PDA

View Full Version : unemployment pay! :)

1989rps13
10-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Only reply if you have something positive to say and not bitch about how oh just get a job. ******How much should I expect after filing for unemployment!? I worked hard for so long and since work is over for now i decided to not get another job and just focus on school while beating up uncle same for some pocket change:naughty: ya ya ya go on im a :mrmeph: for getting my OWN money that they take away from my paychecks and your tax money:keke:. So whoever gets unemployment what is it based on??

***Also to keep it interesting WHAT DO YOU SPEND YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT PAY IN besides bills?

Cry babies stay away from this thread:coolugh:

DALAZ_68
10-21-2008, 12:07 AM
i actually collected for a good 3 months during unemploment...

i got around 6xx ... but realize its for 2 weeks

what they do is take the highest amount u made in 1 quarter (4months) and then basically pay u like 1/2 that amount...

some how me making 8k in 4 months came out to 6xx every 2 weeks for about 3 months then i got another job...

i will adivse though...make sure that if u do werk any od jobs and get payed check...theres a money trail and if u get compensationa nd dont report it...ohh they will bite u in the ass...

i marked that i didnt work for one week and it was the week of my interview and apperantly i got paid that day for orientation ( i honestly didnt realize this) and about 2 months back i got a notice of overpayment....so i had to pay back what they payed in the first place ( no biggie in my part) but

there is a penalty...not cash wise...but if i file unemployment withing the next t2 years...there will be a 5 week delay on processing... then its gonna be another month for regular time for process....so im assed out for 2 months...

HyperTek
10-21-2008, 12:08 AM
its not much but it helps alot, makes you feel alot more secure..

I didnt qualify for it because i got fired *i think they just wanted to reduce staff.avoid paying unemployement because a few months after i got fired, they laid off alot of people*

1989rps13
10-21-2008, 12:14 AM
i actually collected for a good 3 months during unemploment...

i got around 6xx ... but realize its for 2 weeks

what they do is take the highest amount u made in 1 quarter (4months) and then basically pay u like 1/2 that amount...

some how me making 8k in 4 months came out to 6xx every 2 weeks for about 3 months then i got another job...

i will adivse though...make sure that if u do werk any od jobs and get payed check...theres a money trail and if u get compensationa nd dont report it...ohh they will bite u in the ass...

i marked that i didnt work for one week and it was the week of my interview and apperantly i got paid that day for orientation ( i honestly didnt realize this) and about 2 months back i got a notice of overpayment....so i had to pay back what they payed in the first place ( no biggie in my part) but

there is a penalty...not cash wise...but if i file unemployment withing the next t2 years...there will be a 5 week delay on processing... then its gonna be another month for regular time for process....so im assed out for 2 months...

nice! i just put my application in and im excited this is the first time im collecting unemployment. so then i should get about the same as you! i made a lil over 8k in 7months so i should expect somewhere around what u got as well? They get it from the YTD gross right?? Well im happy as long as i get some sort of income im no big spender at all i pretty much save all my money but its good to still have the feeling of money coming in. Thanks for your input. From what i heard also that they are some strick mo'fos!

ESmorz
10-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Shit.

I want unemployment.

I have been unemployed for 18 years.

Where's my compensation?

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
#1. How much did you make a month after taxes?
#2. How long were you employyed with that employer?

This basically determines how much bi weekly your checks will be.

I was on unemployment for awhile...while taking care of shit I had to do.

Don't be so happy/cocky about it...there are a lot of haters/shitbags on this forum...

1989rps13
10-21-2008, 12:26 AM
#1. How much did you make a month after taxes?
#2. How long were you employyed with that employer?

This basically determines how much bi weekly your checks will be.

I was on unemployment for awhile...while taking care of shit I had to do.

Don't be so happy/cocky about it...there are a lot of haters/shitbags on this forum...

Werd thats why i said cry babies stay out of this :)
well i have been employed there for almost 4 years! I really dont know how much i made monthly:confused: Its a seasonal job that i worked like 2 or 3 weeks out the month only. If i had to guess it would be like around 800$+

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 12:28 AM
seasonal job huh?

What months did you work during the year? and what months were you unemployed?

1989rps13
10-21-2008, 12:51 AM
seasonal job huh?

What months did you work during the year? and what months were you unemployed?

Ya i work at angel stadium!! woo go angels!! sucks i dont get to watch the game but anyways yea i only work the games that those suckas play "home games" Last day I worked was october 1st! so i just filled this out today hoping to get some extra cash:snoop:. Although i do hate being at home for more than a month not doing shit id rather be working but school is more important to me right now:tardrim:

LeftNutOfGowd
10-21-2008, 06:15 AM
I think your get about 1/3 of what you make in a month..

KA24DESOneThree
10-21-2008, 07:01 AM
You didn't pay nearly as much in as you'll get out.

