULLSHIT!!! LOL you forget kile i own your old s13 and my Si now so I know.

but anyways:

LOL nice man!!:snoop:

Ya i like the Eg's also but those are BIGGER cop magnets. THe civic si coupe looks like any other honda civic except for some diff. that i forget a long with the badging on the side of the car..

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
God damn, if I could get over my FWD dislike I'd own one in a heartbeat - so nice.

i know what you mean i dont like fwd either but the simple clean styling is a complete WIN in my book. NO need to my some bodykit that is going to break its a clean ride for daily driver with no modifications necessary

xplicit240
11-03-2008, 10:56 PM
yeh my thats my favorite civic si. get it in the electron blue. the car is sex but will get stolen asap.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Gee whiz, maybe that's because IT IS A FUCKING NEON.

Goddamn you're dumb.

EM1's are cool. But, you'll still have to deal with hassles from cops, ricers, and thieves.

I know it is like a neon but TRUST me if you have EVER been in a dodge srt-4 w/stage 3 you will shit your pants and it will rape 99% of 240's here
Just couldnt stand looking at that big fat ugly ass thats why im going to check out the civic si cause its a clean look and looks like a comfy daily with good mpg :)

RiversideS13
11-03-2008, 11:00 PM
civic si is pretty nice, but your car would be a really wanted target for thief. when i was in the market, almost all of the civic si i found is salvage title by thief. they want your cluster, the whole front end, the rear disc brake, the engine, the tranny. if you get one, you probably dont want to drive it to mall, school or watch a movie.
have you think about 97+ prelude?

neon is a piece of shit, i had a first gen neon as my first car. domestic car just never been reliable.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I love EK hatches...IMO they look so much better than the coupe...

when it comes to the civic i actually hate the ek hatch cause it looks like a bigggg buttt. The coupe looks so much cleaner but then again its to the eye of the beholder ya mean!!? haha

rainier
11-03-2008, 11:02 PM
dont get it. it WILL get jacked eventually.

you can start that car with any honda key. open the doors with the jiggling of the keys, and the ignition too. if your driving it just for driving, get a stock one and keep it stock!

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:03 PM
civic si is pretty nice, but your car would be a really wanted target for thief. when i was in the market, almost all of the civic si i found is salvage title by thief. they want your cluster, the whole front end, the rear disc brake, the engine, the tranny. if you get one, you probably dont want to drive it to mall, school or watch a movie.
have you think about 97+ prelude?

That is the only thing that has me pretty scared bout the thief situation. I'm planning to buy a 2page alarm if i get it. I saw a blue si today in Orange and wow it looked cleeeean and it was just lowered with some yellow fogs:love:
The prelude's never really caught my attention. I am more set into the civic si 99-00.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
dont get it. it WILL get jacked eventually.

you can start that car with any honda key. open the doors with the jiggling of the keys, and the ignition too. if your driving it just for driving, get a stock one and keep it stock!

Will do! I just want a stock and keep it stock :)
The getting jacked thing has me pretty freaked out though..

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
oh ya what is the going rate for these? i believe 6k-9k right?
and i think 5k for salvaged title

jeeper_x
11-03-2008, 11:07 PM
buy a fit, man....

you won't be disappointed....;)

RiversideS13
11-03-2008, 11:15 PM
That is the only thing that has me pretty scared bout the thief situation. I'm planning to buy a 2page alarm if i get it. I saw a blue si today in Orange and wow it looked cleeeean and it was just lowered with some yellow fogs:love:
The prelude's never really caught my attention. I am more set into the civic si 99-00.

If they want it, they will take it no matter if you have fancy alarm. just check honda-tech marketplace socal and you will realize how much love they got.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:18 PM
If they want it, they will take it no matter if you have fancy alarm. just check honda-tech marketplace socal and you will realize how much love they got.

what do you mean " you will realize how much love they got" ?
You know any forums where i can look for a clean one right now im checking at club si are there any forums that are socal honda si? I saw too many si's being sold but from FL or OK on club si.

