PDA

View Full Version : Are the Nico forums dying?

surreybc
10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Seems like they have so many subforums that they have disrupted traffic to the point all theiir forums are dead except the general forum . so damn rude and psycho over there

ZenkiGTS
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
i woudn't know i never used NICO in my life.... been using zilvia since 2002

dirtdiggler666
10-30-2008, 03:49 PM
ya their is just way to much stuff going on i went on their just to check it out and their is shit everywhere

SochBAT
10-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Whats a Nico?

SimpleS14
10-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm rarely on NICO, so I don't know if there is a trend going on with that forum.

I do agree the layout and subforums are horrid. The only multi Nissan forum I like is FA...and yes I know they have there own quirks.

your join date says another story :keke:

A Spec Products
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah I have nothing against NICO whatsoever

But I never went on NICO throughout my 240 years

Not cause its bad

But just cause eh Zilvia was enough, I never had time to surf more than one forum avidly

Om1kron
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Nico is a site where nissan noobs leave their lives work and every move up to judgment by the great BH apparently. Nobody over there know's how to do anything right. It's just sad!

GSXRJJordan
10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I've always thought that anything worth a damn on NICO would be posted here too.

Zilvia, ZT, and Freshalloy - although nowdays, it seems like ZT and FA are dying too.

2ilvia
10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
yeah i just realized that myself, like a million subforums and no good info

exitspeed
10-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah I have nothing against NICO whatsoever

But I never went on NICO throughout my 240 years

Not cause its bad

But just cause eh Zilvia was enough, I never had time to surf more than one forum avidly

Same.

Same.

Same.

Same.

importdude
10-30-2008, 03:54 PM
i goto nico to sell stuff :P
and only sell

Propaganda
10-30-2008, 03:56 PM
so damn rude and psycho over there
LOL... Everybody I talk to says Zilvia is full of NAZIs. OH well...

I think that the reason why forums are dying is because everything that needs to be covered has been covered for the most part. Hence why lots of people say "SEARCH"

ThatGuy
10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
This is not directly related to S or Z Chassis.

I'm gonna go ahead and move it to Off Topic.

Also, DO NOT turn this into a NICO bashing fest. Even if you have good reason to think it is well deserved.

exitspeed
10-30-2008, 03:57 PM

I think that the reason why forums are dying is because everything that needs to be covered has been covered for the most part. Hence why lots of people say "SEARCH"

That's why I'm looking forward to the new SX. It'll breath new life into this forum. I hope Zilvia wants to get on board.

A Spec Products
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM

Zilvia's "environment" has changed drastically since the early days though

I am not saying it is going in a negative direction, but there's a lot of people with negative energy proving that "the internet is serious business"

LOL

MELLO*SOS
10-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Another thread about NICO. LOL, classic.

ESmorz
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Who the fuck cares?

Nico is shit anyways.

mrmephistopheles
10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
throughout my 240 years

You're fucking OLD, Logan. I thought humans generally died off ~100 max. What was life like in the colonies under the rule of Britain? :keke:

I am not saying it is going in a negative direction, but there's a lot of people with negative energy proving that "the internet is serious business"

LOL

I keep hearing this, but I'm still confused. I used to be super supremo asshole #1 here, and would ban people at the drop of a hat. I used to ban 3-4 members a day for dumb stuff. In the past few years, I've gotten to be..... nicer. That's resulted in me banning/pinking 3-4 ppl a MONTH.

Nico is shit anyways.

What did Barry JUST say? Next person to bash gets to spend some time in the corner.

SexPanda
10-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I like Zilvia better. Cool people, lots of info, and a good layout. I mean, I can say fuck here, but on Nico they wont let me. Also, this place is a specific nissan forum, not all nissan, just the cool ones. Z and S chassis cars are tits. Serious.

apex
10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
when i started nico had way better tech threads but now its the same
stuff over and over with all the new guys comin out so i come here were
most of the time there is sumthing new to learn

ESmorz
10-30-2008, 04:45 PM
What did Barry JUST say? Next person to bash gets to spend some time in the corner.

Excuse me for skimming over a thread.

:bow:

mrmephistopheles
10-30-2008, 04:50 PM

User banned.

your join date says another story :keke:

The IP matches and join date would prove otherwise.

West
10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
/me disables new registrations....

