PDA

View Full Version : WTF I can't believe I just found out about this.

azndoc
10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
So I'm talking to my gf and I called her at 8:45 pm.

I know that I have free minutes after 9pm like everyone else and their mamas.

Then at 9pm she told me to hang up and call her right back. I asked why and she said that because if I don't then all the minutes after 9pm are still being charged.

This I never knew. I always just assumed that any minutes after 9pm would automatically not be counted.

I called a friend who works for AT&T and he confirmed this.

He also said but is unsure and has just heard about it, but if you call someone at 6:59 am and talk till 3pm its still considered free because you called before 7am.

WOW.....

I didn't know.

Learn something new everyday.

shishcabobers
10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
whoa awesome!

ZilviaKid
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
in canada we get fucked pretty much anytime we call... i hate how we pay $70 and you guys pay like $25...

S13SilviaGirl
10-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Cell companies are gonna get their money no matter what.

ESmorz
in canada we get fucked pretty much anytime we call... i hate how we pay $70 and you guys pay like $25...

That's just the $50 a month Yeti insurance for the cell towers.

kdashy

Pretty sure nobody in the US has a cell plan thats 25 dollars a month, unless its some sort of prepaid or pay as you go thing. And most certainly wont have free nights and weekends.

98s14inaz
10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
So I'm talking to my gf and I called her at 8:45 pm.

I know that I have free minutes after 9pm like everyone else and their mamas.

Then at 9pm she told me to hang up and call her right back. I asked why and she said that because if I don't then all the minutes after 9pm are still being charged.

This I never knew. I always just assumed that any minutes after 9pm would automatically not be counted.

I called a friend who works for AT&T and he confirmed this.

He also said but is unsure and has just heard about it, but if you call someone at 6:59 am and talk till 3pm its still considered free because you called before 7am.

WOW.....

I didn't know.

Learn something new everyday.

Almost all the carriers do that, including my beloved Verizon.

FRpilot
10-28-2008, 10:51 PM

where do you hear that US plans are $25. most plans are like $40 minimum without tax, gov fees, etc.

for $29.99 you might get a bare bones plan with nothing except 300 minutes.

C. Senor
10-28-2008, 11:42 PM
what? no one has yet to find it funny that jack said he has a gf?

cell phone companies are pretty sneaky some times. and it's 9:01 stupid companies!

ayuaddict
10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
im finding it hard to believe that if you called somebody at 6:59 am and talk till 3pm its still considered free.

however i have no doubt on the opposite.

CrimsonRockett
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
what? no one has yet to find it funny that jack said he has a gf?

I LOL'd.

:rofl:

But, seriously.

:rofl:

azndoc
10-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Well it's really a 1-900 kind of gf.

You know.......

Yeah you know Alex.

Fuck I haven't seen you in forever.

UfoZ8myCow
10-29-2008, 12:17 AM
I literally have 15,000+ rollover minutes. That's 250 hours. Or about 10 1/2 days of continuous, nonstop talk time. Plus my minutes that accumulate every month because I have 1,500 minutes a month but usually talk on free nights and weekends.

The logical thing to do here would be to change my plan to the cheapest $9.99 a month 150 minute bullshit but if you change your plan, you lose all rollover minutes (lame). And its a lot cheaper to just be under your minutes and have a surplus than it is to go over and get charged by the minute for overages.

Cell phones are ghey.

I wish I could get along without one. The week I spent on vacation in Mexico last month with no cell phone or internet was soooo liberating.

azndoc
10-29-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm kinda important you know.

So I need my cell phone.

j/k

No seriously I'm important.

Call me now.

Don't be scared.

Do it.

Especially if your a hot chick.

94cc0rd
10-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Pretty sure nobody in the US has a cell plan thats 25 dollars a month, unless its some sort of prepaid or pay as you go thing. And most certainly wont have free nights and weekends.

My plan with Sprint is $30/month with 500 minutes, free nights/weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited texts, unlimited data/web/email, etc,.

;)

azndoc
10-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Who has sprint these days.

I had that shit in HS.

Grow up.

94cc0rd
10-29-2008, 12:27 AM
lol ok!

sprint isn't bad... it's not the best but for the rate i'm paying, it sure as hell is worth it...

touge monster
10-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I got some Christmas deal many years back for AT&T. $50 a month, two lines 1000 minutes. pretty swt. no txt or internet though.

GSXRJJordan
10-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Haha yeah I knew that. BTW, I can independently verify that Jack does indeed have a g/f, and she's cute, and she likes him!

I think it's funny that you're pinching pennies, but yet your car/drift game is ballin outta control... where I pinch pennies on my car, but my real life game is ballin outta control.