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:19 PM
buy a fit, man....

you won't be disappointed....;)

fit's are nice man(when you have invested a lot of money into them though)! they look really good but the only reason i kind of dont want to i would feel weird cause to me it has a hint of female car like a miata (i got made fun of when i drove my dad's miata before i got my 240sx)
:mad:

soreballz
11-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I know it is like a neon but TRUST me if you have EVER been in a dodge srt-4 w/stage 3 you will shit your pants and it will rape 99% of 240's here.
LIKE a Neon... No no. It IS a Neon. It's just a Neon with a bunch of factory upgrades. lol
And yes, they're quick. I've driven several modded SRT-4s. The fact that they are fast doesn't change the fact that it is a Neon. lol

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:34 PM
LIKE a Neon... No no. It IS a Neon. It's just a Neon with a bunch of factory upgrades. lol
And yes, they're quick. I've driven several modded SRT-4s. The fact that they are fast doesn't change the fact that it is a Neon. lol

Your right it will never stop being a neon:aw: But it sure as hell will beat driving a 18yr.old car with a single slammer w/ 3 diff. color paint with megans:tardrim:
I love 240's but at the same time I have been in these neon srt4's and they're hella quick it just gets tiring after so many people bash em because YES most owners are douchebags and drive like idiots. (had a friend who owned the stg 3 what a fuck tard and hated him but doesnt mean that the neon wouldnt be a better option than a 15-18yr.old single slammer or dohc w/e's.
Lets stay on topic though just had to go off for a bit:)
SOREBALLZ pm me if you wanna continue to chit chat no reason to clutter this thread anymore with useless posts such as racing uphills/ neon srt4 is still a neon
:)

1989rps13
11-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Stoichiometric and twotoes thankyou for your post's they were the most helpful. Mods can close this thread now i received valuable info in many diff. ways than i expected from this thread thanks guys! Also thanks for the person who mentioned you can break into the si's with any honda key:hsdance: has me pretty worried! yikes!

so ya MODS please close this thread before more useless bandwith is posted
:) graciaaaasssss!

S13Boosts
11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
i think these civics look cool ! but hey! one time when gas was high i also wanted a civic aint no shame! just do it the right way!

SlideWell
11-04-2008, 01:02 AM
i like the Si's. i learned how to drive a stick on my gf's brothers 2000 black Si. fun fun. the s-chassis is the new civic, so worries about it getting stolen shouldnt change too much. at any rate, should you buy an Si, id definitely get a Valerco anti-theft system, google that. accompany it with a lo-jack and ur cherry. i really like driving the cars, but my only issue with them is the driver center position. it really is made for short asian people. im 6'1" 200lbs and always find myself reaching far forward to shift in any EG or EK without compromising my leg room. seats and a hub could fix that i suppose tho.

Leetheslacker
11-04-2008, 01:13 AM
i want this for a daily driver. so bad.

http://members.shaw.ca/Prelude_2_NV/cruise01.jpg

punk138
11-04-2008, 02:40 AM
i know someone who has a 00 black si, got broken into 5 times already, and almost stolen 2 times. good luck with that headache!

but hey if you need a carbon fiber hood for it hit me up. $80 takes it...

stiizy
11-04-2008, 07:07 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2340/1876889835_270d36c676.jpg?v=0

I say go for it i owned one in 2000-2001 then it got stolen but by far one of my fave cars...

Looking for another one they are so clean looking

tr0n9h
11-04-2008, 07:52 AM
i have the best of both world. AND I LOVE IT. :keke:

the red car is mine. the black car is my cousin.

and personally i think s13 are ugly outside and inside. that why my whole family got s14s lol. even my little cousin the one to the right in the picture. you should switch to an s14 and you wouldn't care about the gas mileage because your car will be an attention whore and it will look newer and nicer than the civic si will ever be.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/tr0n9h/CTREK13.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/tr0n9h/CTREK9.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/tr0n9h/l_2b458790d082c48d39cc05482cb98966.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/tr0n9h/shot-62.jpg

tr0n9h
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM

NO TORQUE! And I was in the civic when we went to rolla and toked up with chuck and charles. Was sam there? idk... That car was the most uncomfortable car ever. Thats back when you gutted it tho. We should dynamat your entire interior.

