PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs

Phlip
02-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Anyone using Raybrig lights? I am looking for the best possible light output on an 1995 S14...

kandyflip445
02-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by PHLIP
Anyone using Raybrig lights? I am looking for the best possible light output on an 1995 S14...

Then get HID lights!:D But if you just want plug-n-play. I've heard about and seen the Sylvania Silver Stars. I think they are pretty good. Compared to some of the other ones out there. I don't know about those though.

AKADriver
02-01-2003, 02:32 PM
sylvania xtravision.

the silverstar has a color filter = reduced light output.

HID = Hype.

D-STYLE180SX
02-01-2003, 06:30 PM
I got Raybrig bulbs on my S13
This bulbs are the closest youll get to HID
Part #RR45
H4 rs-a 12v60/55w -> 125/120w
$90. for the pair!
Hope this helps

240fluke
02-01-2003, 08:39 PM
www.rallylights.com

Hella lighting for our cars and CHEAP. I have the 80/100w they are SOOO much nicer. Brighter, Whiter and Crisper lighting now. I could have gone to a higher wattage, but I decided I didn't want to really run the risk of damaging the stock wiring by making them pump out super high wattage through the lines.

Tim '95 SE

Zenki_S14
02-02-2003, 04:38 AM
how long will these bulbs last? i've gone through endless pairs of bulbs from hiper. they only last a 2 to 3 months. i got so tired of this crap, i decided to stick with my factory bulbs. i need something with a better life span.

RBS14
02-02-2003, 03:36 PM
HID is the exact opposite of hype! the average lumen output of halogen headlights is 1300. the average HID lumen output is 3600! you call 3x the light output hype? I think not. Piaas and Silverstars are the best bulbs. Don't get overwattage bulbs, they somethimes burn through the wiring harness and cause a fire. pay a little extra for piaas or silverstars, or do yourself a favor and get HID's.

Phlip
02-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Silverstars don't come in H4, but I know for fact that the Rabrigs do... I was checking to see if someone else had them before dropping that much of a premium on bulbs to make sure it was worth my investment, thanks people, it's looking like I will go ahead and do it...

240fluke
02-02-2003, 05:58 PM
After reading the reviews of the Piaa bulbs and seeing the tests done on those by TWO DIFFERENT TESTS, I would not buy the Piaa's. I will buy their foglights, for sure, but not their headlight bulbs as they actually DECREASE your visible field. There may be a good Piaa light bulb out there, but probably is like a JDM bulb that we either can't get or is hard to come by here in the states.

I run the higher wattage HELLA bulbs in my car, let me tell you, it is sooo much better. Much cleaner and brighter bulb. You can see a noticeable increase in your field of vision with these bulbs. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking to improve their vision on the road and looking to not spend insane amounts of money on their bulbs.

Higher wattage is fine, but if you go to a very high wattage bulb, then you probably want to beef up the lighting components of your vehicle (wires, etc.) to handle the raise in wattage. However I have not had ANY problems on my 80W HELLA's.

www.rallylights.com I believe has the links to the tests of the PIAA's I mentioned.

Tim '95 SE

RBS14
02-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Silverstars do come in H4's. Not sold commercially in the states. I have a friend who can get them though. they are german spec bulbs. but yes, it is extremely hard to find H4 silverstars.

Phlip
02-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by RBS14
Silverstars do come in H4's. Not sold commercially in the states. I have a friend who can get them though. they are german spec bulbs. but yes, it is extremely hard to find H4 silverstars.
I'm game, provided they don't wind up costing me more that the 79.99 (yes I found them for that low) Rabrigs...