PDA

View Full Version : Silvia emblems on a 240 - A step in the rice Direction? I'm asking you!

SpeedSk8X
01-31-2003, 05:26 PM
I did a search to see if this topic existed before and turned up empty handed, so if it has please forgive me.

I want to hear what everyone thinks about putting [proper]
Silvia emblems on a 240. Justifications for doing it or not doing it.

Personaly on my s14 I have a black 'S' shield on my hood and silver 'Silvia' on my trunk.

I don't think it's ricey like putting 'type-r' on a baseline Civic because it refers to a car not a specific version of said car.
Now If I put a 'K's' emblem on, that would be a little bit more
improper. I also somewhat have a [debatable] theory on why the car was not named Silvia in the US or AUS market, and that is it's just not american or AUS enough and thus they made a displacement refrence.

Atleast thats my argument when someone decides they are gonna try and ruin my day by bashing my car.

Dont get me wrong, I have my fair share of laughs on silly looking cars, "GT-R" mustangs, and mufflers that are big enough to be a foldgers coffe can on an 83 accord.

I dont lie or make up things to impress people, my car is bone
stock ka with a intake/exhaust.. And its gonna stay that way
for a while as I work on susspension stuff.

I'd like to hear what some of you have to say about it.

Keo
01-31-2003, 05:48 PM
I can't judge what all the other 240sx enthusiasts will say but I don't think it's that ricy... But on the other hand... unfortunatly we don't have the sr20det engine in our 240sx so it isn't the same specs... if you would have an sr20 swapped in, silvia tags would be justified alot more but I mean.. I see no harm in putting some silvia tags *shrug*

240racer
01-31-2003, 05:48 PM
If I see a silvia emblem on a s14, I think it's cool. If I see a silvia emblem on a sentra or nx2000 that's taking it too far. It mostly has to do with what other things you do to your car, the emblems don't make or break it when it comes to rice. If you had a type-R emblem, that would be bad too, but your emblems are oem, nonobtrusive and I think they look good.

IchigoMae
01-31-2003, 06:04 PM
I felt that it was the right time to put my silvia emblems after i turboed my ka. ifcourse i needed sumthing to kinda backup the emblems.

masta
01-31-2003, 06:22 PM
I totally agree with 240racer's view.

For you, just having the emblems is OK IMHO. Did you remove the old ones?

I do not know how the shield colors were assigned, but I know that the silver Silvia logo goes on the Zenki models on the middle instead of the left side like the Kouki models were which have the black emblem.

I see a lot of people putting the silver emblem on the left side, since it looks better there even though it does not belong there. Cannot call that rice though, since that is more like being meticulous. ;)

moose
01-31-2003, 06:33 PM
It's perfectly fine. I mean as long as your happy, and you can impress the ladies, that's all good. Because it's all about the ladies in the end...;) well not really but you know. Does anybody have any pics of various silvia emblems?? (S14)
I WANT ONE!!

transient
01-31-2003, 07:44 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and while i'm not going to use the word rice, I don't really see a point to it. Plain and simple, you're driving a 240sx, not a silvia. Why not just stick with the 240sx emblems? Now, if you decided to put 200sx emblems on there instead I could understand that, because you're showing the displacement of your engine. i've toyed with the idea of getting 180sx badging for my car after I get the CA swapped in, but right now it doesn't seem worth it to me.

HippoSleek
01-31-2003, 07:52 PM
If at the end of the day, you are okay with it that's all that matters.

My opinion is that Type-R logos on any US Civic look stupid. If you have a hatch w/ a B16B (iirc) and have basically cloned a rhd CTR, okay, that's enough for me. You have a Civic and has all CTR goodies except where the driver sits.

As you picked up on, the Silvia deal is different. I you call your Civic a Ferio or your G35 a Skyline or your Miata a Eunos, you are just wrong. It is a different model of car. Admittadly, if you clone a rhd Silvia (in lhd form) and really want the emblems - I wouldn't do it - but I wouldn't diss it. I would openly laugh at a KA powered "Silvia."

There is no shame in a 240sx -- and anyone "cool" enough to be impressed by the "Silvia" badge will be aware of what the car is. If you've got anyone your impressing, its only yourself and if you're trying to fool anyone, you are the bigger fool.

Also, FWIW, rather than think of the US and Aus as the only places that didn't get a Silvia, why not realize that Japan was the only place that DID.