DUFFM4N
10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
in regards to the OP....im sure members on Nico have the same opinion about us over here...ive browsed the "zilvia" related topics, some posts make a point...others are just ignorant and childish

cc4usmc
10-30-2008, 04:55 PM
User banned.

Wow. I was going to call that guy out on that. What a retard.

Nico was how I found zilvia :bigok:

yokotas13
10-30-2008, 05:04 PM
hey, those are my S4S's!

Mangudai
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
There are very rude people on there but I'd be willing to say there are even more on here. With that said, I enjoy this site more because of the layout. Its very simple.

allntrlundrgrnd
10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
wait why was that dude banned? cause he said he was a member longer than he was? lol

i dont know shit about nico

SimpleS14
10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
That's why I'm looking forward to the new SX. It'll breath new life into this forum. I hope Zilvia wants to get on board.

I doubt it will be good....I can already imagine the newbie posts and "can my car beat xxx" threads.

ThatGuy
10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
wait why was that dude banned? cause he said he was a member longer than he was? lol

^He was a previously banned member trying to sneak by with a new name.

Then the dumbass blatantly gave himself away. :duh:

SimpleS14
10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree about the comment on Zilvia's layout. It's very straight forward and simple.

I haven't seen you post in ages.

Om1kron
10-30-2008, 05:22 PM

OH SNAP!!! lol :keke:

DUFFM4N
10-30-2008, 05:23 PM

in an attempt to look "OG"

fixed :keke:

usdm180sx
10-30-2008, 05:23 PM
NICO is fun. I always enjoy following BRIAN's threads haha. BOTH NICO and Zilvia have great info. It depends on what mood I'm in :)

allntrlundrgrnd
10-30-2008, 05:33 PM
!!! what an asshat lol

shot himself in the foot on that one hahah

DUFFM4N
10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
!!! what an asshat lol

shot himself in the foot on that one hahah

YouTube - 8 Mile - Cheddar Bob Shoots Himself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvqqzaX0yVI)

i had to :keke:

JeremyR
10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
nico just leg humps ka's all day. and oem "areo" (which isnt areo but they call it that anyway) oh yeah and my favorite thread. "project ebay" which to sum it up: buy a cheap ass shell. fill it with ebay parts + ebay motor. pray that it will run good becuase of "why pay more for something when i can get it on ebay for less" mentality. than watch the motor go bunk.

peep it. nico's for poor people who justify not modifying there car becuase they like "oem" and "stock" better. nobody buys a 240sx these days with intentions of keeping it stock.

zilvia and ZT are where its at.

ps. its also the home of 2378324 "build" threads filled with stock 240s and NO modifications done.

allntrlundrgrnd
10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
nico just leg humps ka's all day. and oem "areo" (which isnt areo but they call it that anyway) oh yeah and my favorite thread. "project ebay" which to sum it up: buy a cheap ass shell. fill it with ebay parts + ebay motor. pray that it will run good becuase of "why pay more for something when i can get it on ebay for less" mentality. than watch the motor go bunk.

peep it. nico's for poor people who justify not modifying there car becuase they like "oem" and "stock" better. nobody buys a 240sx these days with intentions of keeping it stock.

zilvia and ZT are where its at.

ps. its also the home of 2378324 "build" threads filled with stock 240s and NO modifications done.

HAHAHAH BANNING in 5 4 3 2 .....

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1311/530741998_0add95576c.jpg?v=0

ThatGuy
10-30-2008, 05:38 PM
oem "areo" (which isnt areo but they call it that anyway)

I would disagree with this, but I don't have OEM areo.

I have OEM Aero and it's quite nice.

DUFFM4N
10-30-2008, 05:40 PM
someone say oreos?

JeremyR
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
ouch...spelling pwns me.

j6250
10-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Oem aero rocks all day. "nico this" and "nico that", I bet you guys are regular lurkers
:hide:

Rey of Spots
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I was a NICO member, but my friend turned me onto Zilvia.

Matej
10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
On the contrary, I never got pinked on Nico for posting the D-Drug Spread Eagle hood, unlike on a certain forum...

:angel:

mrmephistopheles
10-30-2008, 05:51 PM

:bowrofl:

VVVVV This VVVVV

Then the not-so-clever fellow blatantly gave himself away. :duh:

Fixed that for you, Barry. :keke:

I agree about the comment on Zilvia's layout. It's very straight forward and simple.

