PDA

View Full Version : Prostitution legal in San Francisco!

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 11:10 PM
San Francisco may become safe for prostitutes - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/21/san.francisco.prostitution.ap/index.html)

I'ma put some girls to work!

YEEE.

[SeriouS]

Please keep this thread clean. Refrain from posting about "putting girls to work".

Discuss only.

shishcabobers
10-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Doesn't Las Vagas have that to?

WERDdabuilder
10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
make it into a real job.
have them get tested every month.
tax them.
money into the economy!

females in general are prostitutes anyways. they want you to spend money on them in order for you to get "services".

!Zar!
10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Sweet... now I can stop selling, "roses".

jrocslider
10-21-2008, 11:15 PM
isn't it illegal in Las Vegas city limits but legal in the rest of Nevada or am i wrong?

SexPanda
10-21-2008, 11:16 PM

I'll give you 50 roses for some company, Zar... Sound good?

FaLKoN240
10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Another reason for the rest of traditional conservative America to look down on us...

SexPanda
10-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Another reason for the rest of traditional conservative America to look down on us...

We need more reasons?

lol jk. But yeah MO and CA are a TAD bit different... Less hot chicks here. and I can drive around with no cat, an sr20, 4 inch strait pipes, and a bright pink paint job and the worst a cop could do to me is ask me if I was queer.

!Zar!
10-21-2008, 11:18 PM
This is a time of change.

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I already got a lady working for me.

Holla atcha boy if you guys wanna make something happen.

will trade for car parts.

[serious]
[ask my roomates]

WTF IS THAT?

Teddy
10-21-2008, 11:21 PM
So do you need like a business license or something?

!Zar!
I'll give you a s13 hood.

So do you need like a business license or something?

It's still, "illegal" cops just won't do much about it anymore.

Kind of like J walking.

Kaizen.
I heard the bay's got a bunch of massage palors with happy endings =)

Blurryeyes
10-21-2008, 11:22 PM
This is a time of change.

Could we get more working girls? YES, WE CAN
Could we slap them in the face when they don´t give us 85% of the income? YES, WE CAN

Vote for Change

!Zar!
10-21-2008, 11:23 PM

There are a few that give 100%...

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Thank you for not referring Sac..as the bay.

Depends on where you go.

Mel:

Give me a hood and 2 fenders.

and I'll drop her off overnight.

spikNspan
10-21-2008, 11:29 PM

tis true, I know a bunch of people who have gone to em. I personally don't pay for things I can get for free.

98s14inaz
10-21-2008, 11:30 PM
San Francisco may become safe for prostitutes - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/21/san.francisco.prostitution.ap/index.html)

I'ma put some girls to work!

YEEE.

[SeriouS]

I thought that is how things worked in LA and Bev Hills :tardrim::keke:

1ZlowZ
10-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Not like it'll make a difference everybody in San Fransisco is gay.

JK =]

!Zar!
10-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Not like it'll make a difference everybody in San Fransisco is gay.
JK =]
What does being gay have to do with prostitutes...

Last I checked, there were men, women and, trannies.

So Unless you aren't any of the above, I win.

Agamemnon
10-22-2008, 12:07 AM
isn't it illegal in Las Vegas city limits but legal in the rest of Nevada or am i wrong?

Yes. You are wrong.

CrimsonRockett
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Still doesn't make me want to "bang" a prostitute.

Legal or not, it's just wrong.

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 12:28 AM
What does being gay have to do with prostitutes...

Last I checked, there were men, women and, trannies.

So Unless you aren't any of the above, I win.

wow, you can offer trannies too? that sure is enterprising of you.
but yeah, I would think it would be great to run that kind of operation without the stress of getting raided by the cops.
great earnings and benefits i'd imagine.

Matej
10-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Things lose their excitement once they're made legal.

In this case things as in women are objects.

Edit
Plz take a joke ppl.

spikNspan
10-22-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm going to start a company dedicated to tranny prostitutes, I bet it'll make way more money than any of the other ones, they can please both! at least if the guy's dumb enough to not know it's a tranny. and I'm not saying dudes that are straight will bone a tranny, but they sure as hell will pay for head from one if the tranny looks enough like a real chick would, lol. *snip*.

