turbo98
10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx LE
Mileage: 108k chassis/10k motor
Condition: exterior is around a 8/10; interior is 9/10; drivetrain is 9.5/10
Title: Clear
Price:$5k and PLEASE READ BELOW...!!!
Numbers: 356whp and [email protected]

Suspension: D2 Racing coilovers, Circuit Sports tie rods with ends, Apex'i strut bar...that's it.

Interior: Se black interior, custom fit Apex'i AFC2, Nismo shift know, B&M short shifter, Top Fuel Zero 1000 60mm boost guage with peak/warn, AEM wideband both mounted on column. No rips or tears on anything...great looking! Alpine door speakers, Pioneer headunit, Memphis rear speakers.

Exterior: Almost complete JDM set-up. Missing front lip and rear valences. Paint is ok, I means, it's original. Does have a couple dents on the drivers door and one small ding behind drivers window. Fenders are rolled. It also has the Navan wing. Windows tinted 20% around and windshield 35%. Carbon Fiber JDM Grill.

Engine: Block has Supertech pistons, Eagle rods, stock crank. Arp headstuds, Cometic gasket. Head is stock other than that.

Turbo/exhaust: Turbonetic HIFI 60-1, turbonetics evolution 38mm wastegate,custom made bottom mount manifold, custom made downpipe, Apex'i GT spec exhaust.

Fuel: Nismo 555cc injectors, Synchronic FMU, Walbro 255, AFC2 for tuning, wideband also...

Intake/cooling: K&N filter, STOCK MAF, Custom intercooler piping, no name intercooler....

Wheels: Work Meister s2r 18x9 +15 18x10 +20 235/40/18 and 255/35/18 BFG KDW 2

Everything else: Umm...it has a pretty money green valve cover, brand new timing chain kit installed, 6000k HID kit, battery relocated to trunk with yellow top, turbosmart manual bc, Nismo motor and tranny mounts, NGK plug wires, not sure if I'm forgetting anything

OKAY, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING.......
The motor is done, it melted a piston in number one and it's just done. Here's what I'm doing. I'm going to sell the CHASSIS for $5k. What does this include? EVERYTHING attached to the car minus the exhaust and turbo setup. This includes wheels, tires, suspension, all the interior, the gauges, all the exterior pieces, the tranny, rearend, axles, etc etc. NO TURBO, NO MOTOR!! The car books for like $4300 and it has a clean title. So you can get a loan for it...

Now, the rest will be sold accordingly. If the buyer wants the rest with the car, I will include for extra money. If not, I will sell things individually, but not in this thread. So don't post saying you want this part and that part. Either PM me or wait for my part-out thread...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/nissanmeet026.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/nissanmeet027.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/nissanmeet028.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/nissanmeet048.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/2008pics181.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/2008pics182.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/adammlong/2008pics183.jpg

Here's a couple videos....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Turbo-S2000-Z06-KAT-240_182439.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfrW6cu5nBo

Typeone
10-08-2008, 07:52 AM
The car was tuned on an FMU, manual boost controller and an AFC2????

Who tuned it?

I'll assume the car has an after market clutch? What about LSD?

AC or power steering?

blingleng
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
^^ what the guy said on top...
PS?
How is the clutch? LSD?

Can the car be driven everyday?

tb3
10-08-2008, 12:23 PM
wow. absolutely beautiful and would be mine if this was the spring. great price glws!

turbo98
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow, don't know how I left all that out...lol. Local guy tuned it on a Mustang dyno. It has a ACT 6 puck unsprung. Ac works as does power steering. Here's the tricky part, it USED to have a Nismo 2-way, the previous owner says he broke it and put a stock open diff. back in, well, it's defintely not an open diff. It will leave 2 streaks down the road until you let off, it also will chirp the tires if you make a hard u-turn. BUT the wheels will NOT turn together if they are off the ground...

I do drive this everyday, it does NOT die at idle with or without AC on. It also has a new alternator as of like 2 months ago.....