-Proud 240 owner

240fluke
01-31-2003, 07:53 PM
From my understanding of the emblems it goes like this:

Silvia Emblem (The Word):
Silver Emblem - Zenki S14 ('94-'96 Japan? Maybe '95 Japan)
Black Emblem - Kouki S14 ('96/'97-'98)

Shield Colors:
Green - Zenki S14
Black - Kouki S14
Red - Aero Package for I believe the Kouki S14, possibly Zenki S14 as well.

Now, I have seen both a black and silver and a black and gold emblem, not sure if there is any real difference in these emblems, like they go with a particular model (maybe some were for the non-turbo models, while others for the turbo models).

Then of course there are the various side emblems (K's, Q's, J's...) depending on what package/version of the car you went with. (There has also been discussion about some A's model but not sure what that actually is, maybe an Autech Model of the Silvia).

Then of course there is stuff like Spec-R, but I won't talk about those, (as I don't know how that series of markings works :D )

So there you go, hope that helps. If I am wrong about ANY of this, hopefully someone will correct it.

But as for the front shield emblems, I think that there is ONLY the Green Shield emblem for the Zenki models, I don't believe it came on the Kouki models, and I don't believe there are any other color shields that came with the Zenki models (at least not from what I have seen/read about, but that is really limited).

The difference in the shields comes in the fact that the ones for the Zenki hood are slightly curved, while the Kouki emblems are Flat.

Tim '95 SE

Halz
01-31-2003, 09:13 PM
In MY opinion, not that it matters at all, I'm just a newbie, you cannot change a car's name.. From the factory, if it were a 240SX, it will always be a 240SX regardless of how many JDM parts you stick/bolt/glue/whatever on the car..

KoukiS14
01-31-2003, 09:22 PM
I don't think it's too bad at all... In my case, I removed the rear emblems on my 97 S14, and put a zenki S badge on the hood (2 sizes, zenki is smaller)... pretty cool, cause it's gold / green / silver and goes well with my green S14.

thelinja
01-31-2003, 09:41 PM
IMO, I think it's perfectly fine, just as long as you don't refer to your car as a Silvia, cuz it's still a 240. I've thought about badging my S14 as a Silvia but I don't really have the funds to do that right now. So it's basically just plain and simple, get the emblems if you wish, but keep in mind it's still a 240SX.
Funny emblem fallacy: Today on the freeway I passed a little Geo Metro hb that had Civic badging. The rear door had the "civic" and "Si" emblems and the boxed H....but up front it still had the elliptical Geo emblem. I had to give the guy the thumbs up.:p

elevator
01-31-2003, 09:48 PM
S14s and S15s are Silvias!! The S13's however are not.

The differentiations could be with the "Q's" or "K's". Stateside S14's and 15's are all "Q's" and they come non-turbo. The "K's" badges would (in most case) be fraudulent as they designate that the vehicle is turbo. No biggie though. I prefer the Silvia designation as apposed to 240 anyway.

thelinja
01-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by gladhatter

Judges?...................(buzzer)

elevator
01-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by thelinja
Judges?...................(buzzer)

No....Judges?....................(Ding,Ding,Ding,D ing,Ding,Ding,Ding,)

Study up some sonny!

SaintlyCharBoy
01-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Study up some sonny! [/B]

-well, after studying up some, i would have to say that my 95 isn't a silvia

i wish she were, but there are just too many differences, if anything, she is more closely related to teh 200sx of the rest of the world, but the silvia had a different motor, rhd, and different interior appointments

also - i have seen many a constructed s13 silvia wearing US tags

besides that, i love my 240, and the ka24 as a reasonable - not terribly amazing (as mine exists) - motor

she continues to plaster a smile on my face - 240 or not

as for emblems, who cares what everyone here thinks - if you like em, wear em!

[/b*tchy_mode]
-sean

elevator
01-31-2003, 10:39 PM
The sheet metal of an S14 is that of a Silvia. The sheet metal of an S15 is a Silvia. What you all call an S13 is NOT a Silvia.