go sit in my h22 swap civic all motor and i'll show you some torque. lol

svensko
11-04-2008, 08:08 AM
go sit in my h22 swap civic all motor and i'll show you some torque steer. lol

Fixed. :keke:

tr0n9h
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
and that is why they invented traction bar and sway bar :keke:

koukikat180sx
11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I think you should buy my bf's '05 SI Hatch. :keke:

stiizy
11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
go sit in my h22 swap civic all motor and i'll show you some torque. lol

been there.........

H22 EG turbo.......

1989rps13
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
[quote=tr0n9h;2427771]i have the best of both world. AND I LOVE IT. :keke:

and personally i think s13 are ugly outside and inside. that why my whole family got s14s lol. even my little cousin the one to the right in the picture. you should switch to an s14 and you wouldn't care about the gas mileage because your car will be an attention whore and it will look newer and nicer than the civic si will ever be.

SORRY BUDDY hate to break it to you but s13 > s14
I love the s13's body style.:2f2f:

SimpleS14
11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I skimped through most of these posts.

IMO...it's a nice car and I wouldn't mind one as a DD, but they are rare to find in good shape and they still have a high theft rate where I live.

soldiaboy
11-04-2008, 10:38 AM
the SI is notorious for being stolen down here in miami. even stock

stiizy
11-04-2008, 10:43 AM
It has a high theft rate all over the country guys.....

It's the easiest car to steal and you dont need any tools to do it either.......

Everyone knows this, but it is still a hot ass car.....

svensko
11-04-2008, 10:47 AM
It has a high theft rate all over the country guys.....

It's the easiest car to steel and you dont need any tools to do it either.......

Everyone knows this, but it is still a hot ass car.....

How does one steel a car? :wiggle:

stiizy
11-04-2008, 10:57 AM
How does one steel a car? :wiggle:

fixed .........

who gives a fuck its not like you didn't comprehend what i was sayin......

driftphenom
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
i owned a 2000 si. in electron blue
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/driftphenom/100_0362.jpg

it was a nice car. till i wrecked it. i liked the power band (v-tec). it was civil just fartin around town, but when you got on it and the vtec kicked in you could really notice. i only had a cold air intake on it, but that little sucker was was still pretty nimble. the only thing i didnt like was the interior. the dash area where the ac an shit was was like a damn spaceship, and the seats were like crayola crayons. but it got great gas mileage and the color of the extrerior was nice. tons of aftermarket, but like what someone said before. that shit will get stole while your sittin in it. heres what they look like compacted:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/driftphenom/100_0379.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/driftphenom/100_0380.jpg

luckvx
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
i had a 99 honda civic ex coupe it was my first car its a nice daily driver

brewster240
11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
i had one for a daily driver for 3 years. i loved it, and was sad to see it go.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/newshoes.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/ebayrims005.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/ebayrims146.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/pit136.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/99si0052.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/sikid.jpg

it never got stolen, but damn did they try. by the time i got rid of it, i had 3 different keys, one for the drivers door, one for passenger, and one for ignition. i got shot at by people who i caught steeling it one time. when i sold the car, i took my radio out, and found the sides all scratched up, apparently someone tried steeling the deck, and i never even knew it.

in the end, i was sad to see it go, but glad i wouldnt have to worry about it anymore.

the people who say its hard to work on should not be working on cars. its such a simple vehicle, no harder to work on then a 240, i think a little easier.

DUFFM4N
11-04-2008, 12:21 PM
haha i know the owner of the 99 Si in the OP...an amazing car, but sadly that year/model is one of the most stolen civics there is, because you can use EVERYTHING from it (motor, pwr doors, interior, wheels, bumpers, head/tailights)

some more pics
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe145htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe238htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe1502htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe101htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe024htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe119htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe064htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe1531htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe286htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe219htcopy.jpg

stiizy
11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
^^ Dope ass car.....