DUFFM4N
10-22-2008, 12:42 AM
this went from talking about legal prostitution...to turning tricks on zilvia? :loco:

CrimsonRockett
10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Edited first post.

Make sure to keep this thread clean.

No need to promote prostitution.

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Seriously though, after reading that article, "Prop K" isn't such a great idea. Mind you, I have personally nothing for, or against the sex trade in general. Rather, I think Prop K seems to offer too much freedom for the sex trade. Basically, it seems to imply that it will cut funding for cops to arrest sex workers period.

The problem with that, is that the sex trade won't be regulated at all. Streetwalkers will be touting their wares, possibly making things difficult for other neighborhood businesses, and uncomfortable with the residents. In some parts of SF, particularly the Mission district it's already bad enough as is with all the homeless, winos, nutcases, and other characters roaming about.

On a more a serious level, there is a serious matter of human trafficking, and unwilling sex workers forced into the business unwillingly. How would you feel if a friend or family became involed in this mess, and can't get out. Under Prob K, it's not implausible that the police would have considerably less power to intervene.

What I do think is more appropriate, as others have mentioned, is to allow prostitution but under some degree of regulation. Demand clinics, tax it (but only sparingly so, otherwise you will encourage a black market, which ultimately defeats the purpose of it). Ban street walkers, but allow discreet mediums that don't interfere with other businesses and families. Basically be considerate.

Prosecute human trafficking just the same. Profile brothels, agencies, and other such sex trade organizations just the same.

This is actually a fabulous opportunity for San Francisco to make extra income, and possibly bring in tourists from all over to stimulate other parts of it's economy, if done right, and marketed effectively.

downshift_sideways
10-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Wooaa.

someone ninja edited my OP.

right on!

karl wasabi
10-22-2008, 12:55 AM

Not Las Vegas, but Nevada. I forgot which city. Carson?

It even adds to the economy and all the girls are regularly checked for STD's. They are clean and safe. Crazy...huh? haha

ronmcdon
Things lose their excitement once they're made legal.

In this case things as in women are objects.

Edit
Plz take a joke ppl.

I'm not so sure about that. lots of ppl visit bangkok, tijuana, and amsterdam just the same. better have that $$$ tossed back in the US than some other city. at least that money goes back into our economy some how.

DUFFM4N
yeah the new Mod....CrimsonRockett :aw:

:ugh:

downshift_sideways
10-22-2008, 12:56 AM
yeah the new Mod....CrimsonRockett :aw:

:ugh:
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

spikNspan
10-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Wooaa.

someone ninja edited my OP.

right on!

haha, mine too, zilvia frowns upon legal prostitution I guess. come on zilvia, it's gonna be legal!

CrimsonRockett
10-22-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm not so sure about that. lots of ppl visit bangkok, tijuana, and amsterdam just the same. better have that $$$ tossed back in the US than some other city. at least that money goes back into our economy some how.

As wrong as it is, it's up to them to decide if they really want to stoop so low to make a quick buck.

We all need to make money somehow, some people just prefer the easier ways I guess.

Matej
10-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Lulz I was kidding.
But they could've cut funding on pulling over modded cars instead.

!Zar!
10-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Pulling over modded cars isn't really that much different than pulling over a car for any other reason.

But pulling over modded cars will help them find more people who have stolen parts, as well as theives. Not to mention drugs, warrants and other things.

Matej
10-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Not to mention drugs, warrants and other things.
You're more likely to find those things on prostitutes haha.

!Zar!
10-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Touchè .

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 01:38 AM
As wrong as it is, it's up to them to decide if they really want to stoop so low to make a quick buck.

We all need to make money somehow, some people just prefer the easier ways I guess.

the way i see it, it's not so much a matter of right and wrong, as it is making the best of a given situation.

prostitution has been, and always will be around, unless there is some super rash , taliban-like method to discourage it. it's just a matter of whether or not is safely regulated, or forced into the black market, which may or may not encourage even worse undesirable elements like sex slavery (that whole recent controversy for exploiting teen runaways comes into mind), income for gangs, increased spread of STD's, hurting other business, etc. As long as the transaction is between two consenting adults, without any deception, have the deed done while being considerate to those around you, I see no reason why it can be a problem like any other business.

