PDA

View Full Version : I beat the Corvette owners!!

Jeff240sx
01-29-2003, 12:00 AM
WOOT! I am so Fvcking ecstatic right now. I won!
Right after I got the email that said I was banned, I posted, and it went through.
I apparently talked some sense into a couple of them. And that was all I could hope for. It went from:
*From asshole that started the post:*Mr. Jeff240sx, you have insulted some pretty respectable members of the CorvetteForum with your whole second post. Obviously, driving a slow azz, cheap, piece of crap import (not even made anymore), has impaired your ability to read, or think for that matter. I was minding my own business, they wanted "ME" to play with "THEM". I was bored and obliged to kick their azz. This post, obviously why it went 3 pages, was more for humor, than one to be taken literal. Most everyone who replied knew that, hence the multiple comments of sarcasm. The point was how most these "ricer" cars, seem to think they can take on the big boys. Must have seen one too many "zoom, zoom" commercials, or the "all new 240hp" commercial. The "rice" community is fed so much crap about how great their new "performance" cars are, without being educated about reality to what "performance" cars really are. It is the Corvette communities' responsibility to teach them. Get used to it, one lesson at a time!!
to:
*From guy with 10,000 posts there:*
The term "rice" is abused here. The majority of members here are cool, but some people will refer to any Japanese car as rice. Even something as refined as an NSX...
and
*From some guy:*
I have nothing but respect for any person who builds a street 2.4L that makes 340 rwhp. You have to understand though. Import fans come on here and say "A LS1 / LS6 isn't a high performance engine it's just big". This "Trolling" tends to make guys defensive.
and finally
*From a MODERATOR:*
(smiley holding up "I AGREE" sign about the 1st quote here)and.....come out to the track and join us one of these days ....check out the SE section for details
So. I'm not banned, and more importantly, I made a couple people realize that a lot of people are immature and narrow-minded on that site.
WOOOT!
Here's the turning point, for anyone that cares:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=477981&page=3
-Jeff

Edit: Thanks for posting backing me up, burgy.

Bbandit
01-29-2003, 12:33 AM
LOL you made them think jeff
impressive!!!

but they sure have a lot of smilies:p :rolleyes:

SilviaDriver
01-29-2003, 12:36 AM
yea..i read the rest of the forum. best one is the guy who actually had a vette as well adn now a T3 SR!

yea i gotta agree with Bbandit. each memebers signature has like 100 smilies..seems kinda..gay to me..and we must remember, they are mature adults.

Jeff 1 Vetteforusm.com 0

haha i dunno..score however u like but at least u got some Wins Jeff

negular
01-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Too many damn smileys, and all that "patriotism" was making me sick.

Good Job Jeff.

Foxcolt
01-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Good work! But crimeny some of those vettes are fast! 400hp of nitrous 500 on. Good googala moogala!:eek:

My personal goal is to take out a vette. Sr t25 at 14psi can't do it:(

96SEChick
01-29-2003, 03:09 PM
My favorite posts by the Vette owners:

by Gene K:
I have nothing but respect for any person who builds a street 2.4L that makes 340 rwhp. You have to understand though. Import fans come on here and say "A LS1 / LS6 isn't a high performance engine it's just big". This "Trolling" tends to make guys defensive.
I would never go to a import web site and start bashing a guy because he was telling about the stock Z06 Vette he outran with his modified 650 rwhp Supra. Agreed that is no great accomplishment.

I think the point was how silly they were to challenge a Z06 with a 350Z and S2000 in the first place. I suspect it was just because they wanted to watch him go. I have done the same with a Viper and a Diablo.

by The Saint:
The term "rice" is abused here. The majority of members here are cool, but some people will refer to any Japanese car as rice. Even something as refined as an NSX...

Some kids just don't know any better....

by Mean Green 2000
and.....come out to the track and join us one of these days

by AutobahnC5 (probably the best one yet!!)
I sold my C5 a few years back and since have had an E46 M3 an SUV and and now a 240sx. I have the SR20DET with a T3 04E turbo, and all the supporting parts. Its a pain putting something like this together but the pay off is nice.
what? track? with C5s? that sounds like a winner.

Now if we can get the Corvette guys to go drifting that what be interesting.

by MaxPower (close to tying w/ AutobahnC5
To the import newbies.. Spend some time on the board. You'll see that vette owners have certain insecurities or shortcommings if you will. Thus, we justify our existence by beating slower cars and telling others about how expensive our cars are.

by The Saint
I've worked hard for everything in my life too, JW...including my Vette. However, it doesn't elevate my status above that of anyone else. I hate to break it to you, but it's just a car. Owning it doesn't make you better than anyone else. Me either, for that matter. This thread is filled with the condescending, superior, Vette-is-the-only-car-worth-owning attitude that perpetuates the stereotype of all Corvette owners as elitist pricks.

WAY TO GO JEFF!!!! You made these guys think of someone other than themselves!!
http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/smilies/cheers.gif http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/smilies/cheers.gif http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/smilies/cheers.gif http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/smilies/cheers.gif

Btw--I'm using their smilies :D

Jeff240sx
01-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Ahh. The joy-gasm of making people think beyond their previous horizons.
I think that I'll just call myself the Diplotmat from now on.
-Jeff

KiDyNomiTe
01-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Foxcolt
Good work! But crimeny some of those vettes are fast! 400hp of nitrous 500 on. Good googala moogala!:eek:

You think thats great, this guy from chicago has 422 RWHP & 571 lbs TQ :eek: at 7 pounds of boost :eek: :eek: :eek: (know I feel like them with all the smileys)

Either way I still stand by saying any car can do what the other can, it's just that some might require more funding than another.

