PDA

View Full Version : Rough Idle Problem... Sometimes go away

Crazian609
10-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Ok... my problem is this... Thiers a lot of black smoke comming from exhaust Checked oil and did a block test... Good comp 150 across the board. No oil leaks. The engine Idles at times good...

* After driving on it on the freeway and taking it past 3K RPM *jumping on it* I feel the motor start to vibrate when I give it gas... Bogging as the idle drops to 900...Thiers Loss of power after that... and U can hear the exhaust (stock) go Put Put Put Put.. Giving it gas makes the vibrations go away at 1.8K RPM.. But at Idle u can really feel the car shake... While Driving around like this... I notice it sometimes goes away making the engine return to normal idle.

New Distrubuter caps... Timming is correct.. New plugs and wires.

Ok I did try to check the Fuel Injection System.. Fuel pressure is all good to the fuel rail... Not sure if this is how u check the injectors.. But while the car was running.. I unpluged the connections one by one on the fuel injectors... Noticing the Engine drop in idle and timing In every one... EXEPCT the 3rd one counting 1234 front front to back of the engine.... Is this a sign of a Bad fuel injector? Unplugging the connectors for the injectors makes the car shake more EXCEPT the 3rd one... which unplugging it gives no effect.

Check Engine Light is on... OBD1.. Throwing a Three and Two Flashes (Code 32 - EGR Valve) and a Three and Four Flash (Code 34 - Knock Sensor)

Engine is rebuilt... Ready to go stock 7 PSI boost.... I need help to iron out these problems... Do I have a Leaky or Non compliant fuel injector?

james81
10-13-2008, 01:49 AM
maybe ur injector O-ring

jarredd
12-06-2008, 11:33 PM
hey man, did you ever get this problem resolved?????? i am having a similiar isse right now... i will check my injectors to see if it acts the same as yours

alzahakar
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
If you unplugged the injector and the idle didn't change, then yes, that's a bad injector and could very well be the source of your problems. I had a 93 coupe that experienced similar problems, only it started rough, idled like crap and had absolutely terrible power... Then I replaced the injector, which fixed the first two problems. Then I swapped in a SR which fixed the last problem.