PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 1991 Mistsu Galant VR-4...

SexPanda
10-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey guys. Just a feeler for my brother. He's got a Galant VR-4, with some stuff done to it, in decent shape, and wants to sell it for an s14or an e30.

At least he has good taste...

Anyhow, here's the car. The Good-

Galant VR-4 *(clone)
AWD,
AWS,
black leather interior, 1
8 inch rims,
boost gauge, oil pressure, water temp, etc...
Runs decent,
100k miles or so, its been rebuilt before.
3000GT front brakes, Eclipse/Talon/Laser turbo rear brakes, drilled, slotted, EBC green stuff brake pads,
18 inch steelie spair tire (i know lol wtf)

The bad-
Not a REAL Vr-4. Previous owner crashed his real VR-4, put EVERYTHING in it in a regular galant GSX
Its a DSM
Body is ok, not great.
bad shocks/struts
interior is decent, could use cleaned up, door piller cover
drivers side seatbelt motor is shot
strait pipe exhaust (no cats, muffler)
needs a tune. Running rich.
needs a good ol fashioned buffing/waxing
goofy fucking intercooler
pevious owner did hack-job wiring... along with my brother
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
its a dsm

Here are some pictures. He wants to know what a reasonable offering price is...

http://a681.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_69d204f0b227ba544c70824f3c57ffb0.jpg
http://a136.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/l_a54001499db3f5e59f10a88fd6b05fb7.jpg
http://a636.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_982c56c2ca18172fe46d940fad5c0203.jpg

sorry, cant find any good pics of the interior, or any other angles. These are what he had on his myspace...

well, tear it apart guys. nit pick it, so I can tell him what to fix real quick, what to change, what to do, what not to do, etc.

HyperTek
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
wow that ic is pretty low..
i dunno 4-5k? if anyone is looking into those cars.
Clean up the car, advertise it as a "daily driver, commuter 4 door" or something

IF he has fab skills, i say throw that stuff into a mirage and do a evo clone.. id actually like an evo clone if it can be done with awd. *i registered for a mirage forum too just to see the threads and it can be done, just a rear subframe needs to be fabbed up*

SexPanda
10-13-2008, 09:21 PM
i think he'd shit himself if he got 5k outta it...

Oh yeah, ARP headstuds, cometic headgasket, uh... yeah.

I'll prolly take the liberty of posting it up on craigslist for him. He needs a reliable car... And DSM isn't exactly synonymous with reliable. They're old, they got beaten up, and its a belt driven interference engine... Bad news bears right there.

twotoes
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
wow I cant believe Jordan actually decided to sell it. I would say right around 3000-3500. If he cleaned up the engine bay and the interior (especially the hack job pillar gauges) he could maybe pull some more money. He can get enough money to be able to afford an s14 or e30 i think. Maybe not the cleanest ones but decent.

HyperTek
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
its all in the way he advertises it. Its a rare car, has turbo, 4 doors, and awd.. so push it as a rare awd turbo. And just say its a VR4 conversion all parts where installd for the swap. etc etc.

Post it on craigslist.. put in the discription "this was the predecessor to the lancer evolutions" That should stirr up some curious heads

SexPanda
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
thats a good idear... The first EVO lol.

I'll take some time tomorrow after my errands to make a nice ad. I'll prolly get him to write down all the info about it at school, so when he gets home he'll have it ready for me. I think I'll put down 3500 obo. All it needs is a little work to be nice and reliable... But he's the kind of person that rushes stuff...

Maybe make an add on here...

Fries
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I like it, pretty cool car. If I bought it I'd take the wing off, lower it and put some different wheels on it. Would look sick as fuck for a daily!

twotoes
10-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I like it, pretty cool car. If I bought it I'd take the wing off, lower it and put some different wheels on it. Would look sick as fuck for a daily!

yeah man galant vr4 ftw +1 for everything u said. (I cant believe u made that your avatar Fries WTF?!)LOL

I hope he sells it locally cause i would miss the hell out of that car kile. You know what dude, maybe u could post it on craigslist as a car for trade and mention your looking for an s14. I remember seeing 1 or 2 240's for trade for a talon or something awhile back, im sure you would get a few bites.

SexPanda
10-13-2008, 10:49 PM
yeah he wanted to get it to be like an evo 1... but i was like eh no.

I'd rock it too as a daily... but he wont give me any kind of discount on it... He wouldnt mind trading it for an s14... but im trying to convince him he needs an e30.

s13dan
10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
clone=fail

SexPanda
10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
clone=fail

try telling that to all of the "silvias" on here. It doesnt say VR-4 except on the VR-4 interior. It doesnt even say galant. but it is what it is... In fact, its better than a vr-4 because it doesnt have 4 lug wheels.

Fries
10-13-2008, 11:49 PM
I seriously doubt anyone will trade a clean s14 for this vehicle. Why not an s13?

BustedS13
10-13-2008, 11:52 PM
wtf, there's two galant vr4's for sale in STL at the same time?

twotoes
10-13-2008, 11:56 PM
^^^ dude you would be surprised what people are willing to trade for those crazy ass dsm's lol. People have a strange attraction to them and it seems that once you get a dsm in your blood....you want another one i dunno. But I agree, why not an s13? Jordan wanted to buy yours back in the day didnt he kile? An e30 wouldnt be bad either, i love those things.

