PDA

View Full Version : getting the BEST deal on ATT wireless service?

BustedS13
10-15-2008, 02:22 PM
my Sprint contract is almost up and i'm wanting to switch to AT&T, as they're the only provider with 3G in my area. i'd do T Mobile for the G1, but T Mobile doesn't have 3g here yet.
I want either a Blackjack or a Moto Q until ATT gets an Android phone.
how should I go about getting the ABSOLUTE best deal on pricing? i'll pay more up front for the phone if i can get the service for less. i need data and a substantial text package, but not many minutes.

thanks gaiz.

Future240
10-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Your best is to go with the 450 min plan, which is $40, but get media package which gives you unlimited on data and text for 35

*these prices are quoted straight from AT&T website using my zipcode so you prices may vary slightly

stiizy
10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
yeah i just did the same for the Iphone it's gonna be like 89 a month for 450 minutes, unlimited data, and unlimited text and all that..

Better than the 145 i paid for Verizon?

Future240
10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh only thing is that with the 450 min plan, you get 5000 nights and weekend minutes not unlimted, and when you call mobile to mobile it will eat up your regular mins first

flclsteve
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
get a part time job one day a week for at n t free service :D

Future240
10-15-2008, 05:16 PM
get a part time job one day a week for at n t free service :D

More info if you will

C. Senor
10-15-2008, 05:59 PM
the 450 min, unlimited data/text is def ur best bet. the next step in min i think is a 20 dollar difference, iirc. i just left att for verizon. but i had the iphone with an 80 dollar monthly, with that plan.

flclsteve
10-15-2008, 06:09 PM
More info if you will
i was not being serious but if u want free atnt service work for them once a week. They give u free service or somthing like 20 dollars a month

BustedS13
10-15-2008, 06:26 PM
i'd actually consider being a part time att wireless salesman if it wasn't a conflict of interest. i currently work for a company that has a contract with att

silviaguy240
10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
edit: reading pwns me....

theronin
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
rollover minutes are a definite plus. i think i have like 2k in anytime min.

ALTRNTV
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Get an iPhone, don't you love Apple?

:keke:

Ricks15
10-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Just watch out with all those nice Smart-Iphones ATT has cuz if you happen to fuckem UP by accident or whatever. Ur left all alone with no Insurance. N ur left with 2 choices either pay FULL msrp. Or risk it with some refurbished shitt... Personally:fawk: AT&T. But whateverz Good luck.

BustedS13
10-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Get an iPhone, don't you love Apple?

:keke:
lololol. i'm debating apple vs. moto q/blackjack. i like the iphone. but i don't know if i'd be locked into an iphone PLAN? it's not laid out on the website.
i'm on my fourth iPod (160gb Classic this time), and i've had two Shuffles... not all Apple is bad, i just don't believe in using tech as a fashion statement. and i don't like paying twice what i should for a device.

Just watch out with all those nice Smart-Iphones ATT has cuz if you happen to fuckem UP by accident or whatever. Ur left all alone with no Insurance. N ur left with 2 choices either pay FULL msrp. Or risk it with some refurbished shitt... Personally:fawk: AT&T. But whateverz Good luck.

i've gone through a Treo 700p, Treo 750, Moto Q, and now i'm on a Moto Q9c. i haven't broken any of them, i'll be fine with any smart phone of my choosing
edit: ....do they not offer insurance on the iPhone? i think i misread your post. if not, that's fucking weak. Apple products break ALL THE TIME. for NO REASON.
my iPods have a tendency of breaking after the warranty runs out, i wonder when iphones are programmed to break

looks like i might be able to get a Citigroup employee discount through a buddy... 20% off :D

shishcabobers
10-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I once had 15000 roll over minutes compiled over a 2 year span. True story.

98s14inaz
10-16-2008, 09:07 AM
my Sprint contract is almost up and i'm wanting to switch to AT&T, as they're the only provider with 3G in my area. i'd do T Mobile for the G1, but T Mobile doesn't have 3g here yet.
I want either a Blackjack or a Moto Q until ATT gets an Android phone.
how should I go about getting the ABSOLUTE best deal on pricing? i'll pay more up front for the phone if i can get the service for less. i need data and a substantial text package, but not many minutes.

thanks gaiz.