Which is why I've fought adding tons of specific subforums.

HAHAHAH BANNING in 5 4 3 2 .....

I'll ban for bashing and other such shenanigans, but that wasn't bashing.

someone say oreos?

No, we don't randomly stray from the topic like other forums. Nobody said oreos.

ZipTiedCoupe
10-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Matej: What hood is that? PM me a pic? I havent seen that.

Yea Zilvia > Nico.

lflkajfj12123
10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
don't be mad because nico's stylin' on you

oem aero since 89

FaLKoN240
10-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Shouldn't this thread be made on Nico since it is about it?

edit: This is Zar

coreansurfer
10-30-2008, 06:31 PM
i like nico because it has an rb specific sub forum that is regularly updated.

i hate nico for their "best looking s13/14/15 ever" thread, a bunch of weak looking sunken wheel'd cars that are mostly just members posting pics of their own piles of junk.

Best looking S14 Kouki's EVER: 240SX Forum / 180SX Forum / Silvia Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=355652)

raz0rbladez909
10-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Nico is a site where nissan noobs leave their lives work and every move up to judgment by the great BH apparently. Nobody over there know's how to do anything right. It's just sad!

who is "the great BH"? i've seen the initials before around here but have no clue who he is?:hide:

rps13drift
10-30-2008, 06:37 PM
I only do the nico every blue moon for the 240sx convertible forum. lots of good info about what differs it from the normal s13s and what not. I absolutely love freshalloys tech threads and thats where i post if i have a problem. But zilvia is the cool laid back place where we can swear and make fun of people over wheel fittment.

shishcabobers
10-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Zilvia's Off-Topic Forum is awesome, or was depends.
http://makefun.cn/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/whos-awesome.jpg

exitspeed
10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Zilvia's Off-Topic Forum is awesome, or was depends.
http://makefun.cn/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/whos-awesome.jpg

As the OT king #2 (#1 is on a temp. vacation) I must say it IS.

Pank
10-30-2008, 06:49 PM
who is "the great BH"? i've seen the initials before around here but have no clue who he is?:hide:

Brian Harte

Goes by "Brian" here.
has an epileptic avatar

s13dan
10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
word- i got no use for NICO.. It seem to be a great forum but i rather just use good ol zilvia...

AznDrftr.
10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
forums seem to die eventually especially if you dont have anything that'll attract people ya know.

Big city, nice forum, great content = lots of people

Quality or quantity for sure.

I ran numerous of forums from different genres.

So its how you run the biz.

Zilvia, is doing great imo.

Im tryin to get my centex site underway. its a start soo...

lflkajfj12123
10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Brian TOTAL SLUT Harte

Goes by "Brian" here.
has an epileptic avatar

fixed

can commonly be seen using phrases like "hot" "jdm" "swank" or driving with a KA

not to be confused among the many internet drifters who have adopted BH terminology

HalveBlue
10-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I feel NICO has its own character. I don't mean that in a negative way either.

NICO is actually the first forum I visited, way before I even ever drove a 240. I quickly discovered Zilvia however, and became more comfortable with the community here.

And that's the strength of NICO, it's a lot more new-user friendly. Whereas a lot of the way posts on NICO are written in a style that's frowned upon here at Zilvia, it may be just right users who are put off by Zilvia member's expectations of acceptable behavior.

Zilvia has an entirely different fair compared to NICO. I find members, at least core members, of this forum to be more serious in their post composition compared to NICO. While this may be discouraging to users of other sites who perceive this behavior as unfriendly and hostile, anybody to read between the lines realizes this has more to do with keeping the quality of information legible and manageable.

As far as NICO dying out is concerned, I think just a reflection for the way things are going industry-wide. The 240 is an old platform, and a lot of the younger kids these days are focusing more the visual aspects of import cars as opposed to doing mechanical work.

Perhaps it's a generational shift.

A lot of the older crowd is growing up and leaving the hobby behind, be it due to financial reasons or change in interests.

A lot of the younger kids on the other hand are more influenced by the all-show-no-go fantasy of The Fast and the Furious fame.

In fact, many car manufacturers are realizing this and releasing vehicles that cater the more visual minded youth buyer. The appearance of performance with few if any real improvements in performance.