BustedS13
10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
the other one is 1800, motivated seller... i watched it blow the doors off a '99 mustang GT. not saying much but i know both cars, the mustang is good for mid 13's, and the vr4 put buslengths on it.

burns a ton of oil though, i think

twotoes
10-14-2008, 12:38 AM
burns a ton of oil though, i think

its a dsm...if it didnt i would be worried, but like most dsm's it can prolly be fixed with zipties and duck tape LOL

im jk...not really, I love dsm's their so cool IMO

smelly240
10-14-2008, 04:14 AM
i drove one of these when i was a youngster :P its been 6 years now since i sold it... the 4ws is sorta dumb - in the years i owned mine i had the 4ws light come on like twice.

lucky7
10-14-2008, 06:29 AM
i had a '94 talon es with a turbo swap. it was quick bone stock, but fuck all things mitsubishi. i wouldnt even touch an evo with a stick after owning that car. i have massive amounts of hatred for DSM's. 2ndly, o have zero respect for anyone that drives/owns one. :keke:

btw, you brother has good taste. i has S14 and E30. :bigok:

RedStage
10-14-2008, 06:36 AM
clone=fail

try telling that to all of the "silvias" on here.

lol...Ouch!!

SexPanda
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
i had a '94 talon es with a turbo swap. it was quick bone stock, but fuck all things mitsubishi. i wouldnt even touch an evo with a stick after owning that car. i have massive amounts of hatred for DSM's. 2ndly, o have zero respect for anyone that drives/owns one. :keke:

I agree. DSM ftl. But he wanted a DD and a friend sold it to him for pretty cheap. And he's had... 6 DSMs, idk why but he likes them... I'll ask him what he feels about s13's.

lucky7
10-14-2008, 05:12 PM
thats the thing about most DSM-tards. they bitch and moan about them. then the go out and buy another one. these people should be committed. fuck, i had ONE for about 6 months. i drove it for 1, it broke. i bought a corolla. fixed the DSM, and spent several months trying to sell it. :keke:

Daniel.
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM

btw, you brother has good taste. i has S14 and E30. :bigok:

yessss i am the capt of the failboat.

evo interior sucks.

anyways... i wouldnt pay more than 3-4k for the galant.

lucky7
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
lol. im not a fan, sorry. :bigok:

somovr4
10-15-2008, 05:09 PM
hello, i am the owner of this car. dosnt burn oil, and has a small oil leak on the failpro oil pan gasket. car runs great! its my daily driver and it can move, but as my brother previously listed its running rich, dog snappy rich. im only looking to get 3-4 k out of it. i just want something different such as a s13 or an s14. but im still trying to debate if I really do want to get rid of it. when i get home i will post up all of the things i did to it. arp's n goofy intercoolerz n stuffz.

then someone tell me what they think its worth. i have my brothers opinion of cleaning it and other small but thats one bear/person.

Future240
10-15-2008, 05:18 PM
is it me or is the IC crooked?

somovr4
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
is it me or is the IC crooked?

it is slightly crooked in that picture, but its straight now. thats not the intercooler for the specific piping, it has the ETS vr4 kit, but the intercooler that came with the kit made love to this nice size rock so i had to replace it fast.

buschur racing stage 1 block(https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_34_122&products_id=148&osCsid=19f50ffa30793c7672d89c31426bb3a8)
custom built head by threlkelds, with mild port/polish and 5 angle valve job
keydiver stage III ecu
apr head studs with oem headgasket
apexi safcII
720cc injectors
MHI evoIII big 16g , ported and clipped by buschur racing
evoIII exaust manifold, ported and polished
ETS front mount intercooler kit
2g maf conversion, with dejon hard kit
custom built manual boost controller
2.5in ported o2 housing with external wastegate dump
3in dp
3in straitpipe after dp, no cat
crushed 1g bov
walbro 255lph
and some other stuff http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/horny.gif

transmission/stop tech-
stock tranny
act 2600 with oem disk and lightened flywheel
short throw shifter
3kgt-S/tt big brake kit with new rotors and ebc green stuff
4ws has been eliminated
abs is still intact

interior-
all refinished black leather all from a vr4, every last peice
autometer boost gauge
oris oil pressure gauge
spl(?) water temp gauge
autometer narrowband AFR gauge
ralliart floor matts
all new memphis speakers all around
mp3 cd player

wheels/tires-
18in driftZ wheels
brand new tires

also car has new

timing belt
waterpump
all new gaskets
wheel bearings
brakes and pads
battery
alternator
ps pump
belts
other commonly replaced items.

alot of time and money dumped into this car.

bad-
has slight oil leak from the oil pan gasket. nothing to worry about just oil pan is slick.

its a dsm

has a few small dents here and there, with a black front bumper.

running rich due to improperly sized injectors.

alignment is slightly off, but tire wear is not affected, steering wheel needs aligned.

really loud and obnoctious due to straight pipe exhaust.

rear shocks are about done so it squeeks going over bumps.

small grind in third( but will be fixed soon)

just what do you think about this? what condition 240sx would compare? im really in love with s13-14's, especially lowered with streched tires on deepdish wheels. :naughty:

SexPanda
10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Did you mention it was a DSM jordan?

Wait I see it... Also, just wanted to add, none of the foglights or anything up front are hooked up. it has headlights and blinkers, but no fogs/drl's

somovr4
10-16-2008, 06:46 AM
yes it has the jdm headlights and fogs so you have to wire the drl and fogs but it has the other necessities. but you silvia front end guys know the drill on that.