You're welching off other taxpayers who may or may not want to give you charity. I went to school with 12-18 credits/semester while working full time for two years. Woke up at 5, didn't get home 'til 11 four days a week for two semesters. Now that I'm in a real school, I've dialed it down to only about 20 hours a week.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. Call me a crybaby if you want, but at least I'm not a burden to society.

sub9lulu
10-21-2008, 09:57 AM
theres no free money

ESmorz
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
theres no free money

Thanks for those sage words Donald.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041231/041231_youfires_vlrg.widec.jpg

DALAZ_68
10-21-2008, 10:27 AM
You didn't pay nearly as much in as you'll get out.

You're welching off other taxpayers who may or may not want to give you charity. I went to school with 12-18 credits/semester while working full time for two years. Woke up at 5, didn't get home 'til 11 four days a week. Now that I'm in a real school, I've dialed it down to only about 20 hours a week.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. Call me a crybaby if you want, but at least I'm not a burden to society.im doing the same schedule...its not hard, just dont bitch about it

some people can some people cant... it all depends on how scheduling ur time works...i did it because i was let go and frankly i deliberatly wanted them to take out about 100$$ more than the normal tax, this way id get money back not taken when taxes were due...so personally i dont feel i was a burden to society at all...

1989rps13 : i said every 1/4 = 4 months not 7 ...so if u made 8k in 7 months, its not gonna be nearly as much as i recieved...

aNskY
10-21-2008, 10:43 AM
im collecting as we speak, legit though, the residential construction industry is in the shitter :(

iHeartTheTouge
10-21-2008, 02:14 PM
i need to file for unemployment now. the place i worked out got bought out last month. i've been puttin applications in wherever possible and havent heard anything. doesnt help when the 240 and Z both develop problems within a week of eachother, i dont have a car suitable for driving right now :(

ESmorz
10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Butt fucking seriously

I want some free monies.

Bubbles
10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
It comes out of your check.

Do you or have you ever gotten a paycheck?

aziankingz
10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
isnt unemployment 300 a week?

DALAZ_68
10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
isnt unemployment 300 a week?nah....theres a point system they go by...its not a set amount...i know someone got 100 or so very 2 weeks...i got like 640 something...

mind u every time u get the app...u need to provide info on places u applied names addy and name of company

Matej
10-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Sweet, I want this.
I'd spend the money on car stuff and show up to collect my unemployment checks in a Ferrari.

aziankingz
10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
so if i file for unemployment and lets say i make around 2500 every 2 weeks..they will give me half of that?

GSXRJJordan
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Haha I remember Anthony's thread. Shitstorm. But that's cause he was flauntin it - before the economy took a huge dump (like a yr ago right?)

Anyway, I think you'll have a hard time getting decent pay, because you didn't make steady money in the first place. Unemployment is for people who had full time jobs and got laid off, not seasonal work - the reason for that is because full timers pay more into unemployment/social security.

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
^lol Jordan <33

OP you will be getting anywhere from 200-298$ every 2 weeks. Guaranteed.

DALAZ_68
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
^lol Jordan <33

OP you will be getting anywhere from 200-298$ every 2 weeks. Guaranteed.i say.....200 less because he wasnt a full timer just seasonal....let us know i guess

BTW.....make sure on the biweekly apps u ask for them to TAKE TAXES OFF....this way it doesnt bite u int he ass come tax seasons...its the only part i fucked up in

DreamN
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Is it really only for people who got laid off? What about someone who quit because of scheduling issues? Put in my 2 weeks notice and it was all done legit. Could I still benefit from unemployment?

Wouldn't mind a little in my pocket for gas and some misc. things.

downshift_sideways
10-21-2008, 09:00 PM
^I punched out another manager I was working with.

and still managed to get unemployment. :D

DreamN
10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
lol well damn, I think I having a good chance of my application being approved. I'll give it a try this week.

Akiros
10-21-2008, 09:28 PM
You're welching off other taxpayers who may or may not want to give you charity. I went to school with 12-18 credits/semester while working full time for two years. Woke up at 5, didn't get home 'til 11 four days a week for two semesters. Now that I'm in a real school, I've dialed it down to only about 20 hours a week.

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. Call me a crybaby if you want, but at least I'm not a burden to society.

word. do what you gotta do. I've kept on working, now I finally have a decent job making 500-600/wk just working weekends and 1 day during the week, while being a full time student. It teaches you a lot and helps you grow up and be a better person. Not crying, just looking from both sides of the story. Oh, and how about grants/loans/scholarships? Just saying, it looks like you are in this for the wrong reasons. A LOT of people work/school simultaneously, its just how it works. I was given just about nothing, but I'm putting myself through school and luckily make 30k+ a year at 20. Hard work pays off. done and done.

S13SilviaGirl
10-21-2008, 10:17 PM
There are a lot of ppl that cant even get it that actually need it. Expect to be hounded for everything. If you are late sending your shit in, they will suspend it until they talk to you. They will check to make sure you are looking for a job. Don't BS that shit.