Mr: EF :keke:

PhAtXSuMo
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
my sister has a 97 civic... slowest piece of shit i ever drove for 4 months...

but either way really good gas mileage lol

1989rps13
11-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I dont care how fast it is thats why im keeping my 240 its plenty of fun. Duffman thanks for those pics :) hotttt. I passed by the dealership today and right away they attacked me like dogs trying to sell me the car or any othre car in the lot. I quickly had to get the fuck outta there. Ima look from a private owner. Idk i just hate the hassle from the dealership

Om1kron
11-04-2008, 04:38 PM
awe that's gumps civic in the OP!

my em1 got stolen twice and recovered each time, out of my own driveway. Someone fucked with my eg once as well.

I still regret selling my EG =( had a rare UKDM SiR transmission with a factory honda LSD on the D16Z motor it had in it. That little fucker was soooooooo fun to drive.

My EM1 after the engine rebuild was fast as balls, but it got annoying because it was red so I would always either be followed home by another honda owner or a police officer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/om1kron/My%20Cars/1999%20Honda%20Civic%20Si/mybabyvirgin.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/om1kron/My%20Cars/1999%20Honda%20Civic%20Si/mybaby.jpg

you could shove so much shit into either car, it was ridiculous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/om1kron/My%20Cars/1993%20Honda%20Civic%20Si/Decker06_02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/om1kron/My%20Cars/1993%20Honda%20Civic%20Si/Decker06_03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/om1kron/My%20Cars/1993%20Honda%20Civic%20Si/newpictures205.jpg

also had one of these for a minute, slow as balls. But my absolute favorite car for partying and moving shit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/om1kron/My%20Cars/2007%20Honda%20Fit/garage.jpg

if you get a civic as a dd, spend the money on a decent alarm system regardless of how many people here tell you it's pointless.

DUFFM4N
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
love teal civics

flclsteve
11-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I have an ek slow great on gas park that shit in a garage but it still might get stolen at work so get some low jack and go for it

tr0n9h
11-04-2008, 07:13 PM
[quote=tr0n9h;2427771]i have the best of both world. AND I LOVE IT. :keke:

SORRY BUDDY hate to break it to you but s13 > s14
I love the s13's body style.:2f2f:

we all know s14>s13. probaly the only person that say s13 > s14 is the one that have not own an s14 (because it cost like 4x more for a kouki) and to swap an sr20 in there your looking at 7-8k already. even grandma and mom will pick s14 over s13 any day :keke:

Bubbles
11-04-2008, 11:03 PM
If you just want a dd why get the SI?

BTW

S14...........................< S13.

Always and forever.

jeeper_x
11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
fit's are nice man(when you have invested a lot of money into them though)! they look really good but the only reason i kind of dont want to i would feel weird cause to me it has a hint of female car like a miata (i got made fun of when i drove my dad's miata before i got my 240sx)
:mad:

miata is gay....

i mean fit is too fat to be gay anyways.....:naughty:

1989rps13
11-05-2008, 01:55 AM
[quote=1989rps13;2427931]

we all know s14>s13. probaly the only person that say s13 > s14 is the one that have not own an s14 (because it cost like 4x more for a kouki) and to swap an sr20 in there your looking at 7-8k already. even grandma and mom will pick s14 over s13 any day :keke:

lmfao sr20 on an s14? FAIL id personally want the rb25 in it or 26
anywas s13 are lighter and to me they look a lot better ( ima sucker for pop up headlights)
civci si's range from 6-9k thats about what a kouki costs:cj:

1989rps13
11-05-2008, 01:58 AM
If you just want a dd why get the SI?

BTW

S14...........................< S13.

Always and forever.