The domestic guys have been much better at being able to keep their generational replacements focused on show-and-go improvements on vehicles.

AznDrftr.
10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh also, to add to that, i think a lot has to do with appearance as well. Looking at the Nico board, kinda looks old retro style ya know, whereas Zilvia has a more appealing look to it, very easy to read use, etc.

But then agian, Nico does have it based upon a nice set up with articles, how-tos as such.

98s14inaz
10-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Seems like they have so many subforums that they have disrupted traffic to the point all theiir forums are dead except the general forum . so damn rude and psycho over there

Yeah it is. I've known Greg for years and he must seriously be getting desperate for mods, most of the ones he has now are freaking retards. The forum is way to busy looking too. Reminds me of idiocracy...

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/idiocracy-tv-dvd.jpg

http://jzxproject.com/images/nico.JPG

s13 @ fullboost
10-30-2008, 08:06 PM
when ever I go on Nico my head hurts from all the sub forums and I have to take a Tylenol =/

Stoichiometric
10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
I like NICO because they have more TECH stuff and more resources with regards to Stickies and Mods.

Zilvia is good for selling stuff and chit chat and is more oganized for Local Meets.

NICO and Zilvia have their plus and Minuses. I still go on Nico sometimes for a few Tech Specs.

MAXIMUS_PR
10-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I like NICO because they have more TECH stuff and more resources with regards to Stickies and Mods.

Zilvia is good for selling stuff and chit chat and is more oganized for Local Meets.

NICO and Zilvia have their plus and Minuses. I still go on Nico sometimes for a few Tech Specs. i have to agree on this but nico probably needs an update other thing is it grew up so big that it got out of hands i like this forum layout better

Flicktitty
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
When i first got into the Nissan SX/Z forums i went to Nico (i have some 3K+ posts) But bout 2 years ago i got sick of it and went searching and then i just got out of the S-chassis scene for a bit and got into the Z cars. Then now i'm back to the SX world. and thought i'd try Zilvia.

What i have to say though is. Whats on Zilvia now will be "cool" and "hip" on Nico in 9-12months.

muddafakka
10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I prefer Zilvia over NICO for a number of reasons but when it comes to vert-specific stuff, I've gotta give it to NICO. Most of the vert owners there are pretty cool and know their stuff. Some of NICO's tech stuff is pretty informative as well but for the most part, Zilvia is where I get my info. Another thing I prefer Zilvia for is pictures of nicely done 240s.

But whatever. I hardly ever go there anymore.

surreybc
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
only the general forum gets enough traffic where you can get a question answered. of course the mod moves the post to one of the subforums that noone visits. seems like they are committing suicide because the top management has lost interest. they seem to promote trolls to the position of mod.

allntrlundrgrnd
10-30-2008, 09:23 PM
lol have you guys think nico is cluttered, anyone been on scionlife?

JEEEEZUS i joined to throw my wheels up for sale but you need 50 posts to post in classifieds and i didnt even bother, it makes my brain hurt.

take a gander

ScionLife Index (http://www.scionlife.com/forums/)

Stoichiometric
10-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Pssshh. Scion. They are girl cars in my opinion. Good cars from Toyota, but eh~.

They infect the streets.. I see Scions everywhere. I don't think guys look good or cool in a Scion, IMHO.

Zilva and Nico all have idiots. I like Zilvia because the creator is cool and Instead of an S for Silvia, he used a ZZZZZZZ .. oOOooOOOoooOOOOO.

Zantastic!

allntrlundrgrnd
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't think guys look good or cool in a Scion, IMHO.

LOL you think guys look good in 240's ?!?!?!? :love:

and i didnt say i liked them i joined to post up the enkeis that came on my moms xA

s13k4v13
10-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Zilvia > Nico

SexPanda
10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
As far as NICO dying out is concerned, I think just a reflection for the way things are going industry-wide. The 240 is an old platform, and a lot of the younger kids these days are focusing more the visual aspects of import cars as opposed to doing mechanical work.

Perhaps it's a generational shift.

A lot of the older crowd is growing up and leaving the hobby behind, be it due to financial reasons or change in interests.

A lot of the younger kids on the other hand are more influenced by the all-show-no-go fantasy of The Fast and the Furious fame.