For ~60K (about the cost of a Z06) I could make some car 10x faster, wether it be a domestic or import.

HippoSleek
01-30-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
For ~60K (about the cost of a Z06) I could make some car 10x faster, wether it be a domestic or import.

10x faster? A 1.2 1/4 mi.? Too bad that isn't the test - if so, we'd all be driving tube frame dragsters w/ stroked LS1 motors (probably 1/3 the cost of a z06). Posts like this always **** me off a bit b/c I can play Junkyard Wars and make a clapped out sh!t box that will walk a Vetter in the quarter too. So what?

The test is can you make a car that will perform on a track, autox, and dragstrip as well as the z06, but still be pleasant, comfortable, and capable on the streets? And let's add to this, using all new parts? (If you want to use used parts, you better drop your price to what an approprately aged z06 would cost, not a new one).

The bottom line is that if this were so easy to do, the z06 probably wouldn't be the icon it is today in the sports car arena. Ferrari performance for Chevy money - all in a very drivable package.

DSC
01-30-2003, 08:24 AM
"To the import newbies.. Spend some time on the board. You'll see that vette owners have certain insecurities or shortcommings if you will. Thus, we justify our existence by beating slower cars and telling others about how expensive our cars are.
Hope this helps."

"Having a Vette doesn't elevate your status above that of anyone else. It's just a car. Owning it doesn't make you better than anyone else. Same goes for me, and anyone else for that matter.

"This thread is filled with the condescending, superior, Vette-is-the-only-car-worth-owning attitude that perpetuates the stereotype of all Corvette owners as elitist pricks."

Afew of my fav's that haven't been posted yet...all posted by vette owners.

nrcooled
01-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Daaaaaammmmnnnn, Mark just broke it down!:) All very good points.

My thing is all of us can't afford a Z06 so we must make comprimises:
Cornering for comfort
HP for reliability
Saftey for space

So, in my building of my 240, if I happen to make it a better track car then a z06 (which I doubt) then I get a cookie and a bad bladder because the 240 will be so far from being a tolerable daily driver it won't be funny.

In essence the z06 will always be a better all around (stock) car then our cars will every be....modified or other wise:(

KiDyNomiTe
01-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by HippoSleek
10x faster? A 1.2 1/4 mi.? Too bad that isn't the test - if so, we'd all be driving tube frame dragsters w/ stroked LS1 motors (probably 1/3 the cost of a z06). Posts like this always **** me off a bit b/c I can play Junkyard Wars and make a clapped out sh!t box that will walk a Vetter in the quarter too. So what?

The test is can you make a car that will perform on a track, autox, and dragstrip as well as the z06, but still be pleasant, comfortable, and capable on the streets? And let's add to this, using all new parts? (If you want to use used parts, you better drop your price to what an approprately aged z06 would cost, not a new one).

The bottom line is that if this were so easy to do, the z06 probably wouldn't be the icon it is today in the sports car arena. Ferrari performance for Chevy money - all in a very drivable package.

I see you haven't discovered exageration (sp?), I trying to do this without getting all technical. You could buy a TT Supra make it BPU, and be a bit faster than a Z06. Or take it my way and get a 240Z and get a V8 and be faster than a vette.

I just say 10x faster becuase I hate how people get stuck on one car, and think this car is better and ALWAYS will be better. Stock for stock I have to say the Z06 is one of the best cars under $100,000 (that we get in America). But after money makes it's way to the car, any car can contend.

sponger85
01-30-2003, 03:17 PM
well its just funny to see that the guy saying rice will put the gayest stuff that is just as rice in there cars .... i shall call them .... let my find the word ... oh yah .... redneck ....

Fresh 240SX
01-30-2003, 10:34 PM
Heres a Corvette Story for you.... when i was in highschool... this one math Teacher at my school has a very well of husband... Anyways... she wanted a Mercedes Or Lexus LS something along those lines.... so one day she wakes up and her husband says.. go look in the driveway at your new car.. so she goes and sees a brand new Z06. long story short.. she turns and says.. Whats that? thats not what i wanted.... anyways... she complained to this DAY that she hates the car and its not what she wanted, drives it to school in the summer time (well last i remember, im done HS) and drove a SVT Contour in the winter... so... i guess hubby gets ****ed that shes knocking this car.... they split for a few months and he takes the car.... so now shes bumping around in an intrepid..... Looked good on her... but they are back together and shes back in the Z06... im not much of a Fan of american cars... not because I drive an import... other reasons like there poor quality interiors, bad design. exessive platform sharing and such.. thats not the issue here..... I do like the Corvette, Camaro and other great american cars like that.... but to Turn down a Z06 that someone buys for you is pretty damn ignorant if you ask me....

blaqsilvia
02-23-2003, 09:29 PM
hey jeff- any updates to the challenge at the track?? ;)

Apparition
02-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Wow nice work! But on any board, the enthusiasts of their cars will be insanely loyal and dismiss all other cars as lesser. I'm impressed that you got them to break. :D

Yeah, keep us updated on the track situation.

christopher
02-24-2003, 08:41 AM
If you read on to the end, the hijack thing is hilarious...

Overall this has been the most entertaining thing here in a while. Good job Jeff.