Typeone
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Can I get pictures of the interior... also pictures of the dents?

Is it normal for those kinds of power numbers with a stock MAF, and 555 injectors? (then again those are mustang numbers, so I guess it seems about right)

What is the AFR at WO and part throttle?

Will you sell without the wheels?

What size wastegate, and type of BOV?

Sorry for all of the questions... just trying to get more info.

Slow Nizzy
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
+1 on the pics of the interior. Also looking for a pic of the trunk with the relo.

i240sx2nvi
10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
if ur willing to part out ur sideskirts ill buy them

turbo98
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Can I get pictures of the interior... also pictures of the dents?

Is it normal for those kinds of power numbers with a stock MAF, and 555 injectors? (then again those are mustang numbers, so I guess it seems about right)

What is the AFR at WO and part throttle?

Will you sell without the wheels?

What size wastegate, and type of BOV?

Sorry for all of the questions... just trying to get more info.

Actually, no, I shouldn't be making over 300whp with a stock maf. If you can explain it, please do. I tried putting a 300zx maf on it, and it wouldn't even run. At WOT it run a 12.1 and part throttle it's all over the place...usually around 11s.

I will sell it without the wheels, but the offer better be good for me to take them off. Wastegate is a 38mm and bov is a Turbosmart sleeper supersonic.

+1 on the pics of the interior. Also looking for a pic of the trunk with the relo.

I'll get some tomorrow!!

if ur willing to part out ur sideskirts ill buy them

Negative...lol...

808_s13
10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
i love how you chose the
navan 3pc instead of the kouki.
very unique

-makua[ace]

Typeone
10-09-2008, 08:27 AM
At WOT it run a 12.1 and part throttle it's all over the place...usually around 11s.

Is that with the Z32 MAF, or as it runs now?

Also, do you have a dyno graph?

turbo98
10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Is that with the Z32 MAF, or as it runs now?

Also, do you have a dyno graph?

No, that's with a stock maf...and I do have the dyno graph, just no scanner...but the numbers I have posted are BEFORE I put the cams in...I got the pics everyone wanted, I shall upload them when I get home!

Edit: I also added some videos to the original post...

Typeone
10-09-2008, 03:23 PM
So the car made 350+ whp without cams and on the stock MAF? I'm just trying to get the info straight.. thats impressive.

turbo98
10-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes...I know that sounds ass backwards, but it did make it somehow...I have 2 seperate tuning maps for winter and summer also!

Typeone
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Is there any reason why you haven't upgraded to a stand alone? Did you mention that the car comes with a wideband(which brand)?

I'm sorry, you can PM me or send me a direct email instead of going though the thread.
[email protected]

Thanks,

HolyShiznit
10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Don't want to call anyone or anything a liar because there could be different reasons (such as the settings on the dyno being WAYYYY off or something) but I don't want people reading this thinking it is possible to duplicate this. The fact is the stock MAF simply CANNOT flow enough air to reach that true RWHP. It caps out around 235-265 depending on conditions/dyno/etc. The main point is NOT the specific HP output but the air flowing, it WILL max it out.

Typeone
10-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I was thinking 17psi of a 60 trim is a large amount of boost for the stock MAF... lol I was hoping I was crazy. :-P I have seen dynos make really poor readings on cars, it all depends on how it was calibrated. I've seen a stock EK Civic with a B18C5 and bolt ons put down 268whp. (there is no way that motor will make that much power without boost)

Did they dyno any other cars the day this car was tuned?

turbo98
10-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Is there any reason why you haven't upgraded to a stand alone? Did you mention that the car comes with a wideband(which brand)?

I'm sorry, you can PM me or send me a direct email instead of going though the thread.
[email protected]

Thanks,

I don't mind typing on here, the reason I haven't done standalone is for 2 reasons. Number 1 being I don't have the funds to purchase and/or tune it. Second one is that it runs PERFECT with an AFC, kinda like if it ain't broke don't fix it....it's an AEM wideband installed 10 inches from turbo...