DSC
01-31-2003, 10:52 PM
This topic sucks :rolleyes:

Quit bitching over a ****ing emblem and what they have in japan vs usa.

elevator
01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Who's bitching?

elevator
01-31-2003, 11:23 PM
This might help you guys.
http://www.200sx.org/faq_1.html#q1.1

Chicken Magnet
01-31-2003, 11:36 PM
*SIRENS! SIRENS!*

RICE PATROL IS HERE!!! IMO, it's ricey to put a Silvia emblem on your car if it's not as fast as a Silvia. I say this because you need to back up your Silvia emblem to avoid a scenario similar to this:

Curious George: "Do you have an SR20 in there?"
Ricerboy: "Uh..., no but I will in 20 years though".
Curious George: "What do you do in a 1/4 mile?
Ricerboy: "I'm in the 17s, low 16s when my girl isn't in the car".
Curious George: "Oh"....,(thinking: This guy's a rice cake!")

In other words, your car needs to earn the badge if you are even thinking about slapping that emblem on there. I have a '98 S14 and I had a Silvia emblem on the rear until I realized that it was no better than all these Civics and Integras putting "Type R" emblems on their cars that run 17's.

Bottom Line: Slap a Silvia emblem on your car if you can back it up. If not, rice patrol will be after you and don't be surprised to see your car in the Rice Boy Pages.

SpeedSk8X
01-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Ok, here is some replys
Sorry if I didnt put names,but Im sure you guys can figure out who they were ment for.

It's a 240 and no matter what it'll always be a 240,
and I'm damn proud to drive a 240.

When people ask me about my car, knowledgable or not,
I refer to it as a 240. My intent is not to mislead anyone.

My s14 is a black 96 and I used a black shield and I put
the silver Silvia on the left side where the 240 would have
been.

It's diffently not to impress anyone. And I realize anyone
that even knew what a real deal Silvia is would know that
mine was not one.

I did it because I find the word 'Silvia' more beautiful (for lack of better word) then 240, though I am diffently not ashamed of
240.. And it was not to "simulate performance" - which brings
me to my next reply

Though the first thing that probably everyone thinks when
they hear "silvia" is sr20det.. I didnt think it would be as controversial because I did'nt note engine type with a k's or q's emblem. But I diffently understand your points on it.

Q's emblem would be as incorrect as K's on a ka motor because
it denotes a specific n/a motor (sr20de)

What it all comes down to is that I thought I had a pretty solid
argument on why it was ok to do so because the 'Silvia' itself
is generic in refrence to package. But alot of you had some very
good points to counter-act that.

I asked out of curiosity to see what you all had to say about it
but I guess the bigger factor that I didnt think about and probably will decide whether I keep them or put back the 240 embs is do I really want to explain my whole life story everytime
someone asks "whats a silvia" or "why do you have silvia badges on there".... Probably not.

edit: When I get around to re-verting, is there any kind of special
double sided tape or glue to use on the emblems? I've seen 3m
emblem glue before at wal-mart even.. Is that the stuff to use or is too severe?

SpeedSk8X
01-31-2003, 11:59 PM
James: No I live in Georgia.. I wouldnt want to imagine what that wing looked like.. Our cars are so damn sexy with the oem spoiler
that I wouldnt understand why someone put their money there. But I guess that can be said about me and my emblems. heh.

Anyways Im not a big fan of spoilers and there
is only one or two body kits I like personaly,
our cars are just damn sexy even when their nekkid and thats what counts :)

SpeedSk8X
02-01-2003, 12:09 AM
This might help you guys.
http://www.200sx.org/faq_1.html#q1.1

On a lesser note did anyone catch this quote about the
AUS 200sx on the link above?

"It's enough to make die-hard Aussie muscle purists choke on their meat pies."

??? Dont even wanna know.

elevator
02-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by James
The U.S. never got a Silvia- NEVER

No kidding!? BUT the S14 IS a Silvia. They just called it something else in the US.

The US never had a Fairlady either. They had the "Z" s though didn't they?

Chikara
02-01-2003, 01:22 AM
somethings messed up when people get picky over a silvia emblem being rice. I think they are pretty nice on S14's. If I were you I would put it on. Doesn't matter if your don't got an SR you still have the same chassis. Rice is big ass aluminum wings with chrome rims on your S14.

Other then that...enjoy.

elevator
02-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by SpeedSk8X
It's diffently not to impress anyone. And I realize anyone
that even knew what a real deal Silvia is would know that
mine was not one. How would anyone know? Other than the fact that it has the steering wheel on the left instead of the right?