AMEN!

well because im going to put my car in storage I dont want to spend money right now i wanna wait for about 2-3 yrs when ima cop:snoop:(more money for better parts )

Also because the SI looks clean and sporty plus the gas mileage:love:

1989rps13
11-05-2008, 02:00 AM
miata is gay....

i mean fit is too fat to be gay anyways.....:naughty:

i like miata'sss haha well some that are on coils and had some nice wheels and a lip on the front :)
Theyre too small though im not that tall but 5'11 guy in a miata:aw:
id think its better off for a petite girl or someone under 5'7

although the miata handles soooo well!!! :)
thats one thing i will miss

HyperTek
11-05-2008, 03:23 AM
get this
nissan 300zx twin turbo (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/905247959.html)

wont have to worry about theft as much, leave it clean and stock and it will be appreciated as all Zs are in the Z community. *please no Z32 problem bashing, every car has its flaws, civics = theft*

jeeper_x
11-05-2008, 03:25 AM
that's hella cheap for z32 TT....

Future240
11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Oly balls that is alot of snow
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/chugger2k/pit136.jpg

tr0n9h
11-05-2008, 07:57 AM
[quote=tr0n9h;2429261]

lmfao sr20 on an s14? FAIL id personally want the rb25 in it or 26
anywas s13 are lighter and to me they look a lot better ( ima sucker for pop up headlights)
civci si's range from 6-9k thats about what a kouki costs:cj:

FAIL. please put the right motor in the right car.

I guess I'll just drive next to you on a summer day with ac and window up while your ass sweating with an rb26 and maybe your g/f next to you sweating too LAWL. :x:.

mtyost
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I had a black 00, it was a nice car. Just make sure if you do get one that you don't skimp on a good security system, or insurance.

LongGrain
11-05-2008, 11:10 AM
AMEN!

well because im going to put my car in storage I dont want to spend money right now i wanna wait for about 2-3 yrs when ima cop:snoop:(more money for better parts )

Also because the SI looks clean and sporty plus the gas mileage:love:

the only difference between an Si and EX as far as exterior is the grill, lip, painted side skirts and wheels, which are all fairly easily attainable.

and the EX gets better gas mileage

i had a black 99 coupe, it was ok. i got 42mpg beating the shit out of it.

1989rps13
11-05-2008, 05:24 PM
^^ isnt it also the motor....

soreballz
11-05-2008, 05:45 PM
^Notice that he said "the only difference between an Si and EX as far as exterior..."
The engine isn't on the EXTERIOR of the car, is it?

1989rps13
11-05-2008, 09:34 PM
^Notice that he said "the only difference between an Si and EX as far as exterior..."
The engine isn't on the EXTERIOR of the car, is it?

:mrmeph:
People like you I hate with a passion. Correcting corrrecting correcting all the damn fucken time. You almost bug as much as spell check. I would think that people would understand what i meant. But whatev's get a life foo you must of been one of those annoying kids in highschool.

jdm538
11-05-2008, 09:40 PM
^^^

everytime i look at a possibly decent thread you seem find a way to screw it up. kyle wouldnt have to correct you if you didnt post such uneducated comment.

it was clearly posted that it was exterior. where did you see motor anywhere?

1989rps13
11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
this is the thread i created if ya dont like it gtfo :) If yo lazy ass would take the time to look that i posted i read too quickly i thought he compared ex to si and didnt mention motor then i saw that he mentioned exterior only

soreballz
11-05-2008, 10:51 PM
:mrmeph:
People like you I hate with a passion. Correcting corrrecting correcting all the damn fucken time. You almost bug as much as spell check. I would think that people would understand what i meant. But whatev's get a life foo you must of been one of those annoying kids in highschool.
*Fucking, not "fucken". :rolleyes:

Stop saying stupid shit and I'll stop correcting you. Simple as that. lol

i thought he compared ex to si and didnt mention motor then i saw that he mentioned exterior only..Yeah, you saw that he mentioned "exterior only" when I pointed it out to you... lol

Kisses!
:love:

LongGrain
11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
yea its just a DD, who cares about the engine. he just said the Si's look slick, so i pointed out how it is very simple to make an EX look like an Si.