Don't want to call anyone or anything a liar because there could be different reasons (such as the settings on the dyno being WAYYYY off or something) but I don't want people reading this thinking it is possible to duplicate this. The fact is the stock MAF simply CANNOT flow enough air to reach that true RWHP. It caps out around 235-265 depending on conditions/dyno/etc. The main point is NOT the specific HP output but the air flowing, it WILL max it out.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing here. If someone wants to step in and tell me how and why it is, please do.

I was thinking 17psi of a 60 trim is a large amount of boost for the stock MAF... lol I was hoping I was crazy. :-P I have seen dynos make really poor readings on cars, it all depends on how it was calibrated. I've seen a stock EK Civic with a B18C5 and bolt ons put down 268whp. (there is no way that motor will make that much power without boost)

Did they dyno any other cars the day this car was tuned?

The only car before me was 20g gsx with bolt-ons, it made 315awhp on 20psi...

Did you check the videos in the original post?

I will be MORE than happy to re-dyno for a serious buyer with video proof that I'm not full of shit...lol...

This is what it made on 9psi...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/2210000-2210999/2210522_19_full.jpg

This is it on 14psi...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/2210000-2210999/2210522_27_full.jpg

blingleng
10-09-2008, 08:50 PM
7k. You keep the wheels.

Let me know.

Thanks.

awdstroker
10-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I thought the car was down....

blingleng
10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
^^ why is it down?
I take my 7k back until i find out what is wrong.

turbo98
10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
7k. You keep the wheels.

Let me know.

Thanks.

$8k and I keep the wheels...

I thought the car was down....

It is...I'm dropping it off with Mike on Monday...

^^ why is it down?
I take my 7k back until i find out what is wrong.

Because I'm a genious and decided to shift into neutral at 120mph and jumped timing, hense the new timing chaing kit, etc. etc.....

The reason I didn't say so before is because I didn't think the car would have any serious offers for a while and it's getting fixed next week. So, with that being said, the new owner will get an OEM freshened head, new headgasket, new cams, new timing chain kit, new oil pump, and new waterpump...and other little nicknack stuff that goes along with a head rebuild...obviously all installed and ready to roll.

Sorry for not stating this earlier, like I said, it didn't seem prudent to mention since I didn't see someone showing up a week after I posted with money in hand...

Typeone
10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
:-/

This info would have been good to know before hand... I would post it back up when the car runs.

awhitefuneral
10-09-2008, 10:56 PM
:tweak: no crap, huh.......ahah...at least it'll have new stuff though...

EVO_RYAN
10-10-2008, 12:13 AM
i can vouche for this car. seen it in person...hell some of those pics were taken at my shop, and the nissan meet i set up. haha.

car was very strong before the cams. and is super clean.

turbo98
10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
:-/

This info would have been good to know before hand... I would post it back up when the car runs.

Nah, I'll just keep this thread going, it's gonna be fixed in less than a week, by then, it will have a lot of exposure. Not to mention it will be in better shape than it was before...and faster...lol

:tweak: no crap, huh.......ahah...at least it'll have new stuff though...

Like I said, I didn't mean to make it look like I was hiding it....

i can vouche for this car. seen it in person...hell some of those pics were taken at my shop, and the nissan meet i set up. haha.

car was very strong before the cams. and is super clean.

Thanks man! I still wanna run that turd SR of yours...lol...

EVO_RYAN
10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
alpha will be tuning my car next weekend! we shall see what she makes

koukimatt
10-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Here's the tricky part, it USED to have a Nismo 2-way, the previous owner says he broke it and put a stock open diff. back in, well, it's defintely not an open diff. It will leave 2 streaks down the road until you let off, it also will chirp the tires if you make a hard u-turn. BUT the wheels will NOT turn together if they are off the ground...

This sounds like a Helical LSD, possibly the S15 HLSD guts swapped into the stock housing.