Though the first thing that probably everyone thinks when
they hear "silvia" is sr20det.. I didnt think it would be as controversial because I did'nt note engine type with a k's or q's emblem. ....Q's emblem would be as incorrect as K's on a ka motor because it denotes a specific n/a motor (sr20de) More Silvias are "Q's" than "K's", and not all Silvia's are SR20's, though in your year they would be. I have a Silvia "Q's" (my wife's) that is a CA18.

What it all comes down to is that I thought I had a pretty solid
argument on why it was ok to do so because the 'Silvia' itself
is generic in refrence to package. But alot of you had some very
good points to counter-act that.
Actually, what it comes down to is what do you like on your car? Who cares what everybody else thinks? You like it? You wear the badges proudly and screw the rest of the world!! :D

Keo
02-01-2003, 07:17 AM
No kidding!? BUT the S14 IS a Silvia. They just called it something else in the US.

The US never had a Fairlady either. They had the "Z" s though didn't they?

The reason they called it something else in the US is because it's not the same car. We got a 2.4 L engine... thats the main diff. So its a 240sx ( 240 for 2.4 L ) and not a Silvia.

KoukiS14
02-01-2003, 07:37 AM

The differentiations could be with the "Q's" or "K's". Stateside S14's and 15's are all "Q's" and they come non-turbo. The "K's" badges would (in most case) be fraudulent as they designate that the vehicle is turbo. No biggie though. I prefer the Silvia designation as apposed to 240 anyway.

And you LIVE in Japan? =)

Silvia goes back to the beginning. Sure, you have the hatch versions known as Gazelle or 180sx... but, all coupes were Silvias.

It's cool... Welcome to Zilvia.net!! I'm just givin' ya a hard time

thelinja
02-01-2003, 08:38 AM
No....Judges?....................(Ding,Ding,Ding,D ing,Ding,Ding,Ding,)

Study up some sonny!
Dammit, an S13 is a Silvia IN JAPAN. I thought you were referring to Japanese cars since you brought the S15 into it. S13's over here the US are 240's. Sorry if I misunderstood you. Here's what I make of it all:
Japan:S13, S14, S15- all Silvias, both Q's and K's
Europe: S14-200SX
-Did Europe ever see the S13 or S15?
Austrailia: S14, S15- 200SX
US:S13, S14-240SX
This would be so much easier if Nissan just called all of the "S" bodies Silvias!;)

HippoSleek
02-01-2003, 08:47 AM

With all due respect - that is, all respect due to a nube who has shot his mouth off in several posts telling people they are wrong when they aren't - you are full of sh!t. Whether you live in Japan or not, whether you can legally drive or not, don't feel you have a lock on all car knowledge.

1. As mentioned above, there have been silvias since the s110, at least. The name continued until last year. However, this name has been limited to the coupe form of the car.

2. While I'm sure your time in Japan has taught you a lot, you apparently didn't notice that in the s13 & s14 came in three model trims - J's (Jacks), Q's (Queens), and K's (Kings). The J's is the base model (w/ SR20de or CA18de), the Q's has most of the features of the K's except the det motor. The K's is the high end model w/ everything from the Q's plus motor (and a few other odd bits). Thus, the Q's doesn't represent non-turbo as much as it does an option package (much like an SE here in the states). If it were simply Q's and K's you might be able to make such a generalization, but b/c there are two trim levels w/o turbos you are wrong.

3. There are no s15's stateside.

How would anyone know? Other than the fact that it has the steering wheel on the left instead of the right?

Oh fountain of auto knowledge, tell me you haven't forgotten about things like map lights, window wipers, brakes, consoles, etc. :rolleyes:

See post above. There are differences - significant or not - between Silvias and 240sx's. Most visibly the whole steering wheel on the other side of the car thing. (but there are other things)

Next time you feel the need to show your sKiLlz about cars, do more than look at a sometimes innaccurate Aussie website b/c you lay down the smack.

beep beep, drive through :rolleyes:

transient
02-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Ok, going to ask this again. What the hell is the reason for wanting to call it a silvia?! You bought a ****ing 240sx, why don't you just call it a 240sx???? I'm not saying it's rice, because it's not, I just really don't understand this urge to call it a different name. As I said before, If you decide to badge it by engine displacement I can understand that, but why else?

KoukiS14
02-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by thelinja
......Japan:S13, S14, S15- all Silvias, both Q's and K's....

AND J's. . hehe

whateverjames
02-01-2003, 01:51 PM
my car is a 240sx, that's what i'll call it. call yours whatever you want. that's how i see it. here's a picture of a silvia emblem on a 240sx.