What area do you live in? It's pretty hard to find an area where verizon doesn't work and our 3g works on 85% of our entire network not just select cities. We have several 3g capable phones now too. Let me know if you need anything.

BustedS13
10-16-2008, 09:24 AM
What area do you live in? It's pretty hard to find an area where verizon doesn't work and our 3g works on 85% of our entire network not just select cities. We have several 3g capable phones now too. Let me know if you need anything.

midwest, saint louis mo. i need data, lots of texts, and maybe 500 minutes. could you cut me a deal?

stiizy
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
^ Verizons Data plan alone is like 45 bucks.......

s13silady
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
im just waiting for the Blackberry 9000 Bold to come out... fuckin taking forever.... feels like an eternity. i liked the blackjack until i found out about its battery life...

BustedS13
10-16-2008, 01:53 PM
what does ATT charge for Blackberry service? i know Sprint is like an extra 5-10/mo for a BB over the Moto Q or Treo

blitzsti22
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
im a sprint employee and have unlimited everything for free:boink::boink::boink:

rps13drift
10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
what does ATT charge for Blackberry service? i know Sprint is like an extra 5-10/mo for a BB over the Moto Q or Treo

I pay something like 65$ a month for unlimited text/data on my blackberry curve but i forget the minutes i have! I also have another one for free from my work:D Very awesome phone with crazy long battery life. I put a 2gb memory card in my one and i use it as a mp3 player everyday without draining the battery fast. only crappy thing is its not on the 3g. I am also awaiting the bold

98s14inaz
10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
midwest, saint louis mo. i need data, lots of texts, and maybe 500 minutes. could you cut me a deal?

^ Verizons Data plan alone is like 45 bucks.......

$29.99 unlimited email/web (BB, Palm, Windows Mobile phones) +
$59.99 select 450 anytime mins, unlimited messaging to anyone on any network, unlimited in calling, unlimited nights and weekends.

What company do you work for? You may be entitled to a discount too. I get 15% off monthly bill, 20% off data, 25% off accessories with my discount. Some companies get more, some less. Even college students get discounts...ASU is 10% iirc.

eli_eli
10-17-2008, 03:28 AM
i dont know about phones, but whaterver minutes you need, and check this out, really works, if you guys ever every go over your minutes, call at&t and tell them, you cant afford the bill, and you'de rather cancel the service, they will void the extra charges, no joke, ive done it about 7-8 times on my account, and they have it on record, and dont listen when they tell you they dont back track anymore, its a lie, just press 8 under the options, its the extension for canceling accounts...it works

Ineedparts
10-17-2008, 11:13 AM
You cannot get insurance for the i phone. Check with your company and see if they give you a discount. I work for Dardan and we get a 20% discount off ou rmonthly bill. Check with your company for the discount, when I first went to AT&T, I asked them about the discount and they said I do not get one. I double checked with my boss and he said we do, so I went back, told them, and got my discount..

Mi Beardo es Loco
10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
you DO know that you could cancel the contract at anytime now without a cancelation fee.

s13silady
10-17-2008, 11:51 AM
for ATT the blackberry Data plan ( unlimited text, picture and, data) is 10 bucks more... so im guessing 50 bucks for the data plan on top of your service fee...

my bill is about 100 bucks a month...never over, sometimes under. i dont care.. i fucking love it.. rollover ftw.

MudRacer
10-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Dont go to $h!Ty-Mobile and gAyTT. jk.

CDMA still has better call reception if you use your minutes alot. If you are interested in data plans, the EV-Do network provides high speeds. Ive been using the data plan for a year now and I barely experience any issues. BTW Im a heavy PDA user. WM6.1+ on XV6700, xv6800 and the I760.

Let me know if u need help picking out a pda. smartphones are just weak.

BustedS13
10-17-2008, 04:43 PM
you DO know that you could cancel the contract at anytime now without a cancelation fee.

...in california
i don't live in candyland