In fact, many car manufacturers are realizing this and releasing vehicles that cater the more visual minded youth buyer. The appearance of performance with few if any real improvements in performance.

As a youngster, I'd like to say yeah I agree. But there are many 20 something year olds I know, along with one kick ass 17 year old, who are all about go over show. I feel bad that a car with such potential as the 240sx has fallen to the hands of 16 year old kids who have watched the fast an furious too many times. Its even harder being a trained mechanic trying to deal with these people. Here's an example:

Me: Cool a 98 240sx SE. You planning on leaving it stock or are you going to give it some power?
Him: Yeah, I ordered some euro headlights and taillights and a muffler. I'm thinking about getting a body kit, I really like the vader one!
Me: Seriously?
Him: Yeah. I think Im gonna drift it too.
Me: What if you wreck it?
Him: Then I'll fix it and sell it to some ricer.

That is an almost exact word for word conversation between me and some kid in KC. It broke my heart.

As far as NICO goes, when I first got my s13 I didnt know what I had. It was before drifting was big. I went on there to learn some things. I think it was 04 or so... Im not going to lie, I did learn some from their site. I heard about Zilvia through a Cicso240. At first I was like WTF then I kinda found my niche so to speak.

whiteytighties
10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I actually joined Freshalloy, Nico, and then zilvia.

Zilvia is a little more laid back but sorta immature some times imo. I feel like it's infested with a bunch of kids that think they know everything. I've met a few zilvia members that actually proves that.

Freshalloy is where all the original S chassis guys are; mature with great technical information. That is where I did my research when I got into s13s back in 2000 and still do today.

Nico was a great newbie forum like some of you have mentioned. It's great for basic information and basic swaps and installs. Nice community, unfortunately most members are from the mid west to the east coast.

EDacIouSX
10-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I've always thought that anything worth a damn on NICO would be posted here too.

Zilvia, ZT, and Freshalloy - although nowdays, it seems like ZT and FA are dying too.

Thats cause ZT has this super exclusive only way of getting on the forums there. I think its kind of arrogant which is why I haven't applied. I probably wouldn't get in anyway though i would like to see whats poppin on that forum.

mrmephistopheles
10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Zilva and Nico all have idiots. I like Zilvia because the creator is cool and Instead of an S for Silvia, he used a ZZZZZZZ .. oOOooOOOoooOOOOO.

Zantastic!

For everybody else not seeing the forest for the trees, there's a Z in Zilvia because Mark (Founder of Zilvia) had a sweet Z32. He also had a sweet S14. Some S13s in there too. Point is, he likes all of those chassis, and wanted a forum that catered to Zs and Ss.

Sounds better than 240ZX to me, anyway.

allntrlundrgrnd
10-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice community, unfortunately most members are from the mid west to the east coast.

what are you tryin to say BRO!

wynnEZ
10-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Ive been a member for Nico for quite sometime now and I must say Nico will always be my home. Nico is not cluttered at all, all the advertisements are placed to the side not in the middle of the thread, the sub forums help cut down search time and allow communicate in groups such as the CA boys and the SR guys being separated. Here its all bunched into one category. I am from the Midwest area so there is more activity than over here. The moderators over there will help you with anything and will give a chance to fix your mistake, here its kinda blatant your thread gets locked asap or your banned. The things I really dont like is theres really no cars there that are appealing. Zilvia has sick builds and cars and the enviroment Im looking for. I love both sites and they both offer alot, but both have their weaknesses.

Future240
10-30-2008, 11:08 PM
For everybody else not seeing the forest for the trees

My new saying.

I prefer zilvia over nico. My reason is largely due to the colors of nico tend to strain my eyes after a while. That and multiforums would consume too much of my life. I am already on Zilvia 3-12 hours a day.

When I get an SX I will check nico as well as Zilvia for deals. Still hopin to find that elusive 800 dollar S14(hey i can dream):snoop:

azndoc
10-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Thats cause ZT has this super exclusive only way of getting on the forums there. I think its kind of arrogant which is why I haven't applied. I probably wouldn't get in anyway though i would like to see whats poppin on that forum.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Trust me.... you wouldn't get in.

I think I'm still banned from NICO.

I think I've signed on like ten times and have been banned for like two years now.

idk.

kisses Andrew.