gorgasm
11-05-2008, 11:24 PM
yea its just a DD, who cares about the engine. he just said the Si's look slick, so i pointed out how it is very simple to make an EX look like an Si.

exactly
my daily, 97 dx gets 36mpg.
if it gets stolen oh well, ill go buy another one for $2700

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1425/drop2ck0.jpg

1989rps13
11-06-2008, 12:15 AM
[quote=soreballz;2431992]*Fucking, not "fucken". :rolleyes:

Stop saying stupid shit and I'll stop correcting you. Simple as that. lol

:axe: its cool i just get extremely mad when people correct me im those type of people in highschool that if you correct them they be like:rl:
ya well they are similar but i like the si as the dude mentioned cause of the looks and the engine is the most appealing aside from the looooooooks ;)

1989rps13
11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
WAIT a 97dx gets 36mpg shit balla!
all i want one that gets like 30+ and 2,700 is cheeeaaaap!!

My uncle has like a 90 civic coupe and he gets 45mpg and its a mint honda

brewster240
11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
the only difference between an Si and EX as far as exterior is the grill, lip, painted side skirts and wheels, which are all fairly easily attainable.

and the EX gets better gas mileage

i had a black 99 coupe, it was ok. i got 42mpg beating the shit out of it.

you forgot the super swet dohc vtec stickers on the quarters.

mkiv98
11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
i know someone who has a 00 black si, got broken into 5 times already, and almost stolen 2 times. good luck with that headache!

but hey if you need a carbon fiber hood for it hit me up. $80 takes it...
are you the one that broke into/stole it? :hsdance::hsdance:

Bubbles
11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Civic's RULE as DD's.

Get on it.

Tearlessj
11-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I love hondas, but to me the integra > civic. I drive a 99 Integra gsr and my cousin had a civic. I always felt that the integra = more baller.

unlegendary
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
waste gas on the sr? that can't be right, most of my sr friends get the same mileage as a ka under boost. you're also in socal, if you're going to modify your daily driver honda it's going to get stolen. same thing with 240s, but more people know about hondas than 240s. if you're not going to modify your honda, then it'll be a fine dandy daily driver. just get a cheap alarm and a steering wheel lock to scare the lv 10 thieves away.

aznlunaticboy
12-08-2008, 04:53 AM
haha i know the owner of the 99 Si in the OP...an amazing car, but sadly that year/model is one of the most stolen civics there is, because you can use EVERYTHING from it (motor, pwr doors, interior, wheels, bumpers, head/tailights)

some more pics
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe145htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe238htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe1502htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe101htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe024htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe119htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe064htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe1531htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe286htcopy.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Import1/GumpCoupe219htcopy.jpg

oh god that's beautiful.

JRas
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
get a bike :P

that's what I want to DD

sileighty83
12-08-2008, 01:39 PM
luv it! one of my all time favorites, Had a EG6 Si, fun car but not too much power. Got a 240sx after that.

Flicktitty
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
my buddy has one, it's not a bad driver.

but honestly seems they still go for 8-12K for a nice one here. i would look for a SRT4 you'll have ALOT more fun.

WanganRunner
12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
If you park your shit outside, don't buy one of these cars.

Then again, if you park your shit outside, move. No one should park their shit outside.

Anyway, for the same money I'd rather have a B-swapped EK hatch, or maybe an EG or EF hatch, but the coupes are still hella nice.

A GSR would work too.

Any B-series Honda in near-stock form is going to be a livable, enjoyable, economical, sporty daily car. They're superbly engineered, the engines are fantastic, they all handle well enough, etc.

A D-series would work too, and it'll be way cheaper. If it really is just a DD, get a D-series EK hatch and save yourself some money. Hatches are nice, more space to store stuff, and lighter and more fuel efficient.

When my Miata boso project is done and I've gotten tired of driving a boso'd up wackball oni-cambered loud-ass Mad Max shitpile, I'll probably sell or trade it for a nice, clean, lightly modified B-swapped EK hatch.