Oo_Skyline_oO
10-12-2008, 01:27 AM
dude.............:wackit:

turbo98
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
This sounds like a Helical LSD, possibly the S15 HLSD guts swapped into the stock housing.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...

turbo98
10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Bump and please read the title again, new info added and the price lowered $5000....

Duke Kochis
10-20-2008, 08:48 PM
That thing is clean. What kind of turbo manifold is that?

turbo98
10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
That thing is clean. What kind of turbo manifold is that?

It was custom made...

WangonwWarrior
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Ok so your asking $5k for the shell?:tweak: Im confused

SilviaDoctrine
10-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Nice car and great deal!

Augownage
10-21-2008, 01:46 AM
The car books for 4300 (assuming it runs and drives with no major engine problems), and youre taking the ENGINE, TURBO, and EXHAUST, then asking 5000?

wow.:-/

just wow.

And why are you even bothering with who tuned it(if it melted a piston, obviously it was either tuned by a complete dumbfuck, or the owner did not ensure there was enough fuel delivery availible), the videos of it running, and all that mess? Its like saying "Oh heres this amazing car, look how fast it is! but im taking the engine, sorry."

The car is worth 6 if it ran good with turbo. but 5000, minus everything that gives the car any value whatsoever, = no value whatsoever.

"OH ITS A 240 ITS WORTH A LOT" No. it has no engine. it doesn't go anywhere. its a hunk of scrap metal that needs shit tons of work and money put into it before it can be on the road again.

Sure, the paint is ok, that engine looks cool, oooo nice turbo and exhaust system, OH WAIT YOURE TAKING ALL THAT SHIT OUT!:mrmeph:

Rip off. Period.

turbo98
10-21-2008, 09:04 AM
The car books for 4300 (assuming it runs and drives with no major engine problems), and youre taking the ENGINE, TURBO, and EXHAUST, then asking 5000?

wow.:-/

just wow.

And why are you even bothering with who tuned it(if it melted a piston, obviously it was either tuned by a complete dumbfuck, or the owner did not ensure there was enough fuel delivery availible), the videos of it running, and all that mess? Its like saying "Oh heres this amazing car, look how fast it is! but im taking the engine, sorry."

The car is worth 6 if it ran good with turbo. but 5000, minus everything that gives the car any value whatsoever, = no value whatsoever.

"OH ITS A 240 ITS WORTH A LOT" No. it has no engine. it doesn't go anywhere. its a hunk of scrap metal that needs shit tons of work and money put into it before it can be on the road again.

Sure, the paint is ok, that engine looks cool, oooo nice turbo and exhaust system, OH WAIT YOURE TAKING ALL THAT SHIT OUT!:mrmeph:

Rip off. Period.

Are you fucking retarted? The reason all that is posted is because it did run up until recently, instead of me starting a new thread, I just used what I had and if it did have a turbo on it and it did still run, no less than $10k and yes, I can get $5k for a shell. Work wheels, D2 suspension, Nismo mounts, Act clutch, LSD, AEM wideband, Top Fuel boost gauge, JDM Aero, clean title, clean car...all that equals $5k to someone, maybe not you, but someone else. And the reason I'm leaving all the videos and info is because someone may want everything with the car and they can see what it did before it let go.

Kthx...

Oh, and if you think a built KA-T kouki is worth $6000, you have no idea wtf you are talking about...question me? Go take a look at the other kouki's for sale on here, see what they get. If need be, I'll put a ka back in it, put the turbo kit back on and sell it for $8000, but I figure someone can save some money and get it now while I'm pissed about the situation and just want to unload it...

kouness
10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
wow.. thats is not a bad price, considering how much a ka engine go for these days.. you can get a kouki with all the goodies and a ka engine in there for less than 6000 total.. i would say that this is hell of a deal.. glws- kouvang

turbo98
10-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you!

riubens
10-21-2008, 02:12 PM
bump for a fellow alabamian!

Slow Poke
10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Nice Deal!

turbo98
10-24-2008, 12:49 PM
!!!!!sold!!!!