"boo hoo, someone put an "S" on their hood, i'm going to cry now" :D please :rolleyes: if people worry about this stuff...hmm, i don't know.

whateverjames
02-01-2003, 01:52 PM
forgot to add the pic, and i couldn't add it when editing.

KoukiS14
02-01-2003, 03:33 PM
I'm proud to have a nissan and like the way the NISSAN badge looks on the hood.

Main reason I took it off and stuck it on my arm rest (which actually looks alright, IMO) was to CONFUSE people... I would have left it bare, if it weren't for the holes. . also, to pay homage to the Silvia..

But, no Silvia anywhere else. =)

elevator
02-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by whateverjames
forgot to add the pic, and i couldn't add it when editing.

Nice looking Silvia!!

KoukiS14
02-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Nice looking Silvia!!

Holy shiznit I second that!!
Kind of ironic, that I'm the one that makes fun of Mustangs with their black mirrors (non-body colored)....

But it looks f'n NICE as hell on an S14..

elevator
02-01-2003, 09:13 PM
http://images.automotive.com/review_images/95240car.gif

1995 Nissa 240SX IS a Silvia S14!!

So...the s wheel is on the wrong side.
So...the engine is 2.4
So...etc

What friggin difference does it make?

NONE! Call it an Opel if you want!

Just DON'T call it a Hon duh!!!:D

elevator
02-01-2003, 09:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/ake2ly/Graphics/Nissan/240_ft_lt1.jpg

This '98 is a Silvia as well!! S14a

elevator
02-01-2003, 09:21 PM
S15 Silvia
"Strawberry Face"
http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/nissan/silvia/images/silvia03.jpg

AmherstSR20DET
02-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by KoukiS14
I'm proud to have a nissan and like the way the NISSAN badge looks on the hood.

Amen to that. People ask me what I drive, I say a Nissan and point to the 240SX in the window. IMHO, it came from the lot as a 240, and no matter how much I change it (SR20DET, front-end conversion, etc...) its still a 240 underneath it all. If anything, I'll just strip all tha badges off. It will confuse all the little whiners around here with their cheery-bomb equipped hondas.

Chicken Magnet
02-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Screw Silvia, I named my car KA-therine... and I sure enjoy riding in her day and night ;)

Kreator
02-02-2003, 01:48 AM
Putting it on is ok, paying $45 for it is lame. It's your car do whatever you want. Your are doing it for yerself not someone else. Who gives a **** if you get called a ricer? Although i'd prolly be the first one to do that :rolleyes: :p

elevator
02-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by James
Gladhatter:
will you give it a rest?
Nissan sent over our cars and called them 240sx's NOT SILVIAS.
Everyone else in the world got their's called Silvias- but not us, ok, jeez.

Why don't YOU give it a rest!!???

They as still the same car no matter WHAT you call them. The bodies are the same and they made a few minor changes, but they are still Silvias.

Silvia is a dumb name anyway. Kind of feminine. They should call them "Bobs" or "Earls". (never "Bruces")

Jeff240sx
02-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Guys. This is dumb. Gladhatter, get along with everybody or I'll start deleting your posts. If this keeps going on after that, I'm locking this topic.
No flames. Opinions and arguments, but no flames.
-Jeff

elevator
02-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Guys. This is dumb. Gladhatter, get along with everybody or I'll start deleting your posts. If this keeps going on after that, I'm locking this topic.
No flames. Opinions and arguments, but no flames.
-Jeff

I've been Mr. Congeniality!!

96SEChick
02-02-2003, 06:15 PM
They as still the same car no matter WHAT you call them. The bodies are the same and they made a few minor changes, but they are still Silvias.

I guess the only changes were minor changes if that's what you consider a completely different engine (including the fact that USDM isn't turbo'ed) & transmission & the fact that their driver's side is our passenger's side. Yeah, only "a few minor changes"

240fluke
02-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Hey Chicken Magnet, the car in your sig is your car right? Sweet looking ride. What kind of rims are those on the car in the picture? I checked the OZ site and those don't look like the OZ's you stated you have (maybe they are, but changed the design?). Anyways, what kind of rims are they? What kind of offsets? Where did you get them from and how much? Call me curious :P

Tim '95 SE

96SEChick
02-02-2003, 06:26 PM

Well, according to your post w/ the link to http://www.200sx.org/faq_1.html#q1.1 , you have indeed proven yourself wrong. The following info is listed under the S13 info:

Chassis Numbering on S13's
89-91 Silvia: S13 (1.8)
91-93 Silvia PS13 (2.0)

This is stating that the S13's ARE Silvias!! Dumbass..........

