PDA

View Full Version : Boost Controller options

Jeff240sx
01-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Hey.
What do you guys recommend. I want ease of adjustability (low-high boost settings), features, and the least lag possible. As well as bang-for-the-buck.
I've decided on one of these:
A'pexi AVC-R
HKS EVC IV (well.. the new one)
GReddy Profec-A

Anyone have specs or info on this? What would you get?
-Jeff

whateverjames
01-28-2003, 05:05 PM
my friend has the AVC-R and its somewhat confusing. and after it was bought, i was told by someone that it would have the most lag (something like it wasn't as responsive as the others). it sure looks nice, especially when monitoring 4 things at once. but i bought it for $400 shipped, from titanmotorsports.com and my friend gave me the money. it's nice, but if i had a turbo, i'd choose something more simple and easier to adjust.

drift freaq
01-28-2003, 08:21 PM
well I have done some research on this and I actually prefer the Blitz SBC ID second on my list would be the Apexi AVC-R.

kandyflip445
01-28-2003, 08:35 PM
I always wanted to know how the Blitz SBC-ID was. Like lag, ease of use...stuff like that.

Tyler Durdan
01-28-2003, 08:42 PM
What about the greddy profec b? It actually tested better against the profec a in the sport compact car (July / 2002 issue). They did a whole line up of the electronic boost controllers and one manuel boost controller. The profec b had a better control of boost spikes than the profec a. The apex didn't do as well as the profec b. There's my recommendation.

silnv
01-28-2003, 09:34 PM
I have the Profec B and it was extremely easy to install. Easy to set up and use. I have no complaints at all. I believe I paid just over 300 shipped from enjuku.