PDA

View Full Version : Help: Getting vidchat on AIM(PC) to work with AIM(IChat)

SC_S13
10-16-2008, 10:07 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for ages...i feel like i'm pretty proficient when it comes to technical difficulties, but this has eluded me for ages. okay here's some basic facts:
1. I'm on a PC, a laptop to be specific, running Windows Vista. I have AIM Pro and AIM 6.0, and use a Logitech Quickcam Orbit/Sphere AF. I've used a variety of routers, including a Belkin one, and am currently using a Netgear WGT624 wireless router.
2. I'm trying to connect with a Macbook Pro user, using AIM through IChat. I believe the router is an Airport.
3. It takes a lotta back and forth tries to get both of us to work. If we can connect, usually my friend can see me, but i can't see her. we've tried me inviting her, her canceling, and then her inviting me, and vice versa. The results are mixed. But it takes a bunch of tries regardless for it to work successfully.
4. We both tried downloading Skype, and that doesn't work either.

It leads me to believe it's a NAT/SIP problem, which i don't know how to fix. My signal can go through, but her's can't reach me. My UPNP is enabled for sure. anybody have this problem? almost all my friends have a some sort of mac now, so im really frustrated that it doesnt work well. i'm almost about to pick up a cheapo macbook just to get rid of this inconvienience.

cserrano86
10-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I dont think they're compatible with each other... Usually the people I vid chat with use iChat...
I guess you can try using Yahoo but it's not as good...