PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Question (SOHC with a T3/T4)

rocksteady_racer
10-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Ok... I'm building a 90 240sx boosted SOHC with a T3/T4. CX-Racing kit. Well anyway, I am torn between getting a S-AFC and a e-manage ultimate. If I'm sticking with the stock cam, the s-afc should be allow me to tune it with larger injectors right? Is there a specific version of the s-afc you need to get? I've never used an s-afc before and just wanna make sure it'll be fine. I'm starting with 7-psi in the beginning but I wanna be safe and run larger injectors. Any recommendations for the T3/T4? 550cc would be perfect right or should I just get some 370s? I'm only going to tune it to 15 psi later so I'm just making sure this setup will be safe. If anyone has a boosted SOHC, could you post up some dynos/tuning setups? Thanks in advance. Also is it possible to use the Z32 maf with an s-afc or do you need to get a e-manage ultimate for that or would the sohc maf be fine with the s-afc and 15 psi?

steve shadows
10-19-2008, 01:07 AM
THey are both utter crap.

Please don't waste your money.

If you are at the crossroads invest in AT LEAST an AEM Piggy Back.

The AEM Piggy back is the only one I can stamp my approval on.

It intercepts OUTPUTS not INPUTS, this is very important for saftey and maximizing power with your setup.

rocksteady_racer
10-19-2008, 01:15 AM
You have a good point. I just didn't want to spend that much on my everyday driver.

rocksteady_racer
10-19-2008, 01:35 AM
I do like the aem one. I can use sr injectors and that to get 300 out of the ka right with a different fuel rail?

steve shadows
10-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Just use standard top feed updade injectors or send your stock sohc injectors to deatsh werks

rocksteady_racer
10-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Cool. What size injectors would work well? 370s or 550s? Steve Shadows, you are awesome by the way.

steve shadows
10-19-2008, 04:16 AM
I would run 550s for 300-350 whp ranges

txrxs
10-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Pick up some FC injectors, they drop right in. They range from 460's and 550's for the turbo injectors. Be sure to do your research as some are high and some are low impedence. I run the 550's with resistors wired in on my sohc with a T3. If you're not looking for anything crazy, just go with the safc, it works fine. Unless your motor is built I don't see the point of spending money on aem ems on a motor that most people throw away. The stock maf is good for around 250ish whp. Good luck with your setup, boosted sohcs are fun.