Haven't seen you in a while.

SimpleS14
10-31-2008, 06:06 AM
....unfortunately most members are from the mid west to the east coast.

That comment can come off as a negative. What exactly are you implying? :tweak:

SHIFT_*grind*
10-31-2008, 07:35 AM
someone say oreos?

Oreola?

NICO's definitely gone downhill. I was a member there before I really found out about this place. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too many subforums now.

I got temp banned at one point for getting heated in an argument with this fool who kept proclaiming that Koni/GCs were "crap" and Megan coils were "pretty good." :tweak:

ZipTiedCoupe
10-31-2008, 07:48 AM
i like zilvia bc of the pictars.

Seriously though, I choose Zilvia because of one, its appeal and userface. Also, we have some of the most badass cars on here as well. Not to mention wheel fitment threads and stretched tire threads. Im sold.

Also, Mr.Meph: Pics or Ban of Mark's car! :angel: :bigok:

exitspeed
10-31-2008, 07:49 AM
I find members, at least core members, of this forum to be more serious in their post composition compared to NICO. While this may be discouraging to users of other sites who perceive this behavior as unfriendly and hostile, anybody to read between the lines realizes this has more to do with keeping the quality of information legible and manageable.

Sooo what your saying is the guy that bought my car and is now trying to sell it would fit in well over at NICO.

I have a 1993 nissan 240sx S13 SE coupe purl white with 150,000 on it stock motor stock exhaust stock everything nothing aftermarket (but cd player) Georgia car so no rust at all never seen winter in Wisconsin the only thing that is wrong with the 240 is the dents on passager side on qwart and door thats it and fender is a flat on passager side also it's hard to get pic's of the dents and the flat white fender because of it being white the inside is a 9/10 and is black with a black S14 driverseat needs brakes and power steering leaks alittle and starter is old but runs good and is a good car to fix for winter project also have another set of wheels 15in sportmax black with a deep crome dish would look nice on it when lowered have tire's on them and have the stock set also that are on it now but like i said is a good 240sx for a winter project just some little dents pulled out and paint the fender and you have a clean 240 coupe or a good everday car email me for more pic's if interested Thanks looking for a EF 88-91 civic hatch ot DSM to trade

PBucch
10-31-2008, 08:04 AM

LOL

yup

Lawlsies

98koukile
10-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Zilvia has something Nico will never have... Russ. So they have a technical page with some scattered information from all different people, have you ever seen a question (besides what body kit is the dopest) that this guy can't answer?

HyperTek
10-31-2008, 09:25 AM
i remember seriously checkin out nico for when that guy figured out how to wire the jdm digitial climate control for the s13.. theres just some techie stuff on there that you wont find here... people here are mostly concerned with wheel fitment and drop lol

Reminds me of RX7club in the way that theres soo many dam sections its a turn off. I usually stick with one section on there, the fc area. You got the FC area, FD area, then you got rotary , turbo, then you got other sections, suspension, exterior,.. etc damm soo many sections that could all fit under the car..

Antihero983
10-31-2008, 11:24 AM
it seems like ZT and FA are dying too.

good the sooner the better. :fawkd: :keke:

usdm180sx
10-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Zilvia is a little more laid back but sorta immature some times imo. I feel like it's infested with a bunch of kids that think they know everything. I've met a few zilvia members that actually proves that.

Fuck man you should check out ZT LOL

But they have good shit on there too though :bigok: "Chicks of the day" and "Pics of your recent flavors" FTW haha

aziankingz
10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
what is ZT? another forum that is pretty much gone is 240sxforums.com

usdm180sx
10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
ZT = ziptied. Haha funny you should mention that. I'm a moderator on there. Yeah it has a different vibe. Mostly people from the east coast. It's a good forum though.

aziankingz
10-31-2008, 12:58 PM
nice im going to check that out..

driven_
10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Sooo what your saying is the guy that bought my car and is now trying to sell it would fit in well over at NICO.
i knew that was yours!!!!!

Mangudai
10-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I prefer Zilvia over NICO for a number of reasons but when it comes to vert-specific stuff, I've gotta give it to NICO. Most of the vert owners there are pretty cool and know their stuff. Some of NICO's tech stuff is pretty informative as well but for the most part, Zilvia is where I get my info. Another thing I prefer Zilvia for is pictures of nicely done 240s.