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Lulz I was kidding.
But they could've cut funding on pulling over modded cars instead.

true, there's lots of trivial non-sense cops ought to ignore period. SF was actually already a lot lot more lax than most places in CA, when I lived there a few years ago. fun town.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
10-22-2008, 01:54 AM

OOOOOOOOOO Red roses? Got that blue dolphin?

vodka2
10-22-2008, 03:36 AM
females in general are prostitutes anyways. they want you to spend money on them in order for you to get "services".

True shit .. thats why i dont give my b*female friend*s s**t and make them spend thier last penny on me till they get sick of it .. get a new man .. and come running back.

FaLKoN240
10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
You're more likely to find those things on prostitutes haha.

Yeah, more than likely more people die from street racing than prostitution anyways...

Not to mention if you can afford to street race you're a better serving member of the community and people probably actually care when you die, as compared to a soulless prostitute.

They don't have souls right? :dead:

98s14inaz
10-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Still doesn't make me want to "bang" a prostitute.

Legal or not, it's just wrong.

Tell that to the millions of "tourists" that flock to certain places in Europe because weed and prostitution are legal.

NemeGuero
10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I love prostitues!

Hook me up Ant.

GINA? lawlz

40daws
10-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Prohibition never works as well as regulation and control.

downshift_sideways
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I love prostitues!

Hook me up Ant.

GINA? lawlz
*edit*

nVM..i'MA GET PINKED TOO :D

socal_kouki
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Prostitution Legal... SR20DET Illegal... this is some bullsh*t.

!Zar!
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Rather have people happy fucking, than people polluting my air because they want to be jdm tyte.

Walperstyle
10-23-2008, 02:33 AM

They cant sell you via voice. its all code and 'point to what you want' in the little brochure they hand out to you on the street.

You can point to Asian all you want, and they'll still send you a 15 year old Spanish girl. :snoop:

edit: selling sex is bad. Thats opinion.

WanganRunner
10-23-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm all for legalized prostitution, gambling too, for that matter.

They have both or either in several places in Europe and they haven't experienced any sort of widespread moral decay, lol.

People should be at liberty to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't hurt others. That includes soliciting a prostitute, playing a few hands of blackjack, smoking a bowl in their own home, et cetera.

Obama needs to make me "Secretary of Makin' Shit Legal"

90hatchie
10-23-2008, 07:33 AM
yay nothing says awsome like an std

ronmcdon
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm all for legalized prostitution, gambling too, for that matter.

They have both or either in several places in Europe and they haven't experienced any sort of widespread moral decay, lol.

People should be at liberty to do whatever they want so long as it doesn't hurt others. That includes soliciting a prostitute, playing a few hands of blackjack, smoking a bowl in their own home, et cetera.

Obama needs to make me "Secretary of Makin' Shit Legal"

lol, idk about 'moral decay'. that's difficult to measure. but otherwise I agree, if it's regulated properly it can probably work. For instance, I think England allows prostitution in general, but prohibits streetwalkers. This helps the neighborhood maintain the look of decency, at least on the outside.

No regulation at all (pro 7 seems to indicate as such), OR making it illegal entirely both cause problems. they both get out of hand. seriously, I do hope the US adopts more of the social policies that are tried and tested from western europe.

Agreed you should let ppl do just whatever they fancy, as long as nobody's hurt from it. there's also a lot of extra jobs that can be created as a result, and $$$ for the ppl and government to make.

What I'd also like to see is doing away with the 2AM alcohol curfew. that's just childish.

spikNspan
10-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I just hate how the government tries to "protect" individuals by making things illegal. The people that really want to do such things are going to do it no matter if it's legal or illegal and it being illegal puts them in way more danger than if what they were doing was regulated. The government makes too much money off of such things being illegal though so I doubt they are going to want to change it.

WanganRunner
10-23-2008, 03:17 PM
lol, idk about 'moral decay'. that's difficult to measure.

LOL

Yeah, I know, I was just trying to throw some of the religious right's own nomenclature in there.

SqueekyClean
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Would you really want to go to San Francisco for Prostitution???
Let me remind you, It's SAN FRANCISCO~~~ wink wink.

San Francisco! Do you know what San Francisco is famous for??

Excuse my French, but there are a lot of Homosexuals there.