96SEChick
02-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 240fluke
Hey Chicken Magnet, the car in your sig is your car right? Sweet looking ride. What kind of rims are those on the car in the picture? I checked the OZ site and those don't look like the OZ's you stated you have (maybe they are, but changed the design?). Anyways, what kind of rims are they? What kind of offsets? Where did you get them from and how much? Call me curious :P

Tim '95 SE

This post is off-topic in this thread. Please http://www.zilvia.net/f/blued2/sendpm.gif

Jeff240sx
02-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Gladhatter. Watch it.
There are many moderators, and other people that want a forum to function correctly.
Just chill out. Your last 3 posts have had no relation to the topic you've posted in.
PM me if you have a problem, and if I can't help you, I'm sure that West or Irena can.
-Jeff

CoasTek240
02-02-2003, 07:06 PM
gladhatter--- ur an idiot!... continue to call ur car a silvia but stop expressing ur dumb logic to everyone else on here and possibly tainting the midn of some young newb.

(btw: moderator? feel free to delete this)

kazuo
02-02-2003, 09:06 PM
If I take an Integra and put a S14 front on it, is it still an Integra?

If I take a Pontiac GTO and make it Right-Hand Drive, is it still a Pontiac GTO?

If I take a CRX and drop a GSR motor into it, is it still a CRX?

This argument is stupid.

DMC
02-02-2003, 09:47 PM
silvia is ok if you have ab sr so u can show it off(on s14s), otherwise your gay.

elevator
02-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Others are allowed to be total anal pores but I can't defend myself??

How about at least a degree of fairness!!!!:rolleyes:

thelinja
02-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by DMC
silvia is ok if you have ab sr so u can show it off(on s14s), otherwise your gay.
Well that sums it up.

tnord
02-02-2003, 10:40 PM
if a silvia emblem is your biggest "grain of rice," then it's really not a big deal. i actually think they're kinda cool, but i'd never buy one because it's one of those things you just don't do.

KyoLo
02-03-2003, 04:04 AM
I think putting S shield on your front hood and Silvia emblem on the back of your trunk is fine, i think they look pretty tight and cool just from my personal judgement of beauty.

And whether 240sx in US is Silvia or not is totally a subjectivist fallacy, which means that a claim may be true for one person but not for another.

If saying US 240sx is not Silvia because of the engine, what point of view should Australian 200sx owners have then?? they have 2.0L SR20DE or SR20DET!!

I personally think it doesn't look too exaggerated like 100 unneccesary stickers on HONDAs, it can look as simple as S14 beauty herself.

But putting K's emblems on quarter panels......., i agree it's better to have SR20DET first to have them on.

nrcooled
02-03-2003, 08:34 AM
Just to add my .02

I am not a fan of rebadging (but I don't like bodykits either ::they're not for me:: ) It's just all about what you want to do w/ your car. IMHO it's rice. So I won't put it on my car but on yours it's all good!;)

FYI- Glad has only spread ignorance and intolerance since his apperance on the board and should be ignored at all costs!

DMC
02-03-2003, 02:09 PM
ok to me and many others Silvia specifies an SR20DET on an S14,S13,or S15 frame, and ofcourse S13s with pop ups, an sr, and hatch are 180sx, and silvia headlights are sileightys, etc.

240Stilo
02-03-2003, 04:59 PM
The only rebadging I would do to my 240SX would be a custom made KA-T emblem for when I slap a turbo kit on it. Other than that, only the circled NISSAN's ride with me.:D

elevator
02-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by DMC
ok to me and many others Silvia specifies an SR20DET on an S14,S13,or S15 frame, and ofcourse S13s with pop ups, an sr, and hatch are 180sx, and silvia headlights are sileightys, etc.

Not all Silvias are SR20DETs....shoot...not all are even SR

HippoSleek
02-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Not all Silvias are SR20DETs....shoot...not all are even SR
and none are KA or LHD.

Let it go. You have been heard. You aren't changing the other 80%'s mind with this one. And they won't change yours. Enough.

elevator
02-03-2003, 06:07 PM
I OWN a KA18DE Silvia!

