PDA

View Full Version : Over Heating?

Folken
10-24-2008, 08:37 AM
So this is kinda weird, after I get my car to operating temp and press the brake or turn the heat on my temp gauge completely over shoots the Hot area and when i release/turn off the heat it slowly falls back to normal. Eventually from braking the gauge just stays at hot. I replaced the thermostat and bleed the system but no luck, i even removed it all together. Any clues on whats going on?

japslapsilvia
10-24-2008, 08:50 AM
there is a short somwhere, the stock temp gauge works off resistance. so there has to be a loose wire or connection causing it to ground out and makeing the needle shoot up like that take out the cluster and check all the connections.

ZipTied
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Check the harness running through the driverside front wheel. If your lowered with big wheels you could have possibly rubbed into the wires. I've done it twice and blew the starter fuse. Cause other shorts also.

Folken
10-25-2008, 06:26 AM
well the suspension and wheels are stock, I wanna blame the ca18det but kinda weird to be happening 5k miles after the swap, i think i'm going to just check all the wiring in the car and make sure everythings in spec