But whatever. I hardly ever go there anymore.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Marcus
10-31-2008, 05:32 PM
funny this came up.

the other day i was googling some car crap. every other tag was from nico. they seemed to have lots of useful writeups.

so i registered.

then shot myself.

Rey of Spots
10-31-2008, 05:40 PM
then shot myself.
You must have shot your leg or something if you're still posting.

mbmbmb23
10-31-2008, 07:44 PM

Freshalloy is where all the original S chassis guys are; mature with great technical information. That is where I did my research when I got into s13s back in 2000 and still do today.

Nico was a great newbie forum like some of you have mentioned. It's great for basic information and basic swaps and installs. Nice community, unfortunately most members are from the mid west to the east coast.

I tend to agree with most of what you said. I use Nico for the CA18 specific board and the classifieds. They also have a few threads that are bookmark-worthy (s13 digital AC conversion write up, etc). I use Zilvia for any "show" questions like wheels/aero/paint/etc, and FA for any real technical questions. The problem I have with Zilvia is that flaming can get out of hand and go unchecked due to favoritism and the now defunct "rep" system only contributed to this by allowing negative reps given based on a difference of opinion and not just factual inaccuracies or general stupidity on the posters behalf.
I find it funny how some fanboi preemies strut around these boards then behave themselves on FA because the pecking order over there is based on entirely different criteria. After everything is said and done I still like Zilvia best as its a good mix of show and go...and the mods are fairly consistent.

Anyhow...

DJButton
11-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Hahahahaahah, theses threads rock. I've never understood even discussing it, I think Zilvia is cool as hell, as well as NICO. Very few Zilvians live around here though and as a result most of Nissan friends I actually met thru NICO, best group of people you could possibly hang-out with. I'm one of the moderators on NICO but I spend almost as much time over here and on the local New England 240 board. Never understood the whole thing at all with the bickering etc. I NEVER go in the actual 240 forum on NICO, spend my time other places. So it's like Apples to Oranges, different strokes for different folks. But once more, threads like this make me laugh, there's always that one person that makes it go sour, and vice versa, this thread would most likely end up in the dumpster on NICO too.

By the way, seems like an approriate place to mention, you guys do a hell of a job running Zilvia too. All car forums of this type bring out stupidity at some point and it's a pain dealing with the idiots, but stuff is dealt with and kept pretty clean. Rock on.

DJ

Oh and as to the O.Ps question, we're not dying at all over there, just branching out in different directions and focusing on different things then S chassis pretty much.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
11-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Zilvia Is simple,lots of Info, For sale section owns all,Threads are funny,Its not a boring forums with 1 single color for everything,Mods are cool, and yea.

Nico has Info also but It's just too boring everything Is one color and there Is too many sub-forums. Nico Is cool just too boring for my taste

soreballz
11-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Why is this thread still open?

Is this NICO?

No.

As such, who gives a fuck? This isn't NICO... This is ZILVIA.

NICO threads belong on NICO. Not on ZILVIA.

Fuck.

sillyvia13
11-01-2008, 07:51 AM
"go back to being Greg Childs Lap dog"
Thatguy

I guess I am a lapdog for nico...
lol....

Thatdude has a hair on his ass for me... and sent this to me once..
to funny, I searched to find out who the hell greg childs was got some GANGSTA foosball playa!

oh wellz.
internet serious bidness...

a better thread would be ,
"Why is it 80% of mods are assholes with stockish 240'S"
lol...

fliprayzin240sx
11-01-2008, 07:56 AM
I found 1 more reason why I love zilvia...everytime I get on and run into Jacks (AZNDOCs) post, I see a new Avatar that puts a smile on my face...

http://zilvia.net/f/avatars/azndoc.gif?dateline=1225313317:boink:

All joking aside tho, I still like 240sx.org for the FAQ page up front. Thats the only reason I still remember to go there. Hell, I dont even know that place as NICO cuz I've always known it as 240sx.org. For most you guys who dont know, NICO and 240sx.org used to be 2 different entity. 240sx.org couldnt afford the bandwidth cost so the original owner sold the site to the owner of NICO, all this was circa 2002-03 ish iirc. I spent alot of time there when I was new in the game, must say I've met a couple cool cats on NICO from the east coast before I got stationed to Norcal. Only reason I got started on Zilvia was due to me moving to Northern California, which alot of members on here were from. For the most part, norcal got a tight knit 240sx community...