We're like Yin/Yang man. Black/white. Straight/gay. Guy/whatever-you-are. You get the idea.

azndoc
10-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Ummmmmmmm you can't be ballin out of control.

I mean sure your fridge is stocked with Mountain Dew.

But it ain't Cristal champagne bottles son.

I'm broke right now.

I've had three people offer me lunch money.

GSXRJJordan
10-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Ummmmmmmm you can't be ballin out of control.

I mean sure your fridge is stocked with Mountain Dew.

Yeah, but did you notice I buy 24 packs? What chu know about datttt sonnn?!? FUCKING CUBE-O-SODA MAN! 24 fuckin cans at a time! BAAAALLLLLINNNNNNNN.

Thanks for restocking them after you took the last one :)

dynamicck
10-29-2008, 01:06 AM
if you want unlimited minutes or until they cancel your account, use the T-Mobile My Fave 5 plan.

After you get the plan, sign up for grandcentral.com (google bought them a year ago). Now register the number on your Fave 5. Instead of handing out your cell number, give people your Grandcentral number. Grandcentral acts like a forwarding agent. One major problem, when they leave you voicemails, you have to check it through the website.

Also, if it works the other way, if you wanna call someone, you use grandcentral, and it bridges your number and theirs for free. Again the problem is, you need to use the website to dial out as well.

1989rps13
10-29-2008, 01:23 AM
My plan with Sprint is $30/month with 500 minutes, free nights/weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited texts, unlimited data/web/email, etc,.

;)

thats a lieeeeee!!!!are you serious??
my text messaging is 10$

they were charging me 15$ and i said what the hell called them up not the sprint store but the customer line w/e its called. Anyways they didnt want to change it to 10$ UNTIL i requested to speak to their manager. Then they gave me texting for 10$

WOW.
ya after this nightmare is over

ill switch over to metro pc's ( i heard they suck though :/)
or verizon

alindeman1989
10-29-2008, 01:47 AM
i get money son!!!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
10-29-2008, 01:52 AM
did you know that if you call me anytime i almost never pick up.........?

it's cuz i'm drinkimg jeff's mountain dew!

C. Senor
10-29-2008, 01:57 AM
Well it's really a 1-900 kind of gf.

You know.......

Yeah you know Alex.

Fuck I haven't seen you in forever.

actually i dont know jack. well, i kinda of do. shut up. you're not supposed to tell people.

yeah it has been a long ass time. i thought you died or something.

Haha yeah I knew that. BTW, I can independently verify that Jack does indeed have a g/f, and she's cute, and she likes him!

i still dont believe it.

legacy927
10-29-2008, 07:32 AM

;)

that's because u got the sprint sero plan!!! damn you!!! lolz

apex
10-29-2008, 07:38 AM
my plan is only 20bux a month for 3000 any time mins unlimited texts, unlimited data/web/email, etc and free after 7 or sumthing like that with sprint i have a nextel it also helps my bro is a manager at raido shack and has me on his family plan lol and free ring tones :)

Future240
10-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Eh not too surprised, someone should take the initiative and get America into a massive bitch fit to get them to stop.

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
10-29-2008, 08:23 AM

;)

I got that plan too. They stopped offering it so it's gonna take a hell of an offer to get me to switch! :boink:

SoSideways
10-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Shit, Sprint is only good for if you're going to spend massive amounts of time in BFE, because that's all the area that they have reception for anyway.

My wife never had reception in the city, in the house, etc.

But when we were on the road or whatever, pretty much in rural nowhere, she'd have max reception, 19 billion bars jumping off the screen of the phone.

Sprint = teh suck.

murda-c
10-29-2008, 08:52 AM
My daddy pays me cell bill.

or at least he did until the economy tanked and people stopped wanting to install new floors. Now i pay his.

I've never had a problem with sprint reception in the DC area, until i got a new job at this country club, which is like a deadzone for sprint.

usdm180sx
10-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm kinda important you know.

So I need my cell phone.

j/k

No seriously I'm important.

Call me now.

Don't be scared.

Do it.

Especially if your a hot chick.

Okay. I'll tell Ernie from DTC to call you right now :keke:

Walperstyle
10-29-2008, 01:32 PM

The US also has way better credit card rates. I've thought of getting a US card just for the 0% for a year. Thats mad tight.

azndoc
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey Hey mofos.

This thread ain't about you guys.

What's up with all the other stories?

This is about me.

All about me.

Nothing about you guys.

All about me okay?

Geez.

Bunch of egotistic mofos, seriously.

Always talking about yourselves.

Now everyone start walking around me since the world revolves around me.

stiizy
10-29-2008, 02:16 PM
^^ Lol Fucking guy.........