You give it up!! What is your frickin problem!! Go back to school! It's NOT the engine that makes it a Silvia...it's the body style. Mine is a stock, factory, Silvia S13.

DMC
02-03-2003, 06:20 PM
wow it got old go over to japan and ask some guy who has a silvia to drive your car and tell u if its a silvia.

96SEChick
02-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by DMC
wow it got old go over to japan and ask some guy who has a silvia to drive your car and tell u if its a silvia.

Gladhatter lives in Japan already--look at his location underneath his name :rolleyes:

DMC
02-03-2003, 06:29 PM
well than why does he care about 240s? i mean you have a 1.8L non turbo your car sucks no matter what emblem you put on it.

huevos
02-03-2003, 06:29 PM
gladhatter you are contradicting yourself

Mine is a stock, factory, Silvia S13.

:confused:

elevator
02-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by DMC

get a clue, dude!

elevator
02-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by huevos
gladhatter you are contradicting yourself
:confused:
Nope, not all S13's are Silvias. As has been debated here the stateside S13s ARE NOT Silvias. They are what we call here "RPS13s" or "180SXs". I live in Japan and my Silvia is different than the S13s you have there. Mine is NOT a 180SX or a 240SX. Mine is an S13 Silvia. The S14s and S15s are all the same Silvia sheetmetal. (but it has been argued relentlessly that they aren't Silvias :rolleyes: whatever )

Plus......I would never contradict myself! :D Then I'd be wrong sometimes!! :D

96SEChick
02-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Why is your wife's KA18DE a Silvia instead of a 180SX? You're going deep here (shut up you perverts)--I'm not very familiar w/ JDM S13's

elevator
02-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 96SEChick
Why is your wife's KA18DE a Silvia instead of a 180SX? You're going deep here (shut up you perverts)--I'm not very familiar w/ JDM S13's
S13
http://202.139.242.57/images/silvia_veilside.jpg
RPS13
http://202.139.242.57/images/001.jpg
ONEVIA
http://www.q-off.com/qoff/onevia/onevia1.jpg

A 180SX is a totally different body style. It is what passes for a 240SX there. We also have a RPS13 here that we call a "onevia". It is what you call a notchback or a coupe. That is the ugliest of all RPS13s imho, but they are popular here as they are so different. I don't think they sold very many here but some wrecked silvias end up with 180 fronts just to be different. (thus..1' 'via)They are popular on the drift circuit. My silvia is totally stock. The wife prefers automatic and drive like a grandma. I take it out once in a while to dust it off. The KA18 isn't a bad engine. It is really durable. A gas station attendant accidentally put deisel in it once. I had to drain the tank and clean it out. After a day or two of running really crappy it runs great now.

SupraFreak
02-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DMC
well than why does he care about 240s? i mean you have a 1.8L non turbo your car sucks no matter what emblem you put on it.

DMC-- i couldnt have said it any better :cool:

but lets get back on the main question here:
"Silvia emblems on a 240 - A step in the rice Direction?"

As for me, it doesnt matter what kind of car you sport. If you're going to put stickers on it, then it's RICE!!!:rolleyes: But, why would you care what others think of your car? If you wanna make your car "look" all fast by putting stickers (in addition to a wing and a fart can) on it, then good for you. That's your perogative. But dont get all upset if the REAL drivers in this world, who have truly worked on their car to run faster and more efficient, taunt and humiliate your car cause you deserve it!

...nuff said. :mad:

elevator
02-03-2003, 08:36 PM

:) Don't be an azz! I am sure my WIFE can trounce you with her Silvia!

A KA18 is NOT a bad engine! Turbo or NA!

Do you just come here to diss me? or do you have something of value to add to the discussion? If you don't then I suggest you find another thread!

elevator
02-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by SupraFreak
As for me, it doesnt matter what kind of car you sport. If you're going to put stickers on it, then it's RICE!!!:rolleyes:
What is with all the negative labels? Crimony any Japanese car is RICE!!

But dont get all upset if the REAL drivers in this world, who have truly worked on their car to run faster and more efficient, taunt and humiliate your car cause you deserve it!
Real drivers?:rolleyes: Silvias are Silvias....no matter what is under the hood.
...nuff said.:mad:
We finally agree!

elevator
02-03-2003, 10:12 PM
:rolleyes:

MYOB!

I was just answering the chicks ?

Get a freaking life!!

Jeff240sx
02-03-2003, 10:25 PM
Good call James. Topic locked.