That seemed to be the trend with me, everytime I move, I get on a forum that alot of locals go to. When I was in NJ, I was on Importfanatix alot, met alot of cool cats there. 240sx.org when I was going up and down the east coast, met alot of cats in GA and FL. Got to norcal, zilvia. Got to Okinawa japan, I moved into zeroyon.com. But hey, im still on zilvia...

PS: Jack, who's that^^^^??? Neeeekid pix please....i mean, errrr....desert porn?

SilviaS14
11-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I remember I registed at Freshalloy in 2000 and Zilvia circa 2001. Zilvia was back then from what I remember more Z oriented. I remember comments about "NICO" on FA before the NICO management got brought in and turned FA into NICO-lite. I never bothered to register at what I saw as a virtual NOPI car show.

Marcus
11-01-2008, 11:50 AM
You must have shot your leg or something if you're still posting.

actually no, im dead.

DJButton
11-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Silvia S14, LOL at the FA comment, WE kicked freakin fruitcake Fred out of NICO and he went over to try his hand at ruining FA too I believe. heh and so the world turns, internet is always serious bidness.

DALAZ_68
11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
i gotta be honest the only thing i use NICO for is the CA18 section which is active daily, we dont have enough support here in the Zilvia forum, so i go were i can get the info i need,

but i digress, the CA community in general is tiny compared ot the SR/KA/RB peeps, zilvia is more tight nit group and u meet good (and bad sadly) people, but its a good community

drift freaq
11-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I found 1 more reason why I love zilvia...everytime I get on and run into Jacks (AZNDOCs) post, I see a new Avatar that puts a smile on my face...

http://zilvia.net/f/avatars/azndoc.gif?dateline=1225313317:boink:

All joking aside tho, I still like 240sx.org for the FAQ page up front. Thats the only reason I still remember to go there. Hell, I dont even know that place as NICO cuz I've always known it as 240sx.org. For most you guys who dont know, NICO and 240sx.org used to be 2 different entity. 240sx.org couldnt afford the bandwidth cost so the original owner sold the site to the owner of NICO, all this was circa 2002-03 ish iirc. I spent alot of time there when I was new in the game, must say I've met a couple cool cats on NICO from the east coast before I got stationed to Norcal. Only reason I got started on Zilvia was due to me moving to Northern California, which alot of members on here were from. For the most part, norcal got a tight knit 240sx community...

That seemed to be the trend with me, everytime I move, I get on a forum that alot of locals go to. When I was in NJ, I was on Importfanatix alot, met alot of cool cats there. 240sx.org when I was going up and down the east coast, met alot of cats in GA and FL. Got to norcal, zilvia. Got to Okinawa japan, I moved into zeroyon.com. But hey, im still on zilvia...

PS: Jack, who's that^^^^??? Neeeekid pix please....i mean, errrr....desert porn?

Yes Jacks pics rock! Who is that chick Jack? lol Anyways what is written above is truth.
Fact is I was on 240sx.org and socal240sx.org first before Zilvia and FA. I joined FA around the same time I joined here. in November 2001. 240sx.org went to shit when it got sold to NICO but what Nico got was all the 240sx.org faq stuff and writeups. A lot of those came from socal member as well as amorak list people.
Anyways Nico is lucky it got that stuff as well as a couple of mods who were socal240sx.org members. I don't think those people are mods there any more. I did stop going there years ago.
If the Nico forums are dying its only due to evolution and the changing face of the community for better or worse.

andmattsayd
11-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Why is this thread still open?

Is this NICO?

No.

As such, who gives a fuck? This isn't NICO... This is ZILVIA.

NICO threads belong on NICO. Not on ZILVIA.

Fuck.

im gonna have to agree on this one. :lockd:

firm tofu
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM

ZT dead? you mean they just dont accept everyone right?

redtop91
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Websites have to evolve to meet demands if that involves branching out to encompass other ideas but still keeping true to the original roots, its a win win. If NICO was staunchly stuck to S chassis / Z car discussions it'd be in far greater risk of dying because traffic would ebb and tide with the popularity of the S chassis / Z car. The proverbial putting of all your apples in one basket.