ZenkiGTS
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
instant bread winner for pimps....

anthony240
10-23-2008, 09:46 PM
i'm gonna have to go out and vote on this

Matej
10-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, more than likely more people die from street racing than prostitution anyways...

Not to mention if you can afford to street race you're a better serving member of the community and people probably actually care when you die, as compared to a soulless prostitute.

They don't have souls right? :dead:
Are you mocking me? Or the police? I cannot tell if you're being sarcastic or not, srry 4 being a moodkill. :(

SexPanda
10-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Just remember:

if your going to San Francisco, don't forget to put a flower in your hair...

and don't forget the rubbers.

downshift_sideways
10-23-2008, 10:44 PM
And if your looking to pick up the sexiest lady off the street.

Castro st. Is where to find them. They banging out there. [serious]

SexPanda
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Real quick. Im really considering taking a few weeks off next year and driving to california...

Should I go to San Fran? I mean, prostitution is either a reason for it or against it... Im used to KC prostitutes... if theyre like that, then no... If they're like PRetty woman prostitutes, then I'll go.

downshift_sideways
10-23-2008, 10:48 PM
lmao.

Nah..

to go there to check out the prostitutes aint even worth it to be honest.

check out the piers tho for reals.

SexPanda
10-23-2008, 11:22 PM
whats at the piers? Navy men on shore leave? Im good lol.

Nah, if I do go to cali, besides to see a friend in hollywood and a friend in south central LA what is there to do in socal? I mean, what shouldn't I miss?

c0rs3+r0s3
10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
nice....well maybe you should look into a business like the bunny ranch.

socal_kouki
10-24-2008, 01:40 AM
It's a good thing it's happening far away from SD.
Rather have people happy fucking, than people polluting my air because they want to be jdm tyte.

Happy f*cking or not, I see less hypocracy in being JDM tyte, than f*cking a woman for money.

BustedS13
10-24-2008, 01:44 AM
hmm. well, whatever. SF is still the best city in the state. great place.

socal_kouki
10-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Well it's sure isn't the finest.

downshift_sideways
10-24-2008, 02:11 AM
^Sure as hell ain't.

spikNspan
10-24-2008, 03:02 AM
whats at the piers? Navy men on shore leave? Im good lol.

Nah, if I do go to cali, besides to see a friend in hollywood and a friend in south central LA what is there to do in socal? I mean, what shouldn't I miss?

I dunno what you shouldn't miss, but you probably should miss south central L.A. unless you wanna get mugged, raped, then murdered... :keke:

downshift_sideways
10-24-2008, 04:32 AM
^This guy makes a good point.

HalveBlue
10-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't know too many people that willingly sell the body and soul to make a couple of bucks.

Regardless of whether I think prostitution should be illegal or not, it's apparent that the (un)willing participants in the sex trade face some deeper, psychological and sociological issues.

Until someone resolves to confront the issue at its deepest roots - i.e. why would someone involve themselves in the sex trade - the issue of whether prostitution should be legal or not is moot.

EDIT: Hookers and Blow FTW!

lflkajfj12123
10-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't know too many people that willingly sell the body and soul to make a couple of bucks.

Regardless of whether I think prostitution should be illegal or not, it's apparent that the (un)willing participants in the sex trade face some deeper, psychological and sociological issues.

Until someone resolves to confront the issue at its deepest roots - i.e. why would someone involve themselves in the sex trade - the issue of whether prostitution should be legal or not is moot.

EDIT: Hookers and Blow FTW!

^ blah blah blah

prostitution has been going on for ages

and the girls doing it happen to make a lot of money

its their lives don't hate on that

money talks

HalveBlue
10-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Okay...obviously you have never met a sex worker before. Not a lot of dignity in that job.

But, hey, thanks for your concern towards your fellow man.

Because compassion is for pussys anyway.

SqueekyClean
10-25-2008, 02:33 PM
:dead:

I've street raced for Sex before. =):snoop:

SexPanda
10-26-2008, 12:20 AM
I dunno what you shouldn't miss, but you probably should miss south central L.A. unless you wanna get mugged, raped, then murdered... :keke:

Does it have to be in that order? lol. Ok I'll take your word for it. Maybe I'll just hop on a plane and go back to the old country... And get wasted. Cali does sound fun from all the commercials I see with "board" meetings and Ahnold.